• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Still dreaming with that.

Can someone tell me if that is any issue with Rareware about K. Rool?
King K. Rool was in the Mario baseball game for Wii, so I'm pretty sure theres no problems.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm somehow having a feelin' that Chrom's gonna get the short end of the stick.

Hmm.

But I'm glad Diddy's back and about time too. And still solo.

Wonder what it means to Dix however.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Good to see Diddy back and not with Dixie. Still hoping for her to get her own slot, though.

Also, I think this picture needs a little more attention:

It REALLY looks like Samus is using her Speed Booster from the Metroid games.
And, we can be sure it's not her B-air because it has already been shown (not that it looks very similar in the first place):

So is this a new aerial/jump mechanic for Samus or maybe a new Special?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dixie still has a really good chance. For one, the DK franchise, for such a big nintendo franchise has only 2 reps and could use more, Dixie is in the new DK game, shes recognizable and has a fanbase, shes a girl which sakurai has expressed smash needs more of, and most of all, with K Rool tied of in piles of copyright crap, shes also the easiest character from the franchise to get. Add in her unique characteristic of using her hair to fly/fight, theres no real reason not to add her outside of time constraints.

@Above: thats Samus' back air lol

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Good to see Diddy back and not with Dixie. Still hoping for her to get her own slot, though.

Also, I think this picture needs a little more attention:

It REALLY looks like Samus is using her Speed Booster from the Metroid games.
And, we can be sure it's not her B-air because it has already been shown (not that it looks very similar in the first place):

So is this a new aerial/jump mechanic for Samus or maybe a new Special?
I think part of the confusion from Samus' animation here may be that she's B-air-ing in the opposite direction from Diddy and Lucario. It might've been hard to get that shot if she was also using her B-air to the left like Diddy and Lucario are, because then she'd be likely to hit Lucario out of his animation. At least between the Wii U and 3DS screens, it looks like the effect is basically the same but has additional coloring effects on the Wii U version.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The coloring changes based on the team/player slot youre in, and also isnt finished sonce the game is in development, hence the different effect colors.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Diddy! Very happy with his return. Dem arms though. Saw the picture before Sakurai's second comment and was a bit puzzled. Nice to see he is more flexible now, not that he needed it but I'm not complaining.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
I think part of the confusion from Samus' animation here may be that she's B-air-ing in the opposite direction from Diddy and Lucario. It might've been hard to get that shot if she was also using her B-air to the left like Diddy and Lucario are, because then she'd be likely to hit Lucario out of his animation. At least between the Wii U and 3DS screens, it looks like the effect is basically the same but has additional coloring effects on the Wii U version.
That's a good point. I guess I was envisioning it the wrong way. Looks like the animation will have changed a lot from Brawl!

Still, the image does looks a lot like Samus using the Speed Booster - Sakurai getting me excited. :'(

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah, that's Samus' Back Air. ^^ You can see that by the effect, and how the effect is 'lying'. Plus the same animation.
And on a random note, I want Samus to somehow be able to use her Ice Beam and Speed Boost. D:

Anyways, I will put in my Sig what I predict for next week, just for fun. In no particular order.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
It sure looks like Diddy has his exact same moveset as Brawl, Bananas included; today is certainly a good day.

I'm doubting Glide Tossing will make a return, though if it does I'll buy a Wii U yesterday.

LazerRage

Smash Cadet
Yay! I figured Diddy would be back solo. The Dixie tag-team was just uncalled for, since that's not something that is a defining feature of either character-- its just forced IMO.

Totally dig the idea of giving his arms a comical stretch effect, very cute. I welcome the buff-- I never saw Diddy as very powerful brawler, so giving him some range might redeem him.

My two desired changes, if any: 1. I would like to see his side-special changed. That one never seemed to do much for me. Even if you land and latch onto the opponent, I wasn't ever able to get much damage in before they break free. And 2. It would be great if the banana peel animation wasn't as slow and floaty as in Brawl. I'd definitely see him as having more strategic potential if the banana made less of a slow arc, and more of a quick plop.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Well, solo Diddy has been revealed. That's one item to cross off the ol' pointless debate list. Now let's see how many more items we got on here...

Solo Diddy vs Diddy + Dixie tag team
Ike vs Chrom
Ridley stage hazard vs Ridley playable
K. Rool vs Dixie
Leaky 3 Real vs Leaky 3 Fake
Palutena leak real vs Palutena leak fake
Cuts vs no cuts
Phantom vs Sheik

*sigh*
Ike Vs. Chrom and Ridley stage hazard are hardly 'pointless'.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Ike Vs. Chrom and Ridley stage hazard are hardly 'pointless'.
Actually, all of them are pointless because no matter how long we discuss them, we won't get an answer to them until Sakurai reveals the truth, so there's no point in discussing it in the first place.

Of course this is a forum too, so the whole point is to have pointless discussions. In any case, don't worry, be happy. :p

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm glad he's back as a solo fighter, though I'm not opposed to Dixie getting in I guess. I just would prefer they stay separate.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Actually, all of them are pointless because no matter how long we discuss them, we won't get an answer to them until Sakurai reveals the truth, so there's no point in discussing it in the first place.

Of course this is a forum too, so the whole point is to have pointless discussions. In any case, don't worry, be happy. :p
Hehe you're the #1337 th post in the thread.

I wonder if we're going to have another character reveal next week. They sure are speeding up.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hehe you're the #1337 th post in the thread.

I wonder if we're going to have another character reveal next week. They sure are speeding up.
Well Diddy's reveal still falls into the patterns we've seen more or less. Then again we got Lucario for no stated reason, so... Fingers crossed? I think next week would still be early, but when does the Yoshi game come out in not-Japan?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I like how it doesn't look like her bair, and he prototype showed us the face it's NOT her bair. And then you say it might be her bair.. wtf? lol

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I dunno man, I don't think Diddy needed the range buff. That tilt in particular was already useful, now it's just gonna be nuts. But hey I'll take it, he's one of my brawl mains, just because he's so much fun to play

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I wonder if Smash will release on the same day Brawl released, since Sakurai-san doesn't normally release characters on dates other than Diddy and Olimar (and a few others)

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is off topic, but I wonder if Smash will release on the same day Brawl released, since Sakurai-san doesn't normally release characters on dates other than Diddy and Olimar (and a few others)
Not sure what you mean by the last part, but I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't release on any of the Brawl dates. It released in January in Japan, which is already too late. They better hurry the **** up if they gotta hit the NA date which was in March, so that isn't happening. Europe got by the end of June, which I'm sure we'd have heard of now if it's supposed to release then. Only other option to release it on Brawl's day is if it gets delayed to 2015, which would be absurd.

Sakurai, and most importantly Nintendo, probably doesn't care about delaying or rushing the game out just to hit an anniversary date.

Well Diddy's reveal still falls into the patterns we've seen more or less. Then again we got Lucario for no stated reason, so... Fingers crossed? I think next week would still be early, but when does the Yoshi game come out in not-Japan?
Lucario was stated to be shown due to Brawl's Japanese anniversary. Yoshi's New Island is scheduled to release on March 11th, 12th and 13th everywhere but in Japan where it's due in Summer.

Last edited:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Not sure what you mean by the last part, but I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't release on any of the Brawl dates. It released in January in Japan, which is already too late. They better hurry the **** up if they gotta hit the NA date which was in March, so that isn't happening. Europe got by the end of June, which I'm sure we'd have heard of now if it's supposed to release then. Only other option to release it on Brawl's day is if it gets delayed to 2015, which would be absurd.

Sakurai, and most importantly Nintendo, probably doesn't care about delaying or rushing the game out just to hit an anniversary date.
I figured much.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
And he's by himself! Dixie is either not in or she's a solo character. Unless he's found a way to one up us on them being a tag team.
Zelda and Sheik are revealed at different times, so it could be this way...

D

Deleted member

Zelda and Sheik are one character that switches forms.

Diddy and Dixie would have been two characters that fight alongside each other. Saying they could be revealed separately is like saying Popo and Nana could be revealed separately or Rosalina and Luma separately, etc.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Diddy and Dixie would have been two characters that fight alongside each other. Saying they could be revealed separately is like saying Popo and Nana could be revealed separately or Rosalina and Luma separately, etc.
Well clearly Sakurai KO'd Dixie before taking each picture.
He also KO'd Ridley before taking that one PotD with the Beagle.
And KO'd Alfonzo before every single picture, because he hasn't revealed the Gamepad's 5th player capabilities, or how when no one uses it, Alfonzo takes over the 5th player slot.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, next week could be interesting or incredibly boring. Up to this point, we've gotten all the basic things that a typical month has brought since December.

-Two characters (Diddy and Little Mac)
-New Item (Fairy)
-Redesigned old item (Homerun bat)
-New Assist trophy (Mother Brain)
-New Stage (3DS Punch Out ring)

Monday's pic will probably be a throwaway Diddy pic but then it could be just about anything (or nothing) for the rest of the week.

Add in: As far as possible and relevant anniversaries for reveals go, Pokemon Red and Blue's are on the 27th but, as shown numerous times before, reveals on anniversaries are typically a stretch.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Hey guys, coming at you from Cozumel, Mexico.

I think it's safe to say I'm the only one who was in a mexican internet cafe with bugs climbing around who yelled out "Diddy!" when I saw his reveal. Real happy to see him. And he looks great! He's really animated.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and ignore some vendors trying to sell me braclets with my name on them.

peachy!

super princess

That’s exactly what I think. If Diddy and Dixie were a team, they’d be like the Ice Climbers, not like Zelda & Sheik. It makes sense for Zelda and Sheik to occupy the same character slot because they are the same person, but if Dixie is in, and she has her own moveset, she’ll just be her independent slot. It doesn’t make sense for Diddy and Dixie to work like Pokémon Trainer did.

Shroob

Sup?
So, next week could be interesting or incredibly boring. Up to this point, we've gotten all the basic things that a typical month has brought since December.

-Two characters (Diddy and Little Mac)
-New Item (Fairy)
-Redesigned old item (Homerun bat)
-New Assist trophy (Mother Brain)
-New Stage (3DS Punch Out ring)

Monday's pic will probably be a throwaway Diddy pic but then it could be just about anything (or nothing) for the rest of the week.

Add in: As far as possible and relevant anniversaries for reveals go, Pokemon Red and Blue's are on the 27th but, as shown numerous times before, reveals on anniversaries are typically a stretch.
I'd love a collection of Pokeball Pokemon, but I can't see us getting anyone else until the potential Yoshi reveal tbh.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I believe the current speed of character reveal is around 2 character a month, so are there other characters we could expect besides Yoshi?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would assume a random character as there are no other apparant game releasing that I can remember off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom