• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Here's a video where Rosalina has takes part in story mode. I really do think that you'd have to compete against Rosalina in dream mode, but I don't know how you can unlock, maybe by beating her? Oh, and the Rosalina part starts at 33:00, so basically 33 minutes later into the video.

As far as we know, sonicbrawler182 sonic translated one line for us, but I think Rosalina makes that line when you accept the request. Plus, I am SO happy they bought back Mii clothes. I've missed those since the Winter Olympic Games on the Wii.
I like how, by quoting you I quote the edited post instead of what I'm actually seeing.
Speaking of nice touches, I think that the float is a cool feature of her, although I think that it's emphatized too much by bare foots, but w/e, curious how my favourite potrayals of Rosalina are in crappy games, barring Sm4sh.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I like how, by quoting you I quote the edited post instead of what I'm actually seeing.
Speaking of nice touches, I think that the float is a cool feature of her, although I think that it's emphatized too much by bare foots, but w/e, curious how my favourite potrayals of Rosalina are in crappy games, barring Sm4sh.
Yeah, it's normally me trying to perfect and conceal my flaws whenever I post. It's nothing, and float does make her unique, except she doesn't when she plays in an Olympic game.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Here's a video where Rosalina has takes part in story mode. I really do think that you'd have to compete against Rosalina in dream mode, but I don't know how you can unlock, maybe by beating her? Oh, and the Rosalina part starts at 33:31, so basically 33 minutes and 31 seconds later into the video.

As far as we know, sonicbrawler182 translated one line for us, but I think Rosalina makes that line when you accept the request. Plus, I am SO happy they bought back Mii clothes. I've missed those since the Winter Olympic Games on the Wii.
I may look like a joykiller but I hate Miis. And they're taking more and more place in the games... I'd have prefered so much controlling an actual character in Mario Golf: World Tour, I'd have prefered the developers to take less time to make Mii costumes to develop their other version of the game...
I just find them useless and irrelevant. Please nobody tries to make a big speech to prove me the opposite, this is just my opinion and it's true it's mostly based on nothing except personality.
My Mii is just there because you need one, but I've never played with it, and it's not like if I want too.

Anyway, the arcade version got some footage today. Strange how it lacks of characters? They can't make unlockable characters on an arcade version, and they wouldn't dare making DLCs for it... It still means no sight of Rosie in other events.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You aren't alone on that one. I heavily dislike miis.

specially in games like MK7 where they make those annoying sounds.

The Arcade version , as usual , looks better graphically than the Wii U version . It seems to be lacking all the newcomers added in the console and handheld , but it also has less events.

Maybe it will get updated like MKAGPDX , but it's not relevant for me.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's normally me trying to perfect and conceal my flaws whenever I post. It's nothing, and float does make her unique, except she doesn't when she plays in an Olympic game.
That's not what i said, I was pointing at the fact that, when clicking the "reply" button, Smashboards copies the text of the message at his latest form, even if you didn't refresh the page and still have the unedited post.
Speaking of Miis, I don't think I am as intolerant as it looks like you are. However, I surely do reject their ever-presence. Technically they should be a reflection of the player, one of the aims of not having a speaking protagonist as well, but they instead are just flat characters, wich hardly rapresent the player well enough.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Looking through the video Char posted, I've something easily predictable:
upload_2016-2-25_23-56-15.png

When will they learn Laura's name... Or Kerri changed drastically her voice, or they're being blind on who's voicing their character! It's the third game now! How's that still possible?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I posted that a loooong time ago.

page 378
I may have missed it in that flow of speech against Laura, sorry. But this doesn't calm down my disappointment. I'm going to wonder if Kerry Kane is not just another person. Laura's maybe gone since a long time and Kerry's been replacing her.
I do want explainations about this directly from Nintendo. Could their email system be, y'know... useful?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i'm actually active on the issue since day 1 since i have been keeping up from time to time with Kerri Kane about this considering this is the 3rd time this happens.

For starters , Laura is Rosalina's current voice actress since 3D World , the only exceptions are Smash 4 , Mario Golf DLC and Mario Kart Arcade Gpdx.

Besides those games which use Kerri Kane's voice , all the games after 3D World have Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina.

It's very clear that the voice in MK8 is the same as 3D World , since they are pretty much identical , even tho MK8 Rosalina doesn't use ANY voice clip from 3D world , which i find weird since most characters have at least 1 or 2 voice clip from previous games.

Following that , the voice clips used for : Mario Tennis Ultra Smash , Puzzle and Dragons and M&S at the Rio Olympics are reused from Mario Kart 8 , which automatically means it is Laura Faye Smith.

In the case of Mario Party 10 , while Rosalina has some new lines , she still usesmany sounds from 3D World , which again , automatically means it is Laura Faye Smith.

I recently recived an email from Kerri Kane , telling me about this issue and that since its the 3rd time it happened , she will let me know the outcome once she asks Nintendo since i approched her about it since Mario Party 10.

In less Words :

Nintendo basically pretends they never hired Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina.

EDIT:

Ok for the people that think that i always make a big deal of Rosalina's voice .

Here you go , Rosalina's 3rd place animation in the Rio Olympics:

She says ''Tata'' .

How the hell does that even make sense???? Tata means bye bye basically.

So you place 3rd and say ''bye bye''? This is ridiculous.

As i said before , what i hear doesn't match what i see ; It doesn't even make sense , come on...

Other than that , the animation is totally Rosalina-like so at least i appreciate that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I may look like a joykiller but I hate Miis. And they're taking more and more place in the games... I'd have prefered so much controlling an actual character in Mario Golf: World Tour, I'd have prefered the developers to take less time to make Mii costumes to develop their other version of the game...
I just find them useless and irrelevant. Please nobody tries to make a big speech to prove me the opposite, this is just my opinion and it's true it's mostly based on nothing except personality.
My Mii is just there because you need one, but I've never played with it, and it's not like if I want too.

Anyway, the arcade version got some footage today. Strange how it lacks of characters? They can't make unlockable characters on an arcade version, and they wouldn't dare making DLCs for it... It still means no sight of Rosie in other events.
You hate Miis in general or just in certain games?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
You hate Miis in general or just in certain games?
I find Miis useless in games. In the game menus or something like this, yeah, okay, you need something customizable that represent you. In game, they just steal what actual characters with personality can do. I really don't like them.

Well , i'm actually active on the issue since day 1 since i have been keeping up from time to time with Kerri Kane about this considering this is the 3rd time this happens.

For starters , Laura is Rosalina's current voice actress since 3D World , the only exceptions are Smash 4 , Mario Golf DLC and Mario Kart Arcade Gpdx.

Besides those games which use Kerri Kane's voice , all the games after 3D World have Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina.

It's very clear that the voice in MK8 is the same as 3D World , since they are pretty much identical , even tho MK8 Rosalina doesn't use ANY voice clip from 3D world , which i find weird since most characters have at least 1 or 2 voice clip from previous games.

Following that , the voice clips used for : Mario Tennis Ultra Smash , Puzzle and Dragons and M&S at the Rio Olympics are reused from Mario Kart 8 , which automatically means it is Laura Faye Smith.

In the case of Mario Party 10 , while Rosalina has some new lines , she still usesmany sounds from 3D World , which again , automatically means it is Laura Faye Smith.

I recently recived an email from Kerri Kane , telling me about this issue and that since its the 3rd time it happened , she will let me know the outcome once she asks Nintendo since i approched her about it since Mario Party 10.

In less Words :

Nintendo basically pretends they never hired Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina.

EDIT:

Ok for the people that think that i always make a big deal of Rosalina's voice .

Here you go , Rosalina's 3rd place animation in the Rio Olympics:

She says ''Tata'' .

How the hell does that even make sense???? Tata means bye bye basically.

So you place 3rd and say ''bye bye''? This is ridiculous.

As i said before , what i hear doesn't match what i see ; It doesn't even make sense , come on...

Other than that , the animation is totally Rosalina-like so at least i appreciate that.
Your devotion is appreciated. I hope she's got an animation like in MP10 where she's the "living" representation of disappointment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I find Miis useless in games. In the game menus or something like this, yeah, okay, you need something customizable that represent you. In game, they just steal what actual characters with personality can do. I really don't like them.

Your devotion is appreciated. I hope she's got an animation like in MP10 where she's the "living" representation of disappointment.
What about in Smash?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Urgh... I'm glad there's Chinese version...but the official Chinese title for Pokemon isn't good in my opinion...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What does it say though? I can't read Chinese.
Well... "精靈"(Pronounce "Jin lin")means "fairy", that's the reason why I think it's a terrible translate, mainland China and Hong Kong use this word. But as we all know, NOT EVERY Pokemon ARE FAIRIES( Only the fairy types though...). This will make tons of people think that every Pokemon are fairies...or something... I am fine that they directly translate the word Pokemon into 寶可夢(Pronounce "Bao Ke Mon") but adding "fairy"...
The translation will cause two problems:
=This means many official Pokemon merchandise, store in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China needs to change.
=It will cause confusion among those people who haven't played Pokemon for years, not mention the kids who are fond with Yokai Watch these days.
=Also what I am worrying is that tons of Pokemon Chinese names might change as well. Especially the Gen4,5, and 6 gen Pokemon. I just hope Pikachu's Chinese name can still be 皮卡丘.

Additional note:
Traditional Chinese is on the left, whereas the Simplified is on the right.
I use Traditional Chinese.
Any questions about the difference between Traditional and Simplified Chinese?

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
What about in Smash?
I said it. I find Miis useless in games. Let's add irrelevant too.

Well... "精靈"(Pronounce "Jin lin")means "fairy", that's the reason why I think it's a terrible translate, mainland China and Hong Kong use this word. But as we all know, NOT EVERY Pokemon ARE FAIRIES( Only the fairy types though...). This will make tons of people think that every Pokemon are fairies...or something... I am fine that they directly translate the word Pokemon into 寶可夢(Pronounce "Bao Ke Mon") but adding "fairy"...
=This means many official Pokemon merchandise, store in Taiwan, Hong Kong, China needs to change.
=It will cause confusion among those people who haven't played Pokemon for years, not mention the kids who are fond with Yokai Watch these days.
=Also what I am worrying is that tons of Pokemon Chinese names might change as well. Especially the Gen4,5, and 6 gen Pokemon. I just hope Pikachu's Chinese name can still be 皮卡丘.

Additional note:
This was to be expected I suppose. They'll perhaps just be some times of adaptation for the Chinese public.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Additional note:
Er, not sure I still understand all that mumbo jumbo, but okay.
Miis have always been useless and irrelevant from the very beginning. All they're even good for is getting in the way between me and my favorite characters.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This was to be expected I suppose. They'll perhaps just be some times of adaptation for the Chinese public.
At least three years I suppose.
I was actually concerning what will the Chinese title be before I saw it. Well, speaking of devil, my concern was right...
Er, not sure I still understand all that mumbo jumbo, but okay.
tl;dr
I don't like the translation because of "Fairy"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

What the heck did I just watch?

Aside from Rosalina randomly being a damsel, this is amazing, haha.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not even gonna judge, but I seriously find it weird to hate on something that's barely in every game(mostly just Mario/Wii games but not anywhere else)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Not even gonna judge, but I seriously find it weird to hate on something that's barely in every game(mostly just Mario/Wii games but not anywhere else)
It's the Miis we're talking about here. What more do we need from some useless avatars?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Miis aren't all that bad. Isn't that what Tomodachi's Life made for? Miis, and that is that. I personally think Miis are meant to reflect your real life image, like to create a virtual you. I mean, we can make Miis into characters we like if we wanted. For example, I could make a Rosalina Mii and have her play on story mode in Rio, wouldn't that be a real shocker? I'm okay with people hating Miis, it means they just dislike having customizable avatar... Right? Well, I don't know much about that, but other than that, Miis is a fine addition, as long as they don't replace actual video games character, it's good! I don't even want to imagine a Super Mii Bros...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There are much more characters that are quite better to play as than terrible avatars using terrible outfits that make terrible sounds.

That's my reason to dislike them .

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Miis just exist for the customization department. At least they don't have voice clips in Smash 3DS / Wii U.
I agree for the most part. I actually really liked the Mii Voices (at least Male A) in Mario Kart Wii. I think it is the only game where Miis do not sound like a Shy Guy on Helium. The Male A reminds me of Japanese Sonic for some reason.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tomodachi life is a low tier game that doesn't even allow you to do whatever you want.

If i want something clearly better , i'll go and play the Sims.
Tons of positive reviews=/=low tier game

Just because you don't like a game doesn't mean it's low tier trash like Sonic Boom

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Geez, someone should change the thread title to "Rosalina fans hate everything, even Rosalina".

Seriously.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well you should Killo , since you where the one starting the ''i don't like miis'' thing.

I honestly don't like them either ; That's way better than just agreeing with everything , im being honest. Why would somebody say they like or accept something when they don't?

You know 1 thing that people don't hate? Apple Juice.

I know i don't , maybe we should talk about apple juice from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom