• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I prefer Viridi over Palutena any day.
How about Pandora and Phosphora?
Rosalina is a goddess (if not more) though, especially if you're comparing her to Palutena.

Palutena has been kidnapped like Peach, has been put in canon peril by VEGETABLES, has much clearer limits to her powers, including seemingly requiring her staff to use most of them. She also only watches over a much smaller scale of land than Rosalina does. She is also portrayed as weak in comparison to the other gods and even Pit is capable of defeating her. And she underwent mind control in Uprising.

Rosalina is more independent, hasn't been kidnapped, doesn't require her wand for her abilities and has the power of the cosmos in the palm of her hand (and has a literal cosmos inside of her gown), has outlived multiple universes, has the ability to PERFORM mind control rather than being mind controlled, watches over the entire universe and has been stated as being capable of defeating literally anyone and anything in official bios, clearly touting her as a really powerful figure. Even Bowser feared her and couldn't attack her directly.

Also Rosalina can pull off sass just fine and it's more justified due to how powerful and skilled she is.

I also feel Palutena in Smash ruined the character. Inferior voice actress and bad lines, and battle grunts that sound like sex moans. Far more apparent issues than anything you could grasp at straws to claim for Rosalina.

There is a reason Rosalina was on Nintendo's "Women's History Month" promotion, and not Palutena.
She did make those type of moans/grunts in the Kid Icarus anime, so it's alright.

Also, Rosalina is in a much more popular franchise while Kid Icarus "just" rose from the dead, explaining the "Womens History Month" thing.
Palutena's personality is way better than Rosalina's current incarnation too.

Rosalina , who i don't even recognize anymore , lacks consistency in portrayal and becomes generic to match up with the rest of the Mario Characters.

Palutena remains sassy , serious and she can also be funny ; I Like how she isn't too stoic yet she isn't generic or dumb either , she just doesn't care like when she taunts and does her ''pole dance''.

She is the best.
The pole dance was unexpected

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Preferences aside , it's very clear by comparison that none of Rosalina's voice actresses sound veeery close to each other , even less they are far to being identical. Though , there's more similarities between Kerri and Mercedes than Laura ever does.

In the case of Alli and Brandy is different because Palutena's voice is basically a womanly voice , there's literally no chance to do the role ''wrong'' since they don't really have to make it cartoony etc , as Palutena really sounds like a woman would if she talks normally.

Rosalina did too , Mercedes didn't have to ''act'' as she is literally Rosalina if she speaks normaly , same with Kerri Kane.
They speak as the normally do + filter and there you go, Rosalina instantly-

Laura did too in 3D World , but she ruined her own performance by trying to add a gimmick to Rosalina's voice , which if anybody didn't notice , it's whispering while yelling in the same game , hence why she sounds unconsistent and awful in MK8 , because she whispers sometimes , other times she speaks normally and other times she goes high pitched ; In fact , she barely sounds like she did in 3D World.

Those people who ''didn't notice'' the change are the same people that couldn't care less about the character. I didn't care about Blaze either some time ago , and i never noticed that she is now voiced by Laura Bailey until now, not because it was not noticeable but because i didn't care too much.

Compare the ''Oh yeah Winner'' from MK8 To Rosalina's ''Alright'' in Mario Party 10 ; it sounds like 2 different characters voiced by the same person.

BUT.

There's nothing worse than Pit's whiny voice , which i guess it's ''in-character'' but it's annoying . No hate to Anthony though , but Pit sounds very whiny in Smash.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Preferences aside , it's very clear by comparison that none of Rosalina's voice actresses sound veeery close to each other , even less they are far to being identical. Though , there's more similarities between Kerri and Mercedes than Laura ever does.

In the case of Alli and Brandy is different because Palutena's voice is basically a womanly voice , there's literally no chance to do the role ''wrong'' since they don't really have to make it cartoony etc , as Palutena really sounds like a woman would if she talks normally.

Rosalina did too , Mercedes didn't have to ''act'' as she is literally Rosalina if she speaks normaly , same with Kerri Kane.
They speak as the normally do + filter and there you go, Rosalina instantly-

Laura did too in 3D World , but she ruined her own performance by trying to add a gimmick to Rosalina's voice , which if anybody didn't notice , it's whispering while yelling in the same game , hence why she sounds unconsistent and awful in MK8 , because she whispers sometimes , other times she speaks normally and other times she goes high pitched ; In fact , she barely sounds like she did in 3D World.

Those people who ''didn't notice'' the change are the same people that couldn't care less about the character. I didn't care about Blaze either some time ago , and i never noticed that she is now voiced by Laura Bailey until now, not because it was not noticeable but because i didn't care too much.

Compare the ''Oh yeah Winner'' from MK8 To Rosalina's ''Alright'' in Mario Party 10 ; it sounds like 2 different characters voiced by the same person.

BUT.

There's nothing worse than Pit's whiny voice , which i guess it's ''in-character'' but it's annoying . No hate to Anthony though , but Pit sounds very whiny in Smash.
With the Pit thing, it's all about the script(Uprising was way better script wise, but his voice matches his personality)

RIP Rosalina voice

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also, Rosalina is in a much more popular franchise while Kid Icarus "just" rose from the dead, explaining the "Womens History Month" thing.
Considering they had Bayonetta and Bombette in it, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I've literally had people look at me like I'm crazy when I say Rosalina's had 3 voice actresses. Not to mention I myself struggled to tell who was voicing Rosalina in early, off-TV Smash footage because they sound roughly the same. So nah, they are pretty similar. Like yeah, you can tell the difference when you hear them side by side or when you are a huge fan, but Mercedes and Kerri are hard to distinguish for the average person, and if you give Laura an echo, so is she. They overall sound relatively similar and all of them adapt their voice according to the context of the particular game.

.....HUH?

This is literally bias if ever I've seen it.

Most people would say the opposite of you, in fact, ESPECIALLY people in the voice acting industry.

Most of your complaining about Rosalina's voice actresses (and by extension, "current personality") is extremely nitpicky because you are literally just picking out specific quotes of Laura's, honing in on them, and saying "she doesn't shout just like Mercedes, ruined forever". You are literally picking out one word quotes or random shouts and writing paragraphs about how they are terrible. Not even judging the actress as a whole, you are literally just getting mad at the actress over one or two minor lines. You also specifically ignore Mercedes and Kerri's more plentiful bad lines (ESPECIALLY, Mercedes, so many of her MKWii voice clips sound completely out of character - at least Laura always sounds reasonable enough and like a mature woman, Mercedes has points where she makes Rosalina sound like a whiny five year old).

Yet Palutena's voice actresses, who are voicing full dialogue exchanges with other actors, "don't have room to do any wrong"? That's complete bull****, the more complex the role is, the more room you have to mess it up (like there isn't even a debate about that, it's pure common sense and can be applied to more than just voice acting), and that's what happened with Brandy. She sounds bored and uninterested in what she's doing because she can't seem to keep up the subtle, as well as the obvious, emotions for an extended conversation, unlike Ali who has much more experience with voice acting for long periods of time (she's the voice of FFXIII's Lightning who has a **** ton of dialogue across all of the games she has been in).

Rosalina's and Palutena's actresses aren't really comparable as the nature of their character's roles are different, but it's WAY easier to mess up Palutena's role than Rosalina's. And it shows because I never see people outside of this thread or 4chan (which is pretty negligible) complain about any of Rosalina's voices, while I've been seeing people say Palutena sounds off in Smash since her reveal trailer.

I know there is no point in me saying this but I really just had to say something, that statement made NO sense at all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's not bull♥♥♥ because here's the catch , they indeed SOUND ALMOST IDENTICAL

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Kid-Icarus/Palutena/

That's an upperhand for starters , so they cannot do wrong if either continue to have the role.

What is truly bull♥♥♥ is you literally saying many times that ''Laura sounds almost like Mercedes'' when this is in fact wrong ; Even more , you say that Mercedes sounded high pitched like Laura does , when did that happen?

I don't recall those moments in MKWii ever , neither does anybody.

And Laura still cannot sound like Kerri or Mercedes even with 10000 filters in here voice ; Her voice NATURALLY is like it is , so if it doesn't sound close naturally then THERE'S NO HELPING IT.

Period.

The case it's not the same with Palutena as both actresses do indeed resemble each other greatly , no matter the lines. And that's why Brandy was the choice to cover up Ally , aside of them being friends.

Stop pretending that they did Rosalina like they did with Peach , actually caring about a person that sounds overall indentical , because in neither of the cases for Rosalina they did , with Kerri actually showcasing more as a ''sound alike'' replacement than Laura does , in fact , Laura ''was suppoused'' to sound like Kerri if we go by the logic of replacements ,but it's very clear they failed on that too, because they don't sound the same.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering they had Bayonetta and Bombette in it, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I've literally had people look at me like I'm crazy when I say Rosalina's had 3 voice actresses. Not to mention I myself struggled to tell who was voicing Rosalina in early, off-TV Smash footage because they sound roughly the same. So nah, they are pretty similar. Like yeah, you can tell the difference when you hear them side by side or when you are a huge fan, but Mercedes and Kerri are hard to distinguish for the average person, and if you give Laura an echo, so is she. They overall sound relatively similar and all of them adapt their voice according to the context of the particular game.

.....HUH?

This is literally bias if ever I've seen it.

Most people would say the opposite of you, in fact, ESPECIALLY people in the voice acting industry.

Most of your complaining about Rosalina's voice actresses (and by extension, "current personality") is extremely nitpicky because you are literally just picking out specific quotes of Laura's, honing in on them, and saying "she doesn't shout just like Mercedes, ruined forever". You are literally picking out one word quotes or random shouts and writing paragraphs about how they are terrible. Not even judging the actress as a whole, you are literally just getting mad at the actress over one or two minor lines. You also specifically ignore Mercedes and Kerri's more plentiful bad lines (ESPECIALLY, Mercedes, so many of her MKWii voice clips sound completely out of character - at least Laura always sounds reasonable enough and like a mature woman, Mercedes has points where she makes Rosalina sound like a whiny five year old).

Yet Palutena's voice actresses, who are voicing full dialogue exchanges with other actors, "don't have room to do any wrong"? That's complete bull****, the more complex the role is, the more room you have to mess it up (like there isn't even a debate about that, it's pure common sense and can be applied to more than just voice acting), and that's what happened with Brandy. She sounds bored and uninterested in what she's doing because she can't seem to keep up the subtle, as well as the obvious, emotions for an extended conversation, unlike Ali who has much more experience with voice acting for long periods of time (she's the voice of FFXIII's Lightning who has a **** ton of dialogue across all of the games she has been in).

Rosalina's and Palutena's actresses aren't really comparable as the nature of their character's roles are different, but it's WAY easier to mess up Palutena's role than Rosalina's. And it shows because I never see people outside of this thread or 4chan (which is pretty negligible) complain about any of Rosalina's voices, while I've been seeing people say Palutena sounds off in Smash since her reveal trailer.

I know there is no point in me saying this but I really just had to say something, that statement made NO sense at all.
Bayonetta is popular, and bombette...she's the bomb?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bayonetta is popular, and bombette...she's the bomb?
Bayonetta isn't that popular, she's still very niche. Her games sold terribly both times.

It's not bull♥♥♥ because here's the catch , they indeed SOUND ALMOST IDENTICAL
And here is where you show you have no place talking voice acting, since you don't seem to understand the definition of the term.

I already flat out said that Ali and Brandy have similar voices, what isn't similar is their acting, Brandy being noticeably inferior.

What is truly bull♥♥♥ is you literally saying many times that ''Laura sounds almost like Mercedes'' when this is in fact wrong ; Even more , you say that Mercedes sounded high pitched like Laura does , when did that happen?
Except I never said they sound exactly the same. Thanks for not reading properly. I said they "sound relatively similar", multiple times. Those were my exact words.

Mercedes has multiple examples of sounding even higher pitched than Laura ever has:

-Very first voice clip in Galaxy - a really high pitched "oooooooo...." moan
-"Go Luigi!" in Galaxy
-Literally half of her lines in MKWii, not even going to specifically list them because there are so many. It's mostly damage (way too over the top for a nonchalant character, btw) quotes, win quotes, and trick quotes, though.

And Laura still cannot sound like Kerri or Mercedes even with 10000 filters in here voice ; Her voice NATURALLY is like it is , so if it doesn't sound close naturally then THERE'S NO HELPING IT.
Except it does, and many people think so. She has the same sort of sound - more mature voice than Peach and Daisy that sometimes sounds more high pitched when excited, but still more reserved than other characters. It's fairly similar to the comparison between Ali and Brandy.

Stop pretending that they did Rosalina like they did with Peach , actually caring about a person that sounds overall indentical , because in neither of the cases for Rosalina they did , with Kerri actually showcasing more as a ''sound alike'' replacement than Laura does , in fact , Laura ''was suppoused'' to sound like Kerri if we go by the logic of replacements ,but it's very clear they failed on that too, because they don't sound the same.
I'll "stop pretending" that when you stop constantly nitpicking and raging over one liners from a voice actress that sounds relatively similar and not necessarily any better or worse than her predecessors.

At this rate though, that will be the day when pink elephants with blue spots fly.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I hear the name Bombette, I think of this character...

Last I've checked, Paper Mario never implemented any voice acting.

Anyway, Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle and ChikoLad ChikoLad , can we please end the voice acting arguments now?! I'm getting quite tired of you two arguing about this matter whenever it gets brought up.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And here is where you show you have no place talking voice acting, since you don't seem to understand the definition of the term.

I already flat out said that Ali and Brandy have similar voices, what isn't similar is their acting, Brandy being noticeably inferior.
Except it is not. Brandy sounds just fine delivering her lines correctly in the Palutena Guidance bits , just as much as Ali did in her Kid icarus Appearence.

When comparing to Rosalina , ''experience'' it's clearly a term that doesn't guarantee that the role will be better in the hands of certain actors.

Look at Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith. Kerri's perfomanceis overall Superior to Laura any day of the year for ages to come ; Kerri stayed true to the character , Laura certainly did not ; And then Laura has way more experience in acting than Kerri does as she even appears on TV.

So have a seat on that one, the most experienced one is the one that doesn't fully fit Rosalina.

Except I never said they sound exactly the same. Thanks for not reading properly. I said they "sound relatively similar", multiple times. Those were my exact words.

Mercedes has multiple examples of sounding even higher pitched than Laura ever has:

-"Go Luigi!" in Galaxy
-Literally half of her lines in MKWii, not even going to specifically list them because there are so many. It's mostly damage (way too over the top for a nonchalant character, btw) quotes, win quotes, and trick quotes, though.
i never said you did JUST NOW, but you know damn well that you have said that multiple times in our talks , so don't go backtracking now , it's useless.

Hurt sounds were everybody moans like they should right?

Then you are being a Hypocrite , since according to you , when Laura goes high pitched and all weee in MK8 it's because she ''is racing'' and ''its her giving emotion''

but when Mercedes , clearly delivers the RIGTH sounds for when Rosalina gets hurt , she goes high pitched in a bad way?

Lol GTFO

Except it does, and many people think so. She has the same sort of sound - more mature voice than Peach and Daisy that sometimes sounds more high pitched when excited, but still more reserved than other characters. It's fairly similar to the comparison between Ali and Brandy.
Except it doesn't , i have proved this waaay too many times , and there's no turning back.

The clips speak , the rest it's irrelevant.
I'll "stop pretending" that when you stop constantly nitpicking and raging over one liners from a voice actress that sounds relatively similar and not necessarily any better or worse than her predecessors.

At this rate though, that will be the day when pink elephants with blue spots fly.
Except they don't sound close at all , but you would know , you never figured out that Kerri Was in Smash and thought it was Laura , so of course nobody would trust you on that one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Whenever I hear the name Bombette, I think of this character...

Last I've checked, Paper Mario never implemented any voice acting.

Anyway, Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle and ChikoLad ChikoLad , can we please end the voice acting arguments now?! I'm getting quite tired of you two arguing about this matter whenever it gets brought up.
That's actually the character I was referring to.

I don't know any other characters named Bombette.

And granted, I'm not going to continue the argument (I know at this point Swiftie is dead set on hating "Modern Rosalina" and Laura so I'm not trying to change that, I was just calling out specifically bad points), but I don't like how you seem opposed to any sort of discussion or debate in this thread either. It's supposed to be the point of a forum.

Like yeah, if things get too heated, it should stop, but you ask us to stop whenever we have ANY sort of debate, and it's really unfair. This is the only thread this happens in too.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
it's funny since i was dropping it way before Mario And Sonic Guy appeared, if you check the page back.

and now that he is here , you get quiet in a second.

Just because you pretend your argument has force , doesn't mean it's right.

That's it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm only doing my job, and frankly, these kinds of topics can end up alienating users from wanting to come here, or any part of Rosalina's sub-forum.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
i never said you did JUST NOW, but you know damn well that you have said that multiple times in our talks , so don't go backtracking now , it's useless.
"I TOTALLY DON'T HAVE ANY PROOF YOU SAID THIS AND I TOTALLY DIDN'T MEAN JUST NOW, BUT YOU'VE DEFINITELY SAID IT BEFORE BECAUSE I SAID SO"

That is LITERALLY what you just said to me, seriously.

lol and I'm the one who needs to "have a seat".

You did this exact thing right before I was banned from this thread too. Expecting people to believe without an iota of proof.

That's literally all I need to see, you've lost all credibility.

Have fun hating on a character/actress for the nitpickiest of reasons and making this thread as unfun and negative as possible.

I'll only drop by for the news from now on because trying to have a good, wholesome discussion in this thread nowadays is harder than teaching a crippled person to walk.

it's funny since i was dropping it way before Mario And Sonic Guy appeared, if you check the page back.

and now that he is here , you get quiet in a second.

Just because you pretend your argument has force , doesn't mean it's right.

That's it.
Actually I've been fairly vocal about my problems with how the Rosalina boards are run (ask M&SG yourself) and I'm not the only one who thinks it's silly. It's you who is silenced when a mod shows up, because you have no back bone and need other people to have confidence in anything you say.

I'm only doing my job, and frankly, these kinds of topics can end up alienating users from wanting to come here, or any part of Rosalina's sub-forum.
I don't think it's "doing your job" when you are the only mod who is so against any kind of discussion.

Like there is a reason the Rosalina boards have become so dead compared to the past.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayonetta isn't that popular, she's still very niche. Her games sold terribly both times.

-"Go Luigi!" in Galaxy

Uprising didn't sell well compared to other 3DS games, and it's stipple popular

Platinum Games products never sell well anyways, but they're still popular(Bayonetta 2 did get a game of the year nomination)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
My problem was that , after you posted , i posted my view of the situation without engaging discussions , hence i didn't quote Sonicbrawler.

But there he goes , making it about himself again , and again and again.

I do admit i have certain way of speech in my post , that may or may not be good for some people , then again at this rate i know that this discussions don't end in something good.

As i said, We will NEVER agree , and that's ok since there are people who don't agree with each other in many occasions.

But then , it goes again and again , trying to have something to say to me , again and again.

That's my whole issue , he can't let it go and if you try to let go , he calls what you say bull**** .

No wonder that what happened , happened.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
One thing I never knew about Super Mario Galaxy 2.. PIANTAS?

If this is true, I hope Nintendo will start making a sequel for Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine! The reason why is because I want Rosalina to have a Sunshine dress! I have an idea of what the ideal game would be called, "Super Mario Sunshine Galaxy!" Here is what I think of Rosalina wearing for the "I wish was real" game:

*Note that all I used was paint, and not photoshop.*

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One thing I never knew about Super Mario Galaxy 2.. PIANTAS?

If this is true, I hope Nintendo will start making a sequel for Super Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine! The reason why is because I want Rosalina to have a Sunshine dress! I have an idea of what the ideal game would be called, "Super Mario Sunshine Galaxy!" Here is what I think of Rosalina wearing for the "I wish was real" game:

*Note that all I used was paint, and not photoshop.*
I tend to think that Rosalina would wear a shorter dress if she visits a place like Isle Delfino.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm just going to post this here and I won't be here anymore unless it's for news or something.

Would have had it posted earlier but my internet is getting screwy.

I'm allowed to call out misinformation and unsubstantiated points when I see them. That's sort of what forums are about - discussion.

I don't see how I am making it about myself - I'm calling out your points, after all. It's you that makes it about me, by trying to insult me or trying to say I said something "a long time ago" without proving it at all. Even if you could (and you can't) prove I said these things, that would still be a case of you unnecessarily digging up stuff from the past and making it about me.

You complain about me not being able to let go, but it's you that constantly complains about the same things, being negative about everything. Fair enough if it's your opinion, but you never back it up, and you act as if anyone who disagrees is less intelligent than you (I have proven multiple times that, for example, Mercedes and Kerri have had bad, sometimes worse, voice clips than Laura, yet you still just blow these points off. I've also watched you do it to others, on this and many other subjects), often resorting to posting some pretentious "sassy girl gif" in retaliation.

And lastly, you say you "try to let go", but the problem is at the tail end of any discussion, whenever people are simmering down or trying to end it, you ALWAYS make an obnoxious insult, or blurt out some absurd piece of misinformation. Like, every time. It's hard for people to just end things there when you do that. Personally, I'm the sort of person who can and will call out bull**** when he sees it, and it just so happens that you often like to blurt out some kind of bull**** like that, just when I think things are done.

If you really wanted to let things go, you wouldn't blurt things out like that, you would just move on to posting about something else or wait for someone else to bring something else up. But you don't, you always have to have the last word, and more often than not, the last word from you is a blatant insult.

You are part of the reason this thread has been so dead, you cause so much negativity and alienate people with your attitude. This is supposed to be a Rosalina Social, a thread where fans of the character can convene and spread their love of the character, and just hang out - yet the MAJORITY of the time, this thread is just you whining about some obnoxiously small detail as if it ruins the character, people call you out, and then you can't handle it or come up with a good response OR admit you are mistaken (on either what makes Rosalina what she is, or on the specific nitpick you have), rinse and repeat. You're not the only issue with this thread, but yes, you cause a lot of trouble here, and you're the very reason why myself AND other people, don't come here that often anymore. Especially since you've been getting more and more noticeably aggressive over how much you hate the current Rosalina/Laura Faye Smith, and when you constantly go on and on about it.

That is all am going to say, just laying down all of the facts right here. Don't even bother responding, definitely don't quote me or tag me, I won't be posting here anymore, not until I see a change with this thread. It's just not a fun place to be anymore and you are a part of why myself, and others, don't post here anymore.

There are reasons for why this thread has become so dead in the last few months. It's one of the least approachable Social threads, and having a small bunch of users who A) don't even seem to fully understand what they are talking about in relation to their own character, and B) are INCREASINGLY negative and aggressive, no matter what Nintendo does with the character (and they REALLY haven't deviated much from how she was in Galaxy at all, seriously, she is FAR from a de-railed character), is a large part of why. Character Social threads don't need to involve constant talk about the character they represent, they don't even need any, but generally, a positive attitude towards said character goes a long way, and in the two weeks I have been banned from this thread recently, there has been barely ANY positive vibes towards Rosalina at all (and it goes back even further than that). It would be fine if there were some real legitimate things to criticise, but most of it was either nitpicky or not even relevant to current events with the character, come from out of nowhere.

It says a lot that this place used to be very bustling, but nowadays, it's lucky to make a full page in a week, despite the fact that Rosalina, as a character, has been getting more and more exposure, positive representation, and fans, both in and out of Smash, more so than in the past. And it's not like the posts made in said week are long, detailed, or insightful, it's literally just complaining about stupid little things regarding the character. And you start most of it, maybe with one or two people trying to call you out, but to no avail because you get so stubborn.

Take this as me being mean or whatever you want, but I'm just trying to lay down the truth and hopefully see some improvement around here. I don't expect much, but I hope at least someone reads this and takes something from it.

I apologise this post is so long, it sort of developed into a post more about the thread in general than any specific person, but it needs to be said. Once again, I know for a fact I'm not the only one who thinks this as outsiders trying to get into the thread have said it to me too.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I tend to think that Rosalina would wear a shorter dress if she visits a place like Isle Delfino.

Really? Even shorter than Peach's? I thought you didn't like Rosalina to wear revealing clothes, how ironic! Your idea is nice, I like it, but the depicted dress you showed us seems a little more casual. It would make sense for her dress to relate to Peach.
She'd wear a bracelet while having her normal gown structure but without sleeves. She could also have the collar for the neckline and cover her collarbones. It'll be similiar to Peach's, except being in her own uniqueness.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So basically her tennis dress with heels
The collar would be lacking though.

Really? Even short than Peach's? I thought you didn't like Rosalina to wear revealing clothes, how ironic! Your idea is nice, I like it, but the depicted dress you showed us seems a little more casual. It would make sense for her dress to relate to Peach.
She'd wear a bracelet while having her normal gown structure but without sleeves. She could also have the collar for the neckline and cover her collarbones. It'll be similiar to Peach's, except being in her own uniqueness.
Rosalina's body would still be covered by the shorter dress. I guess my definition of revealing is different then.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If she has a hot springs, a ****ton of food, and doesn't mind being seen nude in front of him(like Palutena didn't care in the anime shorts), then Pit would most likely prefer working for her(but still live with Palutena because she's free 24/7...unless gods have to buy things to)
In the anime short she didn't really seen nude... it's a kids show afterall.
And let's not forget he has to take care all of those Lumas.
Honestly, I prefer Viridi over Palutena any day.
I hope that she was in Smash as well...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In the anime short she didn't really seen nude... it's a kids show afterall.
And let's not forget he has to take care all of those Lumas.

I hope that she was in Smash as well...
Wee she was still naked; Palutena isn't that stupid to wear clothes in a hot spring...right?

Also, Viridi technically is in Smash

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wee she was still naked; Palutena isn't that stupid to wear clothes in a hot spring...right?

Also, Viridi technically is in Smash
And it made me wonder how did she get her cloths on that fast when she try to chase down the carrots.

If I ignore the reasonable stuff and Sakurai logic, I actually prefer Viridi to be playable in Smash than Palutena.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And it made me wonder how did she get her cloths on that fast when she try to chase down the carrots.

If I ignore the reasonable stuff and Sakurai logic, I actually prefer Viridi to be playable in Smash than Palutena.
Palutena's a god, she can pretty much do alot of things that doesn't involve smarts.

Viridi as a playable character would be cool

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
There's also the fact that Palutena's offense (even under default conditions) is rather poor. Palutena often has to resort to a turtle playstyle, while Rosalina can be much more diverse with her offense.
In a vanilla tournament settings, that is. I think that Paletuna's main gimmick in her moveset is that she has 12 unique custom moves, something that can be only boasted by the Mii Fighters and technically Megaman. Even then, she has all from the start, which shows this. Lightweight in particular makes her jump up a couple dozen slots. Then again, Luma Warp also exists, so what do I know?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Palutena's a god, she can pretty much do alot of things that doesn't involve smarts.

Viridi as a playable character would be cool
Goddess to be exact.
And I recently saw Mii v Mii video, man, TJ rarely chooses Rosalina. And she won the match pretty easily.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Goddess to be exact.
And I recently saw Mii v Mii video, man, TJ rarely chooses Rosalina. And she won the match pretty easily.
I don't want to be exact...that's why I watch wrestling(which has nothing to do with Palutena)

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I forgot to post this here at the time. Made this in celebration to placing fourth at my last regional:
My lovely mains.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
For some reason I forgot to post this here at the time. Made this in celebration to placing fourth at my last regional:
My lovely mains.
This si lovely! And congrats for your tourney.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much guys! It hasn't been super long since my Rosa jumped from noobslayer/friendlies character to a serious main along with my Kirby/Villager and I absolutely love her more as I learn to use her better! So much strategy and a beautiful mixup game, she has the one thing I absolutely love in a character and that is the surprise factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom