• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

It's just such a...pleasant image...I guess is the word...

We've never actually gotten to have all eight of these character fight each other at the same time. It's...satisfying, I guess.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoTwlZ-PA
Pic of the day. At long last, the Wii U version supports eight-player multiplayer!! It gets pretty hectic watching eight people duke it out at once. For more details, check out "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). For Americas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

2nd caption:
And here's a stage prepared for a large number of fighters, Big Battlefield!! Fighters can spread out, so it should be easier battling on a stage like this.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This was just commented on Miiverse: "8 Rosalina and Lumas....which Luma is mine ahh!"
Holy Cow I didn't think about that.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I like how the original 8 are selected in the order they appear on the original CSS

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Aha! Called it! 8 Player smash with the original 8! And since we know Kong Jungle 64 is a returning stage, you can relive the first smash in its entirety! Pretty awesome! That stage is pretty big, so it'd probably be in 8-Player smash mode, right? Hyrule Castle 64 definitely would be, hope we see that return. I was kinda surprised Onett was available for 8-Player Smash, the stage never seemed huge, but okay, the more options the better!

And yeah, trophy rush was alright, but now all I ever get is equipment, which I'm not really interested in. I only have 3 trophies to go, but man are they elusive.

Hmm... Mewtwo will probably get his own trophies once released, but what of the existing trophy? Will it be retitled? Or maybe it'll be used as the trophy you earn? Perhaps that pose will be his official art - it's a cool enough pose for me!

D

Deleted member

Hmm... Mewtwo will probably get his own trophies once released, but what of the existing trophy? Will it be retitled? Or maybe it'll be used as the trophy you earn? Perhaps that pose will be his official art - it's a cool enough pose for me!
If anything, I think the existing one probably'll be updated to match the new model and be re-purposed into his character trophy.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
Not sure if this was just posted or not but the Smash Bros. official site has been updated with Bowser Jr. and Mr. Game and Watch as expected; which leaves Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff for next week (though Jiggly was shown in the Direct already)

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Not sure if this was just posted or not but the Smash Bros. official site has been updated with Bowser Jr. and Mr. Game and Watch as expected; which leaves Duck Hunt and Jigglypuff for next week (though Jiggly was shown in the Direct already)
Yep, makes me think we will be getting the Duck Hunt trailer next week streamed like the Lucina/Robin trailer.

However, we already seen Jigglypuff so it's a little weird that Nintendo just didn't bother updated her on the site too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the DHD trailer, considering I imagine it's the last, will be a little closer to release than next week.

Gotta spike the hype when the release is imminent after all.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, also, y'all probably noticed but Megaman and Mario's aliases were shown off, Megaman's being 'Blue Metal Hero' and Mario's being 'Mr. Videogame Himself'.
And yeah, I think Duck Hunt Dog's trailer will be around... November 14th-ish? Maybe closer to the beginning of that week?
But I wonder if Mewtwo is far enough in development to be updated on the site before pic of the days end. He wouldn't go in the secret characters section, would he? Hmm, maybe they'll make a downloadable fighters section. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't unlock the DLC characters, you just get them (ya did buy em after all) but it would be fun to unlock...nah, I wanna play as him ASAP.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can I just say how nothing Trophy Rush is? Its so meh, and the fact that you can get multiple of the same trophy makes it way way worse.
It's pretty much been like that in all the Smash Bros. installments. Sure, it's good for getting new trophies when your collection is very small, but as your collection grows, the odds of you getting anything new will gradually decrease.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing the original 8 will be an event match of some kind, probably you playing Mario against the other 7. Either way, this is an awesome PotD.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So guys. It looks as if Mewtwo did come.

Anywayyyyssss.....
MORE INFO ON MEWTWO PLZ, SAKURAI!!!!
Mewtwo info? Not likely, seeing as how we have little details on other things (Namely stages) and Sakurai doesnt like giving away character info as easily.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think we'll see Mewtwo stuff by mid December (I dare to say that the very last POTD may show him for the first time in-game), the game is still on development (debugging and stuff) and Mewtwo maybe only has its render done by now and the main work on him will start after the game's release.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have high hopes for a music update this week, as usual, I have a huge need to hear the Xenoblade Medley and the Route 10 Music

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I completely forgot it's POTD time :)

Anyway, pm64 composers is now composing music and got credited for pm64 (hint,in brawl, he was ONLY credited for firem emblem...).

It turns out that I'm currently replaying pm64 :)

So, for this potd, please be interesting and please, hype yourself with this music:

:awesome:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
It's time for Isle Delfino to be shown, come on Sakurai, at least one PotD of it!

I wouldn't mind Stage Boss Rayquaza though.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well I'm predicting that he's going to show off a bunch of stuff that we already know about in the direct because that's what he did with the last direct.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I still want the pic of the day about the wiiu microphone
"Here's the page where you toggle the Mic on or off. You can only use it before and after a match."

That's what would happen in Late September, back in the days of Sakurai's menu mania.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Here I'm thinking "Mewtwo is in the game! MEWTWO! Mew the duck two! Sakurai will never be able to top this in a pic of the day!"

"...Sakurai will never be able to top this. My long journey following Smash Bros 4 for a year and a half seems to have ended on Thursday with Mewtwo's announcement. Now no event in Smash can hype me up to those levels again..."

I feel oddly empty waiting for these pics now :s.

I suppose the only thing that could match Mewtwo's reveal is...more Mewtwo pics!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Here I'm thinking "Mewtwo is in the game! MEWTWO! Mew the duck two! Sakurai will never be able to top this in a pic of the day!"

"...Sakurai will never be able to top this. My long journey following Smash Bros 4 for a year and a half seems to have ended on Thursday with Mewtwo's announcement. Now no event in Smash can hype me up to those levels again..."

I suppose the only thing that could match Mewtwo's reveal is...more Mewtwo pics!
or theater...you know you want it and hype :troll:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285

I hope he clarifies on how we can get mewtwo, because I have friends that don't have a Wii U and don't plan on getting one, but want him in their copy of Smash 3DS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom