• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I just stack my best option for each type unless I've got a high-value piece with a trivial negative augment (no respawn invincibility, reduced walk speed, etc), in which case I use that instead. I've not found positive augments to be worth much in Classic as a rule, and I don't have any good ones that Palutena can use anyway. My Palutena is currently 51/24/26, and I could easily do better for attack and defense items if the damn things would ever drop. The speed equip isn't half bad though, +60/-6 with a no respawn invincibility augment.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
I'm a fan of Palette 8, The Dark Purple outfit.

Ready to level up my gameplay this Sunday in Georgia though, if possible I'd like to get some matches recorded for the sake of critique.
If your going to a tournament sunday. I'm sure my friend Gadiel can help you out with anything Palutena related ^.^

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If your going to a tournament sunday. I'm sure my friend Gadiel can help you out with anything Palutena related ^.^
I'm sure we'll be doing some friendlies and I certainly wouldn't mind a new cd if they've released another one from his church group

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
At higher percents, do you think it's better to pummel after grab for extra damage or d-throw quickly to minimize chances of the throw being DI'd?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It depends on the character if you ask me. Some have easier chances of avoiding followups *glares at Luigi*. For pummels, I'd say 1 when they're at 40-70%, and 2 for 90%+ roughly. But like I said first, it depends on the character, and some will be harder to connect with. We'll need data on it in the future.

Burigu

Smash Ace
3. If your opponent knows how to properly airdodge and vector

Hope this helps!
Just to point out Vectoring seems to be removed for 1.0.4 patch and DI is back
IMO:

B: Pandora, black
I know the following is not really relevant but Blue Palutena isn't based on Pandora:
Pandora's outfit is light blue with lots of purple details, while Palutena's is of a darker blue and doesn't have purple motifs, if this outfit was to be based on Pandora then the dress should be light blue with purple in some parts. even the orb in her staff is not purple but violet

For clear evidence Viridi's and Medusa's dress actually come really close to what they are trying to represent, but this blue is just a blue outfit.

I will always prefer Original White Dress by the way.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Palutena's at Apex???

does everyones local scene allow customs or something?
all i hear about on this board is talk about her customs
my local scene does not allow the use of customs
so i never really studied hers...

Last edited:

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I usually just go ZSS if customs are banned.

Pandora's outfit is light blue with lots of purple details, while Palutena's is of a darker blue and doesn't have purple motifs, if this outfit was to be based on Pandora then the dress should be light blue with purple in some parts. even the orb in her staff is not purple but violet
Hmm... True. They should've done more with that, and the black dress. The Viridi and Medusa alts are just too good to leave that sort of potential unused on the other two.

Last edited:

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
Palutena's at Apex???

does everyones local scene allow customs or something?
all i hear about on this board is talk about her customs
my local scene does not allow the use of customs
so i never really studied hers...
Our local scene also does not allow customs. I also have not touched her customs AT ALL either =\

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Our local scene also does not allow customs. I also have not touched her customs AT ALL either =\
You needs to try customs from time to time. Whenever or wherever there eventually become available, you'll be prepared. D: I'm sad many places don't allow customs though. D:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<- Will be at Apex. Local scene is throwing a custom moves allowed tournament on the 13th so I'll probably do a bit of experimenting with them. I'm pretty comfortable with the defaults though and feel Id be more prepd for Apex is I just stayed with the default.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Awesome man!
lets get a meet up going
that would be heavenly ;)

how do you do in your local scene?
i'd say im 2nd best here only losing to
X the sonic

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
Awesome man!
lets get a meet up going

X the sonic
From Georgia ^.^

I honestly don't know how good I am since saturday will be my first WiiU tournament (I have VASTLY improved with gamecube controller). I've gotten the opprotunity to play some of my scenes good players though and they say I should do very well. I think a couple of people like Reflex might show up to it. So we'll see

I'll link Stream VOD when / IF I get on stream and try to show off the Goddess ^.^

Last edited:

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
You needs to try customs from time to time. Whenever or wherever there eventually become available, you'll be prepared. D: I'm sad many places don't allow customs though. D:
I'll probably mess around with them sooner or later just in case. They look like alot of fun but I personally think the only one i'd change is Auto reticule. Maybe reflect on certain matchups O.O

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awesome man!
lets get a meet up going

X the sonic
Still trying to break that average player skill ceiling, so I'm pretty much just below PR level. Though I've got 3 tournaments starting from the 7th till the 14th that'll give me some time to put out some results and practice a bit before KiT and Apex.

And a meetup sounds pretty cool, hope a lot of Palu's make it to Apex~

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey guys, will be going to my first tournament in 6 years.

It's on my school campus, just a few minutes away.

http://www.twitch.tv/jolteontrainer

Will be playing Palutena of course! It's a local so the level of play overall shouldn't be that high, I may actually go deep. Hope I can get streamed as much as possible, or maybe if I can i will try to cast some games too X). There are some high level players coming as well, but maybe I can grab Ro8 at least for fun. Maybe 5th place and win $15? xD

Edit: Damnit nevermind, got knocked out :( almost made it out of pools. Turned out there's 53 players and randomly a bunch of good players like anther and lain showed up

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
During the next 2 weeks ill try to upload some vidoes for you guys to help me. Im trying to beat a friend of mine who is annoying as *** with Villager and Shulk specially. Need some good advices..
Shulk just zones me with his aggresivity..and villager get thos KOs out of nowhere is so annoying. On the other hand, i have to work like a madman for kills with palutena.

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Hey guys, will be going to my first tournament in 6 years.

It's on my school campus, just a few minutes away.

http://www.twitch.tv/jolteontrainer

Will be playing Palutena of course! It's a local so the level of play overall shouldn't be that high, I may actually go deep. Hope I can get streamed as much as possible, or maybe if I can i will try to cast some games too X). There are some high level players coming as well, but maybe I can grab Ro8 at least for fun. Maybe 5th place and win $15? xD

Edit: Damnit nevermind, got knocked out :( almost made it out of pools. Turned out there's 53 players and randomly a bunch of good players like anther and lain showed up
a little late but i hope you did good! :)

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
So I didn't make it out of pools (top 2 advance), and one of the guys who barely beat me got all the way to 4th out of 53 people. The other guy who beat me I was also very close to beating, he got placed ~15th.

I think it's interesting seeing who within my pool beat who and by how much. A weak player I beat very easily 2-0, but he somehow went 2-1 against the people I lost to. I lost 0-2 to the 2 other players, but all close games. One grab or uair or smash away from winning.

I guess overall from this I can conclude that I may be good at playing properly against players who are significantly lower skilled than me, and that I know how to play against good players, but I have holes in between those extremes.

It's disappointing seeing the people, who barely beat me, 2 and 3 stock other players in the brackets, but now I have some tourny experience and I'll try to become solid enough that I can consistently get out of pools instead of relying on pool luck X)

I'm also sad because a lot of people noticed I was playing palutena and kept agreeing how she was "terrible" or she "sucks" and I wasn't able to show them she's not X) But oh well, they're just giving more credit to Palutena players I guess.

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
we have to prove to everyone she's not bottom tier
next we have to prove to everyone she's not low tier
and finally we have to prove to everyone she's viable

guys i think were the sonic of smash 4

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
So I didn't make it out of pools, and one of the guys who barely beat me got all the way to 4th out of 53 people. The other guy who beat me I was also very close to beating, he got placed ~15th.

I think it's interesting seeing who within my pool beat who and by how much. A weak player I beat very easily 2-0, but he somehow went 2-1 against the people I lost to. I lost 0-2 to the 2 other players, but all close games. One grab or uair or smash away from winning.

I guess overall from this I can conclude that I may be good at playing properly against players who are significantly lower skilled than me, and that I know how to play against good players, but I have holes in between those extremes.

It's disappointing seeing the people, who barely beat me, 2 and 3 stock other players in the brackets, but now I have some tourny experience and I'll try to become solid enough that I can consistently get out of pools instead of relying on pool luck X)

I'm also sad because a lot of people noticed I was playing palutena and kept agreeing how she was "terrible" or she "sucks" and I wasn't able to show them she's not X) But oh well, they're just giving more credit to Palutena players I guess.
Gotta keep at it! Alot of people were pretty impressed that I did as well as I did vs Reflex (since he basically wins most of the tourneys he goes to in our area) I don't think that I played anywhere near as good as I could have...but nerves was getting to me and I chocked at the end of game 2 <.<

I got bodied by Sonic because I have literally No idea how i am suppose to deal with that character since I had no experience vs him on Smash 4 OR Brawl. Gotta get better and learn these matchups =\

TLDR: I suck and didn't play as good as I should have :(

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Gotta keep at it! Alot of people were pretty impressed that I did as well as I did vs Reflex (since he basically wins most of the tourneys he goes to in our area) I don't think that I played anywhere near as good as I could have...but nerves was getting to me and I chocked at the end of game 2 <.<

I got bodied by Sonic because I have literally No idea how i am suppose to deal with that character since I had no experience vs him on Smash 4 OR Brawl. Gotta get better and learn these matchups =\

TLDR: I suck and didn't play as good as I should have :(
Aw man :( You got far but it's a bad feeling indeed when you feel you didn't do your best. I didn't get past pools even but I at least felt like I was pretty in control and played like I normally did.

But that's great if they are impressed! Yea sonic is weird, a big way to improve is probably to simply learn how his character works. Not as in how to play sonic but what his moves look like (since they all look similar) and which ones have lag and for example if he can jump out of something or what. I didn't know that the spin dash thingy forces him to do an aerial if he wants to get out of it for a long time. It's pretty boring to improve that wy though unfortunately cus that means studying sonic, a character that you may not really like due to him being annoying in a battle X(

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
So I've been playing Smash 4 with Palutena since it came out and I've only just started seeing all the stuff about customs possibly being banned again.

Disappointed to see this may be happening but totally understandable from a set up stand point, Super speed and lightweight give a real boost in potential over their other options. Is anyone going to straight give up on Palutena if customs are banned or do you think her Neutral game can carry her? Personally I've actually found myself not using her customs as often as I expected (though it'll be difficult to unlearn super speed strats) so I think she's still got a lot of potential though I doubt I'll be winning any tournaments with her since shes still not my best character despite my best efforts.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
So I've been playing Smash 4 with Palutena since it came out and I've only just started seeing all the stuff about customs possibly being banned again.

Disappointed to see this may be happening but totally understandable from a set up stand point, Super speed and lightweight give a real boost in potential over their other options. Is anyone going to straight give up on Palutena if customs are banned or do you think her Neutral game can carry her? Personally I've actually found myself not using her customs as often as I expected (though it'll be difficult to unlearn super speed strats) so I think she's still got a lot of potential though I doubt I'll be winning any tournaments with her since shes still not my best character despite my best efforts.
I haven't played any of her customs at all and I think she is pretty decent still. I won't be giving up on her at all. I don't feel like i'm limited by character moreso than my actual skill at the game (yet). I think I can eventually win some tourneys and stuff with her but I just gotta improve.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
Palutena has a really good punish game, it's just a matter of being in the right position at the right time. As for the Sonic MU, you can punish his spin-dash with a bair or dash attack. You just have to limit his options for him to be unable to escape or do much to her.Warp is also important to use if you feel like you need room against his pressure.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I really think she is a solid mid tier. Her problem is that she is not good enought at killing and zoning.

She needs more killing potential. To make players be afraid of her.

Currently, rushdowns characters can go gung ho against palutena because outside of a grab, she will not trash them unless you pull a fully charged upsmash out of nowhere at moderate %.
There are characters with unreal zoning, or with stupid killer tilts that will beat her.

Ill continue trying palu because she is cool as hell and feels good on my hand, but she needs some buffs, and improvement of certain tilts. Her Dair and Ftilt can get some love. Also her counter is not as deadly as others for some reason.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
Her counter has higher damage scaling that Marth / Lucina but has less knockback <.<

The knockback of her counter does not seem rewarding at all =\

Though it does has it uses!

Last edited:

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Excatly, thats what I wanted to say.

I want something in the line of shulk and lucario. Truly fearsome matchwinning counters.

Palutena being a godess and having that counter is a sadjoke

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A counter with less lag would be nice. Both less lag on using it, and after it's been activated. I wonder what else she'd need.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Her counter seems to be the most effective when used against charged up, powerful smash attacks from alot of the stronger characters, like Bowser, Little Mac, etc.

Some friends and I had a round together on the 3DS version one night and one of them was Little Mac. He tried to slam me with his forward smash, but I managed to squeeze in and counter him, and he was sent flying, and because it's Little Mac, he couldn't recover.

Needless to say, my friend was pissed that night. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Using Counter against a powerful to KO opponents is satisfying.
And I lost respect for ZSS, as a noobish one ruined my FG record. Typically yet another high tier ruins things.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
I got around to playing a lil set with her on custom moves for the first time.

Super speed and Lightweight are both AMAZING.

How come I haven't tried this sooner O.O

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
When I first tried out customs it was really hard for me to switch over from reflect because it was always so satisfying to reflect that fully charged aura sphere, luma, charge beam or whatever projectile but it's just so much fun to lightweight and super speed all around the stage with Palutena that once I tried it out I couldn't possibly go back.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
What do you guys recommend against Sheik? Couldn't really find an answer to her at all despite picking up patterns and habits

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Did super speed to up smash. Jumped backward after and I flew hella far offstage completely horizontally... wth is this?

Top Bottom