• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Lol sorry. You have to admit though, with the Direct incoming in less than 3 hours, it's a little hard to focus on Peach's rainbow xD
That is understandable, of course, but remember, it's just as easy to post in the Direct thread as it is to post in this one. ^^ With the added bonus that you follow rules and such. Remember, every time you go off topic, a Mod loses his wings. Also Money.

And really, this Rainbow is talk-worthy! Taste the Rainbow, KoRLumen!

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
That is understandable, of course, but remember, it's just as easy to post in the Direct thread as it is to post in this one. ^^ With the added bonus that you follow rules and such. Remember, every time you go off topic, a Mod loses his wings. Also Money.

And really, this Rainbow is talk-worthy! Taste the Rainbow, KoRLumen!
Omnomnomnomnom

Taking a closer look, I notice the ends of her hair are a bit... lumpy. I just thought that was a little amusing lol.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ribbon could be a tilt
Where do you guys recommend watching the Direct?
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/02-13-2014/ should work well.

@ KoRLumen KoRLumen
I guess it's cuz' we rarely see her hair from that angle. We usually only see it from the side or behind. ^^

Also, guys, that ribbon attack is identical to her old Up Smash, so it's probably the same, only with Ribbon effects. We've seen her Up Tilt, it's the heart attack. This is most likely her new Up Air, since I bet Sakurai wanted to remove the panty-shot kick he had, hehe.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ribbon could be a tilt
Where do you guys recommend watching the Direct?
The ribbon feels more Up Smash though. The "Rainbow Wave" as I'll dub it feels like it'll take less time.

They've shown both her up tilt and up smash. They either replaced one with a rainbow move, she has a new taunt, or that's an item. Personally, I think it's a taunt or an item.
Or, they updated it.
Remember, Sakurai said that "moves are subject to change" and that's what could be happening here.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/02-13-2014/ should work well.

@ KoRLumen KoRLumen
I guess it's cuz' we rarely see her hair from that angle. We usually only see it from the side or behind. ^^

Also, guys, that ribbon attack is identical to her old Up Smash, so it's probably the same, only with Ribbon effects. We've seen her Up Tilt, it's the heart attack. This is most likely her new Up Air, since I bet Sakurai wanted to remove the panty-shot kick he had, hehe.
Thats unlikely, seeing as that animation is the same as her Up Smash
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/02-13-2014/
Thanks

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
They've shown both her up tilt and up smash. They either replaced one with a rainbow move, she has a new taunt, or that's an item. Personally, I think it's a taunt or an item.
I think her taunts are set ever since Brawl. Taunts arent exactly getting changes, but Sakurai stated that characters are.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Ridley Trailer:
Samus appears fighting Fox on Phaaze/Starfox Stage for a few moments, Fox about to deliver a Smash attack when the trailer switches to CGI, a shrieking roar being heard behind the two fighters as Fox turns around and he gets bombed with fireballs, being sent flying as Samus pauses for a moment, looking around nervously before the Ridley Battle music slowly starts to fade into the trailer, the music exploding all of sudden as Ridley rams Samus, crashing her againist a wall as an elaborate, epic CGI fight takes place, Samus being damaged to the point of her Varia Suit shooting sparks, Ridley towering over her as the caption appears 'RIDLEY'S TIRED OF WAITING' referencing both the 3 games he wasn't playable and the fact that he wants to finish Samus off...

A familiar engine sound's suddenly heard as we see a dark figure jumping into the air, shouting FALCON PAWNCH! before launching towards Ridley, the space dragon barely dodging it as he stands there, huffing and looking at both Samus and Captain Falcon as she stands up, a close-up of Captain's Falcon face before he yells 'COME ON! SHOW ME YA' MOVES' and rushes towards Ridley with Samus, the Smash logo appearing and splitting into 3DS/WiiU like on the first trailer, before showing 'summer 2014'.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ridley Trailer:
Samus appears fighting Fox on Phaaze/Starfox Stage for a few moments, Fox about to deliver a Smash attack when the trailer switches to CGI, a shrieking roar being heard behind the two fighters as Fox turns around and he gets bombed with fireballs, being sent flying as Samus pauses for a moment, looking around nervously before the Ridley Battle music slowly starts to fade into the trailer, the music exploding all of sudden as Ridley rams Samus, crashing her againist a wall as an elaborate, epic CGI fight takes place, Samus being damaged to the point of her Varia Suit shooting sparks, Ridley towering over her as the caption appears 'RIDLEY'S TIRED OF WAITING' referencing both the 3 games he wasn't playable and the fact that he wants to finish Samus off...

A familiar engine sound's suddenly heard as we see a dark figure jumping into the air, shouting FALCON PAWNCH! before launching towards Ridley, the space dragon barely dodging it as he stands there, huffing and looking at both Samus and Captain Falcon as she stands up, a close-up of Captain's Falcon face before he yells 'COME ON! SHOW ME YA' MOVES' and rushes towards Ridley with Samus, the Smash logo appearing and splitting into 3DS/WiiU like on the first trailer, before showing 'summer 2014'.
I'd want it just for Captain Falcon.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Ridley Trailer:

A guy can dream.
Fixed it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ridley Trailer:

That's nice and all, but this could have better fitted into the Social thread and not the Miiverse Daily screenshots thread.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Ridley Trailer:

I want CF's return to be alongside Little Mac personally, but that's cool too.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
When did Sakurai say that about upskirts and what made him change his mind? Remember this?

I think this was one of the official pictures of the day thing Brawl had. It's part of fanservice-y games like this IMO... and Japanese.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
When did Sakurai say that about upskirts and what made him change his mind? Remember this?

I think this was one of the official pictures of the day thing Brawl had. It's part of fanservice-y games like this IMO... and Japanese.
Look at Diddy, averting his eyes like a gent.

That, or he isn't into hairless chicks.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
The ribbon feels more Up Smash though. The "Rainbow Wave" as I'll dub it feels like it'll take less time.

Or, they updated it.
Remember, Sakurai said that "moves are subject to change" and that's what could be happening here.
That was already one of my listed options.

I think her taunts are set ever since Brawl. Taunts arent exactly getting changes, but Sakurai stated that characters are.
Um first off, "set ever since Brawl" doesn't make sense, since there hasn't been a Smash game since. Secondly, Sakurai never said "I'm not making any changes to taunts. Just movesets."

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Ridley Trailer:

10/10 would watch that highly unlikely but awesome trailer again.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
That was already one of my listed options.

Um first off, "set ever since Brawl" doesn't make sense, since there hasn't been a Smash game since. Secondly, Sakurai never said "I'm not making any changes to taunts. Just movesets."
Uh, Im stating that the 3 taunts they received in Brawl are most likely going to be their taunts again. Also, Sakurai DID mention that MOVES might get changed. Want a source? Lemme look for it.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Uh, Im stating that the 3 taunts they received in Brawl are most likely going to be their taunts again. Also, Sakurai DID mention that MOVES might get changed. Want a source? Lemme look for it.
Link and Samus completely lost their Taunts from Melee to Brawl. Of course Taunts can change. :/ Really isn't something Worth arguing for.

I do doubt what Peach does here is a Taunt, though. Looks a lot like a move, and since her lower half is hidden, I assume it's a Air Move~

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
I already know he said moves could change, I don't need a source. But your statement that taunts won't change is baseless speculation.

Link and Samus completely lost their Taunts from Melee to Brawl. Of course Taunts can change. :/ Really isn't something Worth arguing for.

I do doubt what Peach does here is a Taunt, though. Looks a lot like a move, and since her lower half is hidden, I assume it's a Air Move~
It could also be an item though. I'm just saying, her tilt and smash have been shown. While it's possible that Sakurai has changed one of those moves, or an aerial move. I think it's a little more likely that this is not one of her moves. But if it is a move, I agree with you, it's likely an u-air.

Last edited:

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt it's a taunt. The two flashes of light at each end of the rainbow quite clearly indicate where the hitbox starts and finishes, imo.

Still could be an item. I'd be more inclined to believe it was an aerial attack if she had removed her crown. But I guess U-air is just as likely as U-tilt, though I'd personally like her to keep her old U-air. U-tilt needs the buff.

Last edited:

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it's a taunt. The two flashes of light at each end of the rainbow quite clearly indicate where the hitbox starts and finishes, imo.

Still could be an item. I'd be more inclined to believe it was an aerial attack if she had removed her crown. But I guess U-air is just as likely as U-tilt, though I'd personally like her to keep her old U-air. U-tilt needs the buff.
Um....she did remove her crown, look at the picture again. I don't see anything wrong with giving the up air some pizazz. Nobody says the damage has to decrease on the thing, in fact, who is to say it doesn't increase from the 15%. The kick seemed rather out of character to me anyways.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Um....she did remove her crown, look at the picture again. I don't see anything wrong with giving the up air some pizazz. Nobody says the damage has to decrease on the thing, in fact, who is to say it doesn't increase from the 15%. The kick seemed rather out of character to me anyways.
If you look closely, you can see the tip of the crown still on her head.

And it isn't all about damage, especially with Peach. She can already rack up pretty well. However, U-air was one of her only good kill moves in Melee. It was already nerfed in Brawl, and, if this is her U-air, it doesn't look like a move with much kill potential. I hope I'm wrong, though. A strong U-air would benefit Peach much more than a strong U-tilt.

Last edited:

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
The ribbon is her up smash right? When was her up tilt shown?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom