• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toonist22

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-2470-0098
OH NO SAKURAI DIDN'T GIVE US A GOOD POTD. HOW DARE THIS WONDERFUL MAN WHO WORKS TIRELESSLY ON THIS GAME WHICH WOULDN'T EXIST IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM TO BEGIN WITH.
*Meanwhile at Nintendo*
Sakurai:"be sure to remove the challenger approaching banner on the sign. I want to crush their spirits this time" :troll:

pickle962

Smash Lord
OH NO SAKURAI DIDN'T GIVE US A GOOD POTD. HOW DARE THIS WONDERFUL MAN WHO WORKS TIRELESSLY ON THIS GAME WHICH WOULDN'T EXIST IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM TO BEGIN WITH.
*Meanwhile at Nintendo*
Sakurai:"be sure to remove the challenger approaching banner on the sign. I want to crush their spirits this time" :troll:
You know, I'm honestly starting to believe that's how the man operates. Get our hopes up with some of the captions he posts for some Potd's or do something small like remove the newcomer banners and then troll-lo-lol-lo-lol "**** you guys, y'all are getting a lame picture of Luigi's nose!"

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I have no idea what these numbers mean.
They're in earlier/later in minutes. The +00:00 is standard on time update for PotD.

I set it up because we live in different time zones.

PotD will update normally on 12:00am PST where I live, when the PotD update was made 50 minutes earlier then it will be 11:10pm for me.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm actually really interested in this stage, but it still upsets me that this stage isn't on both versions of the game. It seems really fun and unique, and much more iconic than Pac-Land. Would have been nice to have it on the Wii U.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
She got a huge exposition in her trailer already, which showed basically all of her moves. Honestly, moves updates are the worst. I prefer to leave the character a mystery until I play it for the first time.
It doesn't even have to be about moves. It could be about her weight class, alt costumes, or just showing off her grace, but I really do prefer some great informative stuff bout the moves too, or at least her default ones. It's been a thing that's kept us puzzled for a while.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Guys, should I make my own "week in review" thread? Like as a joke? Let's be honest, this week mostly sucked ass and I think we could all use a good laugh over how boring Sakurai is with some of these pics of the day!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Pac-Man is way cooler than Palutena any day of the week. Pac-Maze seems likely to have in-built loops (we haven't seen the whole stage, but it just seems really likely), but it seems like it could be a ton of fun much as 75m was before it (how could anyone not love 75m?).

Also, this update was massive, we learned about a key feature of a stage we know very little about, learned the stage's official name, and learned about asymmetrical gameplay on the 3DS verison.

Last edited:
I don't get why people don't like the stage. The gimmick is pretty neat. The only reason I'm upset tonight is because I want to see Wario again. The update itself is pretty good.

pickle962

Smash Lord
If there's ONE thing competitive smash don't care for, its gimmicky stages like this one which I believe most of us here are disappointed by Sakurai once more :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Guys, should I make my own "week in review" thread? Like as a joke? Let's be honest, this week mostly sucked *** and I think we could all use a good laugh over how boring Sakurai is with some of these pics of the day!
I'll have to respectfully say no.

Make fun the pics all you want in the Official one.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl1uNeN4w
Pic of the day. Pac-Maze is a stage exclusive to the 3DS version, created in the Pac-Man motif. If you eat 100 Pac-Dots, Power Pellets will appear in your color.

If you eat a Power Pellet, the monsters will become vulnerable and you can defeat them just by touching them. An important point is that the monsters will become vulnerable only on your screen, which means that they can still damage your opponents!! This is one of the unique game features only possible in the 3DS version.
I don't like how the 3DS version's stages are full of "collect this stuff!"

But I get it, it's aimed for a younger audience.

Thank god for Battlefield. I probably won't play anywhere else. It's my favorite, anyway. (Besides Isle Defino)

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Guys, should I make my own "week in review" thread? Like as a joke? Let's be honest, this week mostly sucked *** and I think we could all use a good laugh over how boring Sakurai is with some of these pics of the day!
-Pink hoodie jogging costume for Little Mac, which many people were wanting. (and a new pallete swap next to it)

-The other Mega Men as trophies.

-The gimmick of the Pac-Maze stage that only affects one screen, which is something that I can't say I've ever seen before in any previous Smash game.

There was a filler pic or two, but I think the week was actually pretty good in general.

This is why I think the cloaking device should return on the 3DS.
Seeing how the Cloaking Device is from Perfect Dark - a Rare game - which is now third-party, I dunno if it will return, sadly. If there's a similar item in Smash 4, it will likely be the Vanish Cap Box from Mario 64.

----

Last edited:

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Troll/baiting post
I'm going to take a random guess that we'll get a Brawl veteran. I mean, it hasn't even been a week since E3, confirming a major new character this soon seems a little weird to me. If Wolf or Lucas is returning, I'm gonna guess that it's one of them, just because they'd be somewhat expected to be cut like Ike was by some people. Time to go to sleep and see if we even get a new character reveal.
Hasn't been a week since E3. Stopped reading.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll have to respectfully say no.

Make fun the pics all you want in the Official one.
I'll take your offer on showing my distaste for this week as a whole. *visualize me with a smile trying to be happy, but you see an anger vein right on my head*

I'm glad they're taking advantage of each player having their own screen. This is why I think the cloaking device should return on the 3DS.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
It's like people forgot how great the Pink Hoody Mac pic was and what possibilities it opened up...ugh.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, Didn't Brawl's site have a lame week of filler here and there back when it updated?

Why is everyone comparing this to 75m? (besides the obvious retro connection) The two stages are nothing alike. This stage is a decent size with a simple platform layout (one at the top, two on the second layer, one large platform in the middle, two more bellow it, and one final one at the bottom) The rest of the "Pac Maze" is non-existent to everyone but the ghost and the formation of the dots. Looks like a very average stage with what could be a average gimmick depending on how aggressive the ghost are.

Really can't imagine Pac-Man's classic stage being done any other way.

Last edited:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
*sigh* Costume alts no one really wanted to see, trophies no one cared about, and a gimmicky 3DS stage that will follow in the footsteps of Mario Bros and 75m by being banned in competitive play...

DAMN SAKURAI, YOU KILLING US!!!
Excuse me? The Pink Suit was a fan favorite choice for an alt.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
I think this is a solid update. Yes, its not a veteran, but its good nonetheless. It gives the stage a name, and gives it some more thorough explanation on its mechanics, which actually seems pretty unique.

Every1XplodeNOW

Smash Cadet
NNID
Every1XplodeNOW
3DS FC
4296-3001-1245
You know, if I didn't know better, I would think this was a discussion thread for a popular long-running anime.

Rather or not these pics actually provide us with new information, I just appreciate the fact that Sakurai lets us have these little glimpses of what the games look like.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It seems that unless Sakurai reveals some character then people will call it filler regardless.
I can see it now
Sakurai: Reveals veteran
Smashbaords: It was obvious this person was returning. Filler
Sakurai: Reveals newcomer
Smashboards: We had this leaked ages ago. Filler

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I can see it now
This is the new 'Smashboards cycle'.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know right. Sakurai should reveal a veteran thats return is a little less expected, none of this obvious bull**** :troll:
Well, so many people were convinced of Ike's exclusion he may as well have set the place on fire. :shades:

Then again, I heard my share of "obvious! filler!" that day, all the while going "Yeah, you didn't agree with me when I said it before, but now..."

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Lol another pethetic week as usual. Havent been checking the updates since E3 and im starting to care less about this game. Allready had enough dissapointments this year and the hell im letting this game get my expectations high again. My hype died a while ago.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I can see it now
"Okay I'm getting tired of good PotDs! They're too mainstream! Let's enjoy watching other people complain about the (real) fillers. They are no longer fillers to me!"

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Hmph.

HMPH.

DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M HMPHING.

because this game has a serious lack of :warioc:.
and it's been like a MONTH since E3.

The HYPE IS OVER SAKURAI.

YOU'VE OPENED THE FLOODGATES OF INFORMATION TO US.
YA CAN'T JUST CLOSE THAT LIKE IT'S NOTHING.

now we have
EXPECTATIONS.

there are things we as a community need CLOSURE on.

DO YOU HEAR ME.
CLOSURE.

our unstable little hearts can't take it.
and we beg of you.

give us :warioc:.

(Though I do like this update. We finally got a little info on Pac-Maze. I love how it's made to work only for 3DS.
)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom