• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
That post seems unnecessary and kinda bitter, bro. While there are people who have done that, I think most play MK because they enjoy it or like the character.

While my appreciation for the character has been dimmed a bit because of his incarnation in this game (he isn't fun to vs with any character I play and learning MK vs MK is tedious at best) that doesn't mean that the people who play the character are to be scrutinized. They put in work, lose and learn like everyone else.

:phone:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wow, people quitting brawl because their character got banned, well you should have seen it coming as MK completely alter'd the games competitive scene, Any1 who quits the game because they cant play the best thing possible its obvious that you were a t00l that hop'd on the best thing. Something that will give you a constant advantage because you feel its the safest option to go, you didnt play brawl, you played MK, now that he is banned you give up on the game because you now have things to worry about like bad matchups and being gimp'd, well everyone else has dealt with that. I hate seeing people like this, in ANY game... It shows me that ur not a skillful player, you just use an overpowered strategy to win. MK is banned, find a new secondary and play brawl to play brawl, not play brawl cuz i wanna win 24/7 and have unfair advantages....
Lmao your naivety is astounding

Please put your entire Brawl career (time and money) into a character that can be beaten and have all that stripped away from you in one fell swoop.

This game, like every fighting game, will always have a best character and that character will always over centralize the metagame. Just because people like you are too much of ****ies to man up and learn how how to beat the character means you just don't have dedication to the game, like you're accusing MK mains who are quitting.

Plenty of players have overcome MK, why can't the rest of you?

Sorry I don't feel like playing a game where the only character I enjoy playing isn't legally playable anymore.

Sync.

Smash Champion
No I played him from November to October. 11 months. I was upset but I'm not about get salty and random people online. I put in a lot of work into him just like you guys.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I feel for you guys. Imo this was a silly decision.

But still, how do you guys cope? MK only tournies, maybe?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No I played him from November to October. 11 months. I was upset but I'm not about get salty and random people online. I put in a lot of work into him just like you guys.

People handle it differently, and you should respect their decisions. I haven't said anything bad about you picking up Olimar (besides him being a gay character), I'm proud you found someone else you have fun playing and you're doing good already. And I'm not salty at that guy for bringing up the ban, I'm annoyed about the stupidity of his view on the ban, it's so narrow minded it's sad.

Anyways, idk if you guys (Houston scene) still want me to play because you think I won't be around anymore or what, but I just don't have that much fun with Brawl anymore.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Some people see the ban as a stamp on a community dominated by poor philosophies. I don't even play MK much and the ban is making me quit LMAO

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Well. I mained falco/marth before MK.

I still use falco so I'll probably just hard main him now. Pick up diddy for a 2nd (and probably for teams)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I feel for you guys. Imo this was a silly decision.

But still, how do you guys cope? MK only tournies, maybe?
I'm coping with it like it's a really bad break up. Lots of ice cream, crying to myself, sad movies, and going out with the girls trying to pretend like I don't need him. :metaknight:

...but...
i DO NEED HIM
D:

Player-1

Smash Legend
hey P4, there's another P4 in GA so you better change your name back to Player-4 before it sticks :3.

and i'm going to win 4 swords.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I'm coping with it like it's a really bad break up. Lots of ice cream, crying to myself, sad movies, and going out with the girls trying to pretend like I don't need him. :metaknight:

...but...
i DO NEED HIM
D:
here's what you do:

you pick kirby and plug in a third controller while you're playing tournament matchces

have that third char pick mk

absorb mk

have him kill himself

there you go

Nahhh I'll always be P4, even though I wish people just called me by my slave's name
i tried to tell him that you were p4 but they dont believe me yo

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman

...but...
i DO NEED HIM
D:
I still can't cope with taking the picture of me and meta knight out of my wallet. ):

/sniffle

NNID
Budget_Player
Wow, people quitting brawl because their character got banned, well you should have seen it coming as MK completely alter'd the games competitive scene, Any1 who quits the game because they cant play the best thing possible its obvious that you were a t00l that hop'd on the best thing. Something that will give you a constant advantage because you feel its the safest option to go, you didnt play brawl, you played MK, now that he is banned you give up on the game because you now have things to worry about like bad matchups and being gimp'd, well everyone else has dealt with that. I hate seeing people like this, in ANY game... It shows me that ur not a skillful player, you just use an overpowered strategy to win. MK is banned, find a new secondary and play brawl to play brawl, not play brawl cuz i wanna win 24/7 and have unfair advantages....
Metaknight is a fairly unique character in Brawl. He's got no real top-tier counterpart with a similar playstyle; the only one that comes close to his ability in terms of sheer aggro is Marth, and that's still a stone's throw away. If you want to camp like a ******, you have ICs, Diddy, Falco, and Snake who all have relatively similar playstyles, and that's just in top tier. It's understandable that, after spending a while playing him, other characters in the upper echelons seem boring as **** by comparison. A lot of us are huge fans of MK because, well, he's fun to play, not because we wanted easy wins.

What's more, you're forgetting the amount of time that a lot of us put into MK and only MK. That's time we don't get back. Add to this the fact that several of us (especially those who are in regions that aren't EC) don't see the ban as justified in the slightest, and altogether you should be able to understand why we feel like quitting.

Beyond that though, the logic of your post is horrible beyond belief. You know who else really shapes the competitive scene? All the top tiers. Seriously. MK may be the big one, but that's no surprise–we'd be able to say the same thing if as many players used Diddy or Falco instead of MK. If a character is used as much as MK, it doesn't matter what character it is–it's going to shape the metagame severely. As far as a constant advantage goes... Welcome to every top tier in every game ever. Hell, what bad matchups does diddy have now? In any case, you're going to have the advantage almost all of the time. A Sagat/Yun main in SF4/SSF4AE/SF3S had the advantage all the time... Big ****ing deal.
And the idea that the only people who would quit because their main was banned for no good reason are bad is stupid beyond belief. Case in point: Mew2King. Go ahead, tell me he's bad at the game when he ***** everyone with DDD for the first few months, and was the king of melee for god knows how long. What's more, it completely ignores the idea of playstyles; the idea that if you have to use a character that doesn't fit with your personality, you're ****ed. Never mind that most top MK mains are highly proficient with someone else as well (case in point: Nairo, Ally, and Anti's results at Concentrate 2).

lilseph

Smash Ace
its 55:45 for diddy last time I checked. But everyone has their own opinion I suppose.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Wtf you sound like you can't use MK anymore XD

:059:
I can but I plan on going home, and some of my close friends host concentrate. I'd like to go to their events and do well, so I will still be using MK at internationals. ATM for local tournaments I'm gonna practice my secondarys and just try and learn//have fun

i think diddy loses to snake/wario
I definitely disagree with this

Top Bottom