• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, let me know when your ready. I love ditto matches. I also like to do some with Pit too if you don't mind.
I suppose we can have a few now, but I call dibs on customs being allowed (no equipment of course), and if you got the recording powers. It's the least I can do before nappy time.

I prefer 3-stock over 2 due to higher chances of SDing with the circle pad and such. As for stags, the usual, Prism Tower added, borderline Brinstar, and banned Japes. Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I suppose we can have a few now, but I call dibs on customs being allowed (no equipment of course), and if you got the recording powers. It's the least I can do before nappy time.

I prefer 3-stock over 2 due to higher chances of SDing with the circle pad and such. As for stags, the usual, Prism Tower added, borderline Brinstar, and banned Japes. Anything else I'm missing?
Sounds like a winner. I already added you, so all you have to do is add me. 3 stocks is fine, as well as customs. Give me like a few minutes because I want to delete some replays, and I need to find my charger. I won't be long.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I shall do Smash Run in the meantime. Palutena's kinda good in it in a way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm worried the game will either lag or kick me out randomly, but we'll see.

And speaking of the lag...

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah the lag, the lag, the LAG. -_- It's completely unplayable. Let try again
I prefer if there was no button delay, which is why I prefer to test it first. Last thing we need is to relive brawl's horrible button lag. What if I reset my router and come back?

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I prefer if there was no button delay, which is why I prefer to test it first. Last thing we need is to relive brawl's horrible button lag. What if I reset my router and come back?
Yeah, let's do that. I will do the same

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm set on my end. I'm sad if online keeps on lagging. I must show off my pretty Palutena. :(

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Who wanna do some dittos with customs? I've never tried Super Speed Palutena against human players

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That indeed was a pretty Palutena
I aint done yet. My stupid router was acting up and DC'd me. I'm gladly up for 10+ more matches, and I'll definitely use some of my other sets, too.
But thanks. >_<

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Great. I was enjoying myself.
I'm almost inclined to say this thing is almost as bad as Brawl's wifi. The only difference is that there's chances for no button lag.
And now I shall add more variety to all this if this game would let me join.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm almost inclined to say this thing is almost as bad as Brawl's wifi. The only difference is that there's chances for no button lag.
And now I shall add more variety to all this if this game would let me join.
Hopefully the wii u version is better........that and plus with that GameCube controller.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hopefully the wii u version is better........that and plus with that GameCube controller.
Agreed. The game won't let me join. Try re-logging back online. D: And I'll try different sets, so be on your toes.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, we had a 4-hour marathon of battles. I hope you enjoyed em, and my adorable Pit and Palutena.

My 3ds has been on the red for a bit now, but I've been trying to keep it alive by playing with the charger on, but that's not comfortable with my hands.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well, we had a 4-hour marathon of battles. I hope you enjoyed em.
Yeah, you are really, really good with both Palutena, and Pit. I loved every last minute of it. You sure did have me sweating.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, you are really, really good with both Palutena, and Pit. I loved every last minute of it.
Did we get any footage? I realized I couldn't save any replay at all. I'm still stuck with combos/highlights that I wish were recorded, but I don't have the equipment, and the game doesn't allow it to be sent to another, that and no SD reader anyways. I can keep em for memories though. >_<

I'm happy to have done angelic battles with Palutena, and I thank you for the kindness.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Did we get any footage? I realized I couldn't save any replay at all. I'm still stuck with combos/highlights that I wish were recorded, but I don't have the equipment, and the game doesn't allow it to be sent to another, that and no SD reader anyways. I can keep em for memories though. >_<

I'm happy to have done angelic battles with Palutena, and I thank you for the kindness.
......... (°_°') ...... I completely forgot. I was so focus on trying to start the next match that I forgot.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
......... (°_°') ...... I completely forgot. I was so focus on trying to start the next match that I forgot.
Well, that makes me depressed (actually sad) for the day, and I gotta sleep, too. ;-; *sulks in corner*

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well, that makes me depressed (actually sad) for the day, and I gotta sleep, too. ;-; *sulks in corner*
I'm sad too. You did some crazy stuff. I wanted to sit back and watch it again. D:

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Well, I'm officially done with the 3DS version. I'll be waiting for the Wii U version from here on out, and then I'll resume with Lady Palutena. ^_^

I'll have one more set of videos to post of my 3DS Palutena gameplay for you guys.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Up-air spike? Typo? Explain
Pretty much, if you land an up air near a ledge on your opponent it will send them downward. I think @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit did something similar on me during our matches, though he used a neutral air instead.

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Up-air spike? Typo? Explain
Same deal as the other multihit spikes we've seen - Pika's fair, Sheik's uair, etc. Works with nair as well. Can also be done onstage if you land before the final hitbox (will drag the opponent to the ground), but I don't think it true combos into anything. Landing lag on both moves is too high.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hoping for more Palutena dittos tomorrow, especially if they can be recorded. And I'm still annoyed with the 3ds and that blasted circle pad. But I'd do a lot of things for video time. Sadly, I don't have a Wii U yet so it'll be a while til I can enter the HD world.

And I'm bored. >_<

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hoping for more Palutena dittos tomorrow, especially if they can be recorded. And I'm still annoyed with the 3ds and that blasted circle pad. But I'd do a lot of things for video time. Sadly, I don't have a Wii U yet so it'll be a while til I can enter the HD world.

And I'm bored. >_<
I can't stand the circle pad either. I try to use a tilt, but instead perform a smash attack, and get punished for doing so. D: I think I might have gotten too attached to the gamecube controller.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I can't stand the circle pad either. I try to use a tilt, but instead perform a smash attack, and get punished for doing so. D: I think I might have gotten too attached to the gamecube controller.
Coincidentally, when I want to do a Smash, I get F-tilt instead. Now sometimes I do want to do F-tilt, but I really don't often when you were at high percents. *pouts* My 3ds is already old as it is, so the circle pad was messing up quite early after a year or 2 of Uprising.
I guess I'm cursed when I wanted to have many know of my sweet Palutena and Pit. Did I mention how much I love doing Pit's reverse Side-B thing, or pivot Side-B to trick others?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Funny. I have the opposite problem with the circle Pad. I try to preform a Smash attack but preform a tilt instead. I miss the C-stick and octagonal padding the most, octagonal padding allows for a lot less mistakes and far more precision and I make so many mistake on the 3DS version that I make far less with a GCC controller.

@ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit I highly recomend you to condition yourself to use Dtilt over Ftilt if you are so inclined to use a tilt. As it is faster, has decent IASA frames, and sends at a better angle.Really. Avoid Ftilt, and Utilt, like the plague. You should never ever want to use Ftilt, seeing as Fsmash covers everything Ftilt does but better and you can at least get away with throwing out a Dtilt here and there. Utilt would be ok if Usmash doesn't exist, but both moves serve the same general purpose (anti-air) and Usmash is just superior in every way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ mimgrim mimgrim
I'm surely not stupid, and do use D-tilt much more. The only thing F-tilt does better than F-smash is cover spotdodgers, but yea, I know much of the stuff. We could use some Palutena battles, and I am not familiar with the IASA term. D: But like I said, I assure you I'm kinda tough in a way.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I never called you stupid...

IASA frames = Interrupt as soon as frames. It's basically being able to do any action out of the move before it actually finishes the whole animation.

Burigu

Smash Ace
WOW now I feel like an idiot for not figuring out that Warp Cancel works on platfforms too.....

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm officially done with the 3DS version. I'll be waiting for the Wii U version from here on out, and then I'll resume with Lady Palutena. ^_^

I'll have one more set of videos to post of my 3DS Palutena gameplay for you guys.
Right there with you. I still lab a lot but playing people is a hassle on that system. When Wii U drops, time to go hard with streaming/playing other people to level up Palutena.

Top Bottom