• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mind of a Murderer - Current Interview: Sovereign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
You know, the mighty Ganondorf is always feared and revered. He is always cowered before, submitted and surrendered to. But you know what? This makes it hard for the might 'Dorf to really express himself. No one really KNOWS who the 'Dorf is, aside from his almighty status as King of Evil and Seizer of Crowns. So, today, we attempt to do what none have mustered the courage, as to jeopardize their very souls and essences, to do. To stand face to face with the King of Evil and take a closer look at what makes our beloved Pernicious Pugilist and King of Evil tick.

But, the his unholy Majesty has stipulations to grace us with his insight...

-Please keep the questions fairly relevant to either the game and the player
-Refrain from voting for yourselves on the polls. It'll be pretty obvious when only 7 people come here to see each one of their names have 1 vote next to them lol
-Ask as many questions as you like
-Every 3 days, a new person will be selected for interviewing

With that, let us gather 'round and hear.

CURRENT INTERVIEW:

Sovereign

PAST INTERVIEWS:

Vermanubis - Pages 1-4
Z1GMA - Pages 4-8
Twilight Prince - Pages 8-9
Terodactyl_Yelnats - Pages 9-10
Bahamut777 - pages 11 - 13
Breezy - Pages 14-16

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
lol, Thread Title is win.

Makes me think of "Criminal Minds" on the Discovery Channel.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Lol.

And my computer's been a complete ******* today. It restarted by itself and now it won't read that my speakers are plugged in. Yaaaaaay O:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If I get voted first, it's going to feel so horribly narcissistic editing my own interview on the front page. :X I'll wait another few hours or so, and if no one else votes, we'll just get things rolling and begin to pick up speed.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Alright, I guess I'm going first then. @_@ I just wanna get this thing moving lol.

Guess you guys can start asking questions now. xD (I feel so narcissistic lol ._.)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Verm, here comes 8 questions
1 Do you play Brawl for earning money?
2 Can you tell me a bit about your history about Smash and competitive Smash?
3 What do you do to deal with the bunch of unwinnable matchups?
4 How good do you think Ganon is compared to all other characters? Do you think he has potential to rise a bit in the tier list?
5 What do you do when you 3 stock someone with Ganon?
6 I know Ganondorf has 1 million major weaknesses, but which one do you hate most?
7 What is your favourite/least favourite matchup and why?
8 What is your favourite/least favourite stage and why?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
So Verm, what made you go with Ganon in the first place?
I fiddled with Ganon for months before I actually mained him. What pushed me over the edge to main him was when I was playing a guy I simply could not beat as anyone. His name was mrkrs. His Wolf kicked my Fox, DK and Samus' *****. But I went Ganon for the hell of it, and I wrecked him.

From there, I decided after being unable to choose a main, that I'd dedicate my life to the 'Dorf. He gave me the most satisfaction, the most challenge and the most reward. I was hooked. <3

smashkng said:
Verm, here comes 8 questions
1 Do you play Brawl for earning money?
2 Can you tell me a bit about your history about Smash and competitive Smash?
3 What do you do to deal with the bunch of unwinnable matchups?
4 How good do you think Ganon is compared to all other characters? Do you think he has potential to rise a bit in the tier list?
5 What do you do when you 3 stock someone with Ganon?
6 I know Ganondorf has 1 million major weaknesses, but which one do you hate most?
7 What is your favourite/least favourite matchup and why?
8 What is your favourite/least favourite stage and why?
1. Nope. I have only a few goals: take Ganon to new heights and seize the spot as undisputed top Ganon. I live for the fight more than the win. :p

2. I didn't really get competitive until around last October, which is also when I began maining Ganon. Before that, I was isolated to the AiB freeplay chat playing new people and stagnating. I was a bigshot at this old site I used to go to called NS2, but once I went to AiB, I was handed a rude awakening by seeing just how much I sucked. Once I got to AiB, I practiced in the freeplay until I was ready to move onto the ladder chat, which is where I started getting a lot better. I'd always look to play the best people I could, and usually did really well. This won me a fairly good reputation in the community and provided my a lot of opportunities to play tons of good players.

After that, I knew I could do better than what WiFi was allowing, so I went to my first tournament in late April and placed 13/33. I've been to 5 tournaments since and have performed well in each one. I've gotten opportunities to play people like NinjaLink, Will, PGN, Bizkit, TeeVee and tons of others. Just recently, I played NL, Will, PGN and Bizkit and was able to take a few games off of each, which boosted my confidence even more. But I did have a very tough time adapting from WiFi to offline. The timing was so difficult to get used to offline, that it wasn't until around my second to last tournament that I fully got the hang of it. I feel I can only go up at this point, so I'm very pleased and excited to see how far I can go.

3. I guess what drives me is the fact that while those matchups suck, they're not impossible, so when I lose, I'm very thankful to have the mentality that I have. The mentality is to ignore MU ratios and not use them to excuse losses, rather, acknowledge them as a shortcoming on my part. This propels me to develop new strategies and do my best.

4. I think he deserves to be where he is. He has inarguably the most invaluable attribute in the game (his strength) but also all the worst issues in it as well (recovery, speed, coping). People don't take him seriously enough most of the time though, because he can be VERY dangerous. He IS bottom tier, but he is NOT trash.

5. I tell them I don't like Ganon dittos lol

6. His recovery. Everything else about him I feel I can compensate for with my abilities, but the one thing I always find myself losing to/being robbed of a match by is his recovery. I played Will, and while the dude is AMAZING as DK, his kills were usually gimps around 60%. Same with MKs. I have all the confidence in the world until I go offstage.

7. Peach. I hate her. Her ability to camp and constantly weave in and out of Ganon's range and punish him for it is sooo annoying/boring. Peach doesn't usually give me as much trouble as some of Ganon's worse MUs, but her campiness, dair and float make playing her a test of patience. My favorite though, is a tie between Snake, Wario, DK and MK. Snake is so fun to juggle, MK is just plain satisfying and challenging, DK is not safe from ANYTHING due to his size and Wario is fun to nair camp and tech chase.

8. Assuming the obvious ones are omitted (Rainbow Cruise), I'd have to say Frigate is my most hated. The curvature on the second phase of the stage makes approaching impossible and the first phase makes Gerudos risky and being unable to recover on the right side is plain ghey. Favorite, though, is probably Battlefield. Wizkick is probably the most fun move to use as Ganon, and it's so fun catching people off guard by weaving in and out of them with Wizkick cancels and drop-downs.

Exalted

Smash Lord
Lol, no probs. I'LL JUST BLAST YA WITH ANOTHER QUESTION!

If you could change one thing about Ganon in Brawl, what would it be?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lol, no probs. I'LL JUST BLAST YA WITH ANOTHER QUESTION!

If you could change one thing about Ganon in Brawl, what would it be?
Change?! Surely you jest, Ex. >:0 Ganondorf needs nothing more than what he has (everything) to subjugate the realm beneath his heel!

Absolutely nothing. :3

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
What do you think about people scamming/thrashing/underestimating Ganon?
Is there any player that you rivalize/aim towards?
Do you have any play vices? Do you think they can harm your playstyle?
What would you do if you ever won a high level tourney going Ganon only and facing his most difficult MUs? (hypothetically)
Would you ever come to Brazil?
Would you house me if I ever go to USA? *-*

Rapid Fire Round:
Name?
Age?
Location?
Likes?
Hates?
Lusts?
Controller option?
Secondary characters?
A music?
A movie?
A book?
An artist?
A TV show?
An underwear color?
A woman physical appearance preference?
A quotation?
A sport?
A Street Fgihter character?
A Nintendo game or franchise?
2 ^ x + 3 ^ x = 50. Find x?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Verm would interview himself in his own thread. Btw, you should put all your answers in one post so you can link to it in the OP.

Q: How long are you gonna keep your maggot-infested man mop?

Exalted

Smash Lord
Hmph! As you wish!

What's the most annoying move to face in this wondrous game of metagame-swallowing bats?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
what do you think about people scamming/thrashing/underestimating ganon? put them to death. Grind their bones into the powder which will immortalize my wake
is there any player that you rivalize/aim towards? not currently. :u
do you have any play vices? Do you think they can harm your playstyle? my most recent vice was bad di, which i recently rectified, thankfully. I'd say my biggest issue right now is my habit of holding the shield button down sometimes instead of just pressing it once to ps
what would you do if you ever won a high level tourney going ganon only and facing his most difficult mus? (hypothetically) exercise my ganon-given right to slay every pitiable meat sack that dared to contest me
would you ever come to brazil? yes. I'm on my way right now.
would you house me if i ever go to usa? *-* yeeeeesssssss

rapid fire round:
Name? Geoff
age? 20
location? New hampshire, usa
likes? Ganon, gerudo women, long walks in hell, murder, death, surrender, self-worship, etc.
Hates? Everything but ganon
lusts? Myself in female form
controller option? Classic controller, y for special, b for attack and a for jump.
Secondary characters? None.
A music? Instrumental, video game music and metal.
A movie? Mortal kombat
a book? Ganonic bible
an artist? Like, painting artist? :u
a tv show? Rocko's modern life
an underwear color? Black
a woman physical appearance preference? Fruitful breasts and fertile womb
a quotation? "die"
a sport? Martial arts
a street fgihter character? M. Bison
a nintendo game or franchise? Oooohh... Probably starfox 64, mario sunshine, and wind waker.
2 ^ x + 3 ^ x = 50. Find x? A lot!
bwahahaha!!!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Verm would interview himself in his own thread. Btw, you should put all your answers in one post so you can link to it in the OP.

Q: How long are you gonna keep your maggot-infested man mop?
I was expecting to interview someone else, fool. >:U

I just was... voted for. D:

A: Forever.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
hmph! As you wish!

What's the most annoying move to face in this wondrous game of metagame-swallowing bats?
I'll name 5:

Shuttle loop: Obvious reasons. It kills way too early.

Peach's dair: It's worse than Snake's utilt, in my opinion.

Blade Dance: Hate it. Hate it with a burning ****ing passion.

Spin dash: Plain ****ing annoying.

R.O.B.'s nair: ...

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
What is your ideal murder complete with small details?
To tread the ground with thunderous stride, my obsidian cloak flowing with malovent grace in the wake of my majesty towards my kneeling prey. They shudder and whimper, as if in hopes (HA!) that his pitiful utterances will sway my final judgment more than his words.

His horror; it pervades the air around me; I quiver with lecherous anticipation for his lifeblood. I stand mighty and rigid above him; he before I. Within a measure of time imperceptible, my stalwart, titanic hand lifts him from the ground from which his ashes will fall by his throat. Without hesitation, I envelope his face and clasp; demanding his last breath as tribute.

And with a cackle, sharper than even my blade, I conduct a symphony of the horrible cataclysms to come. A toccata of calamity to dance upon the crowns of those who oppose me. I feel the unholy, ungodly blasphemy seize my corporeal being and channel through my judging hand, in exchange for his very soul. His lifeless silhouette falls limply; deathly. The wail and horror if his soul meanders through my body, but finds no refuge; only infinite sacrilege and darkness.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
If we ever met would you promise to Chain Choke me In real life?

What is Ganon's sexiest feature?

Estimate on the Ganonbulge?

Do you think you one of, if not the, Best Ganondorfs?

Opinion of his hellfire red corn rolls?

Are you Ganon?

Ever considered dying you hair red and corn rolling it?

Is Ganon proud?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
If we ever met would you promise to Chain Choke me In real life? Of course, Tero! What kind of Ganon would I be if I didn't? 3:

What is Ganon's sexiest feature? Legs. Oooh, those legs.

Estimate on the Ganonbulge? [b/Approximately one universe[/b]

Do you think you one of, if not the, Best Ganondorfs? I honestly have a hard time with this question. It's my desire to be the best, yes, but I can't honestly say if I am or not. The only way I feel I can appropriately answer that without over or underestimating myself is simply that I'm very confident in my 'Dorf powers! >:3

Opinion of his hellfire red corn rolls? The quintessence of majesty!

Are you Ganon? I thought this to be evident! :0

Ever considered dying you hair red and corn rolling it? I don't have authentic red hair, therefore it would be a sacrilege to the image of Ganon. However, I technically AM Ganon, so... paradox.

Is Ganon proud? His Kingship is naught but
10 character filler.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
I see how we're rolling here.

Questions:
Do you listen to music while you brawl? If so, which and what bands?
Do you like biscuits?
Do you play any other games than the Smash Bros-series?
Do you have a secondary character?
What's your favorite taunt with Ganon?

TP

Smash Master
Have you ended any matchups by Ganonciding away from the stage?

What are the worst johns you have heard from people that lose to you?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I see how we're rolling here.

Questions:
Do you listen to music while you brawl? If so, which and what bands?
Do you like biscuits?
Do you play any other games than the Smash Bros-series?
Do you have a secondary character?
What's your favorite taunt with Ganon?

1. Of course! Typically either Contra music or Nile. Nile's good murder music!

2. If they involve death, yes.

3. I'd die before I finished the list. Contra, Tales of, Baten Kaitos, Nippon Ichi games, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Starfox 64, Castlevania, etc.

4. Absolutely not! >:0

5. Up-taunt. Such raw, unadulterated power!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Have you ended any matchups by Ganonciding away from the stage?

What are the worst johns you have heard from people that lose to you?
1. Yes, actually lol. It was against some Ike. He was getting up from the ledge and I aerudo'd the *****.

2. "I don't know how to fight Ganon"

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm considering cutting my time short. I feel weird being the first person interviewed in my own thread lol. I'll give it another day or so. >w>

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
1. What is ganondorfs best move?
2. When you lose, what goes through in your mind?
3. For how long have you been maining Ganon?
4. Your favorite matchup is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom