• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
>Wakes up
>Sees picture

GameFaqs is gonna crumble.

Also, female designer? I'm actually a bit surprised there's a seperate designer for the femal characters.
Ok, I must've looked like the biggest moron back there. I just realized that there isn't separate designer for the female characters, but that the designer who created the alts for Samus is actually a girl.

I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
This is actually a very real and scary possibility.
Scary? The more the merrier! He wouldn't be "stealing anyone's spot" as he'd just be a tweaked version of Pit, like Falco is to Fox. I'm personally totally fine with clones as long as it's not the same character (example: Mario & Dr. Mario. That's just...kinda dumb) But yeah, Dark Pit would be a fun new personality added to the Smash family. I was also pretty against him until I saw Lucina. Now I'm excited somehow!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Scary? The more the merrier! He wouldn't be "stealing anyone's spot" as he'd just be a tweaked version of Pit, like Falco is to Fox. I'm personally totally fine with clones as long as it's not the same character (example: Mario & Dr. Mario. That's just...kinda dumb) But yeah, Dark Pit would be a fun new personality added to the Smash family. I was also pretty against him until I saw Lucina. Now I'm excited somehow!
I'm less excited be cause of Lucina.

D

Deleted member

Based NoE and their extra pics.

The caption as some really witty humor.

To elaborate, marathons have their origin in Ancient Greece. Now, what is the basis for the world and pantheon of the Kid Icarus series?
ROME!
:troll:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It's kinda unnecessary if you're going to have him as a character like that. Either give him an original moveset is he's gonna be a character, or keep him as an alt. The only difference between Pittoo and Pit are their voices and color, that's it. There's no height difference like with Marth and Lucina, and even though it would buff up the roster, it feels jarring to see two characters who look EXACTLY like each other, save for color, on the selection screen.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yeah, i doubt Dark Pit is going to be a newcomer honestly. Anyone who's played Uprising knows
that he's just a legit. clone of Pit, the only difference being that he (could) fly, and has his own mind and motives. And his voice is different from Pits somewhat. Otherwise, they're exactly the same.
Best chance for Pittoo in Smash 4 is as an Alt. or an Assist Trophy. :\

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
It's pics like these where you see just how impossibly flexible the Smash Bros fighters are.
Bull.
I just did this pose, once again, in my room with my mirror. It's easy, and takes no great feat of athletics or flexibility, and I'm a guy.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yeah, i doubt Dark Pit is going to be a newcomer honestly. Anyone who's played Uprising knows
that he's just a legit. clone of Pit, the only difference being that he (could) fly, and has his own mind and motives. And his voice is different from Pits somewhat. Otherwise, they're exactly the same.
Best chance for Pittoo in Smash 4 is as an Alt. or an Assist Trophy. :\
Also
[collapse=More Spoilers] By the end of the game, when Pandora leaves his wings, he can only fly with the help of a goddess, just like Pit. So that makes them even more cloney.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So isn't this potd the anniversary of the pyrosohere potd?
Ridley fans, get hyped.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I've got to be the only person alive looking at those pictures and thinking "I really like the design for the jet boots with these alt costumes"

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Looking back, POTD has been a phenomenal way to keep the fanbase hyped. Can't believe we've been getting these for over a year, meaning I've been checking for them every weeknight for over a year.

Sakurai found a way to make smash 4 part of my daily routine and it's not even out yet. Well done, Sakurai. Well done.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ridley Wednesday, anyone?
I'm randomly thinking that we'll get a Robin-style announcement soon. There hasn't been a Direct announcement yet and I think he'd have said something about it by now if it was happening this month.

Ridley is the one I think would be revealed in a new trailer. Probably the most hype character he could show right before launch.

Looking back, POTD has been a phenomenal way to keep the fanbase hyped. Can't believe we've been getting these for over a year, meaning I've been checking for them every weeknight for over a year.

Sakurai found a way to make smash 4 part of my daily routine and it's not even out yet. Well done, Sakurai. Well done.
POTD has been great for sure, but when I compare to the Brawl Dojo, the hype is a bit more reserved this time around. I MOST often don't find myself waiting up at night to see the POTD, but I very rarely missed the Dojo updates. We got newcomers then, we don't get newcomers in the POTD.

I've never been more hyped up than when I kept refreshing the Dojo website and then saw Pokemon Trainer for the first time. Such a glorious day

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm coming back here to avoid being any more disappointed from that leak being discussed in the Social Thread.

So what do you think we'll get tomorrow? I'd like to see a new stage, for Wii U this time.

Last edited:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Kirby 3ds stage would be awesome. Another tease at Ridley to celebrate his teasing-anniversary would be pretty cool, or, ya know, a direct with new characters...

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Sakurai doesn't care about Anniversaries, so yeah. Don't get your hopes up this time.

Or maybe it's time for a change of pace?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's kinda unnecessary if you're going to have him as a character like that. Either give him an original moveset is he's gonna be a character, or keep him as an alt. The only difference between Pittoo and Pit are their voices and color, that's it. There's no height difference like with Marth and Lucina, and even though it would buff up the roster, it feels jarring to see two characters who look EXACTLY like each other, save for color, on the selection screen.
Eh, well I haven't played uprising but maybe they could give him some other weapons and make him more powerful but slightly slower or something. Yeah, he does look like Pit (he's literally a clone I think?) but I think he was ganna be an alt and then they decided to give him the same treatment Lucina got at the same time as her, if not before. I'm pretty sure his appearance at the end of Palutena's trailer and her special art signify his role as a secret newcomer. Yeah, it'd be jarring to see him and Pit since they look alike, but besides looks it'd be the same thing as Fox/Falco or Marth/Lucina.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I'm kinda neutral either way, I barely know Dark Pit, I just think the more the merrier and there's some interesting evidence making a strong case for his inclusion. Besides his fans'll love it and his different voice clips, win poses, and trophy description will... be cool. I dunno, I wanted to mention that for some reason? Whatever, I'm kinda tired and don't know how to end this.

Pic of the day wednesday, uuummm maybe a vet with that music update hopefully, or maybe... I dunno, we got assist trophy, alts, and a stage very recently this week. Item? Maybe what that chest does? Maybe a Pokeball Poke?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Let's go... Wario Wendsday! Gettin out yee old gif, three months in the making

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Jesus Christ, the signatures along make this thread look like an absolute mess sometimes. ¦D;

Anywho, I'd like another vet for tonight but since Sakurai hates patterns, I'm definitely not expecting one.

D

Deleted member

WE GOT META KNIGHT LITERALLY A WEEK AGO.
WE'RE NOT GETTING A VET
Anywho I say we're getting a stage tonight.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Jesus Christ, the signatures along make this thread look like an absolute mess sometimes. ¦D;

Anywho, I'd like another vet for tonight but since Sakurai hates patterns, I'm definitely not expecting one.
My sig is the most eye candy thing on this forum :) (such natural beauty)

But in regards, I think a vet a day till release is just what we need!!

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
No need to be like that, just because we're close to release doesn't mean we're guaranteed to get anything.
It's not an expectation, it's speculation.

Smashers are like gamblers, they take any chance that arises. Especially if it's a good chance.

A dash of hype never spoils the brew of prime Sakurai sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom