• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind of a Murderer - Current Interview: Sovereign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
What does your username stand for/where is it from/what does it mean?

(^Directed at Z1GMA offc.)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What made you switch to Ganondorf?
I dun really remember.

I love(d) Ganon's Spike in Melee, and his power in general.

I just found out that he was just as fun i Brawl, too.

Srsly, though...
It was a stormy night. The wind blew, and the thunder roared.
I picked Ganon at random in some friendlies.
Suddenly, I felt a evil surge throughout my whole body.
I fell in a coma for 3 weeks - I was bound to the Triforce of Power ~

Zeallyx

Do you read manga/watch anime?

Whats your favorite color?

Do you like me?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do you read manga/watch anime?
I don't read any Mangas atm.
But I watch One Piece & Naruto.
My favourites are Starzinger, Cyborg 009 & Silver fang.

Whats your favorite color?
Teal

Do you like me?
TLONTL, that is the question.
Of course I do. You're a Combo/String Researcher.
And you SHOULD play Ganon more and visit our boards more often.

Zeallyx

Thanks Z1GMA. And I like you, too. (nohomo)

And I'll regular this board from now on as it stands now, so please, everyone, be gentle.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do you play offline a lot? Where, when, what?
I only have one single offline-opponent to play against here. He lives like 1 kilometer away from me, fortunately.

Otherwise, I play online Vs other Swedes, which has a good connection.
(Almost like Offline, in fact. The Delay Time is only like 0,2 secs.)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Delay is at least 6 frames or something I thought, Buck once told me that.
Thats not too bad. Only problem is that like, if you want to punish, you're jab will come out 6 frames later, so it will be like a 14 frame move, wich is like LOL.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It could be me, Terodactyl, Doomfire, Ganonsburg, Clai, PK-Ow or one of the Australian Ganons.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Delay is at least 6 frames or something I thought, Buck once told me that.
Thats not too bad. Only problem is that like, if you want to punish, you're jab will come out 6 frames later, so it will be like a 14 frame move, wich is like LOL.
That doesn't matter that much, 'cause if the Frame-Delay is smaller than the Brawl-Buffer Window itself, you can punish attacks first frame possible. And it's very easy, believe me.

Strings are heIIa easy to buffer, too, when the Delay is just a few frames.
Again, thx to the fact the Buffering System covers it.
(But then again. IF the connection beteween the players is good)
Powershielding on the other hand :|

If buffering didn't excist in Brawl, not even godly-connection-matches would be playable.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
There's a bunch of conflicting votes so far, so we need a few more to consolidate. We have one for TP, one for Tero, one for a few others.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Twilight why are you so fatally attracted to Ganondorf?

What drives you to continue using him, in spite of him being bottom of the "tier list"?

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
You're said to be one of the best Past Ganon mainers. Are you sure of your skills and potential or do you think you're being overestimated?
You mained another character over Ganon for a time. What made you go back to Ganon?
Tooth Paste or Toilet Paper?
Do you go to tourneys or regular smashfests?
What do you think about people scamming/thrashing/underestimating Ganon?
Is there any player that you rivalize/aim towards?
Do you have any play vices? Do you think they can harm your playstyle?
What would you do if you ever won a high level tourney going Ganon only and facing his most difficult MUs? (hypothetically)
Would you ever come to Brazil?

Rapid Fire Round:
Name?
Age?
Location?
Likes?
Hates?
Lusts?
Controller option?
Secondary characters?
A music?
A movie?
A book?
An artist? (photography, cartoon, art, actors...)
A TV show?
An underwear color?
A woman physical appearance preference?
A quotation?
A sport?
A Street Fighter character?
A Nintendo game or franchise?
2 ^ x + 3 ^ x = 50. Find x?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What, in your opinion, is the most important thing to keep in mind when playing the 'Dorf?

You pretty much started the whole Chain Choking-thingy, and is also one of the very best at using it in matches.
*How good are your CC-skillz atm?
*Do you feel like you're getting better and better at it?
*What character(s) would you suggest new Ganons to master it Vs?

Do you believe there are still more Ganon-finds out there to... Find?

Have you looked into that "thing" we talked about over PM?

Any tips on things to do, to get in ****-shape before playing a bunch of serious matches?

Favourite Combo Video?

Least favourite Match-up as Ganon? Why?

Bahamut Style:
(For TP, of course)

Favourite food (a specific dish/course)?
Favourite Party Beverage?
Have you ever killed a person?
Rare, Medium or Well done?
To an island, you would bring (max 3 things)?
You have a girlfriend?
Any game-character that you'd love to see in a Smash Game?
Are you're a good kisser?
What do you think is Ganon's favourite... "Position"?
How does the "Comedian relief"-award make you feel?
Sweden is/has?
Z1GMA need/needs?

TP

Smash Master
Twilight why are you so fatally attracted to Ganondorf?

What drives you to continue using him, in spite of him being bottom of the "tier list"?
Ganon is, without a doubt, the most fun character in Brawl. The WTF reactions your opponents have when you do shenanigans are just so enjoyable. I keep using him for that, and because I have put so much time into him that I don't want it to be wasted (even though training as Ganon does help your other characters).

You're said to be one of the best Past Ganon mainers. Are you sure of your skills and potential or do you think you're being overestimated? I think I still have a lot of potential and a long way to go. I'm not as good right now as I want to be. I firmly believe I can become the best Ganon if I put in a lot of time and effort (which I plan to do soon, hopefully). That said, I think I have been overestimated by others. I'm good, but I lose to people I shouldn't be losing too.
You mained another character over Ganon for a time. What made you go back to Ganon? I mained ROB for a long period of time in 2009. I eventually dropped him purely becuase of the MK matchup. It's just a nightmare. Then after maining Ganon some more, I switched to MK. I certainly won more matches with him, but over time winning with him just wasn't enjoyable. I felt bad for my opponents and stopped using tornado, but I'm no Ally, so it was time to go back to Ganon.
Tooth Paste or Toilet Paper? Treetop Poetry is my League of Legends account name (I don't play it anymore though). So many combinations of T and P to choose from!
Do you go to tourneys or regular smashfests? I go to weekly smashfests, everyone in STL shows up to them. I go to roughly one tourney every 2 months or so. My next is at the end of this month.
What do you think about people scamming/thrashing/underestimating Ganon? Until one of us proves that you can make a name for yourself by using Ganon in a tournament, there's nothing we can say to them. Also, I try to Ganoncide those people as much as possible when we play.
Is there any player that you rivalize/aim towards? DLA, who I have met several times, has always been around my skill level (he's better than me right now though). He lives just one state over, so lots of people have played against both of us and compared the two of us. If anyone is my rival, it's him.
Do you have any play vices? Do you think they can harm your playstyle? I don't understand this question. :ohwell:
What would you do if you ever won a high level tourney going Ganon only and facing his most difficult MUs? (hypothetically) I'd grow a beard on the spot, then murder everyone who I faced during the tournament. Then it would be time to build a new world...
Would you ever come to Brazil? No, too many mosquitoes.

Rapid Fire Round:
Name? Zach
Age? 19
Location? Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Likes? Card games, video games, environmental issues, baseball, etc.
Hates? Oranges, factory farms, bees.
Lusts? WTF o_0
Controller option? Gamecube controller, no tap.
Secondary characters? MK and Jiggs (Jiggs for ICs only)
A music? The entire soundtrack of FF3/6.
A movie? Spartacus.
A book? The Silmarillion.
An artist? (photography, cartoon, art, actors...) Whoever did Ganon's laugh in Windwaker.
A TV show? Human Target.
An underwear color? Blue.
A woman physical appearance preference? Whether or not I like a girl depends almost entirely on her eyes. Also, no fat chicks.
A quotation? "I will create a monument to nonexistence." - Kefka, what a bad@ss.
A sport? Soccer or Baseball, roughly equal.
A Street Fighter character? Never played it.
A Nintendo game or franchise? Metroid series is freaking amazing.
2 ^ x + 3 ^ x = 50. Find x? I can't believe how much of Calc I have forgotten since I took it 8 months ago. It's obviously around 3.3, but I can't remember how to actually get it.

TP

Smash Master
What do you like most about ganondorf in brawl?
Probably his stomp. It's so good, and it makes so much lightning that you hear thunder with it. Both on and offstage, it completely changes how your opponent has to deal with you.

What, in your opinion, is the most important thing to keep in mind when playing the 'Dorf? Stay patient. As soon as you try to "just hit them," you get thrown offstage and you lose. Wait for them to make an opening.

You pretty much started the whole Chain Choking-thingy, and is also one of the very best at using it in matches.
*How good are your CC-skillz atm? Not what they used to be, thanks to a lack of practicing it. I still can do it, but only against the really easy characters.
*Do you feel like you're getting better and better at it? Nope, but if I practice it soon I'll improve.
*What character(s) would you suggest new Ganons to master it Vs? METAKNIGHT. Also there is really no reason not to take a stock on Kirby every time you choke him. The more characters you can do it too, the better. Just don't bother practicing against a character like Jiggs who you will never ever land a choke against.

Do you believe there are still more Ganon-finds out there to... Find? God I hope so, but I just don't see anywhere else to look. :(

Have you looked into that "thing" we talked about over PM? Dammit, I knew I forgot something. Will check tonight for sure. (At work now)

Any tips on things to do, to get in ****-shape before playing a bunch of serious matches? Everyone has there own way of preparing for a serious match. I just make sure I'm warmed up beforehand. Also, never let anyone else use your controller that day, because they make it all sweaty and disgusting.

Favourite Combo Video? There aren't any combos in Brawl.
Least favourite Match-up as Ganon? Why? Ike. It's so annoying because he doesn't have anything gay about him. There's no reason for it to not be an "easy" matchup... but it's hard as hell if they play right. At least against like Falco I know why I am going to lose.

Bahamut Style:
(For TP, of course)

Favourite food (a specific dish/course)? Any type of pasta.
Favourite Party Beverage? Just regular soda for me.
Have you ever killed a person? Yes, with my bare hands. Don't worry, he was a jerk.
Rare, Medium or Well done? Why choose one when you can just order 3 steaks?
To an island, you would bring (max 3 things)? A sword (those are useful), some rope, and a ton of sunscreen.
You have a girlfriend? She hooked up with my best friend AAAARRRRGGGH.
Any game-character that you'd love to see in a Smash Game? Quote!
Are you're a good kisser? I've never kissed myself, so I don't know.
What do you think is Ganon's favourite... "Position"? Ya know his Usmash? Pretty much that.
How does the "Comedian relief"-award make you feel? I have it nailed onto my wall and I kiss it every night before I go to sleep.
Sweden is/has? Does Sweden have anything? I honestly don't know anything about the country.
Z1GMA need/needs? To move to America, and more specifically my neighborhood.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
lol, I liked yr answers.

Additional comment: As for Sweden. The english word "Smorgasbord" (If you've heard it)
comes from Sweden.
Now you know sumthin' about Sweden (y)

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
At the next major tournament, if you did very well and became the next low tier hero like Shaky and San did, how would you feel and what would you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom