• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Montage's New Brawl Videos! Check them out, and don't forget to subscribe!

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you guys are pretty dang good for only playing like 2 or so days! Really these are great videos and I would like to see more... Maybe some luigi?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't have any Luigi or DK, but here's some notes:

You have to play DK 20 times to unlock a stage. My crew and I would rather kill ourselves than play him. He's not bad, in fact, he's better. But DK is lame as hell. (By kill ourselves, I meant one stock suicide)

Luigi is faster, stronger, more able to combo, and his >b can be held forever.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also people on Shoryuken.com were impressed wtih these vids. Best ones they have seen they all agreed. But one of them had a question. So, here it is.

Are you guys playing on a handicap because your fights are much shorter and you are killing peoplemuch sooner then in other matches on the internet.

I personally told them that it's just cuz you guys play smart, and abuse the high knockbacks moves to get kills, but please give me confirmation of this ok?
lol, we didn't change the handicaps at all. Reminds me of the people that would ask if us smashers were playing in lighting melee.

We'll be recording some more tomorrow night with amazing special TSA guest: Teh Spamerer!! Hopefully he'll be able to abuse stuff even more than us in the game. "I'm so sure he will"

Proven

Smash Apprentice
I don't have any Luigi or DK, but here's some notes:

You have to play DK 20 times to unlock a stage. My crew and I would rather kill ourselves than play him. He's not bad, in fact, he's better. But DK is lame as hell. (By kill ourselves, I meant one stock suicide)

Luigi is faster, stronger, more able to combo, and his >b can be held forever.
I still have to wonder, why do people feel this way about DK? What makes him so, "lame as hell"?

Near

Smash Cadet
By the way, I'm maining Pit/Lucas, so expect a lot of Lucas.
Darn straight, the two characters I'm most looking forward to.

Anyways, please DO upload a crapton of Lucas videos.
Preferably, try using his Bair and PK Freeze effectively, I'm really interested in them.
By the way, what is the final judgment on DJC for Lucas?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
So are you saying there's no chance in hell that you would record a 1 on 1 match of one of you guys playing Donkey Kong? Seriously, is it that bad? I mean, it's not that hard to play a character once or twice that you don't like... All the Donkey Kong fans, myself included, have been very anxious to see more of him in action. If you could just record a match or two with him, that would be all that I desire.

And honestly, I also wonder, why does everyone think Donkey Kong is lame as hell? He actually happens to be my favorite Nintendo character. It's also funny to me how so many people like Diddy Kong, but hate Donkey Kong... They're not so different if you think about it. They're primates with one or two pieces of clothes on...you either love them, or you hate them. I'm actually glad that Donkey Kong is my favorite character, because otherwise, I would probably be like all those other players who will only use Marth or Fox (though, Fox is my second favorite =D).

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I know, I know...but I'm just saying, what makes him so much lamer than the other characters? Mario is a plumber that jumps... Fox is...a fox...that wears clothes and has a gun. I mean seriously... If you really think about it, most characters are lame in their own weird sort of way. I just don't get what makes Donkey Kong so much more lame than the other characters.

By the way, thanks. I appreciate it. Like I said, one or two videos is good (two preferably =D). I really think a Bowser V.S. Donkey Kong match on Final Destination (or Battlefield...or both, ha) would be pretty cool to watch, but one of the main reasons I want to see more Donkey Kong footage is because I want to see and hear his new victory pose/music. Thanks again.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
Nice 2v2's. I liked the ending to the marth+ike vs diddy+lucario one.

You should get something with IC's up. I don't think I've seen matches with them in it yet...

TheLetterJ

Smash Cadet
How do pits arrows work? How do you change the way they go? How long can you charge it for? Also(sorry for so many questions) The longer you hold the arrow the more damage it does?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I may put up like 2 more vids but that'll be it until we record again tomorrow.

Yes MY SONIC SUCKS BALLLLLZZZZ!!11

Or perhaps Dm's Lucas is just too good? It think its both.

First time playing Sonic. If anyone thinks their Sonic is all that then lets mm your Sonic vs my Falco. Besides that I'll be sure to attempt your requests Emblem Lord.

Either way we're getting a rematch on that one for sure.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
How do pits arrows work? How do you change the way they go? How long can you charge it for? Also(sorry for so many questions) The longer you hold the arrow the more damage it does?
You have to aim them. It's actually kinda hard at get at first, but you'll get used to it. You can hold it for about 2-3 seconds.

And yes.

dmbrandon

Smash Master

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
ya, I already talked to dmbrandon about it, he said he had a match or two he would upload tomorrow.

also, I thought we were going to keep DDD's bad-*** factor on the down-low ;)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't mean to be pushy or anything, but do you think you will have any videos of him up tonight?
One match, yes. I played it just for you, so you better watch it twenty times. >_<

Can I request a match of two of Dedede?

Especially because you guys say hes really good, I want to see why/how :)
Space's (Turbo Ether) dedede will have like 8or 9 matches up by tomorrow.

What is your overall opinion of Brawl so far?
40/40

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I loved the Fox vs Wolf vid.

BUT WHAT THE? YOU SAID HOMERUN IN THE UPDATE. I WAS EXPECTING NESS!!

EDIT: wait, Lucas? Dedede? Oh boy, I forgive you for misleading my simple mind.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Things about the Link vs. Toon vid.

First, I know bombs got boosted, but boomerangs got nerfed. At the same time, arrows got boosted. Boomerang may still be the only thing that can be aimed up, but I foresee Link and Toon players to use their arrows more often and accurately, to as much as bombs used to be used. You did use arrows a lot in this vid, but I feel you may have used bombs too much.

Second, both of you forgot about Link's idle standing shield and how well it can block arrows.

Third, people will really need to learn how to use the Gale Boomerang. I remember seeing a vid where someone got caught in it and was coming back, and Link player saw this and charged up a spin attack, getting a KO.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I loved the Fox vs Wolf vid.

BUT WHAT THE? YOU SAID HOMERUN IN THE UPDATE. I WAS EXPECTING NESS!!

EDIT: wait, Lucas? Dedede? Oh boy, I forgive you for misleading my simple mind.
It'll be up soon! :D

Things about the Link vs. Toon vid.

First, I know bombs got boosted, but boomerangs got nerfed. At the same time, arrows got boosted. Boomerang may still be the only thing that can be aimed up, but I foresee Link and Toon players to use their arrows more often and accurately, to as much as bombs used to be used. You did use arrows a lot in this vid, but I feel you may have used bombs too much.

Second, both of you forgot about Link's idle standing shield and how well it can block arrows.

Third, people will really need to learn how to use the Gale Boomerang. I remember seeing a vid where someone got caught in it and was coming back, and Link player saw this and charged up a spin attack, getting a KO.
If you get caught in it, you can attack, or airdodge. It's not a huge fear. lol

We didn't forget about anything, it's about dodge, and applying pressure, not waiting around. ^_~

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
And yeah, I see what you mean about Toon Link. He seems very "safe" and fast. However, I would have expected to see more use of the Forward Smash.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
In the vid, when arrow came, the guy blocked it, with the bubble shield. If they were jumping over it to do another attack, sure, but instead they blocked it by pressing L or R at many different points when they could have easily just let go of the stick if they couldn't get out of the way.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
In the vid, when arrow came, the guy blocked it, with the bubble shield. If they were jumping over it to do another attack, sure, but instead they blocked it by pressing L or R at many different points when they could have easily just let go of the stick if they couldn't get out of the way.
L2 spreken de englaz

Top Bottom