• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I tried for a little while. Too random for my tastes though. And yeah, the whole time thing as well x)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh I see. I'm always finding people playing and enjoying BlazBlue, but I can't seem to find big tournaments besides of EVO. Is the BB scene small in North America?
There's some regionals like NorCal Install, and one on the Tristate area, but BlazBlue's competitive scene is quite small.

Its fanbase, however, is pretty big.

How were you at Halo? And why it bored you?
It was the game I "played because everyone else does so", and I played it quite a lot although it wasn't exactly my taste (but hey, it was fee play!).
I guess I was kinda good (that was like, 5-6 years ago).
Not the most reliable guy out there, but I had many nice moments.

Hey, no te banearon de SBLA! Acabo de revisar tu perfil! Ah y no te preocupes, a esas personas les encanta trollear/molestar a los nuevos, independiente de sus gustos. Siempre encontraran algo en lo que molestarte, es mejor ignorarlos.
El thread dejó de aparecerme, pensé que me habían hecho algo (o a Carita), pero no me estioy quejando, en realidad fué divertido.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
I've just been interviewed for Apex 2012, show some love and check it out!

http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=1296

¡Thanks for your time and have a nice day

I tried for a little while. Too random for my tastes though. And yeah, the whole time thing as well x)
Oh, I see. Well, Pokémon is a hard game to compete in for the reasons you mentioned!

One thing that I don't know is why Nintendo supports competitive Pokémon BUT they don't support competitive Super Smash Bros (In general. Like with the Stream rights at MLG, like why would Nintendo not allow MLG to stream the tournament matches?)[/COLOR]

There's some regionals like NorCal Install, and one on the Tristate area, but BlazBlue's competitive scene is quite small.

Its fanbase, however, is pretty big.

It was the game I "played because everyone else does so", and I played it quite a lot although it wasn't exactly my taste (but hey, it was fee play!).
I guess I was kinda good (that was like, 5-6 years ago).
Not the most reliable guy out there, but I had many nice moments.

El thread dejó de aparecerme, pensé que me habían hecho algo (o a Carita), pero no me estioy quejando, en realidad fué divertido.
Ah ya veo. Me extraña entonces que BB siendo "pequeño" en términos de comunidad competitiva este en el EVO. Digo, Smash es mucho mas grande y no esta en el EVO (aunque Brawl y Melee si estuvieron por un tiempo pero los sacaron al poco tiempo despues).

Jajjajaja, dale. De todas formas si te llegan a banear me avisas y yo te des-baneo ;).

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Smash no esta en EVO por que no nos apegamos a las reglas que ellos nos dan (porque somos tourney**** [pero de los malos]).

Nice interview btw.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Kinda just wanted to stop by and give my condolences to Metaknight being banned.

No, this isn't a trolly post or anything like that. It must really suck to have to find some sort of replacement character after maining someone different for a while.

:dk2:

Reizilla

I may have one more large tourney left in me. Maybe. Depends on if I have money at the end of the semester. And I'll still play with my local crew here because they're all cool dudes. But for the most part, I've already quit.

Back on the Halloween costumes topic, my marching band had a "theme day" where we were supposed to dress up as "childhood favorites" so this is what I did and I'll probably use it for Halloween because I don't have the money to make anything else xD

My word, that picture is enormous.

lilseph

Smash Ace
I'm trying really hard to get back into Marth but I'm having a hard time without MK. The game is just no fun without him x.x

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm sorry Sync! Plus there's a variety of other things that I don't like about the community. Like how certian tournaments are run, how bracket favortism happens, not to mention everyone arguing over the rules, some people just harass others for dumb reasons, and when people trash talk you, AND YOU BEAT them, they still won't shut up. Also tournament attendance, and um mlg dropping us. ect. You know this. blah blah

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
:(.

I'm never quitting Smash in general (HOPEFULLY!). Playing in tournaments is what makes the game very fun and interesting to me!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I probably quit Tournaments because I have no backup character and no way to practice them...

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I like to think that I've been able to stick around the scene for a while because Brawl is just a game to me.

I never put in the time and effort to think of this activity as a waste.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm sorry Sync! Plus there's a variety of other things that I don't like about the community. Like how certian tournaments are run, how bracket favortism happens, not to mention everyone arguing over the rules, some people just harass others for dumb reasons, and when people trash talk you, AND YOU BEAT them, they still won't shut up. Also tournament attendance, and um mlg dropping us. ect. You know this. blah blah
Brawl is too unbearable for me on how gay it is. MK made it bearable, but now he's gone.

I realized that's how I play all gay games lol, I pick a characater(s) that makes the game less gay, I do this heavily in Pokemon, which we STILL need to play :)

Reizilla

What? Houston has the most derped out brackets. 49 entrants and 4 people place 49th? Cool bracket, dudes :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Experienced this at my first tourny, and even the TO admitted he bracket ****ed people to me on AIM. Screenshotted it too, not that it matters. I'm sorry you went through it as well.

I may of seemed cynical around these boards, but I had justification under it all. You had a great run Kass. People deserve better sometimes...

edit: wait, you're in Houston? Lol.. that's where the Tourny was that had horrible seeding/bracket and still does from what I hear. (I moved to Dallas awhile ago.)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
@SNO:

First, That sig is amazing.

iirc, Kassy is from somewhere on Midwest (KY?), her complain is from SiiS6, where Today actually manipulated so people that play often against each other (God Kais) wouldn't play during the first rounds... At least that's the one I saw, I'm not sure if she had any other bad experience.

Also, people blame MK ban for this new Salem guy. He's too much ****.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I had a bi, and they took it from me. ._.

That's my complaint. But I won't get into that.
Hm, looks at houston threads. @_@ I don't see it.

Edit: P4, we can play! Go to Apex! Same to you Sync!
We'll all meet one day! I just know it. I'll try to keep playing so I can meet my meta-buddies. I always vent here so...lmao And you guys are here for me.

YES WE'LL ALL PLAY 4 SWORDS.
I'll always play, I just won't care as much, or try to go to as many tournies. :/

Thnx SNO. I'll try and kinda play tho. @_@

In the end, I think that personally I became sort of an above average player. :X I made my state's pr several times, and I've won money in singles and doubles a few times. I guess I just don't hype myself up, or **** talk other people or something enough to keep my self super pumped all the time.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
@SNO:

First, That sig is amazing.

iirc, Kassy is from somewhere on Midwest (KY?), her complain is from SiiS6, where Today actually manipulated so people that play often against each other (God Kais) wouldn't play during the first rounds... At least that's the one I saw, I'm not sure if she had any other bad experience.

Also, people blame MK ban for this new Salem guy. He's too much ****.
Salem's been around for sometime, dood.

Also, dibs on the blue link still. C:

Player-3

Smash Hero
I had a bi, and they took it from me. ._.

That's my complaint. But I won't get into that.
Hm, looks at houston threads. @_@ I don't see it.

Edit: P4, we can play! Go to Apex! Same to you Sync!
We'll all meet one day! I just know it. I'll try to keep playing so I can meet my meta-buddies. I always vent here so...lmao And you guys are here for me.

YES WE'LL ALL PLAY 4 SWORDS.
I'll always play, I just won't care as much, or try to go to as many tournies. :/

Thnx SNO. I'll try and kinda play tho. @_@

In the end, I think that personally I became sort of an above average player. :X I made my state's pr several times, and I've won money in singles and doubles a few times. I guess I just don't hype myself up, or **** talk other people or something enough to keep my self super pumped all the time.
4 swords yes

i don't have the game though

someone bring the stuff for me

i'm purple link

Conti

Smash Ace
Wow, people quitting brawl because their character got banned, well you should have seen it coming as MK completely alter'd the games competitive scene, Any1 who quits the game because they cant play the best thing possible its obvious that you were a t00l that hop'd on the best thing. Something that will give you a constant advantage because you feel its the safest option to go, you didnt play brawl, you played MK, now that he is banned you give up on the game because you now have things to worry about like bad matchups and being gimp'd, well everyone else has dealt with that. I hate seeing people like this, in ANY game... It shows me that ur not a skillful player, you just use an overpowered strategy to win. MK is banned, find a new secondary and play brawl to play brawl, not play brawl cuz i wanna win 24/7 and have unfair advantages....

[this msg was only to certain MK players, not all... (everyone knows what type of players im talking about) just throwing it out there :p]

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Wow, people quitting brawl because their character got banned, well you should have seen it coming as MK completely alter'd the games competitive scene, Any1 who quits the game because they cant play the best thing possible its obvious that you were a t00l that hop'd on the best thing. Something that will give you a constant advantage because you feel its the safest option to go, you didnt play brawl, you played MK, now that he is banned you give up on the game because you now have things to worry about like bad matchups and being gimp'd, well everyone else has dealt with that. I hate seeing people like this, in ANY game... It shows me that ur not a skillful player, you just use an overpowered strategy to win. MK is banned, find a new secondary and play brawl to play brawl, not play brawl cuz i wanna win 24/7 and have unfair advantages....
Or consider the fact that some people found MK to be a fun character, and probably one of the only fun characters to them. And your opinion on whether someone continues playing the game after their main was banned really matters, considering it's the decision of that player and not yours.

You look at it from an extremely close minded biased side, at least look at it from an MK mains point of view before you tell us what we're thinking. -.-

Top Bottom