• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Okay so i was messin' around with Super Speed combos with Lady Palutena and i noticed something, sometimes after i cancel super speed into her Up smash (by pressing jump and imputing up smash at the same time), the speed momentum she had before would still be active for at least a second...making her fly away foward if i jumped right after performing the up smash. But this only worked if the up smash managed to hit the opponent...
Anyone noticed this? I laughed kind of too much at that.:chuckle::chuckle:

Edit: Actually the up smash doesn't need to hit, you just use it and then do a quick dash and jump.
Yeah, it's SS momentum storing. We've known about this for a while~

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Today's a great day. I just got my Wii U! <3 It took a while to set it up, and I don't have a GCC yet, but I'm just happy to have the game. Right now I'm doing that update thing.

:4palutena: in HD... It's coming true!

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Today's a great day. I just got my Wii U! <3 It took a while to set it up, and I don't have a GCC yet, but I'm just happy to have the game. Right now I'm doing that update thing.

:4palutena: in HD... It's coming true!
Am jelly! It's still 2 sleeps until it's released in my country ^^;

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You'll get there soon, don't worry. All good things in time after all, like Palutena parties.
For me, I plan to make my Wii U online debut on Friday after Thanksgiving, I'm hoping to have a few from here on the list.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Not sure if this is a good place to ask, but I figured it's better than starting a new thread.. Plus it's hard to search for it.

What attacks do you guys use against people who don't have ledge invincibility? I imagine it's possible to dair them, but it just feels really hard for some reason. I noticed up smash works on some characters, but not the majority. Down smash doesn't seem to work, and I feel that down tilt (assuming it does work) feels too weak.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Will it hit every character? It reminds me when I tried D-tilt, most characters that hang low on the platform won't get hit, and that's also what makes it irritating against a campy Pac-man... and that was from For Glory experience.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
The more I play the more I feel like Jab into Smash doesn't work as well on the Wii U. Is the timing off or have other people experienced the same thing? It was one of my main ways to close out stocks but it doesn't seem to work on Wii U.

Feeling conflicted right now on my Palutena play in general. Played some sets against Rookie last night (one of the best Fox players in Brawl, also an incredibly good Diddy player) and my results vs him are ones I've come across a lot against top players: I can't close out stocks.

When I ask for advice, everyone (except NinjaLink) seems to just say "Character has no damage and either she's too straight forward or you are. You just do the same things over and over again. After a while, there's nothing to be afraid of. When I'm not afraid of any of a character's options or tools, I won't respect you and that's why you're getting beat."

Switching to Zero Suit Samus yields much higher results and many more wins because people respect the character, her options, and her various ways to close out stocks (Paralyzer, Down Smash, Throws, Down B, Aerials all lead to kill confirms). I have very little practice at all with her but I can pick her and start winning sets against these same people. Why can't I do that with Palutena?

I was so close to putting Palutena down last night after talking to Dabuz. He agrees with most of what I'm saying (and has been said). The only reason I didn't is D1 tweeted at me saying it can work. He started rattling off lists of options that I may not have considered. The problem is I'm very much a visual learner or I require feedback in real time to learn it (as in I have to talk through options with people). Going to try to go through a lot of it today with NinjaLink and hope I can find some fresh material and mixups that help me combat my problems.

Palutena almost eliminated Tyrant (a top player) in Grand Finals of a tournament according to D1. He's encouraging me to stay strong and keep trying cause it will pay off (ala Jiggs from Melee).

Just not really sure what to believe. Came for some advice & to vent.
Nicko was the player who got close to beating Tyrant, it was 3-2. As far as debating whether to play Palutena, I'm at that same juncture, lol. I also played a bit of ZSS, and she's a better character honestly than Palutena, she just has the speed, range, and combo/heavy output game that Palutena doesn't have. It doesn't have anything to do w/ respecting options. Once opponent's get in vs Palutena, all she really has is jab/grab and that's it. All her tilts are too slow. Fox is definitely an uphill matchup.

I wouldn't give up on Palutena just yet, there is still potential. All of her kill moves though either take a read or a punish which definitely limits the way she can kill compared to the top tiers. It's not impossible though, just got to be the smarter player. If all your fundamentals are solid then you will be able to land those kill moves a lot easier.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Gadiel too? Awesome! Hope you stick with her. If you're heading to the monthly next Sunday in GA then I'd def like to friendly it up and share some knowledge.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Having problems with working with Palutena? Hmm... Well, one of my theories is that you're either either having discouragement and/or the feeling of a character being stale in a way. In such a situation, I believe taking a break from the character for a while, then come back to try them again. That's something I kinda done with Brawl Bowser in the mid years: Discouraged because of tiers and obnoxious CP characters (pointing to D3 and Diddy the most), and felt weak at a point of time. I eventually came back after learning new things along the way, and maybe that can help you out too with Palutena.

I doubt it'll work, but it's better than trying nothing at all.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Picked up non-custom Palutena for fun last night. Fun char but why are half of her moves so laggy :(

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hi @ Alacion Alacion

to be frank, non-custom Palutena is worthless, need to get in on dat lightweight yo, where dthrow > nair > nair is an actual true combo because for whatever reason her aerials have literally no ending lag

her ground game is pretty bad, but if you use super speed all of your problems literally disappear

unless you fight duck punt doge, in which case you want your reflector back.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah dw I know all about that lightweight but my region is considering banning customs. Everybody in BC is being wrecked since Smash 4 came out because of Big D's Palutena >_> What a shame he doesn't post his vids or anything...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Let me tell you a story @ Alacion Alacion .

In Victoria (a state here), there is this 14 year old girl (Villager/Ness main) who rocked up to a tournament and complete demolished it with customs on.

The top Brawl players pretty much cried about customs, saying how broken they were, implying that things would have been different had customs been off.

A few weeks later they held two tournaments in their salt. A customs on and customs off one.

Guess who won both?

The girl won both.

The best player (the girl) ended up winning, and they thought this was surprising for some reason.

tl;dr big d will probably win whether you ban customs or not

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well yeah I tried defending customs too by saying Big D would win everything anyway. He actually dropped Palutena because of all the whining that's been going on.

This girl sounds like a legit Karissa :D

First Palutena vid I ever watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2xOQ79yhFk

Good first video, am I right?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well yeah I tried defending customs too by saying Big D would win everything anyway. He actually dropped Palutena because of all the whining that's been going on.

This girl sounds like a legit Karissa :D
She apparently had been to 1 or 2 brawl tournaments back in the day where her performance was mediocre, but apparently since then she's been in the hyperbolic time chamber and winning tournaments with 40+ people.

I know a few people like this, we have this amazing Sheik player who used to play Toon Link in Brawl and was ABSOLUTELY terrible but now he's back with this stupid sheik that just fair combos me across the stage

i hate it

But yeah, people will be mad when Big D continues to win everything. Tell him to pick up sheik (best character in the game right now imo)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He hates Sheik and calls her braindead. A certain player in BC does nothing but spam needles. It's actually really annoying to play against.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
He hates Sheik and calls her braindead. A certain player in BC does nothing but spam needles. It's actually really annoying to play against.
That's because needles are the best projectile in the game.

And Sheik's aerials are the best in the game.

And her ledge game is the best in the game.

And she went from having the worst down B in the game, to getting the best move in the game instead.

It's like Sakurai asked if they should balance this character, and he was like "hmm, umm, No."

:salt:

Edit: IC main calling Sheik braindead wat

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's probably because of the one person that plays that way. He joined our Brawl community playing a campy ROB, then converted to a campy MK. Shoutouts to being in the campiest region in the world.

I'm actually really lost in picking chars to main. I'm starting to feel pretty confident in my Random >_> Palutena is immensely fun though :D

We should play sometime!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yes, add my wii u tag but the input lag might be bad even though my ping is sub-20

Before my pink 3DS got destroyed in played with @Rion who lives near Quebec and it was better than I expected

Rion should add my wii u tag too, hopefully wii u has better online than 3DS.

BUT, please don't judge me on wifi I am a decidedly slightly above average player and play poorly in lag :>

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Let's pretend that video doesn't exist. Please?
Won't lie I enjoyed it.

Yes, add my wii u tag but the input lag might be bad even though my ping is sub-20

Before my pink 3DS got destroyed in played with @Rion who lives near Quebec and it was better than I expected

Rion should add my wii u tag too, hopefully wii u has better online than 3DS.

BUT, please don't judge me on wifi I am a decidedly slightly above average player and play poorly in lag :>
It's late for me but I'll add you tomorrow. I don't judge, and I'm hella casual anyway. Still get salty though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I shall make my debut on the Wii U online today, not counting yesterday when I was testing the Game Pad thing (no GCC here) against noobish For Glory targets. For those with no Wii U, I'm okay with using the 3ds. I'm eager for some Palutena battles here soon when ready.
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I'm curious to play you too, and it beats standing around doing nothing.

As for my mood, it says that if I have to see other characters, I'd extremely prefer to not see Macs or Diddys, pretty much the common tier hatred on my end, except ZSS for some reason.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh yeah. Admiral, how's that Wii U?
Palutena in HD is too amazing, as well as Pit's little blush when you grab and hold him. I can't wait to think of recorded HD matches of my amazing gal and angel in action. Sadly I can't take many pictures I wanted to besides the solo Pit/Palutena ones without help, but it's okay. My mind's just happy for HD Palutena, simply put.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Palutena in HD is too amazing, as well as Pit's little blush when you grab and hold him. I can't wait to think of recorded HD matches of my amazing gal and angel in action. Sadly I can't take many pictures I wanted to besides the solo Pit/Palutena ones without help, but it's okay. My mind's just happy for HD Palutena, simply put.
Oh Pit :awesome:

Beastmegs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Beastmegs
3DS FC
3325-1862-3482
here is the clear picture for Palutena in all-star i'll put under a spoiler in case you want to see for you're self in the game

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I can't help but express part of my excitement that way. :p

Unfortunately I do not, or at least the name is one I am not familiar with.

@ Beastmegs Beastmegs Well then...
And Pit's blushing again. I love it! Cue the shipping times again!
hmm, speaking of which, who do you ship Pit with? I ship him with.....uhm....:4palutena: and :4darkpit:..yeah.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Want Pit and Palutena? Here.

HNI_0029.JPG
HNI_0033.JPG
HNI_0034.JPG

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
hmm, speaking of which, who do you ship Pit with? I ship him with.....uhm....:4palutena: and :4darkpit:..yeah.

Well, let the spoilers commence. I changed a few.

with:

Palutena, Samus, and Phosphora for the top 3, Peach, Rosalina, and Morrigan for others. I formally had Viridi on there, but it doesn't interest me much anymore. Maybe it had something to do with the codec on the "other" Pit...

If you need explanations for each of the ships and my reasons, feel free to ask.

And I like those pictures. Those 2 need more attention.
Right now I can say I don't like the game pad, as I already SD'd a number of times doing Side-B instead of Up-B.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm starting to realize just how good reflect can be used as a great edge game tool.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Game Pad still makes me SD when doing tricks. I so can't wait to get a GCC, but the HQ Palutena and Pit, with the latter blushing when you hold him is good enough for now.

Cheezy23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cheezy23
So I have a possibly stupid question: does lightweight enhance all attacks, or just some? If it only enhances some, which ones?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So I have a possibly stupid question: does lightweight enhance all attacks, or just some? If it only enhances some, which ones?
It does not. It only improves your speed and jump, at the cost of taking more damage.

Top Bottom