• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Wii U version is already on the new balance patch. For example, Rosa's luma respawn is now about 13 seconds from 8 ish.

Great news, palutena buffs! Look here at about 33:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGulnBaefAw

Fthrow from 9% to 11%
Upsmash from 16% to 19%
Fair from 7& to 8%
Bair from 12% to 15%
Dash attack from 9% to 10%
Uthrow from 8% to 9%

PUMMEL FROM 3% TO 4%

I do not believe he is using any equipment, as he accepted a random Order to play in this, and was not allowed to select a profile. I think these very well may be actual buffs!

FOUR PERCENT PUMMEL OMG

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sorry to disappoint, but I see the giant 'dorf's Wizard Foot doing only 11% at the beginning of that too. I'm pretty sure Palutena has stat buffs for the event.

Either that or Sakurai got really mad at Ganondorf.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Extra damage is good. I approve of our gal's buffs. We need more data and clarification though.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
take a look at her smashes and tilts they seem a little quicker. Take that with a grain of salt since we can find this out next Thursday.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Yeahhh, I'm calling shenanigans on that. 11% fthrow, 15% bair, 19% usmash, 4% pummel, I'm just not seeing it. Especially not with the reduced damage on Ganondorf's everything in the same clip.

Last edited:

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
4% pummel!? Palutena letting go of her limiter

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With 4% pummel and good speed, just think of how great the pummel that Brawl Lucas had, and now Palutena may have the best pummel in the game. We need more data and testing though. If she indeed is getting power and speed improvements, then our uprising will be shown to the world.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I meant to do this earlier but....

Favorites:
Jab - Love the jab resets, can get rid of low priority projectiles, and sets up for upsmash kills.
D-Throw -Combos, set ups to up smash, and spacing :D
F-air- Love combing from D-throw, or tacking on small damage to lead into a jab reset.
N-Air - awesome tool to combo into and if done correctly you can get yet another reset into grab or combo into grab.
F-Tilt - Idk about anyone else but I use it as a replacement to d-smash, yeah dsmash can kill but this one has a higher chance of punishing rolls with knockback, it can also stop projectiles like mario's fireball and it is a good edge guarding tool for the duration of the move.
D-tilt- if I think f-smash wont do well I use this move, yeah it doesn't have much range but it has decent pushback.
Auto reticle- Love using this to wrack up damage here and there, as well as to annoy the crap out of my opponent.
Dash attack- Love it for negating just about everything during the active frames.

Dislikes:
D-smash- The risk reward of this move is inexcusable, the move's start up takes too long and the recovery is twice as long. Hopefully the balance patch will reduce the entire duration of the move.
D-air- feels odd and it feels like when you hit it the opponent can still return.
F-smash- Its an ok move but I don't like how long this move takes to come out and do its job.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hey guys. Wii U version is already on the new balance patch. For example, Rosa's luma respawn is now about 13 seconds from 8 ish.

Great news, palutena buffs! Look here at about 33:00 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGulnBaefAw

Fthrow from 9% to 11%
Upsmash from 16% to 19%
Fair from 7& to 8%
Bair from 12% to 15%
Uthrow from 8% to 9%

PUMMEL FROM 3% TO 4%

I do not believe he is using any equipment, as he accepted a random Order to play in this, and was not allowed to select a profile. I think these very well may be actual buffs!

FOUR PERCENT PUMMEL OMG
(°_°) Am I dipped in butter, or does Palutena look faster? *Sigh* it's probably the frame rate. If this information is true, then Palutena got some good buffs. Now all we can do is just wait to officially confirm this. But if this is true.....then ohhhhhhh boy......give me Dat GameCube controller! I'm about to go to work!

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
(°_°) Am I dipped in butter, or does Palutena look faster? *Sigh* it's probably the frame rate. If this information is true, then Palutena got some good buffs. Now all we can do is just wait to officially confirm this. But if this is true.....then ohhhhhhh boy......give me Dat GameCube controller! I'm about to go to work!
This time she might actually be faster, there are somethings I would like to know is different in the wii u version like megamans tornado...

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
5 bucks says the giant tornado was a bug related to the fact that it hit a supersized projectile from the giant Pacman.

Look at this objectively. Those numbers are insane. The reductions on Ganondorf's damage output (11% Wizard's Foot, 10% ftilt) are equally insane. She's dealing more damage, taking less, and it does look like she's moving faster. Preset equipment for the challenge is the logical answer. Maybe the different difficulties give you certain equipment in addition to or instead of changing the AI level (hard would probably give you no equipment).

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
It's hard for me to tell if she's faster. I've been trying to compare side-by-side by holding my 3DS next to the footage, but the playback on my computer is choppy, so I can't tell for sure. There are times when it looks to me like her Fsmash, Ftilt, and Usmash are faster, and other times when they look like they aren't.

However, I hope that the increased damage is an actual buff, and not a result of equipment. It would suck for Ganon mains, though.

EDIT: It has to be a buff. Before the player selects the event, the Customization icon under Palutena says "Default". Palutena buff confirmed, guys.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm assuming different difficulties adjust the power and defenses of the player and CPUs, sort of like the easy differences seen when battling easy/hard opponents in classic mode.
But if normal is normal, then it should be fair and average. I say we wait for the data, and hope she's definitely getting buffs, while keeping her special tricks. I needs my Warp Cancels the most.

Last edited:

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice

Fthrow from 9% to 11%
Upsmash from 16% to 19%
Fair from 7& to 8%
Bair from 12% to 15%
Uthrow from 8% to 9%

PUMMEL FROM 3% TO 4%

FOUR PERCENT PUMMEL OMG
My money is on equpiments being present. Even the damage numbers aside, look how far some of these moves are sending a giant Ganondorf :/

Paul Centorame

Smash Rookie
Have any of you seen the Shiek chain-grab video? I think Palutena has a similar way of chaingrabbing.

Youtu.be/h2sqS69fSxM

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I think Palutena's forward smash has been slightly buffed. Looking at the 8-player smash match on GameXplain, Palutena used a forward smash on link and it did 17% damage instead if 16%. It didn't looked like it was charged either. And even if it was charged (very, very, very slightly) it wouldn't have been long enough to change a percentage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B43LI9oaYyA&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ
It's at 0:09

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Also, guys, look at the icon under Palutena before the player selects the event. It says "Default". That means that it can't be equipment related.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
To add to what I mentioned earlier, her back throw was also buffed slightly from 10% to 11% shown at 0:26
However, forward throw is still the same, shown at 0:30

To add on, dash attack has been slightly buffed from 9% to 14%? It's a little unclear, but it looks to be this way.

Edit, my bad, scrap that last one, I got two characters mixed up lol

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think Palutena's forward smash has been slightly buffed. Looking at the 8-player smash match on GameXplain, Palutena used a forward smash on link and it did 17% damage instead if 16%. It didn't looked like it was charged either. And even if it was charged (very, very, very slightly) it wouldn't have been long enough to change a percentage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B43LI9oaYyA&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ
It's at 0:09
Link was hit by Yoshi's fsmash (~14.7%) beforehand, then Palutena's fsmash afterward (~16.8%). These numbers line up with the 3DS version.

Remember, decimals exist in this game even if they aren't shown, and fresh moves deal 105% of what you see in training.
Also, guys, look at the icon under Palutena before the player selects the event. It says "Default". That means that it can't be equipment related.
Just because there isn't equipment doesn't mean character parameters aren't changed in other ways for the specific event.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Link was hit by Yoshi's fsmash (~14.7%) beforehand, then Palutena's fsmash afterward (~16.8%). These numbers line up with the 3DS version.

Remember, decimals exist in this game even if they aren't shown, and fresh moves deal 105% of what you see in training.

Just because there isn't equipment doesn't mean character parameters aren't changed in other ways for the specific event.
Hmmm, my bad. Probably missed that.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Have any of you seen the Shiek chain-grab video? I think Palutena has a similar way of chaingrabbing.

Youtu.be/h2sqS69fSxM
The Sheik "chaingrab" isn't a true combo, the opponent can escape via vectoring or buffering a spotdodge/roll. Palutena's is no better and arguably a little worse due to the particulars of her options.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't think that's custom equipment but probably handicaps.

It's an event mode and it said default Palutena.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hmm, thanks for looking over it guys, I've been very excited for the patch. It may be a handicap thing then, because even though the difficulty is on "normal" sakurai wouldn't expect a "normal" difficulty to involve you beating THREE enemy CPUs (+ Giant) without some help, maybe. The 4% pummel sounded too good to be true, and it seems like all the moves are buffed by about the same % damage, instead of some moves being buffed and others not.

It did look like her utilt had less lag (she does utilt into fsmash), but we'll see!

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm hopeful for a buff but honestly, I just don't want to my keep hopes up to just have them trampled all over later on :(

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Youtu.be/h2sqS69fSxM
Yes, yes.

This is somewhat old news. the hit to the ground maybe guaranteed but Palutena has too much lag hitting the ground for anything to be guaranteed. N-air is a better move to reset with since it has less lag. It is also possible to spike people on the ledge with this technique. I've saved a replay of me getting this I'll have to record later.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
It is also possible to spike people on the ledge with this technique. I've saved a replay of me getting this I'll have to record later.
While we're on this topic, her nair spike is so weird I can't figure it out. Seems like if the last hit of her nair hits it doesn't spike. But from my experience, when I try to run off the edge and nair to edge guard, the nair drags the opponent into it and the last hit works every time, ruining the spike. Any tips on this front?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
While we're on this topic, her nair spike is so weird I can't figure it out. Seems like if the last hit of her nair hits it doesn't spike. But from my experience, when I try to run off the edge and nair to edge guard, the nair drags the opponent into it and the last hit works every time, ruining the spike. Any tips on this front?
Well, n-air and any multihit move in the game isn't really supposed to spike. They multi-hits hit the opponent down so they can stay in the move. The last hit of the move is supposed to have good knock-back. The only way to spike with it is by canceling the hit. It isn't guaranteed to spike because of DI but it is possible.

This is a video of me getting it.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Huh! Well I didn't even know you could do that one lol. The nair spike I was referring to was when I see Palu players (I've seen Aerolink do this a few times) run off the edge and nair while the opponent is trying to up B. Somehow they manage to have the last hit of nair not hit, so the opponent gets spiked extremely low and cannot recover (in most cases).

Whenever I try to do a run-off nair the last hit of my nair connects, ruining the spike. I guess it's just a spacing thing?

Thanks for the vid though! I'll definitely try to incorporate that type of nair spike into my play as well :D

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Huh! Well I didn't even know you could do that one lol. The nair spike I was referring to was when I see Palu players (I've seen Aerolink do this a few times) run off the edge and nair while the opponent is trying to up B. Somehow they manage to have the last hit of nair not hit, so the opponent gets spiked extremely low and cannot recover (in most cases).

Whenever I try to do a run-off nair the last hit of my nair connects, ruining the spike. I guess it's just a spacing thing?

Thanks for the vid though! I'll definitely try to incorporate that type of nair spike into my play as well :D
Its impossible to cancel the last hit of n-air without touching the ground (unless you get hit of course. As far as I can tell). You may be confusing it with a stage spike. The n-air is probably hitting the opponent backwards and the stage will send them down unless they tech the wall.

It kinda looks like this. Its not exactly a spike but it functions the same way. They just get hit on the other part of the stage.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
My money is on equpiments being present. Even the damage numbers aside, look how far some of these moves are sending a giant Ganondorf :/
The game doesn't need equipment to change stats. Just look at patches (term for powerups in City Trial)
in Smash Run.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So bored. I don't even know what to do these days. I don't know when the next update is coming, and I'm still eager to have some matches and moments recorded, but it sucks I can't record anything. D: A Palutena party would be great sometime.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I wouldn't be surprised because someone had a broken set... I wish we could just come up with default sets that everyone could use for every character. Like one defensive set for every character and one offensive set.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Wii U Palutena footage with no customs/equipment enabled:
http://youtu.be/dPoJHz8WliU
If you Palu sleuths want to see if she got buffed this video might be worth a watch. But we should keep this in mind:
This might be something....check 2:35 of the video:
http://youtu.be/dPoJHz8WliU?t=2m35s
Palutena backthrows Villager while she is at 107% and he is at 113%. It kills him. I'm in training mode right now and I have both me and villager set to 170%, on the very very edge of FD, and bthrow doesn't kill Villager. So either the Villager player had god awful vectoring or...

Then again I don't know if 8-player maps have smaller blast zones or something, so this is just speculation.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Whelp, custom moves were just banned from KTAR XI and they're probably getting banned from Apex too.

RIP all our hardwork
But... but... Z-dropped Metal Blade to Tornado Hold to possible Slash Claw... Arrrgh

Lemme guess; too much debating happened?

Top Bottom