• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would actually more expect that it will probably never be brought up by Sakurai or Nintendo again. The funny this is, this time around Nintendo played their hand by taking down the videos which granted legitimacy to a lot of peoples minds in regards to the claim. At this point the leak has become a Pandora's box that cannot be closed as the videos have long since been saved and transferred to places outside of Youtube where they have less control so I image it's more likely if it was someone internally they will deal with that person quietly without alot of public eye on the matter.
Yep the videos was the opening of pandoras box and we know 85% of the roster now (leaker said not full roster so 3 between 5 more, most likely anyway.)

"Reveal" :( As if we don't already know a lot of megatons.
Misprint i mean't to say reveals

I smell the last character trailer before release which is next week or the week after that

Then it will be after release character trailers. (If duck hunt dog, bowser jr, shulk, dark pit, are not shown.)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ah darn... I keep falling asleep before the updates...! Oh well, challenges are fun and music is awesome! I'd love to hear some Chamical Plant or Rooftop Run - or ohh - Planet Wisp music soon maybe! There's a lot of good Sonic music. Also that Ballad of the Goddess remix we heard in the direct would have me listening again and again~ Especially if they also let us hear the Ghirahim part!

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoHJUOb7A
Pic of the day. A panel in the Challenges area will unlock everytime you clear a challenge. When you unlock a panel, you'll see hints for unlocking panels directly adjacent to it on all sides. And this time, each panel will unlock pictures related to the challenge. This is tougher than it looks, you know? The challenges in the 3DS version are a little on the easy side, but the Wii U version challenges might be a bit trickier.
Did Sakurai just confirm the 3ds version is for casuals? :p
MORE MUSIC!

DREAM TEAM MUSIC!
KIRBY MUSIC!
Though I'm very happy some M&L music made it into the game, I'm a bit indifferent about this remix. I definitely prefer the original, though I guess they had to make it more suited for smash. Good song still, but the M&L series has better songs to offer so I hope the WiiU version will make up for that.

Kirby song is solid as always.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I could go on about how a well explained/understood interface actually saves just about everyone a lot of time and is probably specifically kept to just before release so it's most fresh in people's minds.
That could be an update to the 3DS section if it needs to be ("Modes" or something). For me personally, I can figure out all the menus just fine without having them explained over the course of three weeks. Maybe other people don't, but I generally explore all the menus anyway to find out where everything is.
We're getting shown the interface for an about to be released game. Sakurai did exactly the same thing for Brawl during the final stages. It wasn't suddenly some sort of hyper week/fortnight/etc of reveals.
Yes, but that was a different time.

Nintendo has changed their strategies since then. That was before Nintendo Directs, remember. While he could be doing the same thing as Brawl, it seems just as likely if not more that he'd be following the mold of Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors... which would mean one last info dump coming sometime before launch.

Personally, I'll be much more hyped by that than I would be by menu updates, music or no music. Call me spoiled if you want, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not finding menus to be hype-worthy.

While it would work better if the release was synchronized globally, the full roster is going to be revealed anyway when it comes out in Japan and almost anyone who follows the PotD consistently is also someone who is going to read about that. He can also always do the spoiler alerts like he did on the Brawl website for those who care. Better to build up the hype before launch instead of peaking back at E3 and in July with the Robin/Lucina reveal... Even just revealing one final newcomer would be far better than doing menus and music the whole time.
But yeah, don't really think anything is much different due to leaks. It makes sense to keep surprises at this point and I don't think Sakurai has a work ethic to punish "everyone".
Yeah I don't really think it is either. Even if he changed his schedule due to the leaks, it would probably just mean switching one character for another (e.g. revealing a character that doesn't appear in the leak) and probably would only affect one day or so. These updates were likely coming anyway.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Hardcore fans are more likely to get the Wii U version or both.

Uhhh, why?
The challenge board is primarily a single player challenge, and the 3DS version seems to have a better format to spend a lot of time playing alone. On Wii U, you probably always at least have access to WiFi when playing so you could always play online, and if you have other people around, you can always play with them since only one person has to own the game to play it. With 3DS, you could go anywhere to play since it's a handheld, and you might not have WiFi at those times and even if you meet people you might want to play you only can if they also own the game and have their equipment with them. For a game like that, I'd figure a single player focus would make a lot of sense, but perhaps Japan's extremely high population density and the huge popularity of the 3DS over there make that calculation different.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm confident that Wii U will get a new Kirby stage because I can't see that version of Green Greens fitting on the Gameboy Kirby stage.
Well most definitely, it would be kinda silly if they didn't take advantage of the opportunity and make a stylized Kirby's Epic Yarn stage.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm still holding out for something that wasn't shown in the leak. People are still holding out on the "5 Extra Character" rumor because, from the looks of things, Bowser Jr and Wario are probably the last starters Lucas and the Ice Climbers' fate being totally up in the air. Lucas could wind up as an ALT for Ness since Olimar's getting Alph and Bowser Jr is getting all the Koopa Kids but Ice Climbers may wind up as DLC or a Wii U exclusive.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers may wind up as DLC or a Wii U exclusive.
Regardless of what anyone says, I still believe Ice Climbers will be a playable on both versions, with some limitations.

- Popo will go in solo
- He will be greatly buffed
- His Up B is now the condor
- Nana is his female alt

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Regardless of what anyone says, I still believe Ice Climbers will be a playable on both versions, with some limitations.

- Popo will go in solo
- He will be greatly buffed
- His Up B is now the condor
- Nana is his female alt
I'm personally conflicted on this idea. On the one hand, it would save them from being outright cut but, on the other hand, it would get rid of what made them special in the first place.

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
Yeah still don't think they've been cut, the leaker himself said he only knew the things from in the videos, Ice Climbers can still be in I guess...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope we get a character tomorrow. Preferably Ness, since today is his anniversary, even though it'd be old news by then.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally conflicted on this idea. On the one hand, it would save them from being outright cut but, on the other hand, it would get rid of what made them special in the first place.
You forget that, what makes Zelda and Sheik special was their transformation into one another, and that's been removed. I'm pretty sure that was for competitive uses, but most characters in this game has fully changed, and it's unpredictable what the other characters will be like this time around.

I'll feel free to continue this in the Ice Climbers thread.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
You forget that, what makes Zelda and Sheik special was their transformation into one another, and that's been removed. I'm pretty sure that was for competitive uses, but most characters in this game has fully changed, and it's unpredictable what the other characters will be like this time around.

I'll feel free to continue this in the Ice Climbers thread.
Thats different. Zelda and sheik are 2 different characters, that happened to be linked by a move. Ice climbers are based on having the other. Changing an entire character =/= seperating 2 different characters.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
That's how I feel about this too :\.

I hope we get a pic of them today :(.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
It does seem extremely coincidental that the updates have become significantly less interesting since the leak. Although it probably won't be for another month, I am interested in seeing if he makes an official statement about it.
I agree with this. Sakurai said the roster would be the same between both versions, but THINGS CHANGE.

Im 99% certain IC will be the Wii U Exclusive, and hey... maybe Captain Falcondorf is the 3DS exclusive while Hyrule Warriors Ganon is a Wii u Version.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Predicting a mediocre picture or Pichu. Some people would consider them one and the same but not me. Amusingly enough the past few pictures have been mediocre, keeping in mind that I said PICTURE. The music's nice and the caption explains the rather obvious but the picture is rather boring to look at.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's crazy how sure we were of Shulk being revealed when Sakurai announced the previous reveal trailer and how wrong we were.

Hoping for another reveal announcement via PotD but I don't anticipate one until, like the week before Japanese release.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sakurai needs to play his cards like, now. If he puts off announcing characters for another week, he's basically begging for more people to leak his stuff.
He shouldn't have put things off for as long as he did in the first place. Think Sakurai, THINK!!!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Predicting a mediocre picture or Pichu. Some people would consider them one and the same but not me. Amusingly enough the past few pictures have been mediocre, keeping in mind that I said PICTURE. The music's nice and the caption explains the rather obvious but the picture is rather boring to look at.
For the literal **** of it.... I have nothing to lose.

No Wario today, TODAY I WILL HYPE PICHU.

PICHUPHURSDAY.

lets get hyped.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
For the literal **** of it.... I have nothing to lose.

No Wario today, TODAY I WILL HYPE PICHU.

PICHUPHURSDAY.

lets get hyped.
It's going to be Wario now.

I can FEEL it.

Either way, while I do enjoy the musical updates A LOT (Except for Green Greens v2, it's too "regal" for my pallet), I want to see something besides menus. I'm not saying this because of It That Shall Not Be Named, but rather because getting 4 menu pictures in a row is kind of boring.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@Swift Fox
...take it easy today, not feeling as competitive as usual. xD You don't have to make it a priority to beat me.
I might get it before you, I just won't be at it as much as I was the previous days. Make no mistake though, in the last two weeks, I'll be in peak form for the best updates....
So....

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Stahp guessing characters. It wont happen. Would be great if it did, but I wouldnt anticipate it, much less hype myself over it. However, Sakurai seems to be rolling out the 3DS content this week, so Im guessing we get more of that

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Well, no sense in breaking the game mode update trend for the fourth update of the week, but maybe we'll get a surprise veteran Friday to shake things up.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We've had 3 3DS pics this week. I'm sure we'll get a substantial and exciting Wii U pic tomorrow. Lots of character reveals tend to happen on Thursdays.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
I'm not hyping for Ness tonight, there are a few other characters that need in.

Game and Watch hype tonight, Wario would be nice as well.
Watch it be Ness since I am completely not expecting him to get revealed early after last night

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Okay guys, this time let's not get hype over anything, then maybe we'll get hype worthy pictures!
#tradehypeforhype

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm not hyping for Ness tonight, there are a few other characters that need in.

Game and Watch hype tonight, Wario would be nice as well.
Watch it be Ness since I am completely not expecting him to get revealed early after last night
As much as I want him, Game and Watch would not be very hype to look at. He'll be fun to play as, but his design is intentionally simplistic, and I don't see how they can improve him any further visually.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Tonight's PotD

Sakurai: Hrrm......What did I have planned for August 28th's picture. OH YEAH, MORE GAMEPLAY MODES!!! :troll:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Tonight's PotD

Sakurai: Hrrm......What did I have planned for August 28th's picture. OH YEAH, MORE GAMEPLAY MODES!!! :troll:
Basically this.
He'll probably use the last few weeks to throw his little temper tantrum about not showing off his characters in time. Shouldn't of put it off for as long as you did, Sakurai. :p

As much as I want him, Game and Watch would not be very hype to look at. He'll be fun to play as, but his design is intentionally simplistic, and I don't see how they can improve him any further visually.
Give him an alt. costume where he has a 3D render.
:awesome:

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Going to guess more 3DS modes/menus by the way things are currently going. I think he will highlight the Rival Smash in the Multi Man Smash section that comes from the leak. Seems like something he would do. Or I could be pleasantly surprised and get something on Wii U, but I'm betting it will be the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom