• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Villager's grab works similar to tether grabs? Villager having a terrible grab confirmed.

Seriously though, hope they fix all tether grabs, these type of grabs should be the same as regular grabs but only having a longer range.
They did this with Olimar and its nearly gamebreaking that he has nearly the longest grab range with cooldown that was far too short

You can't just give something massive range and give it the same frame data as a low range move thats exactly the same. Especially when its a move that literally beats every other move(this i what grabs do...)

Stuff like Samus and Lucas having absurdly long end lag needs to be tweaked but tether grabs deserve to be laggy.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, before Villager was announced, I expected an AC character to use the fishing rod to grab and as a recovery. Oops. It actually doesn't seem to be in his moveset at all?

I did too for the same reason. I just hope his fishing rod isn't left out.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh, look. A cute, innocuous picture that in no way looks suspicious.

Character reveal confirmed.

Seriously though, good to see the net in action. It'd be weird to see that move as a tether recovery, but I guess Sakurai can make it work out fine.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Oh, look. A cute, innocuous picture that in no way looks suspicious.

Character reveal confirmed.

Seriously though, good to see the net in action. It'd be weird to see that move as a tether recovery, but I guess Sakurai can make it work out fine.

What if it's not really a tether but just a longer range with longer ending lag. Sakurai said it was "sort of" like Samus and Link's grab. But at the same time we never know what to expect with Sakurai though

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope once he gets the opponent with that grab he punches them hard like you'd do with a punching bag. Would be ****ing hilarious. Or better yet, he beats them with the shovel LOL

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
My question is if that's his grab, is what we're seeing just a frame from right when villager nets the character with his grab, which then transitions to villager drawing them in and holding the victim in a more traditional grab(like with the hookshot or the grapple beam), or is that what villager's actual hold animation looks like? And if so, what is his grab+A attack? Does he kick them repeatedly in the shins? Prod the net? Are there bees stuck in that net that sting the victim?

Edit: And I somehow got ninjaed by a post posted 10 minutes ago.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
With Namco Bandi helping out, do you guys think we'll get the ability to grab an opponent in the air as a few of the characters can in Tekken? I think it would be sweet if the characters with tether grabs can use it in the air for air grabs.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
With Namco Bandi helping out, do you guys think we'll get the ability to grab an opponent in the air as a few of the characters can in Tekken? I think it would be sweet if the characters with tether grabs can use it in the air for air grabs.
Please let Villager's air grab be a pile driver! :awesome:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Samus can in theory grab things with the Grapple Beam in-air in the Metroid games, and Ridley often carries his opponents up in the air too. Can definitely see it as a possibility.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Well I think all the air grabs in Tekken are attack grabs, right? You can't just use a normal grab in the air. Smash Bros. is already like Tekken in that sense. Bowser's B forward can be an air grab, so can Gannondorf's. I can't think of any air throws off the top of my head though(except in project M).

I do think more air grabs would be cool though.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Please let Villager's air grab be a pile driver! :awesome:
A meteor air grab! That would be epic! Especially if you can suicide with someone!
Well I think all the air grabs in Tekken are attack grabs, right? You can't just use a normal grab in the air. Smash Bros. is already like Tekken in that sense. Bowser's B forward can be an air grab, so can Gannondorf's. I can't think of any air throws off the top of my head though(except in project M).

I do think more air grabs would be cool though.
I guess in the sense of the character "grabbing" another character it would be that way, but I'm hoping for a literal grab that you can smack them a couple of times and then have the 4 directional throws.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Would be totally awesome but the risk of being broken is high

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
This grab can be broken if the hitbox is giant and knockback fix/small...
Or pathetic if the delay is giant (like it seems) and knockback being normal.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Neat, excited to play as Villager!

I hope the Nintnedo Direct today reveals a veteran reveal, like Zelda. I mean we just got Marth so not like we're entitled to one or anything, but still hoping.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Marth banner hasn't disappeared. Not that I'm counting it as anything, considering it could very easily just update alongside the main page with a new character, but it's interesting nonetheless since it has been away before every other character reveal.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Jeez 10 AM in Central time? Really wish Nintendo would post Time Zones alongside the Pacific time, its pretty confusing. Missing the hype if a new character is confirmed is something I really don't want to miss.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
The Marth banner hasn't disappeared. Not that I'm counting it as anything, considering it could very easily just update alongside the main page with a new character, but it's interesting nonetheless since it has been away before every other character reveal.
Except for Sonic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My question is if that's his grab, is what we're seeing just a frame from right when villager nets the character with his grab, which then transitions to villager drawing them in and holding the victim in a more traditional grab(like with the hookshot or the grapple beam), or is that what villager's actual hold animation looks like? And if so, what is his grab+A attack? Does he kick them repeatedly in the shins? Prod the net? Are there bees stuck in that net that sting the victim?

Edit: And I somehow got ninjaed by a post posted 10 minutes ago.

Hm, I'm very sure that's Link's "being grabbed" animation, and I do recognize it well since Link would be down on one knee and try to pull away (as a low "being held" animation as opposed to being held above ground). Coincidentally, Pit's "being grabbed" animation is similar in the aspect of being down on one knee too. But anyways, I'm curious on something that I worry about. Let me give an example first.

Ex: Villager is standing at the edge of one of battlefield's higher platforms, and grabs Link who was in midair. Stopping from there:

-Would Villager be able to swing further downward a bit since he pretty much stops when the net hits the ground as a reference to the Animal Crossing games? (take example by using the net on a river in the games lets him).
-Also, would he stop swigging his net if a wall is in his way (example when swinging at a house or tree in the AC games where it doesn't reach ground level)?

If what we're seeing is pretty much how Villager holds his opponents, what would happen if he somehow caught them on higher ground like in the example I gave you?
-Would he flip the net upside down to hold his opponent?
-Would he hold his opponent the same way he is in the pic?
-Similar to #2 as far as Villager holds his opponent, except would his opponent actually be able to nearly if not instantly escape since said opponent could probably just drop down?

I for some reason see the third option happening most likely to happen. It would be unique after all and could be a disadvantage to Villager's grab. I could see that his grab could probably have a shorter range compared to Samus and Link, but in turn, it's a wide hitbox that also could be above him (but not behind him) as he's swinging his net, while the other drawback is that his opponents held too high above ground could simply drop down and quickly if not instantly escape without the need to push buttons.
We're just gonna have to see what happens about that, shall we?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
The daily pic got delayed until just a while ago? Sheesh, I thought that clearly indicated something's coming with the Direct. >,<

I'm anticipating Zelda by 11 AM EST. I'll be in college by then, but my class would likely be over by the time. It is about 'previously announced 3DS software', so if we get lucky we may just get more than a character reveal, which would be much more fulfilling of an update. What if we even get knocked out of the park with a newcomer reveal? It is Sakurai after all.

I knew the net would be Villager's grab. Though I could see the fishing rod as a tether recover. I wonder what his pummel will be like.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope if their is a reveal it is posted here asap, I won't get to watch the Nintendo direct :(
Of course it is, the people here on Smashboards are always all over these kinds of things. If you can't watch, then just keep a tab open with this thread or the roster prediction thread.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Thinking about the Villager's bug net, maybe he'll just toss his grabbed opponent out, but his throws would be generally weak in power.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thinking about the Villager's bug net, maybe he'll just toss his grabbed opponent out, but his throws would be generally weak in power.

Probably. Still wonder how he'll be holding his opponents if they're way above ground though.

And hai Delphox! <3 Spread your magical cheer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom