• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most disappointing games?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Don't use it then. I didn't use it in OR/AS and I beat the elite 4 with just my blaziken and a recently caught kyogre
That's how I ran the original Ruby in 6 and a half hours. Also, one of the things I didn't like in ORAS is that in the original, the enemy team didn't state where they were going multiple times before leaving. While that made it a bit clearer at some parts, it also meant I didn't explore (or couldn't explore, like Granite Cave) as much as I did in the original, which made it feel more linear. Also, I was disappointed by the Safari Zone as it wasn't as much a Safari Zone as it was just another place to train and catch your Pokemon.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
X and Y's Exp. Share killed anything that resembled difficulty.

Also, lol at the people pointing out Booster's (rather stupid) title name. He's been gone for a while now.
Yeah... I should probably change the title right now. lol

16BitGeek

Smash Rookie
NNID
16BitGeek
Yoshi's New Island. When I first saw this game on a Nintendo Direct I was definitely on the fence about buying it. I'll be honest, the main reason I wasn't sure about it was that the game wasn't visually appealing at all. The original had this amazing charm with its visual style and this new title tried to have it's own thing going, but personally I just wasn't a big fan of it. But once the game came out, I decided to give it a shot and hoped that it would be as good as the SNES classic. Boy was I wrong. The game lacked personality. The levels were dull and boring. The game failed to add anything really new. I just could not get into the game. It was just flat out boring and I ended up selling the game within a week.

An honorable mention would have to be Paper Mario Sticker Star. Though I liked it, it was not what I was expecting and totally changed the classic Paper Mario gameplay. I know a lot of people didn't really like the game but I'd definitely say I had fun with it. I was just disappointed that it wasn't the Paper Mario that I wanted.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Yoshi's New Island. When I first saw this game on a Nintendo Direct I was definitely on the fence about buying it. I'll be honest, the main reason I wasn't sure about it was that the game wasn't visually appealing at all. The original had this amazing charm with its visual style and this new title tried to have it's own thing going, but personally I just wasn't a big fan of it. But once the game came out, I decided to give it a shot and hoped that it would be as good as the SNES classic. Boy was I wrong. The game lacked personality. The levels were dull and boring. The game failed to add anything really new. I just could not get into the game. It was just flat out boring and I ended up selling the game within a week.
Not to mention the game holds your hand half of the time.

Yoshi's New Island definitely wasn't a good game & along with Smash 4, it's my most disappointing game of 2014.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Yoshi's New Island definitely wasn't a good game & along with Smash 4, it's my most disappointing game of 2014.
Sm4sh isn't a bad game, the fact is that anything less than Melee 2.0 won't stand up to the hype a new Smash game brings (and even then, the Brawl community will be peeved.)

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Sm4sh isn't a bad game, the fact is that anything less than Melee 2.0 won't stand up to the hype a new Smash game brings (and even then, the Brawl community will be peeved.)
The saying goes "To each their own".

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The saying goes "To each their own".
I suppose, but from a technical and content-oriented standpoint, it's a great game. Everyone does have their own opinion though, so I guess I shouldn't be telling people what to think. My apologies for shoving my opinion of a game onto you, Heroine of Winds.

finalark

SNORLAX
People who want Melee 2 need to stop getting so hyped up about every new Smash game that comes out. Let's be honest, everything that made Melee competitive was an accident.

Twewy

Smash Lord
People who want Melee 2 need to stop getting so hyped up about every new Smash game that comes out. Let's be honest, everything that made Melee competitive was an accident.
Playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines right now. If my Malkvaian can't wavedash and L-cancel, I'm going to be SO disappointed.

On a more serious note, I found VVVVV to be a bit disappointing when I first bought it around 4 or so years ago. I heard so many good things about it, and it was pretty cheap. Fun little game for a while, but it got boring with me fast.

Last edited:

M4TT

Smash Cadet
for me its destiny.

I played that for 30 minutes at a friends place and instantly lost all desire to buy the game. I think I overhyped the game to be something that it wasnt. Also the master chief collection is a broken game in its current state, and resembles a game in beta mode.

ThatNintendoDude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATNINTEND0DUDE
3DS FC
3437-3553-0356
New to the boards / thread. Has Paper Mario Sticker Star been discussed?

Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite games of all time and such a good RPG all around. Super Paper Mario was a good game, but not what I really wanted. So when I heard Sticker Star would be going back to the series' turn-based roots, I was pumped. When I finally played it, though...it just made me want to play 64 or Thousand Year Door again.

The main gameplay mechanic (stickers) actually DISCOURAGES you from battling, since the stickers are disposable. All you have to do is save your biggest and baddest stickers for the bosses (which are required), and you can win.

Top Bottom