• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mona for SSBB

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Classic outfit all the way, although I do like her outfit from Touched. Mona really feels like the most appropriate WarioWare character to bring to Brawl. She could be just as fun and weird as Wario. (Only hopefully without a fart attack:urg: )

NukeA6

Smash Master
. . . I think they pretty much "ignored" WL when they gave him his WW fit. The most I think we can expect from WL is a unlockable fit. And how can they "ignore" Wario Land if Wario (main character) is in brawl? Thats like saying Mario has to have Mario paper rep.
I doubt they ignored Wario Land. That's where most of him is known. Besides, how are they gonna make a moveset using just Wario Ware material.

Remember that Peach throws turnips (Super Mario Bros 2/USA) and uses a golf club (Mario Golf), a tennis racket (Mario Tennis), a parasol, and a frying pan (Mario RPG or Paper Mario).

On Topic:

Mona looks interesting but what she have as moves?

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. Her moves would probably be themed around her microgames and/or her different jobs throughout the series.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Someone posted a moveset that was actually quite clever. It's in this thread, I'm just too lazy to find it for you. =)

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
I'd think Mona would use her animal buddies as special moves with the Brawl attack involving the monkey's targeting system, locking onto all the opponents on screen and firing at them.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36236311/?q=mona+smash+bros

(Just so you know, it was right there on the first page...before you ask "ZOMG What's her moves?!", check the thread to see if someone's posted a moveset yet. :lick: ...Y'know, it should be common practice now to post all suggested movesets (or links to them) in the first post of a character thread. Just an idea. :) )
....quiet you. =P Now I feel all dumb...:ohwell: *goes and edits first post*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
lol No need to feel dumb. =) And it wasn't necessarily a criticism of you, it was more just me speaking my idea aloud. It would really make the problem people always have about "they don't got no moves" more easily settled.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I get what you meant. I just thought that when you said 'this thread', you had forgotten to link to whatever thread you were talking about, not this thread...so... yeah, I'm dumb. But I'm cool with that. Anyway, that movelist is up. I'm gonna see if I can find the one I had thought up for her.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
OHHHH gotcha...haha, well be sure to post your moveset if and when you find it. They're always fun to read. =)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Well, thanks for that. But... what's left to say? I guess we'll just wait until someone else joins the discussion.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Mona for Brawl, this thread will never die until Brawl is released. Then I am obligated to stay in my room without doing anything else but playing this game and praying that Geno (and Mona) are in it...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Much appreciated, but you may want to get out and get some fresh air... staying inside that much can't be healthy =P

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Much appreciated, but you may want to get out and get some fresh air... staying inside that much can't be healthy =P
I loved that one special message that tells you to go outside. I think it is when you get 50,000 vs matches.

Edit: I am not joking, there is even a 1,000,000 vs matches one.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol well ok ill give it a shot... I dont know much about wario ware, i only played the ds one and a demo on the wii, thats it, so was wonderin what could she have for a moveset?...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well... I suppose at least she'd contribute to the need for more female characters, plus the Wario Ware series has tons of material to ensure a fun moveset. I'm not personally "thrilled" for her to be in SSBB, but a great character suggestion nonetheless...

Dokuro

Smash Ace
the Wario Ware Inc. series is awesome, Mona is awesome, so why not? I'd be thrilled to see her in Brawl, along with some other WW characters, namely Ashley (<3), Orbulon, and 9-Volt.

[also, i bought Wario Ware Twisted a few weeks ago, her pizza song is the best thing ever <3]

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Funny you should mention that. The Mona Pizza theme actually appeared on Sakurai's poll as a music request. You never know...

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Mona needs to happen in Brawl, and she needs to have her little elephant and monkey buddies to help her out. There are tons of wacky guy characters in Smash Bros. I'd love to see Mona just be totally nuts in the game. Weren't the weird, trippy games her category in the original WarioWare?

Dokuro

Smash Ace
Funny you should mention that. The Mona Pizza theme actually appeared on Sakurai's poll as a music request. You never know...
omg yesssss~ brawl needs the Mona Pizza theme, I don't care where they put it, maybe a karaoke mode where the words appear on screen and you can sing it for fun or something, just let it be in brawl ;~;

[if anyone can post the lyrics, it would be appreciated, since I have no clue what the words are.]

Weren't the weird, trippy games her category in the original WarioWare?
her game catagory was "Strange", so yes.

Fitted Sheet Man

Smash Cadet
1: I support Mona for brawl 100%
2: Someone should make a Mona for Brawl thing for signatures there’s one for everyone els
3: Another resone I’m posting don't want the thread to get bared with other things

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Hmm.. a thought:

If another Wario Ware character (i.e. Mona) gets into Brawl, do you suppose they'll get the same treatement as Wario? And by that I mean having jerky, unpredictable motions like the animation style in Wario Ware (not like Mr. Game & Watch, don't even say it >_<).

Fitted Sheet Man

Smash Cadet
to be honest i think wario's jerky movement is from not actuly finishing him yet and they just showed him how he is at the movement when it's donei think he will move normaly

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well 9-volt could have some pretty funny Nintendo-themed attacks.
But yeah, Mona'd work too.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
sakurai was dissappointed with the poll for new fav about wario, i doubt they'll add in more wario chars

and capt. syrup would also be kinda lame imo

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
He also said that he was happy he included him anyway. Sakurai doesn't play favorites most of the time. Mona and C. Syrup have good chances at being included.

Top Bottom