• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoLZV7BQg
Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

Big announcement about future PotD's
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlnS65rkQ
Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled. First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad. In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer. Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Silver... Era?

That's not Swift Fox or Speed. Why do they all start with S though?

Anyway, I know it's a SR pic, but it has two of my favourite enemies in it <3

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
You gotta wonder when he's going to start switching over to Wii U pics.
I mean, the 3DS version has 34 stages in it, and the Wii U version only has 20 stages confirmed as of right now. He's gotta show off another stage eventually right?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Announcement: Originally, the pic of the day was only supposed to continue for about two months, but I've ended up posting pictures until even today. The 3DS version has already been released in Japan, so I would like to talk about how future posts will be handled. First, I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas. On the other hand, I definitely will talk about them after the game is released abroad. In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer. Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to. Thanks.

-Sakurai

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
These two were an absolute pain in the ass to kill in the Best Buy Demo.

That announcement was bound to come sooner or later. At least we know now rather than finding out the hard way.

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
I'm preparing myself for 3 weeks of Luigi's nose.

Joking aside, I'm totally cool with the Pics of the Day being laid back until the NA/PAL release of SSB3DS. I'm already spoiled more than I originally intended to ever be, so not getting things spoiled further is all fine with me. And I'm sure Sakurai will still find a way to entertain. Some of his pictures have been pretty amusing, and will be even more so now that the anticipation of new info has died down.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

-Sakurai
No new characters until 2 weeks

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

-Sakurai
LONG MAY LUIGI'S NOSE BE ROUND

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
OK, so i guess no new Wii U info for a while. Oh well. :\ Gee, i wonder how he's gonna bring up Ness or anything Mother related not being mentioned up until now, andt he inclusion of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario. Probably he'll just dodge those questions because he knows the fanbase is feeling conflicted with him right now.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
"I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to."

I am ready for Luigi's nose! :4luigi:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm really ok with today's announcement. Sakurai actually gave us a heads up that the next few pics aren't going to be AS hype-worthy until the international release. :) For once, some good words from the man himself.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So PotDs confirmed for future suckage I guess. Oh, and different release dates for the Wii U version too.

VERY surprised to hear it wasn't something they were planning on carrying forward initially, after having hosted something like the Brawl Dojo they needed to have something similarly, expectations were high for the pre-release period after all.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion

-Sakurai
Okay, awesome update, we're going to get mainly funny pics and occasionally a new Wii U stage or mode. Sounds good to me. Aww, Sakurai. I dunno, this makes me want to hug him, it's kinda like he doesn't wanna say good-bye. Adorable!

Also, Gastly only gets hit with items! I saw some streams confused about Gastly so this is pretty interesting.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard

-Sakurai
No new characters until 2 weeks
I guess we are getting a character trailer the midnight release of Smash 3DS in America then...the rest of the countries get it October 3rd too correct?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Welp. no #WarioWeverydayoftheweekHD hype until October.
I liked today's pic because is an useful tip to beat enemies, so I hope we get more on the following days (Or moar Luigi's nose), also Im glad Sakurai explained the future of the POTD, with the first game released "new" info is redundant, so Im in for funny pics again!

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
*shrugs* I figured the potd's would be meh following the Japanese release of the 3DS version, but more so considering we know who is in the game and who is not at this point making any potd's about the hidden characters kind of a moot point from a hype viewpoint. Plus I figure any remaining details about the Wii U version will be saved for one more Nintendo direct (maybe next month's?) ala how a boatload of new info was saved for the April Direct

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
This very well could be a possibility.
Duck Hunt or riot. Really, we only have 2 character trailer left if the clone being in a trailer with another person (Lucina with Robin) is a legit thing. Or if Dark Pit's trailer was very well Palutena's. Hm...

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
I don't know what to think. On one hand, menus should be killed.

On the other, no new Wii U details.. I'm starting to worry whether Wii U version will really have that much additional or proprietary content..

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Cool, we know now that if we want to sleep early then we won't be missing out on much. Honestly it's a good heads up.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoLZV7BQg
Pic of the day. These two are a haunting pair. You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks. When you see a Ghost, make sure you use your grab. If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.

Big announcement about future PotD's
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlnS65rkQ
This is kind of bittersweet. Pics of the day are about to end soon. :(

Edit: Close the damn [ collapse ] next time.

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I don't know what to think. On one hand, menus should be killed.

On the other, no new Wii U details.. I'm starting to worry whether Wii U version will really have that much additional or proprietary content..
When he said near future I think he meant these next two weeks. I'm more then positive its going to have a few extra modes. I mean its already confirmed to have more music's and stages..so why wouldn't it?

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I'm okay with this. He said no new information, which means we can get a plethora of Wii U pics with things we've never seen, just that we have no information to know what it is.

The guessing game is back. Hype still lives on!!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
It'd be pretty cool if we could still get trailers for Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit (and maybe Dr. Mario).

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
You know, I can see them doing another Smash Direct in a month or two focusing entirely on Wii U exclusive content. That'd be pretty cool.
It sounds like we won't be getting much information for a while though, but that's alright.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm surprised Sakurai doesn't just take the next few weeks off, until the game is out. He deserves a break anyway.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
It's a reasonable announcement.We're already been spoiled by smash 3DS anyways,all in all,it just helps strengthen the curiosity of the wii u's exclusive content.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future"

So in other words, there's literally no reason to look at these pics anymore until overseas release or until the Wii U version is out. Got it.

Now no one has to waste their time. Thanks for the heads up, Masta Hero Sack O'Rice. <3

Last edited:

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Kind of a bittersweet update, this one. We're almost done with Pic of the Day, yet as that draws near, so do the releases of the 3DS version overseas, and the Wii U version anywhere.

I'll definitely continue to check back here for a laugh from my favorite game developer, that's for sure. But dammit, Sakurai, TAKE A BREAK!!!

Good lord, man, you deserve it!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
This is a strange turn of events, it's sad to have the news end, but it had to happen eventually I guess.

Unless something big happens with one of the PotD's, I doubt I'll be coming back here for a long while. This was kinda another home for me, so it's sad to leave, but with nothing worth staying up until 4 AM like cool reveals, there is no point anymore.

See you guys later, we had a good run with this, and always remember the night of 8/13/2014, the night we waited and Meta Knight appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom