• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
We're getting new music daily and people are complaining about also seeing menus.

My sadness is so large right now. Considering it was only a few weeks ago I was saying "I don't even really care about even some of the more exciting tidbits like stages right now, that's boring, we'll get a better understanding/enjoy them more once we play them", "BUT ID KILL FOR MUSIC UPDATES".

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Punishing us, my ***. He's spoiling us. Sakurai has loaded this game with gameplay modes and other content, from trophies to wonderful, nostalgic music. 90% of previous PotDs have involved screenshots within a match. Time to show off the 40 other fun things you can do in the game besides fight before the game comes out.
Okay maybe I'm being overdramatic here. I'd at least like to see a stage. Aw well, music every other day seems great.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Okay maybe I'm being overdramatic here. I'd at least like to see a stage. Aw well, music every other day seems great.
No worries. I'd like one too, but we already have 24 3DS stages confirmed. Some have gotta stay secret and unlockable, and he'll probably show more Wii U ones after the 3DS version comes out to hype the next game.
We indirectly have a Kirby stage hinted at with the new music. Maybe we'll see it soon? :D

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
So are we getting mode menus all the way up until launch now because of the leaks?

Only 12 more POTD left Sakurai! Surely there's gotta be at least one new character in there... Even if it's a veteran...

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I remember hearing this Green Green V. 2 somewhere else. Pretty sure it was in the April Direct during Kirby+Dedede's section. Same goes for the Pokemon X/Y battle theme for Greninja.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So are we getting mode menus all the way up until launch now because of the leaks?

Only 12 more POTD left Sakurai! Surely there's gotta be at least one new character in there... Even if it's a veteran...
We're getting shown the interface for an about to be released game. Sakurai did exactly the same thing for Brawl during the final stages. It wasn't suddenly some sort of hyper week/fortnight/etc of reveals. But furthermore we're also getting two ? new songs every [edit: second (apparently)] day since the music section was added. I think that's pretty significant/awesome.

I could go on about how a well explained/understood interface actually saves just about everyone a lot of time and is probably specifically kept to just before release so it's most fresh in people's minds. However, we're also getting new music often, which is so ****ing awesome. But yeah, don't really think anything is much different due to leaks. It makes sense to keep surprises at this point and I don't think Sakurai has a work ethic to punish "everyone".

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I said this last time I heard it but...

That rendition Green Greens is just painful to listen to. It's like a piano full of cats being run over by a street sweeper.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Daily music updates on the site now? I didn't know about that.
I guess they update two at a time each day? Did the Mega Man II medley and Bath Time tracks get added yesterday?

Gives me something else to look forward to besides the pic!

---

Last edited:

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
So... We're just getting menu screenshots this week? If so, I hope Sakurai tops off the week with an image of the character select screen.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Daily music updates on the site now? I didn't know about that.
I guess they update two at a time each day? Did the Mega Man II medley and Bath Time tracks get added yesterday?

Gives me something else to look forward to besides the pic!

---
There was no music update yesterday. It was Monday when the Mega Man and Bath Time tracks were added.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I said this last time I heard it but...

That rendition Green Greens is just painful to listen to. It's like a piano full of cats being run over by a street sweeper.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from and didn't exactly like it at first instance either, it seems a bit more upbeat in particular though and it may blend well on stage in matches. I think if they removed the whistle/buzz instrument it would probably be a lot nicer on the ear.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There's just so much more that could be shown, there are still a ton of characters yet to have been revealed, and lets not even get started on the custom movesets. If theres like 50 characters and each of them have 12 specials all together (by custom moves) you'd think that'd be enough to show them regularly or something, thats what I want to see the most. That or costumes.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Really? I quite like it. To each his own I guess.
Hmm, I can see where you're coming from and didn't exactly like it at first instance either, it seems a bit more upbeat in particular though and it may blend well on stage in matches.
To me, it's just too busy. The flute is nice, but the piano overlay is just so harsh and flat sounding, it kinda ruins it for me.

Also, like the Melee rendition, which I liked but felt too somber, I feel it doesn't have enough energy and pep. Green Greens is supposed to have energy and cheer to it, like you're playing in Kirby's colorful world.

Compare it to how Smooth McGroove sings it:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So Challenges. Yay. Way to make my day by entirely ignoring Earthbound's 20th anniversary, Sakurai... >_>

At least there's some good music.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
To me, it's just too busy. The flute is nice, but the piano overlay is just so harsh and flat sounding, it kinda ruins it for me.

Also, like the Melee rendition, which I liked but felt too somber, I feel it doesn't have enough energy and pep. Green Greens is supposed to have energy and cheer to it, like you're playing in Kirby's colorful world.

Man, I wish Sakurai had have reached out to Smooth to do a couple of songs for Smash.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I always treated the POTD as just some fun thing I woke up too.

So updates like the challenge menu never bothered me. However, it's even better that we are also getting music update with the POTDs now.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

Agree totally. I was stoked when I saw there was another version of Green Greens, but rather disappointed when I heard it. It's a good version, don't get me wrong, but almost too grandiose for it's own good. Green Greens is supposed to be peppy and quick, not large and flowing.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
TRY TRY AGAIN GOT A FRIGGING DREAMY REMIX :crazy: :colorful:

It's pretty easy to forget that we've only seen pictures from this game, which indeed means that little to nothing music has been rolled out officially until last week.

Goodness though, this has to be one of my fave batches from Music of The Day. That Green Greens sounds very musical play-like arrangement- I might not mind the very "graceful" rendition to it, it seems like style choice to this game.
I wanna hear rest of that violin so bad...

Still overjoyed with Try Try Again getting official re-arrangement from the composer herself. Praise you Yoko!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm confident that Wii U will get a new Kirby stage because I can't see that version of Green Greens fitting on the Gameboy Kirby stage.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It seems like we're getting M/W/F music updates most likely, which is great! 6 tracks per week until release! The Green Greens v.2 is probably my favorite so far.

As for the picture, I was expecting challenge mode to return, although I do think it's a bit odd to have a notable gap in difficulty between the two versions. I would guess there are a reasonable number of "play this new mode one time" challenges just to reward players for trying new modes. I also agree with those saying there are probably more grids to unlock over time as 35 challenges would be quite low (but easier).

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Oh wow. OH WOW! The new Green Greens is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see the stage that accompanies it. Part of me thinks it might be scrolling, which makes me sad.

P.S. I hope they bring Fountain of Dreams back with an orchestrated version of the music.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
As far as Sakurai doing this out of spite, I really doubt that's how it works. The site updates and information are probably plan further ahead of time and I think that the fact that he is showing stuff from the leak makes it more likely that he is choosing the outright ignore the leak all together. It may simply be with the 3DS version coming out soon they're getting certain information of the versions out of the way.

As far as the challenge menu itself I found the last line about the Wii U version interesting. Traditionally due to the nature of how handheld devices are used are generally more casual and are usually played for shorter bursts that those on the larger consoles, as a result it does make some degree of sense that the challenge board would have some more difficult or time consuming challenges compared to that of the handheld version. It may also have to do with the fact that there are still a lot of unknowns about the Wii U version's extra modes at this point so we still aren't aware of what those challenges consist of.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It does seem extremely coincidental that the updates have become significantly less interesting since the leak. Although it probably won't be for another month, I am interested in seeing if he makes an official statement about it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I smell a direct announcement on friday

And either next week

Or the week of release

I smell giga potd updates that reveal stuff before release.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It does seem extremely coincidental that the updates have become significantly less interesting since the leak. Although it probably won't be for another month, I am interested in seeing if he makes an official statement about it.
I would actually more expect that it will probably never be brought up by Sakurai or Nintendo again. The funny this is, this time around Nintendo played their hand by taking down the videos which granted legitimacy to a lot of peoples minds in regards to the claim. At this point the leak has become a Pandora's box that cannot be closed as the videos have long since been saved and transferred to places outside of Youtube where they have less control so I image it's more likely if it was someone internally they will deal with that person quietly without alot of public eye on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom