• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can't wait for the Wii U version, though I'll need the system first, which I don't know when I'll get it. The 3ds is making me do more mistakes than usual, and it's making me and my Palutena sad. D: My plans when I do get that version is to perform these things which would go good for a highlight vid or just something I want to do:

-Warp Cancel to D-air spike an opponent.
-KO someone some way with Warp Cancel to N-air (I've done it often).
-Counter an unlikely powerful hit, like Bowser Bomb (done it before)
-Tease an opponent by just doing single jabs a bit as part of mindgames.
-Use Reflect Barrier on a Villager riding the Lloyd Rocket and KO him.

Good thing for art ideas to inspire others.

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
I can't wait for the Wii U version, though I'll need the system first, which I don't know when I'll get it. The 3ds is making me do more mistakes than usual, and it's making me and my Palutena sad. D: My plans when I do get that version is to perform these things which would go good for a highlight vid or just something I want to do:

-Warp Cancel to D-air spike an opponent.
-KO someone some way with Warp Cancel to N-air (I've done it often).
-Counter an unlikely powerful hit, like Bowser Bomb (done it before)
-Tease an opponent by just doing single jabs a bit as part of mindgames.
-Use Reflect Barrier on a Villager riding the Lloyd Rocket and KO him.

Good thing for art ideas to inspire others.
When I get the WiiU version, I just want to:
- Do a smash instead of a tilt because I don't tap the stick quick enough
- Stop using Reflect when I want to angle my Warp (doesn't happen very soon, but it is so frustrating) :(

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Got the Nintendo rep to let me test with customs for a bit.

Both Glide Bounce and Indefinite Lightweight are in the Wii U version.

Took on 3 people at once with Indefinite Lightweight and won without losing a single stock. And this was after people had been telling me I was playing a "bottom tier" or "your character sucks" for a good deal of the night.

Divine Justice.
Where was this? A demo or something?

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Where was this? A demo or something?
Friday, select Gamestops had the full version you could play for 3 hours. My gamestop was lucky enough to be one of them.

On another note: Would people be interested in a Palutena only Twitch channel? I have a capture card and I'm thinking of making use of it Friday and streaming only Palutena for the whole day. It'll be good for me because I can get some feedback on things I'm doing wrong and use it to get better... but at the same time I'm kinda worried no one will want to watch so I'm contemplating not doing it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, it's complicated. I wouldn't make a character-only twitch channel though. I mean if you do have a twitch already, by all means. I wish I could join in on the fun, but I'd have no Wii U by that time. I'd say wait on it. The only thing I'd ask for is a closer look at Palutena's and Pit's expressions.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Well I got the idea mostly from League streams I watch. You get players like Bjerg or Voyboy who people watch cause they're just good with everyone. But then you get people like BoxBox or RF Legendary who people watch simply because of their skill with one particular person.

I was wondering if people would actually be interested in watching a stream like that for Smash.

I have a copy of wii u. If anyone has any questions, ask away
This also got buried. Can you list the differences between Wii U (1.0.4) Palutena & 3DS (1.0.3) Palutena?
Damage percentages would be wonderful on each moves.

From my 3 hours of play time, all glitches seemed in tact, as did frame data. The only thing I can think of they might have changed is damage and knockback.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
I have a copy of wii u. If anyone has any questions, ask away
Can you test the % at which Palutena's bthrow kills Villager on the edge of FD please? I suspect it wasn't actually changed between versions, but if you could test it that could be wonderful.

At the moment in training mode bthrow seems to kill villager at the edge around 175%.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'd watch that stream @ TsuKiyoMe TsuKiyoMe

I'm trying to get better with her (thinking about making her my main instead of Rosalina), but I'm really bad with the advanced techniques (Indefinite Lightweight is the only one I can do) so seeing someone skillfully use the character for hours would be a great learning experience for me.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'm going to have a stream as well. I'm going to have to get a new laptop. Would anyone recommend a laptop for me? Something that is affordable? The stream might mostly be peach/greninja/palutena. Oddly all three of my mains have improved immensely after taking a short break.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
As someone who builds computers: Laptops are never a good idea unless you're looking to go big. The laptop that Chibo uses for streaming on the go is the one my father has which is going to run you around $1000. If you want a "Good" streaming laptop, look to put up at least $800... in which case you could just build a really high end desktop for the same price.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I think when I move out I will build a desktop.
It really is the cheaper route. My current setup is really pricey but I acquired it over a period of several years and investing in it. It becomes like it's own hobby once you build your own and understand how it all works. Think of it like a car. You constantly want to upgrade parts once they become old or worn out to you can maintain it and keep it in good condition. (Disclaimer: I know nothing about cars)

Edit:
I'd watch that stream @ TsuKiyoMe TsuKiyoMe

I'm trying to get better with her (thinking about making her my main instead of Rosalina), but I'm really bad with the advanced techniques (Indefinite Lightweight is the only one I can do) so seeing someone skillfully use the character for hours would be a great learning experience for me.
I'll try my best! I'm not a super competitive player but I've been playing a long time and have won some locals back in the day. If nothing else, you can watch me get pummeled on by some friends of mine (Ninjalink, Eazy23, etc.). If I decide to do it, my goal is to teach viewers just as much as the viewers teach me (I point out my decisions, show you little tricks I've found, you guys give me feed back on the decisions you guys thought were poor, teach me things you've found, etc.)

As for landing advanced stuff, it's just practice. Practice practice practice.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
IMO if you have a capture card just stream! It doesn't hurt and doesn't take much time to set up. Even if no one watches, it's a good way for you to record your play and allow you to skip around and review stuff versus loading up replays individually and watching it without being able to pause or jump

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
It really is the cheaper route. My current setup is really pricey but I acquired it over a period of several years and investing in it. It becomes like it's own hobby once you build your own and understand how it all works. Think of it like a car. You constantly want to upgrade parts once they become old or worn out to you can maintain it and keep it in good condition. (Disclaimer: I know nothing about cars)

Edit:

I'll try my best! I'm not a super competitive player but I've been playing a long time and have won some locals back in the day. If nothing else, you can watch me get pummeled on by some friends of mine (Ninjalink, Eazy23, etc.). If I decide to do it, my goal is to teach viewers just as much as the viewers teach me (I point out my decisions, show you little tricks I've found, you guys give me feed back on the decisions you guys thought were poor, teach me things you've found, etc.)

As for landing advanced stuff, it's just practice. Practice practice practice.
That makes two of us who knows nothing about cars. lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Patch 1.04 is out, and though I got little to no data, I can say the Lightweight thing is still do-able. It's all I got, but enjoy.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
After doing some testing, Palutena feels more or less same to me. She still has her teleport cancel, and that's the only thing I was concerned about.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I know this doesn't mean much for Palutena players, but if any of you mained Shulk, I think he's been buffed a little.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As a weird question, but what's a typically and average low price for a Wii U that can be compatible with that GCC thing, and how much is the latter? I'm aiming to ask the parents to get me a Wii U soon and all. I may not get it at release date, but if things go well, I'll be able to join in soon.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
As a weird question, but what's a typically and average low price for a Wii U that can be compatible with that GCC thing, and how much is the latter? I'm aiming to ask the parents to get me a Wii U soon and all. I may not get it at release date, but if things go well, I'll be able to join in soon.
If you look on amazon you might find deluxe wii u's for 230. I got my white wii u for 150 and now those are 250. If you want an average white wii get the skylanders thats 250 at gs. Otherwise look on amazon because you can score big things for cheap. Just make sure it says it has all the components.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I think you kind of waited a little bit too long Pit.

Prices for a lot of things are up and even Smash Wii U is difficult to acquire at this point if you didn't pre order. Most retailers (excluding I think Amazon) have no spares. It's all pre-orders. I wasn't even able to get the bundle. I had to buy the different pieces from different places cause it was sold out.

That said, juice Doom got his Wii U yesterday from eBay for like $125. Was just the console + wires. Nothing else.

Edit: Does anyone have a list of percents for every move that is accurate? I'd like to side by side each move to see if values changed.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention I don't do Amazon or online shopping. It has to be a store like Best Buy, and hasn't been used.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to mention I don't do Amazon or online shopping. It has to be a store like Best Buy, and hasn't been used.
Ooof. You're in for a hard time ahead of you my friend. Good luck. As I said, no retail stores are getting extra copies besides pre orders except for maybe WalMart or Best Buy. Good luck.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Yeah bud. If you are looking for a Wii U, now is the time to get one. I can almost guarantee you those prices will go up once Smash is out, let alone the possibility of sellouts. I would say try looking into your local Best Buy/Gamestop sales on Black Friday, but we all know how that day can be....:smash:
And try to look out for any layaway deals. Good luck my friend.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Gamestop is definitely out. I have a family member and my former roommate who are GMs for Gamestop.

They couldn't even get me a spare copy of Smash from corporate. They simply do not have enough copies to meet the demand. If you didn't already preorder from GS, the odds of you getting it are really slim from them.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Also I'm updating to 1.04 as we speak. I did my homework this time and tested each move 10 times real fast in training to make sure I have percents for moves and their angles that they knockback at.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
INFO DUMP:

========
J 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 9, angle is up and away
F 4 + 6 = 10
U 8
D 8.5

FS 13/16
US 12/16
DS 13/15

Aerials
N 10
U 9
D 9
F 7
B 12

DA 9

Throws
U 8
D 5
F 9
B 10
Pummel 3

Auto Reticle 8
Explosive Flame 7, Is Unblockable on hit 3
Rocket Jump 10/12
Super Speed 1/6
Celestial Fireworks 3/8

=====
J 3 + 1 + 1+ 1 + 3 = 9, angle is up and away but seems farther away than before. Could be placebo
F 4 + 4= 8, Single hit is now 6, up from 4, I don't notice any change in speed. What a really odd nerf.
U 8, same move
D 8.5, seems exactly the same to me. Could recover faster but chalking that up to placebo

FS 13/16, same
US 12/16, same
DS 13/16, same

Aerials
N 10, Same
U 9, Same
D 9, Same
F 7, Same
B 12, Same

DA 9, Same

Throws
U 8, same
D 5, same, seems to have more hitstun on it. DO NOT TAKE THAT AS FACT. Could be placebo, but I was able to consistently hit Down Throw into DAir without the lvl 9 being able to break out of it. Maybe my timing is spot on or the CPU just won't dodge it. Timing seems super tight so it's possible that perhaps my rhythm wasn't super perfect on 1.03 and it was on 1.04. I remain hopeful
F 9, same
B 10, same
Pummel 3, same

Auto Reticle 8, same. Range isn't increased either. Recovery is still horrible.
Explosive Flame 7, same. Dunno if hit 3 is still unblockable. Recovery is still horrible.
Rocket Jump 10, 12, same.
Super Speed ZERO damage, 6 far. All follow ups still seem possible, requires more testing. JC Momentum Storing is still in the game.
Celestial Fireworks 3 + 5 = 8, same
Heavenly Light, still bad

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I don't think ftilt was actually changed. The move deals 6% on any hit with the top of her staff and 4% if you hit with any other part of it. I've still gotten 10% off it at times.

SS damage scales with distance, it starts doing 1% just outside normals range. Maximum damage is actually 7%.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I tried a ton of times but you could be right. I keep getting 6 or 8. I can't get the 10 I did multiple times on 1.03. I'm willing to take your word for it because the large majority of the stuff is changed and any staff swinging move has so many different hitboxes that it's really easy to get it wrong.

It still feels odd to me.

Super Speed doing 0 is definitely new to me though.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Some friends double checking my work for me now. More input/another set of eyes is always good. If anyone has anything they've found, speak up. IF there's something wrong in my work also, let me know. No point spreading misinformation.

Edit:

According to Rockin, looks like FTilt does 10% from behind. That's why I was getting erroneous data. So that means that the move, and Palutena on the whole, is pretty much the exact same in 1.04.

Only a few other things to mess around with.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I really don't want to mention information regarding other characters other than Palutena here, but since they are my mains, it's just something I want to mention.
Here's what I notice with my mains so far:

Mario: Feels the same.

Palutena: Feels the Same.

Lucina: Feels the same.

Pit: Feels the same.

Shulk: Buffed.

Robin: Feels the same, however his extra second jump exploit from Charging his standard B all the way in the air is gone.

Zerosuit: Feels the same.

Haven't gotten around to testing Lucario, or Fox, but so far they feel the same as well.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure. Unless there's a different way, looks like you have to wait a decent amount longer between jab 1 to jab 1 or jab 1 to grab.

Top Bottom