• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Only 8 pictures of the day left until the 3DS release, but they won't be the last of them, as Sakurai will likely start posting about secret characters and unveiling more details on the Wii U version of the game.

It's possible that the Wii U version might have the entirely roster unlocked right away. Then again, there may be people who will only buy the Wii U version and Sakurai may want to avoid spoiling those people too. In other words, pictures about secret characters may only start appearing after the Wii U version's release.

Perhaps, secret characters' profiles may be added, but with a spoiler notice.
I imagine a connectivity bonus linking your 3DS file with your Wii U Smash could allow you to instantly unlock all the characters you got on your 3DS version. It'd be a nice fast pass for all who bought two variations of the same Smash game.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Tad late to the party. Anyway, All-Star hype :happysheep:
So from what I've been reading, this proves we don't know the entire roster yet, correct?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The main problem I have with that leaked pic is it's missing 3 characters that we know about that are unlockables that should be there
...uhhhh...you mean on the art for All-Star mode? While I think characters unlocked like Game & Watch will be fought between Pac-Man and Mario, I think since the mode is available at the start that this is the art and it will only update once having unlocked everyone. Only further to prove the leaker hadn't unlocked anyone? And we saw it in todays Pic of the day, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You think it's fake or that the picture was taken before unlocking characters like Bowser Jr and the rest?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Tad late to the party. Anyway, All-Star hype :happysheep:
So from what I've been reading, this proves we don't know the entire roster yet, correct?
It's incredibly likely that the leaker did not have everything unlocked. This is due to the fact that he posted All Star Mode and it still had a lock on it.
The last PotD basically proved that the absence of characters is the reason the lock appears.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...uhhhh...you mean on the art for All-Star mode? While I think characters unlocked like Game & Watch will be fought between Pac-Man and Mario, I think since the mode is available at the start that this is the art and it will only update once having unlocked everyone. Only further to prove the leaker hadn't unlocked anyone? And we saw it in todays Pic of the day, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say. You think it's fake or that the picture was taken before unlocking characters like Bowser Jr and the rest?
There is no proof either way in that regard

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you're not able to continue for this All-Star Mode, I sure hope that your recovery item amount increases as you unlock new fighters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Only 8 pictures of the day left until the 3DS release, but they won't be the last of them, as Sakurai will likely start posting about secret characters and unveiling more details on the Wii U version of the game.

It's possible that the Wii U version might have the entirely roster unlocked right away. Then again, there may be people who will only buy the Wii U version and Sakurai may want to avoid spoiling those people too. In other words, pictures about secret characters may only start appearing after the Wii U version's release.

Perhaps, secret characters' profiles may be added, but with a spoiler notice.
Quoting by colors

No question easily going to be info on changes on secret veterans/newcomers and wii u info

:laugh:
Don't be rediculous the wii u version will have the same unlockables i done my homework sakurai said the wii u unlockables are going to be harder than 3ds (in other worda the wii u how to unlock characters will just have a different technique and harder.) (atleast i heard anyway.)

Brawls dojo did that so yes its going to happen.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Still waiting for my assist trophy blow out!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Still waiting for my assist trophy blow out!
Pic of the Day: Here's the newest Assist Trophy, Bomberman! When we say he's the bomb, we mean it. He'll throw some high-powered explosives similar to the Bob-Ombs. Good luck with dodging, because it's going to be a real blast!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Pic of the Day: Here's the newest Assist Trophy, Bomberman! When we say he's the bomb, we mean it. He'll throw some high-powered explosives similar to the Bob-Ombs. Good luck with dodging, because it's going to be a real blast!
You know what? I would totally take it. Better then what he'll actually get, which is nothing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I wonder why Wario isn't in front of Bowser Jr and Rosalina. I mean even though he has his own icon, so does Yoshi. And he is part of the Mario series too....
I found this to be my main straw grasp for Paper Mario from now on.

The stage isn't straw grasp though and it actually is pretty solid, but you have to admit that why yoshi's there?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
There is no proof either way in that regard
Uh, well there's some proof but I guess it isn't 100% definitive, you can believe whatever ya want I guess. We'll see in about 2 weeks anyway.

Pic of the day! Uh, yeah, I still want some alts. He had both Light suit Samus and Golf Mario alt colors at once, so maybe as we're nearing release we can get 2 or even 4 alts at once?

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Uh, well there's some proof but I guess it isn't 100% definitive, you can believe whatever ya want I guess. We'll see in about 2 weeks anyway.

Pic of the day! Uh, yeah, I still want some alts. He had both Light suit Samus and Golf Mario alt colors at once, so maybe as we're nearing release we can get 2 or even 4 alts at once?
I'm hoping there are way more alts than we think there are.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I wonder why Wario isn't in front of Bowser Jr and Rosalina. I mean even though he has his own icon, so does Yoshi. And he is part of the Mario series too....
Because Wario is even more seperate from Mario then Yoshi is. Wario has his own universe like DK. Hope Mario and Wario bookend the top row when everyone's unlocked

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have correctly predicted two Pic of the Days in a row this week. Now for the third...
I predict a disconfirmation of some sort, or a new feature on one of the menus.

On another note, I hope we finally get some more music, maybe Zeda or Smash 4 remix. I love the Multiman Smash music honestly.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Can we just get Ridley in all of his Boss status glory? Just to end the Ridley debates before launch

JabbatheHutt

Oh no worries! I am saving him for the Bayonetta 2 Direct (because they will be showing off of a Wario costume for Bayonetta 1 in that Direct).
:troll:
When I clicked that spoiler I was praying to god it wasn't troll face.
It was. I cried

Wario Wednesday here we go. Getting out the gif

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Time for some hypeworthy music! <3

Edit:
Amiibo hype. :3

Edit #2: I also just noticed....this opening has Ridley.... and Mewtwo's Shadow Ball....along with Ice Climbers.
Holy...it has everything we want in it....xD

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yknow... I wouldnt mind some other 3rd party trophies, like Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton...or both together? And of course music please! ...maybe some 3rd party music... maybe a remix of Cornered 2001 or Announce the Truth 2002? Ooh pls pls pls some Ace Attorney mention and eensy weensy representation. I wouldn't even be able to ask Sakurai for Wright or Layton until Capcom struggles enough to sell Ace Attorney to Nintendo... but I'd probably go into shock if I saw either character as an assist trophy.
Sorry, been playing Prof. Layton vs Ace Attorney (after nearly 4 years waiting and successfully avoiding spoilers) so I guess I've got em on my mind.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Tonight will be the first time in a very long time I haven't been able to be up for the POTD. For that reason, I'm shooting for something bigger tonight. Not a new character, no, but the F-Zero stage from the 3DS version.

JabbatheHutt

Tonight will be the first time in a very long time I haven't been able to be up for the POTD. For that reason, I'm shooting for something bigger tonight. Not a new character, no, but the F-Zero stage from the 3DS version.
I'm convinced that's an excite bike stage

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm predicting either more menus or another pic relating to Shulk or Xenoblade.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Wolf please. Other than the Great Fox stage, where has the Starfox love been all this time? Fox looks like he feels pretty lonely on that official website...

And Wolf can't let him do that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I predict a Pyrosphere pic showing something like Shulk vs Zero Suit Samus in their alt. costumes... with Sakurai uploading F-Zero and Metroid music to the website later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom