• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ridley is actually a really shy introvert, he's too scared and humble to be on the same battlefield as Mario and Link.
Yep. Even more Pyrosphere. Has anyone else noticed that Pyrosphere was also shown off more than any other stage in the press release photos and in the Direct? It's shown off too frequently to be coincidental. Maybe he's just a big fan of the stage...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yep. Even more Pyrosphere. Has anyone else noticed that Pyrosphere was also shown off more than any other stage in the press release photos and in the Direct? It's shown off too frequently to be coincidental. Maybe he's just a big fan of the stage...
It does have some of the nicest lighting, so it could just be a decision (conscious or not) to show the game off at it's perceived-prettiest.

peachy!

super princess
I was satisfied with today's picture. After the Direct, however, I have lost interest in the daily updates.

Sakurai showed off so much new content, that I feel like there's nothing else to show, therefore everyday's pictures being fillers.

I know this is not really the case, but still. I look forward to information on changes to veteran fighters' moves—Peach, especially, whose moves Sakurai warned were bound to change this time around.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Canonically he can't learn Aqua Jet. From his Egg/teachable moves, it could feasibly be Water Sport, Water Pledge, or Waterfall.

Could also just be an original attack, like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt.
Most certainly, but Sakurai has been known to give people moves from others in their series, so it's justified to say it's Aqua Jet at this point.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
mewtwo I believe is still in based on the trailer tease( he seems obv that we were supposed to think mewtwo when he first appeared.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
tbh, anyone who tries to tell me that mewtwo's chance decreased because of how you do not count the pokemon trainer's pokemon as individual, well by that logic, zamus and samus required the work of the devs of only one character when we know how those are 2 different characters the same logic goes for zelda/sheik it is that ilogical.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
tbh, anyone who tries to tell me that mewtwo's chance decreased because of how you do not count the pokemon trainer's pokemon as individual, well by that logic, zamus and samus required the work of the devs of only one character when we know how those are 2 different characters the same logic goes for zelda/sheik it is that ilogical.
According to my research the biggest reason that the buffoons think mewtwo is dead is due to they think its too much for 3 pokemon to have mega evolve as the final smash

And yet it's like they can't see that the mega forms of pokemon have different moves and completely different

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
According to my research the biggest reason that the buffoons think mewtwo is dead is due to they think its too much for 3 pokemon to have mega evolve as the final smash

And yet it's like they can't see that the mega forms of pokemon have different moves and completely different
ugh...

No comment this makes even less sense like hoe the final smash of a character would give a good idea of his chance? fox/falco/wolf say hello!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Prediction, Zero Suit Samus's boots, with Zelda and her phantom with Link in the middle.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ugh...

No comment this makes even less sense like hoe the final smash of a character would give a good idea of his chance? fox/falco/wolf say hello!
I know here's the worst part

That why gamexplain thinks mewtwo is not coming back its like the proof from before is invisible

Last edited:

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm hoping to see a picture of mega Kangaskhan from a Pokeball and using fake out to cause flinching. Think how annoying it would be if you stop flinching and baby kang fakes you out too.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Like I said in the Greninja board, I think he's more about deception than just being quick/having flow like Shiek. He has two moves that appear to do the same thing (disappearing, then reappearing to attack), but which one he's pulling off requires strict attention in the heat of the battle. Shadow sneak strikes from behind, Sub hits from the front.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
While the direct is cool and all, I kind of feel it makes the PotD seem less exciting now since not expecting potentially exciting information.

...and yet I will still loose sleep over this. Anyway, I predict Sheik and/or Yoshi tonight!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While the direct is cool and all, I kind of feel it makes the PotD seem less exciting now since not expecting potentially exciting information.

...and yet I will still loose sleep over this. Anyway, I predict Sheik and/or Yoshi tonight!
Well, we still have Wairo, C. Falcon, ICs, and Ness!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly clarification on Direct info and just pretty pictures in general are appreciated by me greatly.

Today's was cool, though admittedly we obviously didn't get too much about Greninja in the Direct. Maybe we can hope for some clarification on why Yoshi standing up means he's stronger all of a sudden.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

PotD?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Like, I noticed since a couple days that the direct was so good that I don't even care for potd as much as before. Just smash run really made my day this is because I found kirby air ride to be WAY underrated and I was sure that if Sakurai liked the checklist to put it in brawl, I didn't think we should end the talk about city trial here he knows how this concept is so good and I got the proof that I was right and I'm so happy about it. So, I never tough I would say that but go for it Sakurai you can put filler pics I don't care because you told me enough to convince me at 100% that this game would be better than brawl and just for that amazing.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
Well, we still have Wairo, C. Falcon, ICs, and Ness!
Yeah, but for sure they won't come until a while after, definitely not this week or next. I think my expectation will be low for a while, but I'm sure it'll pick up again in time.

Stands for Picture of the Day, as in the daily picture Sakurai posts on his miiverse account.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I really want to see if Sakurai's cat is in the Nintendogs stage, as it is confirmed that there are cats.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Honestly clarification on Direct info and just pretty pictures in general are appreciated by me greatly.

Today's was cool, though admittedly we obviously didn't get too much about Greninja in the Direct. Maybe we can hope for some clarification on why Yoshi standing up means he's stronger all of a sudden.
I agree with everything you said. I mean, the first PotD after the Direct was a bit of a filler, but give him a break. Today we got new info. We will still get a steady stream of new info, even if it's clarifications on moves or items we saw in the Direct.

As for Yoshi... I noticed a couple of changes moves... but nothing really. I was hoping for a changed Up B, or at least, the way it functions. I could manage to use Yoshi in Melee, but in Brawl I couldn't play him for the life of me.

D

Deleted member

Since I'm currently 1:1, I say we're going to get some stage info, either on the Pokemon League stage, or another returning stage.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
From around 200+ people a day on average for a pic of the day...to 3 :p.

Anyways, I predict rehashed pics for the next month or so.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thinking Mewtwo is gone because of Mewtwo i extremely illogical. Especially if you mean that 'there's no room left for him'. There were 6 Pokémon characters in Brawl, and there can be 6 of them here. And Mewtwo happens to be pretty much the most wanted charcter overal for the new Smash anyways. Oh, and the amount of Mario characters have nothing to do with the amount of Pkmn character~

But anyways, Mewtwo will probably remain hidden. Pic of the Day... um. Not sure. I hope details about Charizard's new Fire Attack. I wanna know if it's Flamle Charge or Flare Blitz~

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thinking Mewtwo is gone because of Mewtwo i extremely illogical. Especially if you mean that 'there's no room left for him'. There were 6 Pokémon characters in Brawl, and there can be 6 of them here. And Mewtwo happens to be pretty much the most wanted charcter overal for the new Smash anyways. Oh, and the amount of Mario characters have nothing to do with the amount of Pkmn character~

But anyways, Mewtwo will probably remain hidden. Pic of the Day... um. Not sure. I hope details about Charizard's new Fire Attack. I wanna know if it's Flamle Charge or Flare Blitz~
Not to mention Sakuarai did say he's considering him, even though he keeps roster information like that secret.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Oh, a pic I want to see is one explaining custom movesets in more detail. That would be nice.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh, a pic I want to see is one explaining custom movesets in more detail. That would be nice.
He did say he'd explain it 'at a later date', though, so I personally don't Think we'll hear more about it until E3. But it would be neat. I wanna know of Samus can now use her Ice Beam. XD

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'd like a pic of Yoshi tonight, maybe a little explanation on one of his changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom