• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
What i can gather from all these comments about villagers net grab:
For big people fitting, i think it will work. Just think of kirby swallowing bowser who is way bigger than him.
As for zair, zero suit samus diddnt have one. Maybe villager will, maybe not.
Im curious about his throw animations.
As for tether grabs, this one seems shorter ranged than a grapple but farther than a non tether.
It would be fun tobsee if villager can carry people like donkey kong.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I wonder if it's possible instead of the character somehow getting the net off them. They break the net if they get out of Villager's grab. Either that means Villager's grabs will be less effective temporarily or it will just regenerate immediately so he can grab again is another question entirely.

BlkSheep642

Smash Apprentice
My question is if that's his grab, is what we're seeing just a frame from right when villager nets the character with his grab, which then transitions to villager drawing them in and holding the victim in a more traditional grab(like with the hookshot or the grapple beam), or is that what villager's actual hold animation looks like? And if so, what is his grab+A attack? Does he kick them repeatedly in the shins? Prod the net? Are there bees stuck in that net that sting the victim?

Edit: And I somehow got ninjaed by a post posted 10 minutes ago.

"The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam. "

That's the text on the miiverse thing.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Punching bag as a pummel sounds hilarious since he already has the gloves.

Rosalina could be cool in smash if they don't just make he a peach clone.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
I'd imagine, and actually wouldn't mind that if there were to be anything to do with Rosalina in the next Smash, it would be an alt. costume for Peach. If she is a character, just no Peach clone PLEASE. ;_;

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'd imagine, and actually wouldn't mind that if there were to be anything to do with Rosalina in the next Smash, it would be an alt. costume for Peach. If she is a character, just no Peach clone PLEASE. ;_;
I would be happiest with that, but I wouldn't count on it. Though it would be amazing if Peach got a full model swap and the Rosalina costume had a Luma counter.

iHook

Smash Cadet
"The Villager's bug catching net that was shown in the movie is actually a grapple move. It is sort of like Link's Clawshot and Samus's Grapple Beam. "

That's the text on the miiverse thing.
This is what I first thought. Or something possibly similar to a command grab like Bowser or Lucario (sideB).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I would think that he means Villager's Net is similar to the Grappling Beam or Hook Shot by the fact that once you execute them, they last for a few frames before going back. It would also be neat if you could hold it for a few seconds and tiptoe before netting an opponent just like in the Animal Crossing games.

As for the Direct, Sakurai leads our expectations astray once more! Is it just me or does SM3DW look funner than I thought?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
As for the Direct, Sakurai leads our expectations astray once more! Is it just me or does SM3DW look funner than I thought?
SM3DW is the only 3D Mario game I've ever been excited for, and I can't wait to get it. But everyone thought it would be crap because it's not Galaxy 3. -_-

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I was planning not to pick this up because I'm bored of Mario games. But now I'm on the fence because it looks way more content-packed than 3D Land (that game sucked) and FREAKIN' ROSALINA!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Rosalina being in 3D world kind of interests me, if only because it opens doors for roster speculation.

Also I would hope for the solid gold coin train to be a stage, but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Agreed. 3 new things last week and already 2 things this week when September and October averaged about 1 new thing a week. Can't complain so far.
Not at all. :)

*Stifles chuckle* Everyone is talking about Rosalina for Smash 4...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not at all. :)

*Stifles chuckle* Everyone is talking about Rosalina for Smash 4...
Well, we have no newcomer information coming in at all since E3. Of course people will talk.

I dunno though, I'm more attracted to the notion of a giant golden space train for a stage. But I guess I have weird tastes or something.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I woul like a Golden Space Train stage very much. As well as a Golden Shower stage as a bonus.

Dear Sakurai..

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Well, we have no newcomer information coming in at all since E3. Of course people will talk.

I dunno though, I'm more attracted to the notion of a giant golden space train for a stage. But I guess I have weird tastes or something.
Not at all. The gold train would be perfect and gorgeous as a stage. ALSO I for one have been a HUUUUGE Rosalina fan since Galaxy, so Im sort of super excited that shes becoming more relevant, enough so to be her own playable character in a 3D Mario. The little fangirl in me want to be hopeful for her in Smash but I doubt thatll be the case.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Villager can use his net as an air grab, much like Wario's bite.

He has 3 confirmed special moves iirc: Slingshot, Balloons and that absorb thing. That bug net is possibly the 4th, he is actually airborne when he does the bug net in the trailer. That ain't gameplay though.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
He has 3 confirmed special moves iirc: Slingshot, Balloons and that absorb thing. That bug net is possibly the 4th, he is actually airborne when he does the bug net in the trailer. That ain't gameplay though.
Pretty sure the slingshot is his back-air.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
*Insert post telling you Slingshot is bair* :troll:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

4th time....slingshot is Bair, my finnish friend.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Slingshot is B-air :troll: The biggest mystery to me regarding Villager's moveset is his tree and bowling ball. I'm sure the shovel pitfall move will be the Down Smash, though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Slingshot is B-air.

*Only saying it cuz it's apparently cewl to say it* :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom