• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And the timing? When you touch the platform, before you touch it, or something?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You have to already be in the Lightweight state or the negative state it has.
Be standing on a platform.
Attempt to fall through the platform, I think this is the case.
Then really quickly, like you only have a couple of frames to do it I think, preform Lightweight while in the Lightweight state or negative state and she will preform the move again either resetting her time allowed to remain in Lightweight and putting her in the Lightweight state while still in the negative state.

That's the easiest I know how to explain it.

Djent

Smash Champion
I haven't been to this thread for a while but I have a quick question for all of you. How many of you here know already that you can basically use Lightweight indefinitely on platforms? What I mean is, do you all know already that even in the Lightweight state, or negative state the move has after it ends, you can use the move again on a platform with proper time (pressing and holding down then press Special button quickly after)? Just curious if this is already know as I accidentally came by it earlier.
I'm tempted to flag this post for abuse...of the rest of Smash 4's cast.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well Palutena, you've become so much better with these magical tricks. I'd best be ready to mix this with warp tricks. <3
Frequent Lightweight can be risky, but it may mean we can escape combos easier too, right?

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I guess since I've got her default moveset down I should move on to light weight and see what I can find. I wonder if there are other ways to activate infinite light weight. btw we should be careful with this so we don't get this custom banned.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
All stages with platforms are now Palutena's best friend if they weren't already. Need to continue practicing this so it can be done consistently without falling through the platform instead..

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm now having hard times choosing if I want Warp or Jump Glide to go with Lightweight. We'll find a way for our speedy Goddess to have fun.
And there's more Pit codecs up btw.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Dark Pit is an officer for the Forces of Nature

Sequel Hook Sequel Hook

Burigu

Smash Ace
I don't get why Viridi has the Lighting Chariot now, the last time it was seen was after Dark Pit saved Pit from Hades' body and it was Palutena how warped them both so in theory it should be at Skyworld I am wondering if this conversation is canon or more of a hint towards a new sequel, this night and day over all seems really interesting to us Kid Icarus fans but I won't be holding my breath on a sequel, Sakurai is most likely to be working in Smasn for a time.

I guess only time can tell, the fan in my call this a sequel hook but I have seen plenty of dreamers on the site being overly optimistic only to have their dreams crushed... also if indeed the franchise is to continue I expect Sakurai to direct it, don't get me wrong Nintendo has other capable directors but I don't want KI to be like Star Fox which got a little lackluster after Star Fox 64.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pit saying "wakka wakka wakka" was probably the funniest moment of these codecs so far.
Sakuari, I love you.
As for that tease, it's possible it could be a sequel hook, but I wouldn't get too excited until there's official confirmation.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I think the Lightweight bug is really potent, but pretty annoying to have to seek out a platform like a crack addict every 10 seconds. It's also wonky, unintuitive, and skews Palutena's stage preference. I'm hoping it gets patched. (No cocaine logic please)

It's also not amazing, it's not like you get to keep LW up 24/7 for free. Having to jump up on a platform and be vulnerable to refresh it is quite unsafe. It's just a really nice option, to be able to refresh it in many situations.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Dark Pit is an officer for the Forces of Nature

Sequel Hook Sequel Hook
Wasn't Pac-Man's thumbs up perfectly timed with the mention
that he's older than Mario?

And then at the end he scratches his head wondering
(why would I want to eat angel wings?).

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I want more codecs D:. Btw im liking light weight. It allows me to first get my opponents to 60 percent (for bowser and dk 90) and then go for early kills with light weight, but that's only when i'm at or below 50 percent or when im about to die anyway.

Djent

Smash Champion
I think the Lightweight bug is really potent, but pretty annoying to have to seek out a platform like a crack addict every 10 seconds. It's also wonky, unintuitive, and skews Palutena's stage preference. I'm hoping it gets patched. (No cocaine logic please)

It's also not amazing, it's not like you get to keep LW up 24/7 for free. Having to jump up on a platform and be vulnerable to refresh it is quite unsafe. It's just a really nice option, to be able to refresh it in many situations.
It might not make Lightweight that much more amazing than it already was, but LW was already borderline amazing, and I think this puts it over the border. If keeping it on all match is too hard, it's not like you have to. Normal and even cool-down Palutena are not without good options (Shaya made this point well in the Comp. Impressions thread).

Also, keep in mind that the bug only skews stage preference significantly if it's really good. Your arguments for its situationalness sort of undercut the worry about skewed stage preference (which honestly isn't that big a deal anyway, since this glitch can only make her better on some stages).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Was watching some more of the Codecs and Viridi apparently has a Crush on Link..

Sorry Viridi put Link already has Zelda :p

Also @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit "Metroid's" Codec is up (:4samus:'s)
Same video as Link's..
There are two posts with the video near the Bottom of The SSB4 Social Thread

(couldn't find where the video was located..)

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It might not make Lightweight that much more amazing than it already was, but LW was already borderline amazing, and I think this puts it over the border. If keeping it on all match is too hard, it's not like you have to. Normal and even cool-down Palutena are not without good options (Shaya made this point well in the Comp. Impressions thread).
Oh for sure, preaching to the pope. I think Palutena, and Lightweight, are fantastic. It's currently looking like I'll be a Palutena main.

Also, keep in mind that the bug only skews stage preference significantly if it's really good. Your arguments for its situationalness sort of undercut the worry about skewed stage preference (which honestly isn't that big a deal anyway, since this glitch can only make her better on some stages).
Right, the balance skew is not significant. It's just distasteful design, to have a move that works different on different stages. This is a bad bug that the game is better without.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I mean, to be clear, it's not that offensive or obnoxious as far as bugs go. I was just addressing the half-joking (I hope) cocaine logic of "This helps me win, so I hope it isn't patched!"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was disappointed in the Samus one. Though the "metroid" joke there, I was expecting Pit to fanboy towards him slightly due to the history between the 2 games.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Any chance I can meet up with some of you guys and get some help?

I'm trying to work with the new Lightweight stuff as well as the Super Speed stuff but the character is moving too fast for me to react to and it's killing my play with her as a result. I was fighting a friend of mine and couldn't even attack him because I couldn't react fast enough to my own character and that's so demoralizing. But I like the character too much to give up on her, so I'm really hoping I can get some help from those of you who are familiar with the Super Speed options and Lightweight.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want to main the character as she has a lot of fun things going on and she is the kind of character that won't get stale to play ever, but I just don't like playing her on the 3DS. I just feel to clunky, imprecise, and out of control with her on the 3DS controls. I'm really hopping, and betting that this will be the case, that the GCC controls make her feel better to play as. Q_Q

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The GCC controls will make any character better to use in a way. I'm now just using this version to practice, and play a bit of Smash Run or something, but Palutena is fun for sure, and takes skill to use (and not a top tier). That's my style.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
unfortunately the lag was sooo bad on the opponents side I couldn't use palutena. I couldn't even start fair pressure so I had to use projectiles. Basically I went through all three of my mains. Peach didn't work out the 3rd match because the lag came back and the last match was god awfully laggy so I used greninja.... btw Greninja,Peach, and Palutena go well together. Throws your opponent off after you use palutena.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Palutena is already looking to be high tier already and I honestly think she has the potential to reach top tier status eventually.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've made a video featuring all of Palutena's advanced tech's so far. I'll upload it soon. inb4 potato quality

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Can't wait until the wii u version comes out. I feel like palutena and peach will benefit the most from the c stick and ness.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Kinda boring. But it has everything.

Of course some things aren't as in depth.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And still I can't do the Super Speed one. I probably won't use that special much anyways.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
what is that teleport thing. oh geeze all that mobility with light weight looks absolutely crazy D:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We still gotta fight and get vids soon. I may or may not be up as I kinda stayed up all night again. Weird sleep habits FML. D:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
We still gotta fight and get vids soon. I may or may not be up as I kinda stayed up all night again. Weird sleep habits FML. D:
Yeah, let me know when your ready. I love ditto matches. I also like to do some with Pit too if you don't mind.

Top Bottom