• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No Diddy? A reference to the Direct? A reference to Valentine's Day despite it being a freakishly obscure holiday in Japan? Oh boy... If the Diddy and Dixie pair ends up becoming a thing, today's going to wind up being:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thanks Sakurai, a bunch of thanks, I was so hyped for a double veteran-newcomer reveal and now there's a chance we'll get an unimportant character tagging along with Diddy...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Thanks Sakurai, a bunch of thanks, I was so hyped for a double veteran-newcomer reveal and now there's a chance we'll get an unimportant character tagging along with Diddy...
How in the world is a character who has starred in many of the Donkey Kong series games unimportant? This site has users who have some seriously strange meanings for the word ''relevant" and ''important."

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Alright, so here's what I'm thinking for tomorrow's trailer.
At first it's a fake out reveal of Diddy Kong, then after some wacky antics Dixy shows up, then BAM Diddy AND Dixy swing in or whatever. They show off some moves and stuff, then the trailer "ends".
Music switches to Gangplank galleon. Some credits roll by, but everything starts with K. Directed by Kasahiro Kasarai, Kuper Krash bros. for Wii U and DS, Koming 2014. Then when the song hits the part where it kicks up, trailer starts again, this time it's King K. Rool.

Make it happen Sakurai.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Dixie Kong: Been in 16 games, playable in all 16. Created in 1995.

Figure out the stats for some other characters and I think you'll find she's way more 'deserving' (whatever that means) and a whole less unimportant than a lot of others who you've deemed worthy.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Little Mac Enters the Ring!
Palutena Shines down onto the Battlefield!
Dixie swings in!
Ridley Is Not Too Big!

I predict this is what the newcomers will be said, hehe. Also, I do expect Dixie somehow, but.. that'd be so boring (for me). D: I wanna be Cranky.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Little Mac Enters the Ring!
Palutena Shines down onto the Battlefield!
Dixie swings in!
Ridley Is Not Too Big!

I predict this is what the newcomers will be said, hehe. Also, I do expect Dixie somehow, but.. that'd be so boring (for me). D: I wanna be Cranky.
Mewtwo Used Return!
Lucina Challenges Fate!
Ridley Makes His Big Debut!
Ghirahim...why did we include him?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Dixie Kong: Been in 16 games, playable in all 16. Created in 1995.

Figure out the stats for some other characters and I think you'll find she's way more 'deserving' (whatever that means) and a whole less unimportant than a lot of others who you've deemed worthy.
Waluigi: Been in 40+ games, playable in all except the one he's the main antagonist in. Created in 2000.

Rosalina: Been in 7 games, playable in 4. Created in 2007.

That's hardly the entire picture necessary for finding what makes someone "deserving".

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Waluigi: Been in 40+ games, playable in all except the one he's the main antagonist in. Created in 2000.

That's hardly the entire picture necessary for finding what makes someone "deserving".
What game is he the main antagonist in? o.o

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
16? List please.

Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 8.42.23 pm.png

Yet, if Waluigi was included to represent the Sport's and Spin-off series, I would consider him a suitable inclusion.

Rosalina adds something new and represents the two Galaxy games which were huge, and somewhat of a turning point in the Mario series.

There are a lot of characters I think are deserving - the only reason I brought up Dixie's past is because people are saying that she's unimportant, yet I think they fail to realise she's a big part of Nintendo's history, and even had her own game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yet, if Waluigi was included to represent the Sport's and Spin-off series, I would consider him a suitable inclusion.

Rosalina adds something new and represents the two Galaxy games which were huge, and somewhat of a turning point in the Mario series.

There are a lot of characters I think are deserving - the only reason I brought up Dixie's past is because people are saying that she's unimportant, yet I think they fail to realise she's a big part of Nintendo's history, and even had her own game.
But it's not a matter of what you find deserving or suitable, it's what Sakurai does. And he found the character with less than half her appearances playable and less than a half dozen appearances in general (prior to inclusion) more "deserving" to include over several other characters from her series with a much better track record by your amount of games/playable ratio. I mean, look at WFT: been in 2 games, playable in none.

I'm not saying Dixie isn't deserving, all I was saying is what is "deserving" is a lot broader and more subjective than can be defined by some ratio.

But like I said, this isn't really topical anymore.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if the rainbow is a new taunt or an up-air. Sakurai did say characters were subject to change and it seems more in character than an headbutt.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
But like I said, this isn't really topical anymore.
Fair enough. Just want to let you know, I know where you're coming from. I didn't mean the ratio was the only thing to consider, but it's at least something for the seemingly huge amount of Dixie haters to think about.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well hoping diddy is not the big reveal, newcomers seem to be more direct worthy

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
well hoping diddy is not the big reveal, newcomers seem to be more direct worthy
If Dixie is part of Diddy, though, will that Count as a newcomer? I don't care much for Dixie, but that should at least mean we'll get footage, and footage is Always nice. ^^

If there is a god, though, Ridley will be revealed tonight. Too bad I am a atheist... D:

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I wonder if the Rainbow has it's own hitboxes and stuff or is nothing more than a graphical effect. I didn't play Peach too much so I'm not sure what the impact would be, but I'm totes going to tell my friend about it.

Also, I know I said it before, but this pic only further supports the probability of Dixie/Diddy pair being confirmed. People are saying he could be just throwing us off/trolling us, but I honestly don't think Sakurai would do that, albeit we could be misinterpreting his statements. One thing I hope though is that we also get K. Rool, because even though I can honestly say that I've never played a DKC game (but I've been trying to get into them), I really want more villains. If Dixie and Diddy share a roster slot, perhaps that boosts his chance by some perverse form of logic?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the choices are

Diddy/Dixie (Tropical Freeze)
King K. Rool (Same)
Yoshi (Yoshi's New Island ect.)
Little Mac (Next Level Games Tweet)
Shulk (Monolith Tweet)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Little Mac (Next Level Games Tweet)
If we go by that, then Shulk is also a valid choice, because the developer of Xenoblade twitted as well.

Anyway, I can't believe there are people saying Dixei isn't deserving to be in Smash. lol.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Just as long as they play like Zelda/Sheik or Pokémon trainer i'm fine with it. But if we get the Ice Climbers' way...then i'll be disapointed.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmmm, Peach, Valentines day, there is more to this........... She probably bakes mario a cake on valentines day....... Interesting. PEACH'S CAKE COMFIRMED TO BE IN NINTENDO DIRECT! Jk:troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we go by that, then Shulk is also a valid choice, because the developer of Xenoblade twitted as well.
I'll add that to the list too.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Oh man, theres so many possibilities for who could be revealed...
Chibi Robo, Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Lip from dat nintendo puzzle game, Paper Mario, Shulk

First thing I thought of when I saw today's pic...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh man, theres so many possibilities for who could be revealed...
Chibi Robo, Little Mac, K. Rool, Ridley, Lip from dat nintendo puzzle game, Paper Mario, Shulk

First thing I thought of when I saw today's pic...
Oh, I thought of this.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The thing about dixie's that she would be a Luigified Diddy best-case-scenario. K. Rool has more potential and we already got two new females, we need BAD GUYS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom