• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why is everyone comparing this to 75m? (besides the obvious retro connection) The two stages are nothing alike. This stage is a decent size with a simple platform layout (one at the top, two on the second layer, one large platform in the middle, two more bellow it, and one final one at the bottom) The rest of the "Pac Maze" is non-existent to everyone but the ghost and the formation of the dots. Looks like a very average stage with what could be a average gimmick depending on how aggressive the ghost are.

Really can't imagine Pac-Man's classic stage being done any other way.
If what we see in that picture on Pac-Man's page is really the entire stage, then yeah it could actually be a pretty good stage with a tame hazard (that also has a very unique additional option to mitigate it) and a focus on vertical gameplay. I was just kinda assuming that there was way more in the stage and that it was crazy massive, but I suppose upon careful inspection of that picture I could see it being this way. From that perspective, you're completely right, and this stage is a very good legal candidate for 3DS play.

I suppose this post is off-topic though since I'm not discussing how informative pictures are filler...

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
SIgh...hopefully you guys are right..

Maybe I will have to wait after the 3ds release for some Wii U exclusive content already.

Well..given the hardware power it should be more creative, graphical, (more entertaining than the Subspace gameplay, liked the cutscenes though), than ever before...that should be worth the wait, or may not. Sakurai is the madhatter in disguise, a trickster. Slight chance of a let down.

Hope that content comes ASAP anyways...

But still I guess this mechanic would only work in 3ds so it's cool. Just hope that a more hd Pac-Maze of some reincarnation makes it into Wii U, loved the design of the first pacman level.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmph.
HMPH.

DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M HMPHING.

because this game has a serious lack of :warioc:.
and it's been like a MONTH since E3.

The HYPE IS OVER SAKURAI.

YOU'VE OPENED THE FLOODGATES OF INFORMATION TO US.
YA CAN'T JUST CLOSE THAT LIKE IT'S NOTHING.

now we have
EXPECTATIONS.

there are things we as a community need CLOSURE on.

DO YOU HEAR ME.
CLOSURE.

our unstable little hearts can't take it.
and we beg of you.

give us :warioc:.

(Though I do like this update. We finally got a little info on Pac-Maze. I love how it's made to work only for 3DS.)
That was quite a poem.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
True. Any picture which you don't like is filler, apparently. (-_-)
People who call any picture a filler are like people who call any female character a mary-sue..... It's starting to just get thrown around whenever at this point... >_>

Anyway, this was definitely not filler. In fact, I find it quite interesting that they are really trying to take advantage of the 3DS version's unique capabilities such as modes like Smash Run and stages like Golden Plains and Pac-Maze. Makes me wonder if they will take advantage of this too for items like the Cloaking Device (if it returns or gets replaced with an item with a similar effect) or assist trophies such as the Nintendog, it would certainly improve them quite a bit I'd say.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It hasn't been even been a month yet since E3. Next week will mark the "month anniversary", if you wanna call it that, for potential character/stage reveals.

I'd rather have the filler pics we get nowadays then the filler pics we got after Smash's initial reveal. Geez, they were funny at first, but only got tiresome.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wario has like a 220% chance of being in smash 4. Don't stress!
Although to be honest out of all the brawl newcomers, he's the one that probably/possibly has the most changes. Stuff like Waft (timer move), his bike, super armor and all that jazz and their particulars were kinda firsts for Brawl and as we see with gliding, likely gone. Characters with a weaving style in Brawl will have greater challenges without a lagless landing air dodge without noticeable changes as a whole.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I really wouldn't mind if there weren't anymore character reveals and we just got a load of them all at once when the game was finally released. Although , 3 months feels like forever so maybe not.. Either way I think a lot of the updates are great especially this week with macs alt costume-which he confirmed more like that and now a new stage with a cool twist. Can u imagine if he just posted these pictures with no explanations , people would go crazy . Ha

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ha, all these people wanting character reveals. Lots of Wario and Lucas, some Ice Climbers and for a time Falco was pretty big. Then there's also all of the want for Palutena pics. Here I am wanting Ganon, heck I don't even care about Wolf anymore, I just want Ganon but since it's 'unlikely' that he'll be revealed randomly before release there's no point in complaining about a lack of Ganon. His best chance is in a direct in August if they mention Hyrule Warriors and/or Zelda Wii U.

I was quite fine with this week, it was nothing too exciting and the palette swaps were for characters I don't care for but I'm content with this week. I suppose I should also mention that I'm not trying to sound like a **** (although I probably am anyways) I'm just noticing everyone's disappointment and my lack of it.

As a number have said before me, this picture gives pretty interesting information with info on a new stage and a 3DS exclusive feature that could have a lot of potential. That being said, it's the caption that tells us this, not the picture so one could say the picture does suck.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Are you serious? Pac-Maze is 3DS exclusive? WHY!? It comes from an arcade, it's the antithesis of handheld! God, Pac-Man's most iconic stage not on Wii U? I like Pac-Land but COME ON!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There will probably be a Pacman stage on the WiiU version too? That may have a similar style/feel. Remember that the 3DS version of the stage looks more like a constant mini game more so than a fighting stage.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Are you serious? Pac-Maze is 3DS exclusive? WHY!? It comes from an arcade, it's the antithesis of handheld! God, Pac-Man's most iconic stage not on Wii U? I like Pac-Land but COME ON!
Yeah, I'm interested to see if Mega Man and Sonic get a second stage too for 3DS.
Anyway, can't believe it's only 50 POTDs and then we'll probably know the full roster.

Staarih

Smash Master
There will probably be a Pacman stage on the WiiU version too? That may have a similar style/feel. Remember that the 3DS version of the stage looks more like a constant mini game more so than a fighting stage.
Wii U has the (horrible) Pac-Land stage haha, I'd really like to have a Pac Maze alongside it, but 3rd parties may be tied to just one stage per version.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wii U has the (horrible) Pac-Land stage haha, I'd really like to have a Pac Maze alongside it, but 3rd parties may be tied to just one stage per version.
Uh, Pac-Land's not horrible, it looks fun, but not as iconic.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I really like these stages taking advantage of their systems and really amping up the gimmicks since most'll have a hazardless version anyway. Now without worrying about disappointing people who hate hazards, they're going all-out and being very creative! Even more impressive though are stages like the Golden Plains and Pac-Maze that take advantage of the 3DS!
Anyway, I'm expecting a veteran next Friday.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Pac-Man has a Wii U stage. It's the one in his reveal trailer that looks like it was made on paint.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
What's wrong with filler? You don't go (stay) home empty-handed :troll:

Groose

Smash Champion
The word "filler" is starting to get very subjective in this thread.
Filler is either a picture that shows us nothing (here's Luigi's nose!) or a picture that just restates what we've already seen with no new input added (a lot of pictures about Rosalina did this after her reveal).

We haven't really had a true filler picture in weeks (with the exception of the Balloon Fight one).

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Wow a pic of the day that is about a new stage. Another that's about an Alt costume. Sakurai must be trolling us by posting good pics :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

I've actually wanted information on this stage for a while not as much as I wanted Pokemon League info so this update is pretty nice. I wonder if any other stages will have the "Collect 100 "X", and you can get "Y"" gimmick. I do like this stage, and it will probably be great for less serious matches.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've actually wanted information on this stage for a while not as much as I wanted Pokemon League info so this update is pretty nice. I wonder if any other stages will have the "Collect 100 "X", and you can get "Y"" gimmick. I do like this stage, and it will probably be great for less serious matches.
Golden Plains has a similar thing. If you collect 100 coins you become gold and powered up

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yeah I know, I meant if there would be more other than the Maze, and Golden Plains.
There already is, it's just these stage gimmicks are new to the Smash series.

Mario Galaxy has the gravity mechanic. Mushroom Kingdom U changes stages, in both aesthetics and stage layout.
I think Windy Hill scrolls in an usual manner, in the same way Sonic did in the 2D sections of Lost World. And Wily Castle has a stage boss hazard that can be attacked to explode and damage other players.

Other stage gimmicks in other stages are the norm.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Looks like this week took a turn for the uninteresting after Wednesday. Normally I'd be happy with today's pic, but the feature it detailed is just like that of Golden Plains, making neither of them unique.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Looks like this week took a turn for the uninteresting after Wednesday. Normally I'd be happy with today's pic, but the feature it detailed is just like that of Golden Plains, making neither of them unique.
Just like in a way that makes them nothing alike.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, not really a good week imo. Now I don't call these pics filler, but they're just uninteresting imo. The Little Mac alt costume pic was pretty cool, but I'm not really interested in the rest.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Eh, not really a good week imo. Now I don't call these pics filler, but they're just uninteresting imo. The Little Mac alt costume pic was pretty cool, but I'm not really interested in the rest.
I wanted a veteran reveal this week. If there isn't next week, I might worry that there will be a repeat of March, especially considering there likely won't be another Smash-focused Direct.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I wanted a veteran reveal this week. If there isn't next week, I might worry that there will be a repeat of March, especially considering there likely won't be another Smash-focused Direct.
We usually get characters in the middle of the month, we're only 4 days into it.
We got 3 highly requested newcomers and a semi confirmation a veteran in only 1 day some weeks ago.
You're already afraid of another March?
A March wich, by the way, was the announcement of a direct that happened like a week after its announcement wich featured 4 veterans and an unexpected newcomer.
There's nothing to worry about, just sayin'.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We usually get characters in the middle of the month, we're only 4 days into it.
We got 3 highly requested newcomers and a semi confirmation a veteran in only 1 day some weeks ago.
A March wich, by the way, was the announcement of a direct that happened like a week after its announcement wich featured 4 veterans and an unexpected newcomer.
Fair enough.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Today's update was my favorite of the week. Unless the ghosts become the focus of the match (like enemies on the Mario Bros retro stage), I think it could be a fun stage to play with friends. I see the biggest advantage to getting the power up to be surprising an opponent by charging through an enemy that they think is separating the two of you in a free for all, but it'll be interesting to see exactly how it plays out.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nobody's worried. We're just bored.
I don't even want many characters really, a few stages would be more than enough.

D

Deleted member

I think it's the clashing designs between the characters and the stage that makes people less fond of it.

Oh yeah, and it's a scrolling stage.

They are different in every conceivable way except that you collect stuff in both. The things you collect don't even have the same effect: one gives you super armor, the other make you immune to the stage hazard. This is like saying Flat Zone is like Poke Floats because they both change in some way..

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This thread in a nutshell:

Person 1: Hey guys, I think *Character name* willl be revealed tonight, even though I have no reason to believe so!
Person 2: OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Person 3: Jump on the bandwagon, yay!

Normal pic of the day, just like almost every other day, where Sakurai reveals a picture based probably on something he's been working on, and thinks people would like to see.

Person 1, 2, 3: What?? NO *character name*? Sakuraaaai you trooolll!!

Lol! And that's why I love you guys ;)

I thought the stage pic/info was cool, don't know what you guys are getting unhyped about lol!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Why does everyone hate Pac-Land? I LOVE IT.
Because it looks exactly how it did in the game it came from.

Which looks like it was made entirely in MS Paint.

That's not to say I don't like it, but I do like the taste of people's tears involving the stage more than the stage itself. :4pacman:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I kinda wish they would have gone the Mushroomy Kingdom route and remade everything in 3-D, but Sakurai does love his retro stuff. I'm at least hoping the stage takes you through the entirety of the game's areas: city, forest, desert, mountain, and castle.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This thread in a nutshell:

Person 1: Hey guys, I think *Character name* willl be revealed tonight, even though I have no reason to believe so!
Person 2: OMG HYPE HYPE HYPE!
Person 3: Jump on the bandwagon, yay!

Normal pic of the day, just like almost every other day, where Sakurai reveals a picture based probably on something he's been working on, and thinks people would like to see.

Person 1, 2, 3: What?? NO *character name*? Sakuraaaai you trooolll!!

Lol! And that's why I love you guys ;)

/thread

I thought the stage pic/info was cool, don't know what you guys are getting unhyped about lol!
The dissonance between the haves and the have-nots is nothing new, nor should it be surprising. People who are patient/grateful for every pic and spout that everyone else should be as well are just as "bad" as people who kill the hype/cry filler for everything. Just different perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom