• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Monster Hunter Discussion - any installment

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Can't believe I just found this thread.
Anyone still play MHFU? I also have Tri, but i really didnt get into it :/

Im a noob though...
Just killed my first Kushala Daora today :D so im pretty proud of myself

EDIT: just became HR 3 and killed 2 kirin...

also got MHP3rd :D

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Does anyone mind giving me a little advice?

I beat all the village elder quests yesterday and I've started Nekoht's quests. However, I'm getting a bunch of new rewards with a + on them...

What is a generally good armor set for post - village elder quests???

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
It all depends on what perks you think are best for the way you play. A considerable number of + armors will get you ready for all kinds of tough stuff (also assuming you're good at anticipating attacks and stuff) so the biggest factors (at least for me) was 1. What perks will enhance my play style, and 2. What looks most boss

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just started this game yesterday.
I killed the great Jaggi tonight. **** was hard.

What controller do ya'll recommend? I'm currently using wiimote-nunchuck, but I have a standard classic controller, and I'm thinking about just getting one of the newer classic plus controllers or whatever they're called.

I need a break down of the controller types and their strengths. A link to a good site or vid would suffice.

Anyone interested in playing online with a noob and showing me the ropes a bit?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh gosh I had no idea there was a thread for this.
I'm more of a fan of the PSP versions then I am of Tri though. All that swimming nonsense left a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't have Wifi to play either any of them, unfortunately.
-DD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'm honestly too lazy to de-Tri~ the OP but yeah, please talk about the PSP version too.

I never played those iterations but I would think the controls would get cramped. True?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly too lazy to de-Tri~ the OP but yeah, please talk about the PSP version too.

I never played those iterations but I would think the controls would get cramped. True?
No. You would find yourself out of place for, like, the first two hunting quests. Then you perfectly adapt to the controls. They are easy to learn.
This is coming from someone who played Tri as their first(i played MH1 too back then, but i don't remember much about me playing it).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got like 20 hours in already. I've killed that Great Jaggi like 15 times now. I drop him without taking a hit most of the time when I see him.
I took down the qurupeco (sp?) a few times now.
Dropped the Royal Ludroth twice. He's a beast, but I'm getting better at him.
Getting ready for Barrioth (sp?) next.

I'm mostly using the lance, but I enjoy sword'n'board too. I've tried the other weapon types a little but this game is COMPLICATED so I'm trying to master a few weapon types rather than learn them all.

I've got a full jaggi set gemmed with attack and the spiral lance.
Any hints on what to focus on from here?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoutout to Turazrok for playing online with me for several hours today. Got me up to HR 8. We took down like 7 qurupecos and probably 5 royal ludroths. I got a couple of armor sets completed too.

We'd like to get a swf crew together to play from time to time. Anyone else want to join us?

If you don't have the game already, we'll show you the ropes. I just saw the game for $9.50 at Best buy, and that wasn't a black friday sale or anything.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
haha, **** $10 non-black friday?

check out the list I have at the bottom of the OP. I know it's old and most probably have outgrown the game by now but it's worth a try.

admittedly, I don't play much anymore either :/ dat Skyrim :x

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Shoutout to Turazrok for playing online with me for several hours today. Got me up to HR 8. We took down like 7 qurupecos and probably 5 royal ludroths. I got a couple of armor sets completed too.

We'd like to get a swf crew together to play from time to time. Anyone else want to join us?

If you don't have the game already, we'll show you the ropes. I just saw the game for $9.50 at Best buy, and that wasn't a black friday sale or anything.
I'd be down to play sometime, I'm 110~ HR on one character and I have a lower level around 25~ or something. I'll post my friend code later, though it should be buried somewhere in this thread.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm only HR 10 online. But I'd appreciate people to play with and could use tips on improvement.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I switched to lance because of the removal of DS. But hammerstun op

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
Id join in the multiplayer fun (WAS HR39) but my Wii bricked a week or so ago (sadly the day that i got Skyward Sword T-T) soon as i get it back though ill definately hop on and play some more

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
Im currently playing both Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Freedom Unite... Id be playing them online, except for 2 problems, i dont hae a PS3 so no Ad Hoc... and for some stupid reason XLink Kai HATES my comp... im upgrading my semi crappy desktop slowly so hopefully ill be able to run XLink soon... but that probably wont be for awhile

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Im currently playing both Monster Hunter Portable 3rd and Freedom Unite... Id be playing them online, except for 2 problems, i dont hae a PS3 so no Ad Hoc... and for some stupid reason XLink Kai HATES my comp... im upgrading my semi crappy desktop slowly so hopefully ill be able to run XLink soon... but that probably wont be for awhile
let me know when you do...
ill play both of those with you

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
damn, that does look awesome.

also, are there any mods subscribed or anything that would like to take control of this thread from me? I ask only because it seems to have been revived as of late and probably deserves some cleaning up of the OP that I'm too lazy for. Take it whenever if it's a "yes"

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
it is pretty fun... wat sux is theres no one near me that has it... so no multiplayer for me T-T

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
My gf got freedom unite, looks fun as hell.
Currently playing it.
I've played the original MHF and didnt really like it.
Unite is really good at bringing in new players from what i've seen

it is pretty fun... wat sux is theres no one near me that has it... so no multiplayer for me T-T
That's not necessarily a bad thing. My cousin has it and ive tried questing with him, but he makes killing monsters almost impossible :urg: He dies so fast and basically contributes nothing, but distracting the monster >.>

I felt bad that he hadn't killed a rathalos after like 80 hours of playing so i told him to stay in the corner while i killed it for him... The worse thing about it is that we both got the game at the same time and have put in almost the same amount of time. Difference is I'm Rank 6 and he's rank 2 (he'd still be rank 1 if it wasnt for me)

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
That's not necessarily a bad thing. My cousin has it and ive tried questing with him, but he makes killing monsters almost impossible :urg: He dies so fast and basically contributes nothing, but distracting the monster >.>

I felt bad that he hadn't killed a rathalos after like 80 hours of playing so i told him to stay in the corner while i killed it for him... The worse thing about it is that we both got the game at the same time and have put in almost the same amount of time. Difference is I'm Rank 6 and he's rank 2 (he'd still be rank 1 if it wasnt for me)
well most of my friends DO play Monster Hunter (and theyre actually decent)... unfortunately they all play it on my PSP/Wii/PS2... so yah it sux cuz i dont have anyone local to play with, and finding a good group around my lvl is almost impossible whenever i go online on Tri

Speaking of which i got my Wii fixed the other day YAYZ

Fayte Isaac

Smash Apprentice
with mah Wii fixed, i just need to get my Tri game back that i let my friend borrow... and then well kill defenseless monsters XD

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I miss. Tri. Anyone play portable third, and know of a translation guide?

Top Bottom