• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh God...is it Disconfirmation Week??
Hey, hey. Don't be sad. A disconfirmation is better than no information.
It might sting, but it's like ripping off a band-aid. It sucks, but people won't have to worry about whether or not they'll be in after it happens.

I'd gladly take a disconfirmation week over minor-information week.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It seems kind of trollish to me.

"I have waited many years to fight alongside my allies! They have rose to glory, and I lurking in the shadows!"
"mm-hmm, what do you have?"
"My blade boomerangs shall assist me, and my sword will give me the necessary edge for victory!"
"Yeah, that's nice, get in line with the other assists."

And then Takamaru has to sit next to Waluigi.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I wasn't a huge Takumaru supporter but I thought he would be cool. This is the most upset I have ever been over a deconfirm.

Henceforth I blame all people who asked for silly charcters who would never make it into smash including the Reggie supporters for all further major deconfirms henceforth. Thanks for wasting the development time. (Cheers)

Let's see how Lucas, Mewtwo, and Ridley come along! Mwahahaha!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hey, hey. Don't be sad. A disconfirmation is better than no information.
It might sting, but it's like ripping off a band-aid. It sucks, but people won't have to worry about whether or not they'll be in after it happens.

I'd gladly take a disconfirmation week over minor-information week.
Bandana Dee is my last hope.....Just give me Bandana Dee and I'll be happy...I know my second most wanted character (Robin) has already made it in...but please.......Let the Dee in.....

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Better an assist than nothing at all

who knows he might get the Mac treatment
That's the good part at least. People will know his name now, and Mac shows us that anything is possible!

First West, then East? I sure hope so.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Logic dictates he had greater chances than the Ice Climbers did given the fact that both star in exactly one game.

Intuition dictated otherwise. Deep down, I kinda knew he wasn't going to make it.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I won't mind a disconfirmation week. I mean, it'll soften the blow now than in 6 weeks when we get the roster.

unless i find out there's no xenoblade content in the game in which case i'll flip my lid

D

Deleted member

Wow, I feel bad for the Takamaru supporters. My condolences. Well, what does this mean for Paper Mario, Ridley, Bandana Dee, and K. Rool?

Oh yeah, I never knew Takamaru debuted in 1987 or so, since that's pretty much an obscure game.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Huh... so that's what this Takamaru I kept hearing about looks like. I kept envisioning that guy from Namco x Capcom.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
HAHAAAAAA I never cared about this character. But it is cool he got to be an assist. Another character to make everyone shut the **** up about.
*Looks at sig*

So how did that Skull Kid deconfirmation leave you feeling?

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Does this mean we'll see this as a trophy then?

I thought Captain Rainbow would be a game Nintendo would prefer to gloss over on all accounts...I guess Sakurai thinks otherwise, as made apparent by the presence of the trophy of the Captain Rainbow version of Little Mac.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Well since Takamarus out is there anouther new retro rep to look forward to? Not trying to derail I just can't think of anyone else to root for.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm actually in a good position now to get ready for those.

I want Paper Mario getting proper rep SO MUCH that I would be HYPE AS HEK to even get an assist (even a music would do the same effect).

It's the only very big worry I have, not getting anything other than trophies. I would have almost no big complain until release if it's getting enough rep (which isn't much as minimum). Even being so questionable to deconfirm Ridley would not change this (I'll still find that very questionable, but not make a fuss about it).

Those things give me hope, but at the same time, increase the buffer of possible disapointement if my hope are crushed (because I see less reasons of not happening at the same time).

It's a double edge sword.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Apparently Takamaru has taken over Sakurai's Miiverse account. What an odd day.
Imagine if he updated the rest of the week?
"Have you guys seen this purple lizard monster? It's rather fearsome! Mr. Sakurai told me to inform you that it is a very powerful opponent and to say 'FYI he's a stage hazard'. How exciting!"

Anyway. So Takumaru gets some attention cause his game is coming over! That's good, but... Mother's 25th anniversary. All I can imagine them doing now is revealing Ness or Lucas randomly OR the much more exciting idea:
We get a Nintendo Direct and somewhere in it they get Reggie to apologize for being a meanie on the topic and announce that Mother 3 will get a translated release on the eshop. Then while everyone is hyped and distracted they end with our final newcomer video. Featuring... Lucas, Ness, and Wario doing what they did in Subspace Emissary and then all of a sudden Shulk appears and saves the day? Shulk can travel through time, right? Sorry if that ain't accurate, haha~

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee is my last hope.....Just give me Bandana Dee and I'll be happy...I know my second most wanted character (Robin) has already made it in...but please.......Let the Dee in.....
Oh come on now, don't act scared. You have to ask yourself this

"What would Bandana Dee do?"

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Tuesday: K Rool boss
Wendsday: Chorus Men AT
Thursday: Ice Climbers AT
Friday: Ridley Reveal

calling it.
Man, that's a great prediction. You're a cleve- WAIT, ICECLIMBERS AT?!?!

My feels are going to the next demension if that happens. Why u do dis Jabba. :crying:

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh come on now, don't act scared. You have to ask yourself this

"What would Bandana Dee do?"
Not to be off-topic, but he uses a spear as a ranged weapon, can throw several spears at once, use it to fly and could possibly use other weapons or techniques, like the Megaton Punch.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Man, Sakurai is dishing out the big disconfirmations now that we're nearing release. Stay strong Isaac, Mewtwo, Ridley, Bandana Dee and K. Rool.

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
Oh please spare poor Mach Rider...you've been supporting him since Melee, Sakurai. Don't crush my dreams...

If I see him in a pic one morning completely out of the blue I'll probably have a heart attack.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Our "most likely retro candidate" has been deconfirmed. Hm.

I'm happy to see him make it into the game in some form, though! It's about time he made it into Smash Bros. He wasn't even a regular trophy before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom