• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mona for SSBB

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cmon oxyborb warioware characters have a good chance,the series should be represented well, and with just wario, it does not do it, after I played warioware for the wii today, gotta say mona would be awesome in brawl... Mona has my support XD...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Kat and Ana are the ninka girls (rite) they can be added to, but they should be added as a double team... meh I like mona, we need more female characters, so why not one from warioware...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
to be honest i think wario's jerky movement is from not actuly finishing him yet and they just showed him how he is at the movement when it's donei think he will move normaly
I really don't think so. The jerky movements are in the animations itself. Smoothing it out wouldn't be too much of a problem if they wanted, however, they didn't.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude both peach and zelda never fought b4 melee, and there they are, when I saw peach I tough she would suck, but she top tier, and thus, so can Mona, she can use her baton to fight and other umm "wacky" moves from the warioware series...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'll believe it when I see it Stryks. Peach & Zelda are familar faces that proved themselves in Melee. I say we save Mona until the next installement of Smash.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Nah seeing how this may be sakurais last smash, I say add her now! Having 2 characters from warioware wouldnt hurt, Mona can prove herself in smahs as well, its just a matter of seeing what happens...

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
Bump for great justice.

Mona should make it into Brawl seeing as how they need more females and at least one more WarioWare character.

As for a moveset, the one posted is a good start, but here's what I think:

A- Standard punch.
A,A- Standard 2 hit combo.
Dash Attack- She smacks opponents to get out of her way.

Utilt- Swing her baton upward.
Dtilt- Standard Low kick.
L/Rtilt- Smacks opponent with a pizza box.

Nair- Spins in the air with the baton.
Uair- Does a backflip with her legs stretched out.
Dair- Swings her guitar downwards.
Fair- Swing guitar forward.
Bair- Swing her guitar behind her.

Usmash- Twirls her baton around for mulitple hits.
Dsmash- Does a cheerleader split.
L/Rsmash- She swings her guitar like a baseball bat. Doesn't have the power of a baseball bat, however.

B- She will play her guitar, creating a circle of sound waves around her. Does not reflect projectiles. Keep pressing B to get multiple hits in, like Dk's Down+B.
Up+B- She goes into the air twirling her cheerleader baton, causing multiple hits. Goes up diagonally.
Down+B- She can have her monkey helper come out and throw a banana on the floor.
L/R+B- Mona will ride her scooter on stage. Press B again to have her jump off the scooter and the scooter will keep sliding in the direction she was heading, hitting all opponents in the way. Can work in conjunction with her Up+B for a nice recovery.

Taunt- Mona will spin and pose while holding a stack of her pizzas.

Final Smash- She can have her animal helpers come out at once and attack her opponents.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
I liked that moveset. I think Mona would be great in Brawl, but there are many other characters that I'd like so see over her, but I support the idea.
Thanks. I know there are characters that are more likely to make it into Brawl, like Krystal and Diddy Kong. However, I just hope they add a good amount of new characters in addition to the newcomers they already confirmed.

Also, if they want to really take advantage of their WiiConnect24 feature, since the Wii games save right onto the Wii, they can theoretically add more characters as system updates after the game releases. Just an idea...

In other news, I made a ueserbar so that people can show their support for Mona.

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7686/0mubzt3.png

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Go go go go go go
GOOooo Mona!
*Spins baton*
AT to heal you?
She does a little dance for you..
Or maybe she calls over the football player to kick some tail...

SonicMario

Smash Master
It would be cool to see Mona make an apperence. But i thnk i'd be freaked out how she'd look like in 3D. All her appearences were in a 2D cartoon style, not ever being in 3D. But i guess the developers could make make anyone 3D i guess. (Ex: Dr. Wright & Knuckle Joe)

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Just checked out her fan moveset on Deviantart. Scooter Jump? Hot slice? Absolutely brilliant Ideas!

That as well as looking back to how much ive enjoyed playing Wario ware games, im supporting her all the way now.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
She does have a bit of things to draw form, her pizza business, her constant tardiness (could be factored into making her a fast char, but not too fast), her scooter, and don't forget her guitar. I expanded on that moveset, both are good options, maybe a mix of the two.

On a side note, while playing Mona's stage in Touched!, in the intermission she wears Wario's costume. Don't think this means anything for Brawl, but it does show that the two are more connected than the other employees of WW. Other examples are from the first two WW games.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I've got full support for Mona. If they add another WarioWare rep she'd be one of the front-runners. Like it's been said, she's got plenty to create moves out of - pizza business, cheerleading, her band, *possibly* her scooter but I don't know if that'd be copying Wario's Chopper too much.

Honestly though, I have to say I was a bit disappointed with her re-vamp in Smooth Moves. I liked the original Mona, or atleast the musician, but I didn't really take to cheerleading Mona. Hopefully she'd have them all as alternate costumes, not just cheerleading outfit in different colours :p Although I'd expect they'd go with her classic outfit regardless.

Anyway Mona for SSBB! :chuckle:

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
On a side note, while playing Mona's stage in Touched!, in the intermission she wears Wario's costume. Don't think this means anything for Brawl, but it does show that the two are more connected than the other employees of WW. Other examples are from the first two WW games.
Mona is almost Wario's girlfriend in the Wario Ware series, although I think that was emphasized more in the earlier games than the latter ones. In earlier ones, she'd always have a little extra over the other characters (such as the ending to the first Wario Ware, where she ran after Wario after Wario took off with the money asking him to wait for her while the other characters did nothing) but I'm not sure if the more recent Wario Ware game (Smooth Moves) made her out to be particularly special compared to the other characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I think it was implied that Mona has a crush on Wario, or at least some affection. Wario doesn't seem to return this though, probably due to Nintendo realizing it would be almost pedophilic...at least if Mona is underage.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think Wario would just pay Sakurai a big smack of money just to get Mona as a playable character. In fact, I'm thinking he currently holds Sakurai's wife and children hostage now and threatens to Wario Waft them if Sakurai won't put Mona in Brawl. While in his thong.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
She could be interesting, but she'd probably be more of a joke character which I'm pretty sure Wario will be. Personally, I'd hate a spot to be taken up by a joke character, but still a pretty good idea.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
i would love to see mona as a playable character in brawl, in addition to kat and ana

they would both be great seeing as they were both in warioware since the beginning

just as long as she wears her normal clothes and not that cheerleaders uniform

Rune

Smash Lord
Code:
|  |  |
(__)__)
Sorry, you guys probably won't get this.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Mona doesn't get enough love. She could easily have an interesting mechanic in *cough* REAL TIME COSTUME CHANGE. If you've ever seen her intermission in Wario Ware: MM, or played Pocket Fighter, you know what I mean. IE, when she does a move that requires her to be in another costume, she instantly appears in that costume then instantly snaps back to her normal outfit. As I understand, she has at least the following ones: Normal, Gelateria, Diner, Band member, pizza delivery, and cheerleader. With those in mind I came up with a moveset for her.

Standard combo: A A A (normal outfit)
Punch, knee, then swipes her robe/cape forward

Tilt A: (Diner costume (Mega partygames)
Swipes a tray forward

Down Tilt: (Gelato costume) Pokes forward with a little dish of gelato

Up Tilt: (normal costume) hops up a little, trying to bonk with her helmet

Smash A: Love Axe (Band costume)
Brings her guitar down business end first vertically

Up Smash : Baton twirl (Cheerleader costume)
Throws her baton straight up where it twirls a bit as she takes a pose

Down Smash: (Pizza Costume) has two boxes of pizza in her hands and kneels, facing the screen and smirking as she slashes in both directions with them as if they were swords

Dash A: (Diner costume) suddenly appears with a handful of plates and trips, causing more damage if the plates break on the target

Nair: (Normal costume) Mona spins in the air, doing damage if people touch her cape (sort of like Marios cape spin in SMW)

Uair: (Band costume) Rears back with her axe, strumming a chord and letting out a soundwave upward

Bair: (Pizza costume) Swipes her pizza box behind her, narrow range but good damage

Fair: (Cheerleader costume) Rears back with her baton and brings it down with both hands, spike if hit with it in lowest position

Dair: (Gelato costume) Flails a bit in the air and drops down a bit faster, narrow hitbox consisting of her lower hip, but always spikes

B neutral: Hot slices (Pizza costume)
Semi-clone of shiek, reaches into her pizza box to retrieve up to three slices that she can throw all at once,doing cutting and fire effects if they hit. Unlike shiek, if she charges up in the air she can throw them horizontally. Unable to save charge

Down B: Soundwave (Band Costume)
Strikes a pose that you can hold and sidle to the left or right. When you release, a circular sound wave envelops her. It can do fair to medium damage and knockback, and reflects projectiles wildly depending on what angle they hit the soundwave.

Over B: Team Spirit (Cheerleading Costume)
Throws her baton upwards, then slides on her knees (on the ground) or airjumps (in air) to catch it where it lands. Can hit with her body or the baton, but if the baton is knocked away will cause her to stumble.

Up B: Scooter Bail (Normal costume)
She rides upward through the air at a sharp angle, then jumps back to bail as her scooter inexplicably explodes. You could use Over B after this to gain more height. Can hit with the rising motion or explosion of the scooter, but is kind of unweidly

Final Smash: I'm late! (Normal costume)
Gets on her scooter and rides everywhere, with her monkey, elephant, and pig on the back of it. The monkey drops banana peels, the elephant throws soccer balls, and I forget what the pig does (scans for weakness?)

Grab Attack: Punches the enemy in the gut
Throw Down: Wraps the enemy in her coat, then spins them around, leaving them standing and momentarily hitstunned.
Throw Back: Drops the enemy behind her and falls onto them with a reverse elbow drop. Leaves them prone and able to roll
Throw Forward: Leaps backward and kicks with both feet, landing on her back and knocking the enemy pretty far foward.
Throw Up: Tosses the enemy up then gives them an action-packed uppercut!

As far as her stats go, she should be pretty average in weight, speed, and power. Her advantage would be her quirky, Game-and-Watch style of fighting where unpreditcability rules.

Top Bottom