• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

As we approach the release of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, it seems that disconfirmations are going to happen now that we're closer to release.
I know a lot of users do their best to support the characters they want to see in, but unfortunately, things like this will happen. There's nothing we can do, and at the very least, the characters that the users wanted in SSB4 are still in the games, whether it be a Trophy (Assist), stage hazard or an enemy in Smash Run.
Once again, I am really sorry for those who supported Takamaru. Hey, at least he's in the game. The PotD is alright.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Current List of Most Talked About Characters:

1. Ridley

2. King K. Rool

3. Shulk

4. Bandana Dee

5. Isaac

6. Krystal

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Has anyone took into consideration that bringing old characters back into Smash Bros does not necessarily mean making them playable?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
There really are an awful lot of assist trophies. I'm pretty curious at this point how they're going to affect All Star Mode.
What's interesting is in the April direct, several shots had the camera focused on one character and an assist trophy. Then during E3 and Best Buy events people reported all assists could be attacked similar to how Starfy could be attacked in Brawl. Soooo... Maybe you'll havta fight em in All-Star Mode! Oh my gosh, All-Star mode is ganna take forever now...
Has anyone took into consideration the retro newcomer was lil mac?
Meee. I did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to be off-topic, but he uses a spear as a ranged weapon, can throw several spears at once, use it to fly and could possibly use other weapons or techniques, like the Megaton Punch.
I don't mean what his attacks are, I mean how would he go on? He's brave :p

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
Ouch, just as soon as I was getting familiar with Takamaru and wrapping my head around him being a potential newcomer... Ah well, I'm still looking forward to playing Marasume Castle when it's released in August, and if Nintendo is planning on doing something with the series... Well, he very well could be our next Little Mac. Keep hope alive, Takamaru supporters, one day...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Someone needs to make a fanart of Ridley, Bandana Dee, K. Rool, and Isaac hiding in a corner with Sakurai carrying the heads of Chrom and Takamaru. While, of course, Shulk and Chorus Men are happy because of that gatdam Gematsu leak.

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Someone needs to make a fanart of Ridley, Bandana Dee, K. Rool, and Isaac hiding in a corner with Sakurai carrying the heads of Chrom and Takamaru. While, of course, Shulk and Chorus Men are happy because of that gatdam Gematsu leak.
Close enough?

Did it quick.

i call it "Kill k Rool"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out about Mysterious Castle Murasame coming to US

"Nintendo of America has confirmed on last night’s Twitch stream that Mysterious Murasame Castle will be coming to North America for the first time on August 7th. There’s rumours that one of the protagonists Takamaru could be announced as a possible retro character for Super Smash Bros, but that’s just a rumour at present."

Check out the news article I found it out from though

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Wow. While I know it's an assholeish thing to celebrate someone's deconfirmation, I'm really glad Takamaur isn't playable. That bandwagon was mad annoying and I was about to post on the Unpopular Opinions board that Muiramasu's Castle coming to Virtual Console meant nothing.
I bet if any other character from Takamru's Moving Castle was confirmed, everyone would be pissed saying "who the hell is this guy?!?!" and have no idea about any of the other character's from the game since I bet the majority of supporters haven't even played the game. Same went with the Chrom bandwagon where 90% of Chrom supporters had no idea who Robin was.

Yeah I misspelled things but I'm not too bothered to fix them.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
im..losing hope that any other character besides Shulk and Chorus Men will be revealed.....

Bandana Dee.....dead....

K. Rool.....dead.

Ridley....maybe if we are lucky.....

that's it......my hope is gone.

Robin got in....I least I got a happy moment in.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This is one of my favorite pics. Only because the tears produced are so delicious.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
im..losing hope that any other character besides Shulk and Chorus Men will be revealed.....

Bandana Dee.....dead....

K. Rool.....dead.

k rool and ridley are still in this

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team

Bandana Dee.....dead....

K. Rool.....dead.

Seriously dude, you shouldn't be so invested in particular characters you speculated about appearing in this game. Instead look at the broader picture of awesome Nintendo characters already in this. I mean, even just going back to basics, a fighting game with Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Fox, Kirby, and Pikachu is pretty awesome for a big Nintendo fan! We are in the upper 30s of confirmed characters so far from all corners of the Nintendo universe, and it seems likely we have another 10ish coming yet. Perosnally, I think most of them are pretty cool just in themselves, and even for the handful I really don't care about "as characters" at all, they tend to have awesome gameplay stuff to make up for it. Like... I couldn't care less about Palutena as a character, but she has a move in which she summons a giant laser pillar. Miis are lame sure, but Mii Gunner has a gun arm and fires it like a gatling gun (definitely going to have to make a Barret Mii!). I mostly play these games from a more competitive standpoint looking at how much I love the gameplay dynamics, but even from the shoes of just being a Nintendo fan, I don't see how I could be disappointed in this roster.

Malcolm Belmont

Smash Ace
NNID
King Joffery
The Tears produced from this are many and they taste nice...To be honest i had a feeling Takamaru would not be a playable fighter

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If we could keep things sane and coherent that would be great. Saying one comment about being upset/happy at the deconfirmation is one thing, doing it three, four, five+ times is a bit excessive (with depreciating sense). Look at the plus side, a pretty formal recognition of the character in a way that could very well lead to his inclusion in the next game.

So... just calm down. The thread has rescinded well below the usual standards for what are spammy posts. To this extent I'd say that this thread shouldn't be talking about the validity of other speculated inclusions (especially at this sub 8 words or less stuff for several pages), there are several threads (perhaps those characters you feel are somehow affected) that you could discuss your views at.

Thank you!

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ha ha ha. Just another ridden obstacle in the speculation hurdles. You will get your moment, wishlist.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Just woke up, checked the potd, actually physically cringed. Ouch. That's gotta hurt.
This happened so suddenly, too.
Although...
This means he's at least in the game at all, where there wasn't any solid hints towards his inclusion before at all. And he has a great new 3d model!
If he gets a game between installments chances are he might pull a Little Mac.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
I got this wonderful gif that I feel will apply many times in the remaining period we have before release. Enjoy, and stay sane.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I got this wonderful gif that I feel will apply many times in the remaining period we have before release. Enjoy, and stay sane.

Ya know, I never took the time to notice, but all health problems aside, he looks pretty young and healthy for a 43 year old.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Seriously dude, you shouldn't be so invested in particular characters you speculated about appearing in this game. Instead look at the broader picture of awesome Nintendo characters already in this. I mean, even just going back to basics, a fighting game with Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Fox, Kirby, and Pikachu is pretty awesome for a big Nintendo fan! We are in the upper 30s of confirmed characters so far from all corners of the Nintendo universe, and it seems likely we have another 10ish coming yet. Perosnally, I think most of them are pretty cool just in themselves, and even for the handful I really don't care about "as characters" at all, they tend to have awesome gameplay stuff to make up for it. Like... I couldn't care less about Palutena as a character, but she has a move in which she summons a giant laser pillar. Miis are lame sure, but Mii Gunner has a gun arm and fires it like a gatling gun (definitely going to have to make a Barret Mii!). I mostly play these games from a more competitive standpoint looking at how much I love the gameplay dynamics, but even from the shoes of just being a Nintendo fan, I don't see how I could be disappointed in this roster.
How about if they're characters like K. Rool or Ridley, who are fan favorites and have long deserved to be playable, and who have been supported in many cases, for 10-15 years by some of the people here, myself included?

How can you be such a self righteous prick and say "wow well Samus and DK are here you guys should be happy", when some of these characters that haven't been confirmed yet defined childhoods for people. Just because you don't give a rat's blast about these characters doesn't entitle you to say no one should. Yeah I think the roster we have so far is great, but you can bet your ass that I'll be disappointed (not entirely, but still somewhat disappointed) in the roster if Ridley and K. Rool, my personal wishes, don't make the cut.

How ****ing dare you tell people "as a Nintendo fan, I don't see how I could be disappointed in this roster". Look around you at everyone on this forum. It's basically 100% diehard Nintendo fans, and clearly a lot of them aren't happy. You say movesets are the most important part, but clearly that's absolutely not the case, and you've got a lot of nerve talking about it as if it was. You know what people called both of those updates you talked about? Filler. Boring. Waste of a pic. Wanna know why? Because no one gives a rat's blast about either of them now that they're already confirmed and safe. For me, K. Rool and Ridley are my most supported characters, and at this point I would 100% accept them as clones because for me the moveset being good is a very important, but ultimately less important part than their inclusion itself. If Ridley got in as a 1 to 1 clone of Charizard, I'd be ecstatic because hot damn Ridley's playable. I want to see my favorite character cemented as a Nintendo All-Star, not see Pikachu and Kirby punch each other for the millionth time. And I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people here would agree with me.

So get the hell out of here with your holier-than-thou "don't get invested in characters" bull. You don't care about the roster? Fine, no skin off my back. But leave the people who DO care about it the hell alone and especially don't tell them they shouldn't care, you inconsiderate brat.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The next smash bros game better pull newcomers from all these awesome assist trophies we have.

Starfy, Takamaru, Ashley, Phosphora, Magnus, Lyn, Saki, and Goroh. That would be awesome.

I didn't say Isaac because he's already in Smash 4 as a playable character :p

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
'-' Can't say I really care about this deconfirmation. I've seen the name Takamaru numerous times (especially here on Smashboards) but I never bothered to do research on him.

To my knowledge Takamaru is from 1 game that was only released in Japan and is incredibly old. I recall seeing someone mention that he was somehow in Nintendo Land or something in that game was related to his? Something like that, but with the same amount of games as the Ice Climbers and less popularity I'm not surprised this Takamaru character didn't make it in.

That's not to say that it's impossible or that it's a good thing he didn't make it in, I'm just not surprised. As many have said before me, he could get the Little Mac treatment and with his game being released in NA in August (?) his popularity could easily grow to the point that he could be given the same treatment Ridley is currently going through (though that could be a bad thing...)

Now if Krystal gets deconfirmed...feel free to drink my tears as there will be many ;-;.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AA's post was more than reasonable and nothing even remotely as derogatory as you made it out to be. He essentially gave a wordy message with the notion of "calm down, we're still going to get a great game!"; you should not be getting distressed or depressed by this...

Seriously, that response was completely uncalled for...

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I have a strong feeling that Isaac will be the next significant disconfirmation via a PotD.

If not Isaac, then Ghirahim.

Ridley and K. Rool would be more likely to be disconfirmed in a Direct, since they'd likely be bosses if they're not playable, and Sakurai would want to showcase them on a bigger stage than a PotD.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Well this is definitely an interesting turn of events. I still have high hopes for Krystal being playable. I wonder if we will get a veteran reveal on Friday, as it is the 1st of the month. Now would be a good time to do it.

These POTD are so full of troll haha.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I have a strong feeling that Isaac will be the next significant disconfirmation via a PotD.

If not Isaac, then Ghirahim.

Ridley and K. Rool would be more likely to be disconfirmed in a Direct, since they'd likely be bosses if they're not playable, and Sakurai would want to showcase them on a bigger stage than a PotD.
I hope it's not Isaac :'(

But... ever since Robin... I feel he will be dissssed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom