• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
How I imagine things will play out if today ends up revealing Baby Mario Yoshi or Diddy and Dixie tag team:

Mod 1: SIR, THE BUTTHURT IS POURING IN! I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER WE'LL BE ABLE TO HOLD IT BACK!

Xiivii: Stay calm... we have to try to keep things under control for the sake of everyone here.

Mod 2: But there's just so much... hundreds of people are making new accounts just to complain... I... I don't how much longer I can take this...

Xiivii: I said hold your ground. We must try to keep order.

Mod 3: The threads are updating too fast, even on this new server... We're almost up to a page a minute! Can the servers even handle this?

Xiivii: ...

Mod 3: ...sir?

Xiivii: So it's come to this...

*smashes glass of SHUT... DOWN... EVERYTHING button.*

Mods: Sir!?!

Xiivii: Your dedication to Smash is admirable and I truly appreciate it. I... I couldn't ask for a better crew. Thank you for weathering the storm thus far but you are all dismissed.

Mod 1: But... what will you do?

Xiivii: Please understand... I must stay behind and take matters into my own hands. Sure, I'll have to answer hundreds of angry e-mails but I knew what responsibilities I would take on when I took this job. I will take the fall. Besides, it'll only be a few hours while everyone cools downs. Escape while you can.

Mod 2: I'll never forget you...

Xiivii: Time heals all wounds... There may be a day when these boards fall but not today... Not on my watch. Should we recover, I'll see you all again someday.

Mods: ... Sakurai be with you...

Xiivii: And also with you...

*all promptly log out leaving Xiivii to stare at the button*

Xiivii: I'm sorry Yoshi/Dixie... you deserved so much better...

*slams fist down*

Xiivii: Game set...
Wow it took you 8 years to become a moderator... Congrats!

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yup. It does sound likely. We've only had one newcomer revealed in a direct, and that was six months after we got our first newcomers. Now, two months after a newcomer, we get another newcomer. I'm not expecting a newcomer for a while. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's unlikely.
Normally, I'd agree with this sentiment. But this isn't 2013 anymore, and believe it or not, this game is almost ready to release. It would only make sense to start pumping out reveals for newcomers, like what they did with Brawl when it was close to release.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
How I imagine things will play out if today ends up revealing Baby Mario Yoshi or Diddy and Dixie tag team:

Mod 1: SIR, THE BUTTHURT IS POURING IN! I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER WE'LL BE ABLE TO HOLD IT BACK!

Xiivii: Stay calm... we have to try to keep things under control for the sake of everyone here.

Mod 2: But there's just so much... hundreds of people are making new accounts just to complain... I... I don't how much longer I can take this...

Xiivii: I said hold your ground. We must try to keep order.

Mod 3: The threads are updating too fast, even on this new server... We're almost up to a page a minute! Can the servers even handle this?

Xiivii: ...

Mod 3: ...sir?

Xiivii: So it's come to this...

*smashes glass of SHUT... DOWN... EVERYTHING button.*

Mods: Sir!?!

Xiivii: Your dedication to Smash is admirable and I truly appreciate it. I... I couldn't ask for a better crew. Thank you for weathering the storm thus far but you are all dismissed.

Mod 1: But... what will you do?

Xiivii: Please understand... I must stay behind and take matters into my own hands. Sure, I'll have to answer hundreds of angry e-mails but I knew what responsibilities I would take on when I took this job. I will take the fall. Besides, it'll only be a few hours while everyone cools downs. Escape while you can.

Mod 2: I'll never forget you...

Xiivii: Time heals all wounds... There may be a day when these boards fall but not today... Not on my watch. Should we recover, I'll see you all again someday.

Mods: ... Sakurai be with you...

Xiivii: And also with you...

*all promptly log out leaving Xiivii to stare at the button*

Xiivii: I'm sorry Yoshi/Dixie... you deserved so much better...

*slams fist down*

Xiivii: Game set...
When Smashboards goes down, Alfonzo hosts the site.
Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

(I'm sorry I had to I just saw an opportunity and went for it)
Also is there seriously a leak/rumor of Baby Mario/Yoshi being a team. I never heard of it, but that sounds awful.

peachy!

super princess
This type of reasoning doesn't make sense. Has Sakurai ever followed some kind of schedule or pattern? No.
True, but if he merely wanted to reveal a veteran who’s a shoe-in, like Diddy, he would have done so via PoTD. However, he used today’s picture of the day to inform us about the Nintendo Direct, which he has only done before when Rosalina was revealed. I think it’ll be a big announcement like a newcomer.

Will it be Diddy & Dixie? Hopefully not. I’d be disappointed if that is the case. Not because of Dixie being the DK rep, but because Sakurai was predictable. I want to be surprised tonight.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Here's I think it's gonna play out:
A trailer showing Diddy.....and then BOOM. Palutena drops from the heavens.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I feel like reading all of a sudden...
I c wat u did there.

Here's I think it's gonna play out:
A trailer showing Diddy.....and then BOOM. Palutena drops from the heavens.
All I can say is if the trailer starts with Diddy, I think we should expect different newcomer.
Because remember Mario Kart to Rosalina.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it'll start off looking like a trailer for Kid Icarus WiiU but then BAM, Smash bros.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Scrapping her heart moves would be odd for Peach, even if she didnt have it in Melee. And that ribbon for Up Smash seems Of enough relevance to me to say it didnt go anyway. I saw that this is her new Uair. Perhaps theyre utilizing more magic for Peach
If anything, that ribbon is so out of place... Today's pic doesn't really look like an Uair to me. Considering how she floats and moves in the air (all her current air moves have her in a "fetus like" position, legs up), she seems to be standing on a Battlefield platform in this pic.

I like her old Up Smash. That ribbon thing we saw in the mini gallery is so odd, like why ribbons? Did she use them in a recent game I don't know of? Judging from that, it is possible they scrapped that for this rainbow. I hope this is her new utilt though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If anything, that ribbon is so out of place... Today's pic doesn't really look like an Uair to me. Considering how she floats and moves in the air (all her current air moves have her in a "fetus like" position, legs up), she seems to be standing on a Battlefield platform in this pic.

I like her old Up Smash. That ribbon thing we saw in the mini gallery is so odd, like why ribbons? Did she use them in a recent game I don't know of? Judging from that, it is possible they scrapped that for this rainbow. I hope this is her new utilt though.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games opening scene, Peach is shown to be good at ribbon-dancing.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Ugh but those games aren't canon are they? That's like giving Mario an ice skating move or something. I really hope they scrapped that.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Peach is kind of a weird character to pin down in general given that she has probably at least 3 or 4 variation on what her character is depending on which game in the series your playing.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
7 more god damn hours to go

And Is this her new up tilt?
Or did they change her up smash?
Sakurai did mention that peaches moves were subject to change

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sure, dude. Believe what you want to believe. If you think Sakurai twitted us just to reveal a veteran, especially when both times he did that was to reveal a newcomer (Rosaluma) and a third party character (Sonic), that is fine then. IMO that is highly unlikely.
My opinion exactly. Why utilize a Nintendo Direct just to reveal Diddy... Don't get me wrong, hes going to be in the game, but he is no hype train, thats for sure.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Idk, thats all I see is a Uair. Do you see how her back is slightly arched? That's my reason :p lol

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh yes Sakurai mentioning the Direct in the caption without anything else is a good sign. I'm pumped...just 7 more hours.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ugh but those games aren't canon are they? That's like giving Mario an ice skating move or something. I really hope they scrapped that.
Well, technically, her moveset somewhat represents the spin-off franchise (and another part being SMB2).

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
7 more god damn hours to go

And Is this her new up tilt?
Or did they change her up smash?
Sakurai did mention that peaches moves were subject to change
I think its an up tilt, cuz she has ribbons in her up smash now

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Guys, please, for the sake of the sanity of the Mods, Miiverse Talk please.

Ahem.

This is the second time Peach has been in a pre-Direct teasing pic. Olimar has been in two pics that came Before the REAL Pic. I do wonder if that's on purpose.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Peach is kind of a weird character to pin down in general given that she has probably at least 3 or 4 variation on what her character is depending on which game in the series your playing.
But does she use a Rainbow in any of her games? I'm confused.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Pretty. Most likely a new Up-tilt. That move was changed from Melee to Brawl, too.

Not sure if I like rainbows on Peach, though. What's the origin of the attack?

Could also possibly be an item - however, it doesn't look like a generic item pose/animation to me.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guys, please, for the sake of the sanity of the Mods, Miiverse Talk please.
^ This guy gets it. I don't want to spend the night on a psychiatric hospital.

Also, I think the rainbow move is her new up aerial. She has the ribbons for the up Smash and the hearts for the up tilt. Judging by her position, she seems airborne too.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Also, I think the rainbow move is her new up aerial. She has the ribbons for the up Smash and the hearts for the up tilt. Judging by her position, she seems airborne too.
Thank you kindly. :)

Also, that is most likely the case. Remember, her old Up Air gave us a veeery easy peek upder her dress. And Sakurai has said he's annoyed by that, so it'd make sense of she got a new one. Plus, when Peach was first revealed, Sakurai did say her moves may be changed. So, yeah, most likely her Up Air. It's pretty.

D

Deleted member

Um...Bowser was the main antagonist in that?
Um...Bowser was only the final boss in that?

He had VERY LITTLE to do with the plot, whereas Waluigi is the only reason the game has a plot to begin with.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

Yeah I don't know her moveset all too well but unless this is one of the changes that Sakurai mentioned might take place from when we first saw her, I'm pretty certain this is her up air.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Does she use her butt?

Not all moves need an origin guys. Look at Luigi's final smash!
That's true. Point taken.... now.. enough about Peach..
I have an exellent idea, let's change the subject.gif

If a newcomer was to appear today, who would it be? Well, other than Dixie and Diddy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom