• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
So Palutena might have a good aggressive and zoning game (Her dash attack is little mac caliber if you ask me) but now that I'm really looking at her I can't help but notice she doesn't have any particular strong kill moves. It's fantastic she has dair for spiking and I know uair can kill but I can't remember a time beside landing a uair near the top of the screen where Palutena has killed normally before 120%.

I haven't look deeply into her killing powers yet but that could prevent her from being high tier.
All of her aerials kill except for FAir. BAir is by far the strongest aerial kill move.

Also, some cool stuff I tested out earlier

-I'm sure everyone is aware of the multi hitting move spikes, like the Greninja and MK video's. Palutena has this in both Uair (can be used to similar effect to Greninja's Uair, though spacing the spiking portion to hit without the finisher is very hard) and Nair (this one is much less useful). Both are pretty much located throughout the move up until the point where it ends. For best effect, land the 2nd last hit it seems
-Down Throw is amazing. This might of been said before, but you can combo Fair, Uair (Dthrow Uair is a REALLY good kill option), Nair and Bair. Hitting the Bair is REALLY tough though, you basically have to dash forward and instantly RAR the aerial for it to combo. When you do though, it's 17% of pure bliss that can lead to an edge guard/gimp. Sadly, Dair I could never get to be a true combo no matter how hard I tried
-Speaking of Down Throw, something I've been trying is this nifty little string at low percents
Down Throw>FF Fair>Jab>Regrab>Down Throw>FF Fair>Jab (This ones really tough to hit, probably easier to just dash grab)>Regrab>Down Throw>Bair.

Any Dthrow to Aerial is a true combo, but the rest is all string based. Feels so good to get it though. Look forward to testing it out more when I have two copies on hand.

Good to know with Up Air. This explains why with Super Speed I was able to pull people off ledges with proper spacing. I was probably spiking them and sucking them downwards.

Down Throw sends them slightly up and in front of you at almost every percentage, allowing for the follow ups you stated. I remember around 150 it gets to be much higher knockback but up until then, you can pretty much get the same followups no matter what. It's her best throw for sure.

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So Palutena might have a good aggressive and zoning game (Her dash attack is little mac caliber if you ask me) but now that I'm really looking at her I can't help but notice she doesn't have any particular strong kill moves. It's fantastic she has dair for spiking and I know uair can kill but I can't remember a time beside landing a uair near the top of the screen where Palutena has killed normally before 120%.

I haven't look deeply into her killing powers yet but that could prevent her from being high tier.
Palutena has good killing power, it's just that moves stale a lot in this game so you have to save them until the opponent is at the right percent. Her fsmash is her strongest kill move, then she has her upsmash, dsmash, upair, bair (off-stage) and of course her dair spike. Uptilt will also kill at higher percents (around 160%).

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Them Palutena combos. It's gonna be fun. Do tell me more sometime.

And it's good to know about her kill moves. I gotta figure out the right control setup I want (tap jump on or off), practice a bit, and I'll be set. With her fun customs, it'll take some time to get used to her, but I'm sure a dedicated player will make Palutena one heavenly force to be reckoned with. <3

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Also, some cool stuff I tested out earlier

-I'm sure everyone is aware of the multi hitting move spikes, like the Greninja and MK video's. Palutena has this in both Uair (can be used to similar effect to Greninja's Uair, though spacing the spiking portion to hit without the finisher is very hard) and Nair (this one is much less useful). Both are pretty much located throughout the move up until the point where it ends. For best effect, land the 2nd last hit it seems
-Down Throw is amazing. This might of been said before, but you can combo Fair, Uair (Dthrow Uair is a REALLY good kill option), Nair and Bair. Hitting the Bair is REALLY tough though, you basically have to dash forward and instantly RAR the aerial for it to combo. When you do though, it's 17% of pure bliss that can lead to an edge guard/gimp. Sadly, Dair I could never get to be a true combo no matter how hard I tried
-Speaking of Down Throw, something I've been trying is this nifty little string at low percents
Down Throw>FF Fair>Jab>Regrab>Down Throw>FF Fair>Jab (This ones really tough to hit, probably easier to just dash grab)>Regrab>Down Throw>Bair.

Any Dthrow to Aerial is a true combo, but the rest is all string based. Feels so good to get it though. Look forward to testing it out more when I have two copies on hand.
Very interesting little notes, especially about Palutena nair because I haven't realize it had a finisher so it could be abuse this way. Something really funny though when I first read your post I was nodding my head in agreement about how nair could be less useful and then I watch this and at 2:33 I just paused. Aerolink responded quickly and if his opponent didn't panic and double jump he would of most likely landed his fsmash however if he did as you suggested and jab he could of follow it up and begin the combo. The reason this 'might' be pick over FF fair though is for when they DI towards you, making it so only nair,bair,uair could still hit.

Just thought it was interesting... It's amazing what you don't see when you don't know what to look for.

edit: When you get the chance try forcing the spike without having to touch the ground, if you can get good at it you may greatly increase Palutena combo powers.

Edit: Or better yet just test dthrow, nair/spike, jab, dthrow, nair/spke, and march across the stage. I have a strong feeling after 3 or 4 throw the dthrow will be greatly decayed and you could potentially follow it up with something like a run up usmash or the very least a dash attack.... Or maybe super speed into whatever... oh the theory craft is strong.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Very interesting little notes, especially about Palutena nair because I haven't realize it had a finisher so it could be abuse this way. Something really funny though when I first read your post I was nodding my head in agreement about how nair could be less useful and then I watch this and at 2:33 I just paused. Aerolink responded quickly and if his opponent didn't panic and double jump he would of most likely landed his fsmash however if he did as you suggested and jab he could of follow it up and begin the combo. The reason this 'might' be pick over FF fair though is for when they DI towards you, making it so only nair,bair,uair could still hit.

Just thought it was interesting... It's amazing what you don't see when you don't know what to look for.

edit: When you get the chance try forcing the spike without having to touch the ground, if you can get good at it you may greatly increase Palutena combo powers.

Edit: Or better yet just test dthrow, nair/spike, jab, dthrow, nair/spke, and march across the stage. I have a strong feeling after 3 or 4 throw the dthrow will be greatly decayed and you could potentially follow it up with something like a run up usmash or the very least a dash attack.... Or maybe super speed into whatever... oh the theory craft is strong.
You can actually reliably do the Uair spike off a Down Throw (as well as the Nair one, though bit tougher). However, the hitstun from it is to weak for a guranteed follow up. They can roll away or even grab you first.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Palutena has good killing power, it's just that moves stale a lot in this game so you have to save them until the opponent is at the right percent. Her fsmash is her strongest kill move, then she has her upsmash, dsmash, upair, bair (off-stage) and of course her dair spike. Uptilt will also kill at higher percents (around 160%).
Her upsmash is IMO the strongest. I have seen it kill fairly low with a little charge.

And yes she has some killing moves.. but they are not awesome and are very unsafe to connect because they have some good wind up lag and lag after it...for ex Fmash. With Speedy characters you will have to seriously outsmart them to be able to connect said moves.... while they just can spam spam spam spam after you are in 100+ to kill you with quick and reliable finishers. EX of this is little mac who is waaaay too strong on ground in comparison to palutena , to be able to be beaten easily. He needs forcefully to be gimped, or it seem youll face an uphill battle against a mac who knows whats he is doing.

In the battle aerolink posted it seemed to be this way... but like someone said, maybe it also was the result of extreme cautiousness from aerolink´s part. I dont blame him tho, as that mac was being smart in his moves.. but well maybe something can be figured out. Maybe working a little more with tilts and custom moves to surprise mac or speedy chars?. I feel that reticule spam from neutral position is risky business against this characters, so maybe this is where super speed and glide could come into equation.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I think Sheik is manageable for Palutena, but Little Mac makes my brain hurt; if I can learn to consistently gimp him, it should be doable. I know I do get opportunities, so it's a matter of execution.
Yeh i think that too. And the fact he is sooo gimpeable gives some good options. Sadly in that match u were not able to find much opportunities to gimp him...an the stage being so small for him to cover every inch of it didnt helped either.

Counter would have helped too i think? He was being very aggresive. Maybe a more aggresive gimping game?

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
You can actually reliably do the Uair spike off a Down Throw (as well as the Nair one, though bit tougher). However, the hitstun from it is to weak for a guranteed follow up. They can roll away or even grab you first.
Interesting, however are you not able to follow up from this? By that I mean, predict their roll and grab or punish accordingly. Or does the Uair/Nair have to much lag on landing that you are the one being punished?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

Yup, i feel this will develop into interesting strings against different characters. I always have been a fan of that Nair snce the palutena reveal trailer. ill try to include it as much as i can in my game.

Also we need to consider that all of thisis being done in 3ds pads... when the Wiiu version and C sticks become available, a whole new thing could be unleashed with csticked aerials.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Her upsmash is IMO the strongest. I have seen it kill fairly low with a little charge.

And yes she has some killing moves.. but they are not awesome and are very unsafe to connect because they have some good wind up lag and lag after it...for ex Fmash. With Speedy characters you will have to seriously outsmart them to be able to connect said moves.... while they just can spam spam spam spam after you are in 100+ to kill you with quick and reliable finishers. EX of this is little mac who is waaaay too strong on ground in comparison to palutena , to be able to be beaten easily. He needs forcefully to be gimped, or it seem youll face an uphill battle against a mac who knows whats he is doing.

In the battle aerolink posted it seemed to be this way... but like someone said, maybe it also was the result of extreme cautiousness from aerolink´s part. I dont blame him tho, as that mac was being smart in his moves.. but well maybe something can be figured out. Maybe working a little more with tilts and custom moves to surprise mac or speedy chars?. I feel that reticule spam from neutral position is risky business against this characters, so maybe this is where super speed and glide could come into equation.

Yeh i thunk that too. And the fact he is sooo gimpeable gives some good options. Sadly in that match u were not able to find much opportunities to gimp him...an the stage being so small for him to cover every inch of it didnt helped either.
From my notes the other week, I got both Up Smash and FSmash to kill at the same percentages. I'm going to give the nod to Up Smash though as it has 3% higher base damage and only 1% less damage uncharged.

BAir is still a strong finisher. It's almost a carbon copy of Falcon's BAir. NAir & Up Air also are fine kill moves that aren't even that laggy. If you mean kill moves on the ground, yeah, she doesn't really have any. Most of her moves on the ground are pretty bleh to be honest. She's the opposite of Mac honestly.

If I recall, Aerolink's local doesn't allow customs which is a shame because Fireworks shuts down people who are too aggressive. Full Body Invunerable launcher out of shield is a very strong get off me option that they have to respect.

If I recall correctly, he kept using Back as his throw of choice which does not send opponents too far. I would focus in that case on DThrow for options or FThrow to send them flying. Even if it's not off stage, it establishes full screen and gives you a lot of breathing room.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
From my notes the other week, I got both Up Smash and FSmash to kill at the same percentages. I'm going to give the nod to Up Smash though as it has 3% higher base damage and only 1% less damage uncharged.

BAir is still a strong finisher. It's almost a carbon copy of Falcon's BAir. NAir & Up Air also are fine kill moves that aren't even that laggy. If you mean kill moves on the ground, yeah, she doesn't really have any. Most of her moves on the ground are pretty bleh to be honest. She's the opposite of Mac honestly.

If I recall, Aerolink's local doesn't allow customs which is a shame because Fireworks shuts down people who are too aggressive. Full Body Invunerable launcher out of shield is a very strong get off me option that they have to respect.

If I recall correctly, he kept using Back as his throw of choice which does not send opponents too far. I would focus in that case on DThrow for options or FThrow to send them flying. Even if it's not off stage, it establishes full screen and gives you a lot of breathing room.
Yep, definitely it can be worked out. Also the smart use of counter could throw a good mix.

Is fireworks any good outside of the super armor?. In the ninjalink video they really crapped on it..and i cannot see much use. Contrary to aerloink, the mac was actively using the counter when coming from the air, or to break follow ups by aerolink

BTW, Little macs killing potential is simply ridiculous. He killed palutenas last stock with a counter at 74%, and killed her on the other side of te stage, i mean wtf.

Also,, i think his "KO" special move mechanic will generate problems.. IMO is an excessive skill he shouldnt have...even when he is a gimpeable character, he by no mean lacks killing moves. This KO thing is overkill.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Yep, definitely it can be worked out. Also the smart use of counter could throw a good mix.

Is fireworks any good outside of the super armor?. In the ninjalink video they really crapped on it..and i cannot see much use. Contrary to aerloink, the mac was actively using the counter when coming from the air, or to break follow ups by aerolink

BTW, Little macs killing potential is simply ridiculous. He killed palutenas last stock with a counter at 74%, and killed her on the other side of te stage, i mean wtf.

Also,, i think his "KO" special move mechanic will generate problems.. IMO is an excessive skill he shouldnt have...even when he is a gimpeable character, he by no mean lacks killing moves. This KO thing is overkill.
Crapped on it in the NinjaLink video?

I'm the one talking about it in the NinjaLink video! lol I have nothing but praise for the move. It's a full body invulnerable anti-air/anti pressure option. It can almost be spammed in the air. It kills off the top in the high 90s/low 100s. It's easily one of the best moves she has, and it's why I play it in most matchups. I admit we didn't really go full indepth in that video on the options it has but trust me when I say it's strong... more so defensively on the ground, offensively in the air.

And yes, Mac's KO power is ridiculous. I have been one of the people for the last 3 weeks saying I think he's a contender for top tier but everyone kept saying "Ain't no air fighter Mac" and "Crappy recover. Can't be good." You have to respect the fact that his Jab is probably the best in the game and is capable of dealing almost 30% if it lands. DTilt leads into many high damaging combos from Mac so you must respect it. At higher percents, getting DTilt'd probably means you die from an F Tilt or a Jump Nair into Up B to KO you off the top.

KO Punch has a lot of pros and cons. For starters, it is UNBLOCKABLE and comes out in like... ~3 frames? If he whiffs it though, you can pretty much hit him with anything, even a Smash. Little Mac loses KO punch after 12 seconds if he doesn't use it. Little Mac also loses KO punch after being hit a certain amount of times. Simply grabbing him, down throwing him, and landing any aerial will force him to drop the KO punch.

The game is new so people haven't figured out how to deal with all of that yet...nor has anyone developed a solid punish game. Mac has some options that can really be punished hard and people aren't abusing that...so of course Mac will see a ton of success. He's low risk/execution, high reward. Compare that to someone like Olimar, Shulk or even to some extent Palutena and you'll see why he's doing well in tournaments (just like Sheik and Bowser). Give it time.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Crapped on it in the NinjaLink video?

I'm the one talking about it in the NinjaLink video! lol I have nothing but praise for the move. It's a full body invulnerable anti-air/anti pressure option. It can almost be spammed in the air. It kills off the top in the high 90s/low 100s. It's easily one of the best moves she has, and it's why I play it in most matchups. I admit we didn't really go full indepth in that video on the options it has but trust me when I say it's strong... more so defensively on the ground, offensively in the air.

And yes, Mac's KO power is ridiculous. I have been one of the people for the last 3 weeks saying I think he's a contender for top tier but everyone kept saying "Ain't no air fighter Mac" and "Crappy recover. Can't be good." You have to respect the fact that his Jab is probably the best in the game and is capable of dealing almost 30% if it lands. DTilt leads into many high damaging combos from Mac so you must respect it. At higher percents, getting DTilt'd probably means you die from an F Tilt or a Jump Nair into Up B to KO you off the top.

KO Punch has a lot of pros and cons. For starters, it is UNBLOCKABLE and comes out in like... ~3 frames? If he whiffs it though, you can pretty much hit him with anything, even a Smash. Little Mac loses KO punch after 12 seconds if he doesn't use it. Little Mac also loses KO punch after being hit a certain amount of times. Simply grabbing him, down throwing him, and landing any aerial will force him to drop the KO punch.

The game is new so people haven't figured out how to deal with all of that yet...nor has anyone developed a solid punish game. Mac has some options that can really be punished hard and people aren't abusing that...so of course Mac will see a ton of success. He's low risk/execution, high reward. Compare that to someone like Olimar, Shulk or even to some extent Palutena and you'll see why he's doing well in tournaments (just like Sheik and Bowser). Give it time.
lol.
I can swear i heard those guys,, well maybe you? lol i dont know. Saying that they saw no use for that move and they would pretty much skip it. In fact i thunk it was not showcased much. I could be wrong tho.. i saw that videos days ago.

Or since im not enlgish native, who knows what i heard XD. Illcheck it again when i get home.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Interesting, however are you not able to follow up from this? By that I mean, predict their roll and grab or punish accordingly. Or does the Uair/Nair have to much lag on landing that you are the one being punished?
Hard to know without a proper way to test frames. Seems to be about 50/50 though.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
If anything we were talking about what the move did in the Kid Icarus game not what it does here.
ok something is fishy here... i just cheked your chanel and saw the video part of the fireworks... and im almost sure is not the video i saw. The one i saw the players barely used the skill and changed it... in this one you 2 go into detail about it and showcased things i was not aware of.

It must be a mistake on my partr

Tristan_win

Not dead.
ok something is fishy here... i just cheked your chanel and saw the video part of the fireworks... and im almost sure is not the video i saw. The one i saw the players barely used the skill and changed it... in this one you 2 go into detail about it and showcased things i was not aware of.

It must be a mistake on my partr

To my knowledge there's only two indepth Palutena videos floating around
Ninjalink and D1's

Edit:

So, why do we use Ftilt when jab can combo, muti hit, is faster and it's last hit has equal or greater range?

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
To my knowledge there's only two indepth Palutena videos floating around
Ninjalink and D1's

Edit:

So, why do we use Ftilt when jab can combo, muti hit, is faster and it's last hit has equal or greater range?
That's... actually surprising.

I didn't think Ftilt was a great move but that range on that last hit of jab is ... interesting.

I just remember whiffing it once and getting punished for the animation where she swings her staff upwards so I assumed that only the first hit was worthwhile.

This merits testing.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This is the character evaluation that is based on the development in shortly after you have released. In addition, since the personnel is limited evaluation group, I thought of course variation in the future.
Nevertheless, we publish to value that is not fastened to each person to announce on Twitter Chara rank, express an opinion in a formal page. I'd appreciate it if Tsunagare to the activation of the discussion.

That's from the last part of that stupid tier list. This is why I say players should wait 6 months or longer before making one. It's bad enough it's strictly for lame offline tourneys, and we know Palutena's much better than what they're making her out to be, especially when and if customs are legal.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
This is good to know, I did not know the move had so much range. Could it even be used for zoning? Hm, maybe. Still could get punished in the end animation I believe, it seems to lag a bit on that gif.

https://game8.jp/matome/14157

That feel when your character is the worst one in the game
Do not trust tier lists so early in the metagame. Things can shift really fast. Additionally, tier lists are made after careful observations, tournament results, % of play, etc. Honestly, tier lists this early seem more like personal opinions or the personal opinions of a few people.

In tournament matches, there is also the factor of personal understanding of a character. The same with match up experience, and people knowing their opponents character. I mean look at Amsa on the recent major Melee tournaments. His Yoshi proves things are not always what they seem.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
With all this interesting discussion I am feeling a little out of place right now, I can't test anything until I get the game. I want to try all of these convos first hand to get a better picture.

On a side note there are tier list already? people move fast, maybe too fast I guess that characters that are harder to master are labeled quickly as low tier because people haven't figured out how to properly use them, Palutena specially seems tricky to learn, I will give me best shot with her, my mains haven't changed since Melee so she is the first original character since Melee I am trying to master. I am sorry my post isn't really helpful or contributing to an interesting feedback but right now I am like a sitting duck

Fairycancel

Smash Rookie
With all this interesting discussion I am feeling a little out of place right now, I can't test anything until I get the game. I want to try all of these convos first hand to get a better picture.

On a side note there are tier list already? people move fast, maybe too fast I guess that characters that are harder to master are labeled quickly as low tier because people haven't figured out how to properly use them, Palutena specially seems tricky to learn, I will give me best shot with her, my mains haven't changed since Melee so she is the first original character since Melee I am trying to master. I am sorry my post isn't really helpful or contributing to an interesting feedback but right now I am like a sitting duck

I think she have a lot of potential with her custom moves. Certainly seems like a character that is hard to control.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Soon just 1 more day until the national release in US and Europe!!!!
Can't be just more stoked, Palutena is just about close into our hands. :4dedede:

Also, that Jab can have a lot of uses with that range on end-hit. Fascinating.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A weird question, but when we do get the game or if we have data already, can we have a list of which FD stages allow characters to go under them? I'm guessing Palutena will be better on the ones that allow players to go under the stage (like Battlefield), especially if we use the Super Speed/Jump Glide thing that was shown on NinjaLink's vid. As for the other versions that are straight like a wall, I think that only if she has Warp will she be better on those kinda stages, even though some characters will be better on those FD variations (see wall cling and jump characters).
I know it seems minor, but it can actually be helpful as time goes by.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
https://game8.jp/matome/14157

That feel when your character is the worst one in the game
I view tiers in the same way I view other people's children:

A fun novelty that probably serves a purpose, but I don't know what it is, don't have any use for, don't particularly want myself and can live just fine without.

Forced and bizarre metaphor aside, I don't personally believe in the relevance or importance of tier lists. Sure, it quantifies the statistical qualia of the game's roster, but really, what's the point in using that as a reference point for the intrinsic qualitative worth of a character?

If you like a character, you like them for who they are, not what they represent. Don't be upset or ashamed that your favourite character is low-tier - it just means that you're self-confident and innately sensible enough to stick to your guns and do what you want to do, regardless of what others might say and think about you.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Even though I'm the one who pointed out she can go under stages, it isn't really useful unless you're trying to wait out invincibility at the start of a stock.

If I had a stage list in front of me, I could probably recall which stages have forms you can go under. Off the top of my head: Battlefield, FD, Mute City, Magicant, Brinstar you definitely can.

Dream Land, Balloon Fight, Boxing Ring, Wily's Castle, Green Hill Zone you cannot.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Even though I'm the one who pointed out she can go under stages, it isn't really useful unless you're trying to wait out invincibility at the start of a stock.

If I had a stage list in front of me, I could probably recall which stages have forms you can go under. Off the top of my head: Battlefield, FD, Mute City, Magicant, Brinstar you definitely can.

Dream Land, Balloon Fight, Boxing Ring, Wily's Castle, Green Hill Zone you cannot.
....What if when you grab a different ledge you would get more invincibility frames and you could repeat the process... Depending on how the game was program it could be a thing... I hope it isn't.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
....What if when you grab a different ledge you would get more invincibility frames and you could repeat the process...
funnily enough, this is one of the first things m2k tested, and no, you can't. You have to touch the stage to get any sort of invincibility.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Just dropping in to say hello everyone! I've been playing the Japanese version for the past two weeks, but plan on picking up the US version on Friday as well. I used to main Peach in Melee and Brawl but decided to switch over to Palutena this time around!

Hope to get along with everyone here!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Welcome to the heavenly field of Skyworld, @ KOS-MOS KOS-MOS ! *uses Celestial Fireworks*

I wonder what your impression of how interesting the Goddess of Light is to you.

Last edited:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks!

I'm really liking Palutena so far!

I'm still trying to figure out when I should be using her tilts and smashes. I know that d-smash is really good for beating people who like to roll a lot. Her jab, as mentioned before, is really good. Everything else I'm still messing around with.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Just dropping in to say hello everyone! I've been playing the Japanese version for the past two weeks, but plan on picking up the US version on Friday as well. I used to main Peach in Melee and Brawl but decided to switch over to Palutena this time around!

Welcome! I am new to the Palutena boards as well and everyone here has been incredibly friendly! I'm sure you will like it here.

Since you have had access to the game I'll ask you a question! Can you put messages on your taunts online like in Brawl? If so, I am definitely putting Maxwell's equations as taunts and cycling through them after the KO.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210

Welcome friend! Pleasure to have you aboard!

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Welcome! I am new to the Palutena boards as well and everyone here has been incredibly friendly! I'm sure you will like it here.

Since you have had access to the game I'll ask you a question! Can you put messages on your taunts online like in Brawl? If so, I am definitely putting Maxwell's equations as taunts and cycling through them after the KO.
Yes you can. On all 4 taunts. (Well realistically 3 but you know what I mean.)

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm in the same boat as Burigu. Feels like I'm missing out on a lot going on here but I can't take discussion and moveset things seriously without having a take on the character myself.

Also, lol on that tier list. Sure, like Japan already figured **** out just like that within weeks. Palutena being at the bottom is only a harsh reminder that a lot of us haven't gotten to her yet.

Top Bottom