• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I would really love to hear Viridi smack talk Pit during Palutena's Guidance.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I would really love to hear Viridi smack talk Pit during Palutena's Guidance.
Have you not seen the video "Smash Bros Wii U: All Palutena's Guidance Secret Conversations (Easter Egg)" on YouTube? Well, idk about smack talking but she does like, put him down sometimes. Come to think of it, why would Sakurai have Viridi talk at all when she's represented less than Phosphora or Magnus in Smash? It's his game I guess..

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Have you not seen the video "Smash Bros Wii U: All Palutena's Guidance Secret Conversations (Easter Egg)" on YouTube? Well, idk about smack talking but she does like, put him down sometimes. Come to think of it, why would Sakurai have Viridi talk at all when she's represented less than Phosphora or Magnus in Smash? It's his game I guess..
I have. I was just referring to her smack talking Pit as in, the are about to battle each other. This all being tied to her being playable that is. I still can't get over Dark Pit. I mean, I'm ok with clones, just as long as there is something that greatly separates them from their originals, like Dr. Mario. But Dark Pit only has 3 differences, being his standard B, side B, and final. I mean come on Sakurai, make him somewhat different. Heck, why not just give him Brawl Pit's moveset? I know that might cost more money, but still, give us something.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
I have. I was just referring to her smack talking Pit as in, the are about to battle each other. This all being tied to her being playable that is. I still can't get over Dark Pit. I mean, I'm ok with clones, just as long as there is something that greatly separates them from their originals, like Dr. Mario. But Dark Pit only has 3 differences, being his standard B, side B, and final. I mean come on Sakurai, make him somewhat different. Heck, why not just give him Brawl Pit's moveset? I know that might cost more money, but still, give us something.
Hmm idk about giving brawl pits moves to dark pit, I actually like Brawl Pit WAY better than the way he is now...But i guess thats better than just three different moves. Sakurai should have at least done SOMETHING. Oh well. We'll see what else he does with DLC.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

Lightning Chariot Base's arragement
I got a feeling me and my brother are going to be playing on that stage......a lot. Both me and my brother loved stages like Temple (Zelda) because things got pretty hectic when are percentages were high...

Burigu

Smash Ace
So for me it is only counting new remixes:

1. Destroyed Skyworld
2. Wrath of the Reset Bomb
3. In the Space Pirate Ship
4. Lighting Chariot Base: which I am surprised to put down In the Space Pirate Ship but after hearing Destroyed Skyworld, Lighting Chariot Base doesn't sound that great, we still need confirmation that In the Space Pirate Ship is in the WiiU version

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do miss Brawl Pit's defenses, but I like SSB4 Pit's improved range. Now if only he could actually kill, it'd be better.
And still up for the Palutena party one day.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Guys previously when Palutena did DACUS did she get a good amount of slide (especially when charging it?)
She did not.

Yeah.. butI just feel Like: Pit, Palutena, and then Dark Part seems too weird.... Like they just threw him in just to get three reps instead of adding a more unique character
That's kinda what happened, yeah. Dark Pit, Lucina, and Doctor Mario were all added specifically because of the minimal work they'd require to implement.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
All three clone characters were probably costumes at first but the team had time to instead turn them into actual characters but as clones so they wouldn't take that much time. Last minuet ideas basically. And we all know that is exactly what happened with Lucina, straight from Sakurai's mouth, and it is a reasonable conclusion to say that is what happened with the other 2. They didn't take any spot from a new unique character because they were last minute and were most likely added for just a little more padding.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Or they could've waited to release smash to add more interesting char..I wouldn't care. And now they're gonna release mewtwo?? That doesn't make any sense to me..

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
So then... You would rather just have three less characters in smash 4?

See kids, this is why we can't have nice things.
I meant, If they waited to release Smash they would have had more time to put the amount of characters they wanted to. Instead of just throwing 3 in and now a DLC character that takes until spring to release. (There's probably more DLC characters since it doesn't take that long to make ONE fighter).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Lightning Chariot Base remix is really good.

Too bad Destroyed Skyworld is leagues better.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

"Have you ever made a game."

It takes longer then you think.
That face on Sakurai though...

It's kinda funny though. I only really wanted two things from Smash 4.
1. Palutena playable. (Got her) :D
2. Mario's dark blue color palette from previous smash titles. (Got replaced) D:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yup. Besides, since I am updating my 3DS all of my replays will have to be deleted anyway, lol. But I got are matches covered.
If you're sure. I finally want great vids of me in action, and some that show me winning at least once. Let's just say a previous experience with a few jerks elsewhere... well, only my losses were recorded, and I hate that. I'm much better than is implied in those vids.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
If you're sure. I finally want great vids of me in action, and some that show me winning at least once. Let's just say a previous experience with a few jerks elsewhere... well, only my losses were recorded, and I hate that. I'm much better than is implied in those vids.
Alright, I'm ready. "Sorry to keep you waiting" ~ Pit

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Spent some time talking to a person who works @ Apex last night about customs (won't name names). Made the case for why even if customs are banned, Palutena should be allowed her customs.

I got something like a "I don't see why not. But Lightweight probably will get the ban in the process. We'll obviously talk about it."

I remain hopeful.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So we started at mid 7am, and stopped at 12pm. That's quite the marathon. We should take a break for now, and hope for the best.

As for my SDs... Well, being fancy has a big price, but I'm willing to do it to be a unique Palutena. I hope you enjoyed my good performances and fails for the day. Now our characters should rest in the hot springs, should we agree? My Pit and Palutena enjoy em.

...And now I feel crazy again.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
So we started at mid 7am, and stopped at 12pm. That's quite the marathon. We should take a break for now, and hope for the best.

As for my SDs... Well, being fancy has a big price, but I'm willing to do it to be a unique Palutena. I hope you enjoyed my good performances and fails for the day. Now our characters should rest in the hot springs, should we agree? My Pit and Palutena enjoy em.

...And now I feel crazy again.
That was some pretty insane performance. Had me sweating as usual. Now I will just strive to get better.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That was some pretty insane performance. Had me sweating as usual. Now I will just strive to get better.
Works for me. Hope we got some footage for the Palutena boards, and I may just have to experiment with different sets, too. You can tell my battle style changed a bit based on what stance or something that I'm in, including just sitting there and crouching, as if I was waiting, or angry with SHing. Stay strong as always, and may the light shine brighter!

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Works for me. Hope we got some footage for the Palutena boards, and I may just have to experiment with different sets, too. You can tell my battle style changed a bit based on what stance or something that I'm in, including just sitting there and crouching, as if I was waiting, or angry with SHing. Stay strong as always, and may the light shine brighter!
Yeah, I really need to break out of the habit of being too predictable. That's why I wanted to have these matches. Best to practice with someone at a higher level then you. Anyway, we got plenty of footage. Although almost 95% of it is just you destroying me, lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, I really need to break out of the habit of being too predictable. That's why I wanted to have these matches. Best to practice with someone at a higher level then you. Anyway, we got plenty of footage. Although almost 95% of it is just you destroying me, lol.
I believe jumping often after the D-throw F-air thing at low %s convinces me to B-air you, for a starter. Mix it up if you can. Alas, I appreciate your kindness and such. We must find more who'd want to join in on this, but the Wii U version is coming soon, and I'm still trying to find a decent price for one, or something. Can't wait to get one and get away from that accursed circle pad. :(

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I believe jumping often after the D-throw F-air thing at low %s convinces me to B-air you, for a starter. Mix it up if you can. Alas, I appreciate your kindness and such. We must find more who'd want to join in on this, but the Wii U version is coming soon, and I'm still trying to find a decent price for one, or something. Can't wait to get one and get away from that accursed circle pad. :(
I cannot tell you how many times I died because I want to use warp, but instead I hear "Reflect." D: I'm starting to think I might be too attached to the GameCube controller. It was the only thing the made my Smash go round.

In regards to the Wii U, do you think it's possible for you to try to get it on layaway? I know you are in desperate need for one, and the holidays are drawing near. From the sounds of things, you can get a Wii U sometime this year, but just not at the moment due to price correct? If that's the case, then I would recommend checking out any stores that do offer layaway on consoles, and checking their minimum up front payment. Then try to see if you can make that minimum price so you can get it on layaway before black Friday. This is just something I would do if I was in your position. Hope that helps, and good luck my friend.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I cannot tell you how many times I died because I want to use warp, but instead I hear "Reflect." D: I'm starting to think I might be too attached to the GameCube controller. It was the only thing the made my Smash go round.

In regards to the Wii U, do you think it's possible for you to try to get it on layaway? I know you are in desperate need for one, and the holidays are drawing near. From the sounds of things, you can get a Wii U sometime this year, but just not at the moment due to price correct? If that's the case, then I would recommend checking out any stores that do offer layaway on consoles, and checking their minimum up front payment. Then try to see if you can make that minimum price so you can get it on layaway before black Friday. This is just something I would do if I was in your position. Hope that helps, and good luck my friend.
We both die when we wanted to use Warp instead of Reflect, and believe me when I say it hurts. D: We both think alike on the GCC thing.

Layaway...? What is that? All I need to do is tell my parents the price of the thing, and they'll decide to get it early or later. And thanks for the best of help and wishes. D: I hope it's worth it all though.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
We both die when we wanted to use Warp instead of Reflect, and believe me when I say it hurts. D: We both think alike on the GCC thing.

Layaway...? What is that? All I need to do is tell my parents the price of the thing, and they'll decide to get it early or later. And thanks for the best of help and wishes. D: I hope it's worth it all though.
Layaway is pretty much a program certain stores do for people who want to buy a product, but don't have full money for it. It's really great during the holidays when you know a certain product may sell out. Though, you will have to put money down on it, sorta like a pre order, however each store's first down payments may vary. Oh yeah and that's another thing, you have to make payments on it until the product is paid off, and you won't get the product until it's paid off. You can also work on a payment plan as well. So let's say you and your parents found a Wii U for $300. Well instead of paying $300 up front, you can put it on layaway for probably $25 to $50. Then afterwards, your parents could just keep paying until they reach $300, and then the Wii U is your's. Or, if they have the rest of the money they could just finish it off. The overall benefit in doing this is so that it guarantees you a copy. You could also do this with Smash too.

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think we should use customs to buff characters that are on the weak so they can fight higher tiers. Those above a certain tier dont get customs or each character can have one default and one set custom made by the community.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Customs should be allowed for all character or not allowed for any characters, Miis can be solved by enforcing 1111 movesets onto them if it becomes no customs, with no in between. Any in between between customs being legal or not is completely arbitrary and will come to the point of "where is the line drawn?".

Djent

Smash Champion
Agreed. As much as I want customs @ Apex, I don't think Palutena alone should have them. I also think setting a precedent for banning LW exclusively will lead people to falsely view it as broken (it isn't). The simplest, easiest to enforce rules are "Customs ON" and "Customs OFF."

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Customs should be allowed for all character or not allowed for any characters, Miis can be solved by enforcing 1111 movesets onto them if it becomes no customs, with no in between. Any in between between customs being legal or not is completely arbitrary and will come to the point of "where is the line drawn?".
I think each character should have two variants. I mean we have extra moves we could have the community come up with second presets for each character. then again it would double the amount of match ups though so it might not be a good idea.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Then you get arguments about what moves that character should be allowed in those 2 variants. Not to mention it is still arbitrary. Why is set A of customs better then set B of customs? You will not have a valid answer for that question as any answer to it will be along the lines of something stupid like "this set of moves is better for competitive play then this set of moves because of arbitrary reason X". The only reason a single custom move should not be allowed is because it game breaking, not broken, but literally game breaking. In that it somehow makes the game unplayable for one or more players.

There is no way to do custom moves other "put them on" or "put them off" that is simple and isn't completely arbitrary.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Then you get arguments about what moves that character should be allowed in those 2 variants. Not to mention it is still arbitrary. Why is set A of customs better then set B of customs? You will not have a valid answer for that question as any answer to it will be along the lines of something stupid like "this set of moves is better for competitive play then this set of moves because of arbitrary reason X". The only reason a single custom move should not be allowed is because it game breaking, not broken, but literally game breaking. In that it somehow makes the game unplayable for one or more players.

There is no way to do custom moves other "put them on" or "put them off" that is simple and isn't completely arbitrary.
That's not the only reason as well. A big reason other then the arguing is that it would also bring the topic of too many match ups. nearly 100 match ups would be too much.

Top Bottom