• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
In other news, I have something you're not going to like.

Vote: Gheb

I'm feeling real confident that Kanty is town right about now, and I'm prepared to take a chance on Orbo for the time being.

I had kinda a weird flashback of Epic Rap Battles, where I gave Kata a strong townread because everything he said made sense, and I feel like that's the only thing that I'm townreading Gheb for. His position is consistent, yeah, and he makes good points, but that doesn't make him town. I don't know how I ended up whiteknighting him.

Orbo, as scum, could just take whatever lynch, and he hasn't.

The difference between me calling Gheb out for not doing anything, and calling Orbo out, is that Orbo didn't seem to give a **** about being called out. Gheb almost immediately whipped up a case on Kantrip, and has subsequently just sat on that.

Orbo's catch-up was actually not bad.

Anyways, that's the thought process.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Votecount:

[1] Gheb_01 - Kary
[1] Potassium - Gheb

[0] Kary
[0] Vinyl.
[0] Orboknown

Not voting - Potassium, Vinyl, Orbo

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch!

The Deadline is set for the last minute of Thursday, November 21st (EST) --- 26 HOUR NOTICE

Orboknown

Smash Hero
had kinda a weird flashback of Epic Rap Battles, where I gave Kata a strong townread because everything he said made sense, and I feel like that's the only thing that I'm townreading Gheb for. His position is consistent, yeah, and he makes good points, but that doesn't make him town. I don't know how I ended up whiteknighting him.
Does ghebs push on kantrip remind you of any of his pushes in earthbound?
Fully prepared to invest in my gheb only looks townie as scum meta

Kantrip

Kantplay
And by interesting it can mean scum Kary realizes his easiest path to victory is removing Gheb and Kantrip via lynch and NK (in either order) and convincing Vinyl to vote Orbo.

Or it's town Kary actually looking at his reads again and finding Gheb scummy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Does ghebs push on kantrip remind you of any of his pushes in earthbound?
Fully prepared to invest in my gheb only looks townie as scum meta
I don't recall what Gheb pushed in Earthbound. I remember thinking he was scummy but I can't say why off the top of my head. I wasn't paying as much attention because hydra.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
And by interesting it can mean scum Kary realizes his easiest path to victory is removing Gheb and Kantrip via lynch and NK (in either order) and convincing Vinyl to vote Orbo.

Or it's town Kary actually looking at his reads again and finding Gheb scummy.
Complete freaking gamble on Vinyl, though. Why would I defend Gheb in the first place? & etc.

We can argue about whether i'm scum if you want but i'm not.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
His push on badwolf late game. Him iirc bashing his credibility(in this case badwolfs claim) in lieu of actually slamming his case together and using only generally textbook scumtells

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
His push on badwolf late game. Him iirc bashing his credibility(in this case badwolfs claim) in lieu of actually slamming his case together and using only generally textbook scumtells
I remember he did a 180 on BW, where straight after the claim he said he wouldn't lynch him, then he started trying to do exactly that. I kinda zoned out after BW shot Gheb though b/c I didn't think it was going to be an issue.

To be honest I don't have great meta on Gheb scum, but I was reading Hardbody to remind me how you play as scum, and there's definitely parallels between Gheb's play there (as scum) and his play here. Whereas i'm not actually picking the same scumtells from you here I did there.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Gheb_01 said:
This is terrible insight. Disgusting. How can you be "sorta" be "pretty sure" Rockin is town when he hasn't done **** all game? How the **** are we supposed to be certain you are town when the guy you were desperate to fish his claim from was the ****ing detective? Also you have Kat in your scumlist when he is actually the Vig. You also have Kary as town because ________? Your reads suck and you need to stop with that.
Reminiscent of his thoughts on Kantrip/Orbo earlier, where he just trash-talked Kantrip's play for no actual profit.

Gheb_01 said:
- You've been hating on my playerslot for pretty much all game. I have not seen you make any compelling points on that matter, neither on Circus nor any of the other players. You've mentioned you had a scumread but I couldn't find your reasoning. If I'm wrong about this please show me where and why I did so. I absolutely hate how you've been kicking this read down the road without actually making any attempts to do something about it. The only time you actually put your money where your mouth is re: your read was at the end of Day - where it mattered the least. So please either show me what your reasoning is based on and start actually pushing this read or else admit that your read is garbage.
Gheb has done the same thing here, where he just goes 'you didn't explain this well enough' or 'you still haven't shown this', basically just whaling on people's arguments without saying why they're bad or asking them why they think that.

Gheb_01 said:
- I don't think the fact that you hammered Orb can be held to your credit as you've been pretty much indifferent towards his slot all game and a hammer against PJB wasn't expected anyway since you've shared a similar MO to him, especially on Day 2 [hate on Nabe, switch to Orb for whatever reason].
This kinda mechanical argument from Gheb is similar to him saying Orbo is trying to set up and endgame here, he just kinda goes 'here is an alternate explanation, therefore you're not right' without kinda evaluating which one is more plausible.

I hope that makes sense? A lot of it is kinda a feeling, like Gheb is having an argument with you rather than trying to read you or engage with you. I can get quotes from this game for comparison but you probably remember.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Nah thats good. I jus wanna hear from kantrip before i decide what to do.
I'll be online though so i can hammer whoever

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I would be happier if you just slam dunked it. I guess him outing some reads and **** would be good if he's town, but we basically know that already. If i'm wrong about this i'll just deal with it tomorrow, i'm not going around the houses again toDay.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
A lynch has been reached!

Votecount:

[3] Gheb_01 - Kary, Potassium, Orbo
[1] Potassium - Gheb

[0] Kary
[0] Vinyl.
[0] Orboknown

Not voting - Vinyl

Now entering Twilight phase. Mod scene in the works...

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
As the toys continued debating who could have killed Mini Mario, they kept coming back to one unavoidable conclusion:

Mini Mario had likely died by accident.

Despite the evidence to support this fact, they couldn't help but notice the suspicious looks in each other's eyes and the bloodlust that seemed to be growing as the day went on. As their debate continued, each townie in turn was cleared, until only one choice remained. The toys all turned to Golden Mini Mario, who slowly backed away from the group.

"Y-you all have to go first!" Golden Mini Mario shouted. "It's only the way to get a gold star!"

In a furious rage, Golden Mini Mario lunged at the nearest townie, but they were too quick for him. The other toys were able restrain their deranged counterpart, preventing him from carrying out his one desire: killing the other toys, and then himself, in order to win some imaginary game.

He kept shouting, "I must go last! I must go last!" as they dragged him away.

With Golden Mini Mario captured, the toys were left to grieve the loss of Mini Mario in peace, the fear of further deaths finally banished from their minds.

Gheb_01 (Golden Mini Mario, Mafia Goon) has been lynched!

Kary (Mini Luigi, Vanilla Townie) survives in the end-game!

Potassium (Mini Donkey Kong, Vanilla Townie) survives in the end-game!

Vinyl (Mini Peach, Vanilla Townie) survives in the end-game!

Orboknown (Mini Toad, Vanilla Townie) survives in the end-game!

Congratulations, town wins!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Now entering Twilight phase. Mod scene in the works...
Dat edit reason

GG glad i turned on the obvtown jets. I had w suspicion kary was more lost townie a la fe than scum.
Play serious more often vinyl
Kantrip was town had that down by page three.
Good game xat,had fun.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just because the games are small doesn't mean they are a walk in the park. It just means that it doesn't last forever and nobody gets to dodge the spotlight. But they still require the same, if not more, effort.

:059:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
It's mod-meta. Basically, unless Xatres drew up 5 characters and then rolled a die to see which would be a safe-claim, there'll be some sort of thought process as to which is scum. By looking at all the claims you can try and reverse-engineer that thought process.

Now, maybe everyone claims their flavour and we can't come to a good decision as to which we think is a safe-claim, in which case we can ignore it. But it's not as if we're going to lose anything by outing our flavour, right?
This post.

I actually seriously considered randomizing the goon and coming up with a story based on which character was chosen. In the end, though, I really liked the idea of Golden Mini Mario not understanding death and rationalizing it by making it into a twisted version of the actual game. As you all rightfully noted, there were enough characters in game around which a motive COULD be stipulated that the meta point became moot as a basis for lynching. Having Mini Luigi and Mini DK around helped out a lot. If Gheb had pulled out the win, I was going to post a screen shot showing the player actually earning his gold star for getting Golden Mini Mario through the "door" last. It was not to be, unfortunately.

For future reference, my games will always have some kind of plot, which will open the door for metaing the mod somewhat. In general, however, I'll try to be creative enough with my designs that you won't be able to mass claim your way to victory.

My next mini game will be likely be another open setup, but probably a bit more complicated than 4 VT / 1 Goon.

Thanks for playing, everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom