• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Is this the end of the PotD Hype Train? But I had many more stories to tell...
Is anyone going to stay for the jokey pics?
It feels like the end of an era.

BUT WAIT!
Does this mean the return of Rosalina filler? Has my wish come true? It's such a bittersweet feeling.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
So were back to the old days of pic of the days huh?
Gonna miss getting small bits of nice info everyday but jokey ones are always nice too i guess, but jokey ones at this time? not sure about that lol.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, now to wait for 20 days before we get something new. October 3rd will be the dawn of a new day.

Hoping for another pic of Luigi's nose though. :troll:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm guessing this thread is going to be not as hype as the past few weeks have been. But that's okay.

Staarih

Smash Master
Aww, was hoping to see nice Wii U pics and official art renders of the unlockables as soon as possible, but I guess I can wait for a couple of weeks for them. I wonder if a Duck Hunt + Bowser Jr. trailer will be shown before the international release, much like with Shulk a week before the Japanese release. Would work well for the west and Sakurai did say every newcomer gets a trailer, even if we know who they are already haha! We'll see.

So, more of Rosalina lying on the ground upcoming?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Filler pics until October 3rd? Makes sense considering Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the secret characters...

Too bad we know them already. :shades:

But still courteous for those who don't follow the game that much.

However, that means we have to wait a bit more for the secret characters' official renders...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Filler pics until October 3rd? Makes sense considering Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the secret characters...

Too bad we know them already. :shades:

But still courteous for those who don't follow the game that much.

However, that means we have to wait a bit more for the secret characters' official renders...
Too bad pretty much every form of gaming media EVER has already spoiled the roster. Seriously, unless you've been living under a rock, you should pretty much KNOW THE ROSTER BY HEART with how much spoilers have gone around.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Too bad pretty much every form of gaming media EVER has already spoiled the roster. Seriously, unless you've been living under a rock, you should pretty much KNOW THE ROSTER BY HEART with how much spoilers have gone around.
Not unless you only follow the site.
NintendoLife also had the decency to place a spoiler warning on their article.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Not unless you only follow the site.
NintendoLife also had the decency to place a spoiler warning on their article.
Fair enough. Although this could've all been avoided if this was a worldwide release but whatevs. Ech it's only 3 weeks anyways.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Unfortunately Spoilers are almost impossible to avoid, login in into internet and not getting spoilered by a random page or person is like eating at Taco Bell and not getting digestive problems the next day, actually I admire the people who doesn't know the full roster yet.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Unfortunately Spoilers are almost impossible to avoid, login in into internet and not getting spoilered by a random page or person is like eating at Taco Bell and not getting digestive problems the next day, actually I admire the people who doesn't know the full roster yet.
I can eat at Taco Bell without getting digestive problems the next day. :|

In other news, I can't wait to see what kind of silly pics he puts up for the next 13 before the American release.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The ultimate question: Will these filleriffic pics be from the Wii U version or 3DS?
I won't even be here if its 3DS.It's not even worth it.
Also, yeah I eat Taco Bell all the time. No problems here :awesome:

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
When Sakurai says he "won't be using the PotD to introduce new information in the near future", what do you think he considers to be "new information"?

Does this rule out Wii U exclusive stages and assist trophies being shown in PotD's during the next few weeks?

Or does he only consider "new information" to be information and clarification about hidden content in the 3DS version?

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't want to sprinkle a few Wii U tidbits during the next few weeks...

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can eat at Taco Bell without getting digestive problems the next day. :|
Well, now I admire your strong stomach....or maybe Im just too unlucky with that delicious restaurant... :sadsheep:

Back on topic, Alt. costumes technically doesn't count as new info anymore, so hopefully we may see some of them on Wii U pics, I would like to see Lucina (Dat Tharja alt.), Shulk and Link's alts with more detail and in HD of course.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When Sakurai says he "won't be using the PotD to introduce new information in the near future", what do you think he considers to be "new information"?

Does this rule out Wii U exclusive stages and assist trophies being shown in PotD's during the next few weeks?

Or does he only consider "new information" to be information and clarification about hidden content in the 3DS version?

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't want to sprinkle a few Wii U tidbits during the next few weeks...
I think he means ANYTHING we haven't officially seen at all

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I think he means ANYTHING we haven't officially seen at all
If so, that's a bummer....but I'm glad he gave us a heads up.

And let us hope that once Oct 3 rolls around we don't get weeks of only 3DS pics showing the "hidden content" we've known about for a long time.

Realistically, I'd say we might not get a single bit of new Wii U version info until mid to late October.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Awwwww Sakurai is going to miss us. I don't know if he is insane or is just really patient. Tell you what Sakurai, when you make another game(Duck Hunt Uprising anybody:troll:) you can continue doing pic of the days with them. :)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I guess the announcement today confirms the Wii U version will also not have a global release date. Hopefully the gap stays at 3 weeks or gets shorter, and that we get a release date soon.

Today's picture was informative as it provides advice on fighting two Smash Run enemies who could be challenging otherwise. I wouldn't have minded more strategy updates like that one, but 2.5 weeks of joke pics is likely to be kind of boring. At least we have warning?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
With that announcement, I hope he shows off some great Pit and Palutena PotDs. We should at least be thankful that he's still providing silly pics for us. It's better than nothing after all.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And thus, the great famine fell upon the Smash fanbase. This pretty much means that we're not going to get anything new for probably a month and a half meaning late October/early November at the earliest. Hopefully the Wii U version doesn't get delayed...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
And thus, the great famine fell upon the Smash fanbase. This pretty much means that we're not going to get anything new for probably a month and a half meaning late October/early November at the earliest. Hopefully the Wii U version doesn't get delayed...

Yeh, but there's one little difference...

we've got a Smash demo to keep us occupied, followed by the actual full game in 2 1/2 weeks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I probably wouldn't worry about delays just yet, as we don't have an exact release date for the Wii U version.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, also he said "I don't know if I'll go by Japanese release or versions abroad" when regarding the Wii U release so that pretty much confirms no worldwide release which wasn't probable but woulda been nice...
The evidence for the 21st is piling up and it would be a great date. But will Japan get it first 3 weeks in advance on November 1st maybe?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I will miss this Place. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL WARIO IS ON THE WEBSITE.

WARIOWRIDAY WILL STILL HOLD STRONG.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Holy... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a menu on the front page. It looked like a joke, like did we really get a menu picture 3 1/2 hours later than the latest picture of the day? That's it. I'm not staying up for these for a while.
Why are you still staying up so late for POTD's when we already know the whole roster?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'm back!...for a moment anyways. I've been following the potd on miiverse by using my phone at college. Mostly mode stuff and boring things like todays Gastly and whatever that ghost thing is. But there is one picture that caught my attention...Alph. I'd be cool with him if he used Rock Pikmin since that is an actual difference between the two but no, he's just another clone not using material from his game.

If we're getting Lucina, Alph, Doc, Dark Pit, Falcondorf and the same old Toon Link, we'd better get Pichu :glare:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I saw sakurais announcement

So what does this mean we got to figure out the wii u version on are own?
I think he just means he's not providing new information until the 3DS version has been released aboard. Probably will get more Wii U information at that point, they probably want all attention on the 3DS version until it has been released.

R0Y

Smash Master
In addition, I am planning to continue making posts at least until the Wii U version is released. I haven't decided if I'll go by the Japanese version release or the release of versions abroad, but the point is that I'll continue posting for a little bit longer.
So does this basically confirm a relatively lengthy delay between JP and Western Smash U releases? No short MK8-length delay at any rate.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
He could still post new Wii U information. That doesn't have to be hidden information. I wanna hear about Wii U modes, since so far we haven't seen anything but regular Smash mode for it (local and online variants, yes) - we haven't even seen Classic Mode.

But it sounds like we won't be getting any new info at all until Oct 3. Maybe he doesn't want to hurt 3DS hype by revealing features that aren't on it?

But after... we'll probably get a Wii U blitz + hidden characters.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, I think we should all kick back and enjoy Sakurai's funny/interesting POTD's until the release of the 3DS game here and elsewhere. Then, the era of HD shall begin!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm back!...for a moment anyways. I've been following the potd on miiverse by using my phone at college. Mostly mode stuff and boring things like todays Gastly and whatever that ghost thing is. But there is one picture that caught my attention...Alph. I'd be cool with him if he used Rock Pikmin since that is an actual difference between the two but no, he's just another clone not using material from his game.

If we're getting Lucina, Alph, Doc, Dark Pit, Falcondorf and the same old Toon Link, we'd better get Pichu :glare:
Alph isn't a clone. He is literally an alt costume. Like you select Olimar and change the color to play as Alph. Like male/female Robin.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, with the Hype Trains resting on their stations until October we can only do vague guesses.
-A Fight between Shulk and Link
-Some alts
-Fox getting REKT by a Smash Run enemy

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Maybe we could get some exclusive Wii U music.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom