• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Why. Just why.

At least it sorta made sense for Ness and Falcon in Brawl, as they originated as unlockables and then became starters. (although I still didn't like them going back to unlockable), but why a proper starter character like Wario!?

Not to mention, you'd think characters like Robin, Palutena, Rosalina, Toon Link, and Lucario and/or Greninja would be unlockables, despite being shown early.

Sakurai sure has some weird ideas on who should become starter and who should become unlockable this time around.

----
I know. Unless he photoshopped Wario out, the second screenshot should have Wario there. he debuted in 1992. Pretty sure Wario will be a starter on the wii u version.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I preferred the totally random All Star mode, but at least with mixing up series by year, there's a chance to not always fight on the same stage (with some battles having 2 options iirc) which should help the variety.

Having All Star available from the start is also really different, although I'm not sure if I'll try it right away or not since it wouldn't feel like I really beat All Star without all the characters.

I'm still holding out some hope that there are characters beyond the CSS leak, but this picture does nothing to confirm their existence.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I saw the update

YES THE HYPE IS BACK BABY

Heres why

1 this confirms once and for all that there are still unlockable characters mechanic in the game.

(I wonder if the siren in the megaman trailer is the challenger approaching siren for when you come face to face with one of them?)

2 that leak image with the all-star leak image im 95% sure there really is a missing 5 now.

3 ridley is back on top again you can play all-star with not everyone unlocked. (Same goes for mewtwo.)

4 hehehehe this might mean you can unlock characters by playing all star mode thats a hype update.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You guys managed to pull way more out of this then I did. I thought it was mostly a pretty general update myself.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh i might bring the hype even more

Thank @polonight for making this

[collapse=All Pictures Taken At 1 O'Clock:]

[/collapse]
This is about the order of the pictures shown for all star

(Sorry just wanted to see how close the all star leak was to the leak picture, so i say theres a excellent chance that leak was with the only 5 missing boxes.)

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
No new music? Oh well... I guess this only further proves the leaker didn't ruin all of the surprise since they had the same padlock. Hmm...I guess they did this because doing All-Star with the full roster must take forever. I mean, I think our starting roster is almost as big, if not the same or bigger, than Brawl's final roster and Brawl's all-star mode took some time. So I'm kinda glad they've combined aspects from Melee and Brawl. However I would've loved clarification on the assist trophies roles in this. And some new music...I thought we had a pattern. There's never a pattern...

Edit: Oh, by the way, I see lots of ya saying ya wanna get hype but aren't sure there are more characters beyond what the leak showed but here:
Leaker hadnt unlocked everyone yet.png

The leaker definitely didn't unlock everyone yet! Wolf...Mewtwo...Ridley... Tetra maybeee...?

Also more thoughts! Aha, more confirmation the 3rd parties are starters like I suggested~ I mean, they're no secret anyway.
And I wonder if...? Maybe to unlock, for example: Mr. Game & Watch, you could beat All-Star mode with 10 characters? Ooh! And you get a trophy for each character when completing it too! Oh, I'm ganna havta beat All-Star faster than Classic so I can reap the rewards with less work and get trophies and new characters in the process. Classic will give me trophies and characters too, but it won't get longer the more characters I unlock!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I saw the update

YES THE HYPE IS BACK BABY

Heres why

1 this confirms once and for all that there are still unlockable characters mechanic in the game.

(I wonder if the siren in the megaman trailer is the challenger approaching siren for when you come face to face with one of them?)

2 that leak image with the all-star leak image im 95% sure there really is a missing 5 now.

3 ridley is back on top again you can play all-star with not everyone unlocked. (Same goes for mewtwo.)

4 hehehehe this might mean you can unlock characters by playing all star mode thats a hype update.
This is especially good for our old purple space dragon.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Alright! Sakurai showed us one of the leaked pictures! It matched! However, the second pic with Shulk wasnt shown before....

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yep, ending with Greninja seems kind of lame.
It was the same in Brawl. Finishing with Olimar was weird. I hope the reference of 'almost chronologically' means the G&W team are back.

I'd have left the third party reps + Mario for the last battle.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No new music? Oh well... I guess this only further proves the leaker didn't ruin all of the surprise since they had the same padlock. Hmm...I guess they did this because doing All-Star with the full roster must take forever. I mean, I think our starting roster is almost as big, if not the same or bigger, than Brawl's final roster and Brawl's all-star mode took some time. So I'm kinda glad they've combined aspects from Melee and Brawl. However I would've loved clarification on the assist trophies roles in this. And some new music...I thought we had a pattern. There's never a pattern...

Edit: Oh, by the way, I see lots of ya saying ya wanna get hype but aren't sure there are more characters beyond what the leak showed but here:
View attachment 23848
The leaker definitely didn't unlock everyone yet! Wolf...Mewtwo...Ridley... Tetra maybeee...?

Also more thoughts! Aha, more confirmation the 3rd parties are starters like I suggested~ I mean, they're no secret anyway.
And I wonder if...? Maybe to unlock, for example: Mr. Game & Watch, you could beat All-Star mode with 10 characters? Ooh! And you get a trophy for each character when completing it too! Oh, I'm ganna havta beat All-Star faster than Classic so I can reap the rewards with less work and get trophies and new characters in the process. Classic will give me trophies and characters too, but it won't get longer the more characters I unlock!
The main problem I have with that leaked pic is it's missing 3 characters that we know about that are unlockables that should be there

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if the picture shown only reflects the mode without any character unlocked?

As we can see, it shows:
1980 - Pac-Man
1981 - Mario, Donkey Kong
1983 - Luigi
1984 - Little Mac
1985 - Peach, Bowser

This should cover the first few stages.

However, I might imagine when the padlock is gone, once all characters are unlocked, the image could be replaced with a new one, showing the roster (and consequently, the mode) is complete.

This is, of course, just a theory.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What if the picture shown only reflects the mode without any character unlocked?

As we can see, it shows:
1980 - Pac-Man
1981 - Mario, Donkey Kong
1983 - Luigi
1984 - Little Mac
1985 - Peach, Bowser

This should cover the first few stages.

However, I might imagine when the padlock is gone, once all characters are unlocked, the image could be replaced with a new one, showing the roster (and consequently, the mode) is complete.

This is, of course, just a theory.
Theory or not, that sounds about right.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Wow, we still didn't get any music? Why did he stop? I was really enjoying those.

But this pic shows that there is a possibility of more hidden characters. Maybe ice climbers are actually not gone.

Last edited:
Why. Just why.

At least it sorta made sense for Ness and Falcon in Brawl, as they originated as unlockables and then became starters. (although I still didn't like them going back to unlockable), but why a proper starter character like Wario!?

Not to mention, you'd think characters like Robin, Palutena, Rosalina, Toon Link, and Lucario and/or Greninja would be unlockables, despite being shown early.

Sakurai sure has some weird ideas on who should become starter and who should become unlockable this time around.

----
Simple: Wario's moveset has been radically changed, or Wario is the new exception to the rule and you can assign his new alternate specials to his Classic skin. Now when you select Classic Wario he has classic specials automatically assigned. Sakurai is just saving it for a massive suprise for all the Wario fans.

Please merciful controller of the cosmos let it be so

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
40,000 hours late but I too agree this is a pretty big update because it either confirms A) there's going to be more unlockable characters than last week's leak showed, B) character DLC is going to be a thing or C) both. I'm telling you all, we probably won't get the full roster until at least the Wii U version is launched and I think there's one or two more trailers left. Unless your character has been outright disconfirmed, they're technically still in the running now.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
40,000 hours late but I too agree this is a pretty big update because it either confirms A) there's going to be more unlockable characters than last week's leak showed, B) character DLC is going to be a thing or C) both. I'm telling you all, we probably won't get the full roster until at least the Wii U version is launched and I think there's one or two more trailers left. Unless your character has been outright disconfirmed, they're technically still in the running now.
Oh "A"clearly why would sakurai leave out non dlc characters for a build (if B or C to happen sakurai would have to say not all of the characters are on full roster after release.)

And for everyones hype I'm sense that thursdays or fridays potd this week or the next is going to be a character reveal and its someone not on the leak roster.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Pretty cool Pic of the Day update. I see most are taking this as confirmation of more characters than the leak showed us. I've always believed that there was a good chance that there might be more, but I'm still going to remain cautiously optimistic. If there are more characters, great. If there aren't, this is still a solid roster in my eyes.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
So you can play All Star mode from the start? The starting roster better be big enough so that it won't be easy to cheat your way through Intense/9.0/Very Hard All Star mode because there are so few characters. Then again, that'd make 100%ing the game LOTS easier.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I wonder why Wario isn't in front of Bowser Jr and Rosalina. I mean even though he has his own icon, so does Yoshi. And he is part of the Mario series too....

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So you can play All Star mode from the start? The starting roster better be big enough so that it won't be easy to cheat your way through Intense/9.0/Very Hard All Star mode because there are so few characters. Then again, that'd make 100%ing the game LOTS easier.
The starting roster is everyone we've seen excluding Lucina.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
The starting roster is everyone we've seen excluding Lucina.
...Including Shulk? And Palutena? I'm surprised they aren't an unlockable.

If you're right...THATS 36 FREAKING CHARACTERS UNLOCKED RIGHT OFF THAT BAT? I highly doubt it.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Nine
PotD

Days
Left!~
It's pretty exciting. Basically, if there's anything Sakurai wants to show us himself about the 3DS version, he's gotta do it soon.
I'm sure the PotDs will continue until at least the Wii U version is out worldwide.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Wonder what Sakurai could pull out of his hat for tomorrow.
Hopefully Wario.

Though he would be a hassle to fit in there.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I'd love to see something DK related...

Maybe that mysterious Chunky Kong AT some people claim to have seen...

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a picture of Robin's final smash on a 3ds? I know I've seen it somewhere on this site.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only 8 pictures of the day left until the 3DS release, but they won't be the last of them, as Sakurai will likely start posting about secret characters and unveiling more details on the Wii U version of the game.

It's possible that the Wii U version might have the entirely roster unlocked right away. Then again, there may be people who will only buy the Wii U version and Sakurai may want to avoid spoiling those people too. In other words, pictures about secret characters may only start appearing after the Wii U version's release.

Perhaps, secret characters' profiles may be added, but with a spoiler notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom