• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Slingshot is B-air :troll: The biggest mystery to me regarding Villager's moveset is his tree and bowling ball. I'm sure the shovel pitfall move will be the Down Smash, though.
Why does everyone think the shovel move will be a down smash? I really don't think a move like that would be a smash, especially since it has a pitfall effect. I'm pretty sure the shovel is the down special, with the tree being a side special. I would guess that once he plants the tree, he'll get access to his axe as long as the tree remains (other people should be able to chop it down). The bowling ball seems like a smash (which is weird I know), but that's just what it looks like to me. I could be wrong, but after playing smash for so long that's what I would think.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Why does everyone think the shovel move will be a down smash? I really don't think a move like that would be a smash, especially since it has a pitfall effect. I'm pretty sure the shovel is the down special, with the tree being a side special. I would guess that once he plants the tree, he'll get access to his axe as long as the tree remains (other people should be able to chop it down). The bowling ball seems like a smash (which is weird I know), but that's just what it looks like to me. I could be wrong, but after playing smash for so long that's what I would think.
Did you watch the Developer Direct? It's clearly a smash.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Dude, how? That wouldn't make any sense. Does Sakurai actually state that it's a smash?
The kid has a projectile for a back-air. He has a super weird recovery. He can grab any projectile in the game. Just because we've never seen a pitfall as a smash before doesn't mean it can't happen. After all, Zero Suit Samus's down smash stuns, which none other ever did. Plus, Mega Man's jab attack is composed of projectiles, and he has a projectile for a forward smash. It's safe to say unique things are happening in this one.

Either way having watched it again, you may be right, but the way it hits on both sides makes it look like a down smash to me. Plus, he shows off the seed-planting move, and the Villager does it out of a crouch, which means it must be his down-B. The only other thing we've seen that could be his down smash are the fireworks, but again, he performs that move out of a crouch, so it seems like a tilt to me, though I suppose the weed-pulling move could be his down tilt as well. He performs the shovel, however, from a standing position. I suppose it could be his forward smash, but again, it hits on both sides.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
A meteor air grab! That would be epic! Especially if you can suicide with someone!
I guess in the sense of the character "grabbing" another character it would be that way, but I'm hoping for a literal grab that you can smack them a couple of times and then have the 4 directional throws.

b

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
The kid has a projectile for a back-air. He has a super weird recovery. He can grab any projectile in the game. Just because we've never seen a pitfall as a smash before doesn't mean it can't happen. After all, Zero Suit Samus's down smash stuns, which none other ever did. Plus, Mega Man's jab attack is composed of projectiles, and he has a projectile for a forward smash. It's safe to say unique things are happening in this one.

Either way having watched it again, you may be right, but the way it hits on both sides makes it look like a down smash to me. Plus, he shows off the seed-planting move, and the Villager does it out of a crouch, which means it must be his down-B. The only other thing we've seen that could be his down smash are the fireworks, but again, he performs that move out of a crouch, so it seems like a tilt to me, though I suppose the weed-pulling move could be his down tilt as well. He performs the shovel, however, from a standing position. I suppose it could be his forward smash, but again, it hits on both sides.
We'll just have to wait and see, as Sakurai was really confusing with the way he showed off the moves. For all we know, he could just be crouching and hitting the c-stick up among other random stuff. To me though, the overall length and recovery of the move reminds me of DK's side-B (another pitfall effect move).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
We'll just have to wait and see, as Sakurai was really confusing with the way he showed off the moves. For all we know, he could just be crouching and hitting the c-stick up among other random stuff. To me though, the overall length and recovery of the move reminds me of DK's side-B (another pitfall effect move).
Or the actual pitfall item...?

The animation looks like a smash and the rest of the moves we've seen don't match up with it being a down-b. That's all I'm saying.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Or the actual pitfall item...?

The animation looks like a smash and the rest of the moves we've seen don't match up with it being a down-b. That's all I'm saying.
Dude....I mean how long it takes for him to go through his shovel animation.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
No longer than, say, Ganon's down smash. Or Peach's. Or Ike's. What's your point?

The tree is his down B. I guarantee it.
The tree and shovel were interchangeable in my original idea. So if his tree is definitely his down B, then the shovel could be his side B. I don't know about using people like Ike and Ganondorf for examples though, because they are the heavier and slower characters (while peach's smash hits multi-directional at one instance like Pika's).

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
The tree and shovel were interchangeable in my original idea. So if his tree is definitely his down B, then the shovel could be his side B. I don't know about using people like Ike and Ganondorf for examples though, because they are the heavier and slower characters (while peach's smash hits multi-directional at one instance like Pika's).
Why would his side B hit in both directions? That makes no sense.
Hell, if you want to be picky about it, it's not much longer, if at all, than Link's down smash. Either way, the Villager doesn't appear to be a mega-fast character, so I hardly see the issue. Besides, if it is a down smash, and it has an effect like that, it should be tough to land.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Why would his side B hit in both directions? That makes no sense.
Hell, if you want to be picky about it, it's not much longer, if at all, than Link's down smash. Either way, the Villager doesn't appear to be a mega-fast character, so I hardly see the issue. Besides, if it is a down smash, and it has an effect like that, it should be tough to land.
Nothing makes sense in this game :awesome:. Btw, I found it's probably his down smash after all. I still think it's kind of OP for one, but whatever. If you listen when he does the shovel, it's the same sound cue that can be easily heard when Mega-Man charges his up and down smashes (later in the vid). I originally thought this was just the pitfall sound, but either way it's still the exact same sound.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Nothing makes sense in this game :awesome:. Btw, I found it's probably his down smash after all. I still think it's kind of OP for one, but whatever. If you listen when he does the shovel, it's the same sound cue that can be easily heard when Mega-Man charges his up and down smashes (later in the vid). I originally thought this was just the pitfall sound, but either way it's still the exact same sound.
Eh, I don't see how it's any more OP than ZSS's. That DK was obviously not trying to escape, which is why he stayed buried for so long, and hey, maybe it'll get a bit nerfed before the actual release.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Eh, I don't see how it's any more OP than ZSS's. That DK was obviously not trying to escape, which is why he stayed buried for so long, and hey, maybe it'll get a bit nerfed before the actual release.
Yeah, that could always happen. I knew the DK wasn't trying to escape, but still a move that can pitfall and hit in both directions (catching dodging opponents) sounds pretty freakin good to me. What if it spikes perfectly and consistently on the edge of the stage. Jesus, this kid's gonna be really good. Lol, but just imagine villager burying you and chopping a tree down to finish the job. Or if he saved Samus's final smash in his pocket :awesome:.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah, that could always happen. I knew the DK wasn't trying to escape, but still a move that can pitfall and hit in both directions (catching dodging opponents) sounds pretty freakin good to me. What if it spikes perfectly and consistently on the edge of the stage. Jesus, this kid's gonna be really good. Lol, but just imagine villager burying you and chopping a tree down to finish the job. Or if he saved Samus's final smash in his pocket :awesome:.
Point taken: The Villager will be SSS tier. :troll:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Ah ha.... yes.

Hey, are you that guy that makes Super Smash Bros. Paper? It looks sweet... :p
???
I make paper smash bros characters (have 5 done so far), but what I really make is paper mega man. I made all the main heros, villains, and all mega man 1 and 2 robot masters.
Samples of my work: (some funky spoiler things going on...)

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
???
I make paper smash bros characters (have 5 done so far), but what I really make is paper mega man. I made all the main heros, villains, and all mega man 1 and 2 robot masters.
Samples of my work: (some funky spoiler things going on...)
Can you make paper Paper Mario?

BOOM! Head trauma.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Whatever, ill make Luigi or Pikachu next.
Also, Im gonna guess that tomorrows pic will have MR SATURN toon link in it. Why? BECAUSE KILLER INSTINCTS!!!
But wouldn't you need red construction paper for Pika's blushy cheeks?

Hmm.. something very fishy is going on here.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
But wouldn't you need red construction paper for Pika's blushy cheeks?

Hmm.. something very fishy is going on here.
I have very small scraps left. Enough to do small thinks like pikas cheeks, pits shoulder things, bowsers hair, peachs shoes, etc.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I have very small scraps left. Enough to do small thinks like pikas cheeks, pits shoulder things, bowsers hair, peachs shoes, etc.
Aww :(

But can't you just make a really really tiny paper paper Mario out of the scraps?

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
It's his down smash, the move has the sparkle that appears when you start a smash attack. It's more apparent if you watch the video in slow motion

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I'm liking the straightforwardness and professionalism of these pics this month. So far, ever since Marth, every pic has shown SOMETHING new or went further into detail about an actual element of the game. Here's to a month of (hopefully) few joke pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom