• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mixed up Evolutionary Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What? NO!

But there has to be some sort of mix up. I don't see how Bagon can evolve into Shielgon, and then evolve into Mence....

Shielgon is just... you know, random. I see a bipedal dinousaur thingy that is Bagon and I think it's alright, but then I see this thing in a shell that's supposed to evolve into one of OUs most powerful pokemon...

Is it supposed to be like in a cocoon phase or something?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yep, Cocoon phase, since they couldn't draw anything that made the transition smooth :V

A_man13

Smash Master
What? NO!

But there has to be some sort of mix up. I don't see how Bagon can evolve into Shielgon, and then evolve into Mence....

Shielgon is just... you know, random. I see a bipedal dinousaur thingy that is Bagon and I think it's alright, but then I see this thing in a shell that's supposed to evolve into one of OUs most powerful pokemon...

Is it supposed to be like in a cocoon phase or something?
It's a cocoon phase much like Larvitar to Pupitar. According to it's pokedex entries and the anime, Bagon has dreams of flying, so it undergoes metamorphasis in the Shielgon stage to gain wings. Sooner than you can say level 50, you have a flying bagon capable of destroying worlds. Or, at least, most pokemon.

A_man13

Smash Master
The leg color is the same, Mence still has the rocky plating that is present on bagon's head and Shielgon's body. Besides, if you want to get angry at a dragon's evo path, please look at Dragonite. I can see the path, of course, but something about a snake evolving into a fat bipedal dragon doesn't quite click.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The leg color is the same, Mence still has the rocky plating that is present on bagon's head and Shielgon's body. Besides, if you want to get angry at a dragon's evo path, please look at Dragonite. I can see the path, of course, but something about a snake evolving into a fat bipedal dragon doesn't quite click.
Hell I was just about to question Dnite as well before you said it

And are kids really gonna get the similarities?

They're gonna ask

"Mommy, mommy, why does the little dinosaur evolve into a shell and then into a dragon?"

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pretty much.

But on a more serious note, kids wouldn't even be questioning the strange evolution pattern, especially at their age. I know I didn't think anything of Magikarp -> Gyarados when I was 10, I'm sure these kids won't either.

A_man13

Smash Master
These are the same kids who'd rather use Dialga and Palkia over Mewtwo because they look cool, mind you.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much.

But on a more serious note, kids wouldn't even be questioning the strange evolution pattern, especially at their age. I know I didn't think anything of Magikarp -> Gyarados when I was 10, I'm sure these kids won't either.
Well I did, but I ignored due to the awesomness

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ummm... Did you just random sprite generate half of these? Growlithe to Buizel to Typhlosion. Lol.

UberMario

Smash Master
No, lol.

Wooper -> Wobuffet -> Quagsire: Facial features, coloration, seem to have poor vision
Unown (I) -> Unown (S) -> Magnemite: Eye surrounded by two sticks, which become magnets

Sentret -> Gligar -> Crobat: Gliding Squirrel with a big tail to Gliding Bat with a big tail to Bat with no webbing in between front and back limbs or tail

Girafarig -> Ampharos -> Kangaskhan: Orb for a tail, cant stand to a Kangaroo that has an orb for a tail and casing on its head to a large kangaroo with no orb on it's tail and a large amount of casing on it's head

Pikachu -> Furret -> Ursaring: Small animal with spots on it's cheeks, stripes on it's back, and pointy ears to a big animal with spots on it's cheeks, stripes making a ring around it's stomach and back and a "smoother" tail to a brown large animal with a ring on it's stomach and a short straight tail.

Wailmer -> Kyogre -> Wailord: They're blue-colored whales . . . .

Growlithe -> Buizel -> Typhlosion: Cream-bellied Orange animal with a tuft on it's head, to a cream-bellied Orange animal with a smaller tuft on it's head that can stand and has a ring around it's neck, to a large animal with a ring around it's neck and a Cream-colored belly.

Sandshrew -> Jolteon -> Sandslash: Small yellow critter to one with more spikes to one with bigger spikes and claws.

What, no one can see my logic? ;_;

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I love how Girafarig looses it's hooves and stands on two legs.
You mean like Mareep? :p

Only one I can really see is the Shrew > Jolt > Slash one, and even then it's a bit of a stretch. Sorry =/

They all do make you think, though... :laugh:

UberMario

Smash Master
I knew some of my suggestions were going to be looked at strangely, but I didn't think they were that far out considering the series has several lizards that end up in cocoons and a clam that turns into a gulper eel. lol

mood4food77

Smash Hero
how the **** does clamperl evolve into EITHER gorebyss or huntail?

please explain that to me

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
->

Reshiram? I don't see the connection between these guys. I was thinking Zekrom because his wings somewhat resemble Dunsparce more and I imagine that the evolution of Dunsparce would have a more solid tail, not a waving, flowing tail.

Plus, imo, Zekrom is far more epic.

UberMario

Smash Master
The funny thing about Dunsparce and Zekrom is that they have nearly the same tail design, but on different scales with the body. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom