• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
This thread in a nutshell:

Person 1: Hey guys, I think *Character name* willl be revealed tonight, even though I have no reason to believe so!
Person 2: OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Person 3: Jump on the bandwagon, yay!

Normal pic of the day, just like almost every other day, where Sakurai reveals a picture based probably on something he's been working on, and thinks people would like to see.

Person 1, 2, 3: What?? NO *character name*? Sakuraaaai you trooolll!!

Lol! And that's why I love you guys ;)

I thought the stage pic/info was cool, don't know what you guys are getting unhyped about lol!
I wanna make every Friday Wario hype friday :)

whose with me?

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Looks like this week took a turn for the uninteresting after Wednesday. Normally I'd be happy with today's pic, but the feature it detailed is just like that of Golden Plains, making neither of them unique.
They are different in every conceivable way except that you collect stuff in both. The things you collect don't even have the same effect: one gives you super armor, the other make you immune to the stage hazard. This is like saying Flat Zone is like Poke Floats because they both change in some way..
Fine fine, so I exaggerated with 'just like'. I sincerely hope you could have guessed I'm not stupid enough to really think that the pellets/coins mechanic is exactly similar. But the basic principle of collecting a hundred small floating objects and getting a power-up is similar.

Looks like this week took a turn for the uninteresting after Wednesday. Normally I'd be happy with today's pic, but the feature it detailed is just like that of Golden Plains, making neither of them unique.

Fine fine, so I exaggerated with 'just like'. I sincerely hope you could have guessed I'm not stupid enough to really think that the pellets/coins mechanic is exactly similar. But the basic principle of collecting a hundred small floating objects and getting a power-up is similar.
My main complainant is the statement "making neither of them unique" is a silly statement to make.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Because it looks exactly how it did in the game it came from.

Which looks like it was made entirely in MS Paint.

That's not to say I don't like it, but I do like the taste of people's tears involving the stage more than the stage itself. :4pacman:
I like the stage FOR that reason. AND that I grew up playing Pac-Land.

This thread in a nutshell:

Person 1: Hey guys, I think *Character name* willl be revealed tonight, even though I have no reason to believe so!
Person 2: OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Person 3: Jump on the bandwagon, yay!

Normal pic of the day, just like almost every other day, where Sakurai reveals a picture based probably on something he's been working on, and thinks people would like to see.

Person 1, 2, 3: What?? NO *character name*? Sakuraaaai you trooolll!!

Lol! And that's why I love you guys ;)

I thought the stage pic/info was cool, don't know what you guys are getting unhyped about lol!
makes sense

btw fellers the whole Wario hyping/frustration post was a joke.

hear me, smashboards.

a joke.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It's Saturday! No pics today. :p
I did the same thing today, haha...

Hopefully next week we'll be treated to more new content. This week was good, but as we inch closer to the release date it's surely going to get better.

Hopefully we'll be seeing these guys on the site by September :popo::warioc::metaknight:

And if we're lucky :falcon::ness2::jigglypuff::rob::ganondorf::gw::falco::wolf::lucas::mewtwopm:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I agree with a lot of people and believe that the word filler is thrown around way too much. To me, filler is something that shares absolutely no information and was obviously just done for fun. The last one like this was the Rosalina + giant fairy pic shown almost two weeks ago. True filler pics aren't typically shown that often. If a pic has stuff we already knew about or a minor new detail, I refer to them as throwaways but, even then, only two of the pics this week were like that. I think people are setting their expectations way too high if they expect everything to be buzzworthy, not to mention it's still only the beginning of the month and there's still plenty of time for things to pick up.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Olimar was revealed on the 12th of this month last year, so I have a good feeling about this upcoming week.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Olimar was revealed on the 12th of this month last year, so I have a good feeling about this upcoming week.
And the next week...
And the next week...
And the next week...
EDIT: actually now that I type this, this pretty much sums up the entire thread.

Last edited:

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
I hope its a good week! "My body is ready" for a character reveal, or even a new stage! Ugh how much longer until monday? I literally count down the minutes until a new picture of the day :)

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
It's going to be Snake because wynaut.

Sidenote: there should really be a Wynaut icon. Just sayin'.

D

Deleted member

Olimar was revealed 12th last year.
Friday is the 11th.
Olimar's gimmick is Pikmin, which aid in his attacks.
Without Pikmin, Olimar is worthless.
The number of Pikmin Olimar can have in Smash 4 was decreased, probably due to how good he was in Brawl.
Olimar's gimmick is similar to another character that was in Brawl and Melee.
Said character is almost useless without the gimmick.
This gimmick will probably be nerfed due to how good it made this character's grab game.

ICE CLIMBERS REVEAL CONFIRMED FRIDAY

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we go another week without any move set talk for Palutena i'mma go apocalypse on Sakurai.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think Wario, Ice Climbers, or one of our Earthbound kids are needed for a reveal this week. They're rather anticipated.
Yes, they can all be revealed week by week which will finally culminate in an epic reveal of Isaac at the August Direct!

Please let me dream..

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Thinking that with a month past E3 closing in, they're going to slowly taper in non-E3 related content. I think after Smash Run enemies/mode, trophies/models, alt costumes/palette swaps, stage hazards and subtle move customizations, the next focus will be item/summons.

tl;dr - Pokeball/AT or other disconfirmation, then when we least expect it, random veteran character.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
i wont get anyones hopes up but we might get a character this friday mainly because thats when evo is and well
this happened http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-is-among-evo-2014s-sponsors/
Ooh! Even if no character, this is awesome! Nintendo is taking lots of big steps toward connecting with their community and it's really awesome! I do think we'll see a veteran Friday though. Times running out, gatta show em sometime! Maybe the tournament popular Meta Knight? Or last year's EVO champs (if my memory isn't messing up) Ice Climbers?
Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say. Guess they must still feel kinda embarrassed about the whole Evo misunderstanding last year and wanna make it up to the community. How nice!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah I don't really see why anybody would assume that the Evo sponsorship has anything to do with a character reveal... like at all. It's great news in general, but there's zero reason to think they would plan for a vet reveal around an event that focuses on their second oldest entry in the series.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, Mondays aren't the most exciting updates usually. Eh, whatever. I just hope it's not too bad.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I could totally go for a Kirby stage on Wii U :). Having Fountain of Dreams back as a retro stage would be great too

D

Deleted member

So, what's everyone expecting tonight?
Monday: Nothing substantial
Tuesday: Information regarding an attack
Wednesday: Smash Run enemy
Thursday: ???
Friday: Vet reveal or more Mii information

ProfTrumanchez

Smash Cadet
NNID
ProfTrumanchez
3DS FC
0731-4753-9860
Like moths to a flame, it's that time of the week again!
I predict a Bowser customization that allows us to adjust the length of his hair. I want mullet koopa king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom