• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Well they do have more room to go in Smash 5. In the original Japanese release of Metroid, Samus is nude. That's right your reward for beating Metroid is pixelated nudity.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Surprised the Brinstar confirmation is surprising to some people. Once I heard the Melee Brinstar mix in the Smash Direct, I thought it was a sure thing it was coming back. :3

That Smash Direct also had Samus's theme and the Brawl Pokemon theme remix, so if it's consistent, Norfair and Pokemon Stadium 2 will be making a return as well.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
>Wakes up
>Sees picture

GameFaqs is gonna crumble.

Also, female designer? I'm actually a bit surprised there's a seperate designer for the femal characters.

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
However Smash Bros isn't rooted in realism and serious story telling.

The phrase "When in Rome, do as Romans do" comes to mind.
Sure, but I'm the kind of guy who wants to see the respective character conserve as much of their canon identity as possible when in Smash. I know that Samus would never ever wear something so silly during combat (only after combat ^.^), so it kinda irks me that she does in smash. It's not like this specific choice in alternate costumes was vital or anything either.

I definitely see your point though

I'm glad among the many various alts Zero Suit could have, they chose practically one of the most modest/casual choices.
Also, sweet, Brinstar. But where's my n64 stages. Outside of Final Destination(and Battlefield), technically.
hmm well there's still this.

Samurai pls.

I'm surprised at the amount of people who say this overly sexualizes Zero Suit Samus when it is probably less blatently sexual then the Zero suit.
I'm inclined to agree with you buuuutttt.... seeing how everybody (AKA non-detractors salivating at the new skin) are reacting, it very well could be considered more sexual based solely on principal. I know a good bunch of them are just joking, but still ; ) .

Nope, 3ds got that Green Hills whatever from Brawl.
I'm still wondering if the retro-stages count as "The Stage" for the 3ds version. Will we still get an new Metroid/Sonic stage on the 3ds? Or is that it?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh, Zamus in shorts? Cool outfits, if I'm ganna beat people up as her I'll do it in casual wear cause I'm a show-off like that. Though, this update kinda makes me want a shirtless Ike or somethin~ I dunno if he gets shirtless in his game but it would still be a great outfit ANYWAY what Brinstar is back? What about a Nintendo rep at E3 saying Kraid would be a boss in smash run? What about Brinstar Depths looking awesome in 3D probably?? Are we not getting Brinstar Depths now or could we get both Brinstar and Brinstar Depths...?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I want to say something, but I feel that it might be a little too inappropriate.... (And no, it's not about Samus's alternate costumes) Eh I guess I'd better not.....
Pretty neat looking alt and I guess I should have known that yet another meltdown would occur with some people on the internet with this. I guess it was kinda smart of Sakurai to at least reassure that it was done by a female designer.....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I want to say something, but I feel that it might be a little too inappropriate.... (And no, it's not about Samus's alternate costumes) Eh I guess I'd better not.....
Pretty neat looking alt and I guess I should have known that yet another meltdown would occur with some people on the internet with this. I guess it was kinda smart of Sakurai to at least reassure that it was done by a female designer.....
Hey.

Kiwi.

Mods are allowed to be innapropriet. Tell us. Or we'll vote for a different president Mod.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just remember, perverts aren't male only. ;)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey.

Kiwi.

Mods are allowed to be innapropriet. Tell us. Or we'll vote for a different president Mod.
Well I wanted to make a sarcastic remark in regards to Brinstar and that Brain thing at the back but I thought that the joke might be a bit too offensive/inappropriate so I decided against it.....
Just remember, perverts aren't male only. ;)
Oh sure, I know.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well I wanted to make a sarcastic remark in regards to Brinstar and that Brain thing at the back but I thought that the joke might be a bit too offensive so I decided against it...

Oh sure, I know.
Ah, I see~

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't actually get it. D:

Also, this makes the 24th Stage for the 3DS version. I am worried about two things.

1: all retro stages will be from Brawl.

2: there WILL be a New DK, Sonic, Metroid, etc stage on the 3DS version, right? It feels sorta odd getting retros for them Before any sight of any new one. :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, I see~

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't actually get it. D:
Good, lets keep it that way.... :x

Also, this makes the 24th Stage for the 3DS version. I am worried about two things.

1: all retro stages will be from Brawl.

2: there WILL be a New DK, Sonic, Metroid, etc stage on the 3DS version, right? It feels sorta odd getting retros for them Before any sight of any new one. :/
1: Well we did see Green Hill Zone so I don't think all retro stages would be from one game (At least on the 3DS version)(I'm assuming you meant Melee as we've seen more stages from that game on the 3DS version)

2: I would hope so. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. I think even during the Brawl Dojo day's he probably also showed a retro stage or two before showing a brand new one for a series but don't quote me on that as I'm not sure myself..... :x

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of her female designer, these Zero Suit outfits got completed in time. From the ending of Metroid: Zero Mission, here's Samus in shorts!"

Edit: "Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions."
...I fell asleep early last night and completely missed this.

Hot damn. A little bit of fanservice on one side, a little bit of nostalgia on the other. I've seen these two outfits made several times as hacks in Brawl but to see them in the actual game and done so well because of her female designer? Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

Best update of the week. 11/10 Would bang thrice.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Ironically.........at least she looks like she's wearing clothes instead of having rubber skin. There's something about that jumpsuit's texture.

Skin is nice.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I can't say that was the alt costume I was expecting there. I'd rather see the new stages for each series before we get into the retro ones and see a few Melee retro stages that weren't in Brawl. Still, Sakurai packed a lot of content into today's update by giving us a costume and a stage.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Woah, this is a pretty cool alt costume.

I missed it though- did the same people who moaned about the heels come back to moan about this?

Just kidding don't hurt me
Though I never liked those people.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
What. The. Freaking. Heck. Sakurai.

Well, I can say I did not expect to see that when I went onto the Smash Bros website.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This was probably the most wanted ALT aside from Dry Bowser and Fierce Diety Link so it's nice to actually see it become a reality. I might be in the minority here but I can't stand that Brinstar is back. I'm a bit burned out on the acid/fire Metroid stages and I want to see more stuff in line with Frigate Orpheon.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Woah, this is a pretty cool alt costume.

I missed it though- did the same people who moaned about the heels come back to moan about this?

Just kidding don't hurt me
Though I never liked those people.
Some have their reversations, but there's been much less hate for this than the heels. :)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Look at the potd's

The first:thats sexy but.... Oh great those nutty 10 year olds are going to do those smash bros gone wild videos again now.

And as for the second: so brinstar from melee is the 3ds metroid stage....this helps ridley again ridley is not a stage hazard there.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This was probably the most wanted ALT aside from Dry Bowser and Fierce Diety Link so it's nice to actually see it become a reality. I might be in the minority here but I can't stand that Brinstar is back. I'm a bit burned out on the acid/fire Metroid stages and I want to see more stuff in line with Frigate Orpheon.
Wow, I was so busy looking at the picture (and laughing at comments that are saying "According to my pants, Solid Snake is confirmed!") that I didn't even notice the stage I hate is back.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
You mean a metroid stage with a large boss? :troll:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
At least this isn't like the heels, because she's never worn heels that were impractical in a game before.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I suppose this probably is the 'partial nudity' part of the rating we have heard about. I admit this PoTD did catch me a bit off guard as I saw it on my phone at like 3 AM when I woke up in the middle of the night as it was just not what I expected. It is a little odd to see so much skin and generally most of the other female characters in the series have generally not had these kind of models in the past. Though I can accept this as it is a reference to past games and I'm not particularly bothered by it. I could definitely understand why people could take this as being offensive in some way just like any other sexualization of a character and can't really blame anyone for reaching that conclusion.

I find the comment interesting because it seems to indicate a couple of possibilities to me.

1) Sakurai did want to acknowledge the female developer's work on the costume but was unable to name her due to the stage that the game is in.

2) That the term female developer was mentioned to try to soften possible backlash from the choice in costume. This option does not suggest that the dev wasn't female but rather on why the term of used.

3) I'm overthinking this and there was no apparent reason for the choice in words.

Either way it doesn't bother me that much, would it bother me more if they were going to do this with every female character which is heavily unlikely.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
At least this isn't like the heels, because she's never worn heels that were impractical in a game before.

That wasn't the problem with the heels. Actually, their inclusion in Other M was a bigger problem since Super Metroid concept art stated specifically "no heels".
And Sm4sh's heels aren't impractical, they are jet heels after all.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Gezuz crust, Namco is at it again a new alternate costume! Didnt think ZSS would get one like this. Makes me feel hopeful for other characters alt costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom