• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
K Rool has appeared in games since Rare was purchased by Microsoft, considering Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's original characters that everything associated was kept in Nintendo's ownership.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sakurai did something predictable, only when people expected him to be predictable. Well Played Sakurai

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I have to say, Diddy Kong looks SO much better in Smash 4's artstyle. He looked really weird in Brawl's.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have to say, Diddy Kong looks SO much better in Smash 4's artstyle. He looked really weird in Brawl's.
That honestly goes for nearly every character on the roster. Nintendo is a colorful company, so it is a bit odd they decided on a nitty gritty artstyle for Brawl in the first place.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That honestly goes for nearly every character on the roster. Nintendo is a colorful company, so it is a bit odd they decided on a nitty gritty artstyle for Brawl in the first place.
Well yeah, the nitty gritty style was the "cool" thing back then after all. It probably still is but eh.... People have grown a little more open minded these days in terms of art styles in games so they decided to go for a more colourful look this time around I think....

Looks at Wind Waker and Twilight Princess reactions.....

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
alright, who put you up to this?

if you are going to be here please don't de-rail the topic further than it already is.
We are discussing Pictures on the Official Website. Completely on topic.
I think the model looks better than Brawl's. Both have some derp-ups.
Brawl's model wasn't a derp-up. It could have been better, but mostly by adding (canon) facial expressions.
Not by shrinking his pupils and turning his beak into collagen.

Edit: If anything, I would say make the beak more solid.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
We are discussing Pictures on the Official Website. Completely on topic.

Brawl's model wasn't a derp-up. It could have been better, but mostly by adding (canon) facial expressions.
Not by shrinking his pupils and turning his beak into collagen.

Edit: If anything, I would say make the beak more solid.

Looks kind of derpy to me. I think overall it was an improvement. Just an opinion.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Implying the topic was already somewhat derailed. The only other conversation going atm was ours, so...
this thread is always half off-topic. looking at dedede's pics is better than arguing about microsoft.

also, this is getting off topic, back to dedede, I guess.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

Looks kind of derpy to me. I think overall it was an improvement. Just an opinion.
The eyes are my real problem.

He has always been derpy, but there is a silly and endearing derpy, and there is also a stupid and unredeemingly-ugly derpy.
only 5 year olds play nintendo
Then they target the same people as Sm4sh's Dedede.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The eyes are my real problem.

He has always been derpy, but there is a silly and endearing derpy, and there is also a stupid and unredeemingly-ugly derpy.
Yeah, I'm not the biggest Dedede fan so I didn't really notice, but his eyes are more similar to that of Brawl. I'm mainly talking about his coat and hammer. In my opinion they look much better.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
yea stop livin in the 1980s get a console from this genration
No, I think I'm going to keep my NES, thank you very much.
Yeah, I'm not the biggest Dedede fan so I didn't really notice, but his eyes are more similar to that of Brawl. I'm mainly talking about his coat and hammer. In my opinion they look much better.
His coat, well, take a close look at the trim.
The rest of it, and the hammer, and his hat and everything else are awesome, but not his face.
Just try taking a close look at each D3 side-by-side. Surely the eye thing isn't so subtle.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If that guy continues, just report him. He's already been warned before on the Social Topic just a few minutes ago. Just trying to stir up trouble and get off-topic.
EDIT: And JUST as I say that... :facepalm: thank you, unknown moderator.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Don't feed the trolls guys. Report him and let mods deal with him. Just ignore him.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So... to return to topical business...
I think next week will likely contain a stage or AT in the pictures. It's been some time since a new Stage (If you consider the boxing ring to not be a "new" stage) The last AT was Mother Brain. Thoughts?
In addition, we'll likely have Monday and Tuesday contain Diddy-related pictures. Likely to discuss any changes in action, then for him to pop into obscurity.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I think next week will likely contain a stage or AT in the pictures. It's been some time since a new Stage (If you consider the boxing ring to not be a "new" stage) The last AT was Mother Brain. Thoughts?
In addition, we'll likely have Monday and Tuesday contain Diddy-related pictures. Likely to discuss any changes in action, then for him to pop into obscurity.
I doubt Diddy will take up the ext two. Sakurai seems to have noted that the community doesn't like filler-pics of the most recent confirmation, and hasn't made them very much recently.

Waiting for MK...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think we'll soon be given a DK stage. If it's gangplank, looks like King K. might be the DK newcomer, if its a returns stage...then we'll have to wait and see who the newcomer is. as for an AT It'll probably be another random one, not something related to DK.

I just wanna see how many bananas he can pull out, so hopefully sakurai gives a pic with that bit of info.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I doubt Diddy will take up the ext two. Sakurai seems to have noted that the community doesn't like filler-pics of the most recent confirmation, and hasn't made them very much recently.
..Am I the only one who does? I certainly like to see more shots of the new characters.
I think we'll soon be given a DK stage. If it's gangplank, looks like King K. might be the DK newcomer, if its a returns stage...then we'll have to wait and see who the newcomer is. as for an AT It'll probably be another random one, not something related to DK.

I just wanna see how many bananas he can pull out, so hopefully sakurai gives a pic with that bit of info.
Stage: This is practically correct. The stage is complete foreshadowing and Sakurai knows it.
I think everyone wants to see how many bananas he'll pull out to see how far up the tier he'll move. Kind of like how everyone wants to see Dedede's side special.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
..Am I the only one who does? I certainly like to see more shots of the new characters.

Stage: This is practically correct. The stage is complete foreshadowing and Sakurai knows it.
I think everyone wants to see how many bananas he'll pull out to see how far up the tier he'll move. Kind of like how everyone wants to see Dedede's side special.
If BDee gets revealed, then they'll probably show D3's side-special the day before or something to that effect.
If not, then I have no idea why they haven't. Maybe they realized how bad they looked in Brawl, and have been finishing them on the side when they aren't getting vets and newcomers camera-ready.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Brawl is feeling more like an outdated game as more and more stuff about SSB4 comes along.
Really? Outdated when the next version comes out? You don't say?
It felt outdated immediately for me in many ways. Several of the menus and other screens look really crudely put together to me. Melee had a much better sense of style imo.

Which reminds me, I want Melee's scoring system back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom