• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mixed up Evolutionary Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Another piece of my research of Pokémon designs. So far I've (with the help of several members) summed up the following:

Any others you guys can think of?

Tacel

Smash Lord
How about
->
or
depending on gender?
EDIT: Where could Weedle and Kakuna fit in?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've seen the first four from Smogon and other sites, but the Luvdisc -> Gorebyess one I saw here.

Ever think something's up with Vigoroth?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've seen the first four from Smogon and other sites, but the Luvdisc -> Gorebyess one I saw here.

Ever think something's up with Vigoroth?
I noticed this when I made a Gorebyss/Luvdisc splice a long time ago

Why does vigoroth look like he could belong in the Zangoose line?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

I think it might have something to do with how carvahna has that star thing, gabite doesnt, and garchomp does...
just my 2 cents

also, cubone>kangaskhan

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Take the bones off Cubone and color it purple- you get the baby in Kangaskhan's pouch

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
clamperl = baby shellder?

Edit: or even original concept of the first evo of cloyster

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
One of the things I see to be a problem with a couple of these lines is that the Pokemon loses its legs. That shouldn't really happen on an evo...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple.

Also Gastly gains hands. And then Haunter gains feet.

Mewter

Smash Master
Gee, last time I saw CiC post that Rayquaza thing, I thought he was joking around.

Their claws and spikes while being a shared general trait between both Pokemon (both have claws and spikes on their heads) are not similar in and of themselves. Rayquaza's claws and head spikes look nothing like Kecleon's.

Their concepts are also completely different, and their color schemes, while containing similar colors, are not identical in any way.

So, I don't think they're as related as you suppose they are. :laugh:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Their only similarities is that Remoraid and Octillery are based off aquatic animal/projectile-firing-device splices.

It may or may not take a while to see it, but Remoraid is a gun, and Octillery is a wheeled cannon or tank.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Their only similarities is that Remoraid and Octillery are based off aquatic animal/projectile-firing-device splices.

It may or may not take a while to see it, but Remoraid is a gun, and Octillery is a wheeled cannon or tank.
You forget about Sharpedo dude

Spire

III
BRoomer
@FAILchion- That honestly looks totally convincing. Cherrim and Bellossom have very similar faces, but then again, Bellossom and Oddish aren't too different either.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
@FAILchion- That honestly looks totally convincing. Cherrim and Bellossom have very similar faces, but then again, Bellossom and Oddish aren't too different either.
Just the leaves on its head that match Bellossom's grass skirt, which I could say the same for Cherubi. I'd argue skin tone but then again many evos have gone through a drastic skin tone color change.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Eh, maybe I'm the only one that sees it.
Aggron should have been Rhydon's evolution. The families are definitely related though.

I'm finally pretty much done with my ancestral tree, so I'll get that up soon.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
->
I guess the colouring isn't right though..

and

or just

I always thought this one was possible ^ or that whiscash was a different option for chinchou's evo. The colouring matches and is whiscash doesn't really fit well with barboach. Plus whiscash looks more like a bottom dweller than lanturn, although not much electric vibe/no lights.

Might have a look and see if there are others..

Edit: anyone else play Pokemon Red way back in the day and thought Gastly was what was inside cloyster?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That Chinchou/Wishcash one was actually kind of interesting, Greenstreet. As far as electric vibes go that symbol on his head sort of looks like a lightning bolt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom