• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If people are not hyped for a trailer from a character the already know,they wouldn't be asking so much.
Sakurai is a truly genius,he can make up people minds very easily with these menus :troll:
In my case I just want Jigglypuff on the site, I don't really care about the Dog and his trailer.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Tease for the Direct! Probably a hint at the (hopefully) obvious Duck Hunt Dog and Duck :D

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Camp Hunt.

BTW, has anyone ever seen DHD in training while running at 1/4th the speed? The reactions and animation of holding down his Smash moves are comical and really good. 3ds has only a fraction of the smooth animations from the Wii U, so I can imagine that DHD in HD (DHDHD) will be soooooooooooooo goooooooooood.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoWoSm_DQ
Pic of the day. Jackpot Opportunity is one of the Events in single-player mode where you aim to collect 1,000 Gold to pay off your loan. This scenario uses Coin Battle rules.

It's Past Your Bedtime sets up another predetermined situation for a single-player Event. In this one, Jigglypuff needs to put every fighter to sleep at the same time. There are quite a few scenarios like this that aren't simply brawls.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ahaha, Villager literally axing into his opponent going "Sorry...I've a debt to pay..." it's great! Also neat to see past Villager in the crowd startled by his psychopathic future self.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey! It's a :4jigglypuff: picture.

Does that mean she'll be on the site soon?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yay event info!
:079: I just realized that the Koopa Clown Car "falls asleep" too, nice detail

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is an excellent update! I love events! Villager paying off debts, Jigglypuff putting the the 'children' characters to sleep in the room where a Mother comes to check up on you...

Sakurai and his team are so creative with these! Already have high hopes that this will be way better than Brawls!

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
These event matches seem to be pretty ingenuitive in this game. I am liking them a bunch so far. Really though, when is Jigglypuff going to be put on the site? Saving her just so Duck Hunt doesn't go up alone is pretty odd. I guess it probably will be today at some point with the Nintendo Direct and all. I feel like there is no way DHD's trailer doesn't show up unless it is hiding some super secret DLC that isn't ready yet. Even then they can just do something like they did for Mewtwo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Guess they don't care of Jigglypuff enough to formally announce it. That's fine, I certainly don't care about it either...

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Haha well then. If this doesn't make the site update after the direct idk what will.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Does anyone else notice that the Villager that's flying is outlined in yellow?

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Yellow is a new team color in the Wii U version due to 8 Player Smash.
I only heard the announcer calls on the 3DS version. I figuread as much, but I don't think they have formally announced it. Then again, they haven't announced Jiggs and shown her many times.

EDIT: Found it on the website, my b.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYoWoSm_DQ
Pic of the day. Jackpot Opportunity is one of the Events in single-player mode where you aim to collect 1,000 Gold to pay off your loan. This scenario uses Coin Battle rules.

It's Past Your Bedtime sets up another predetermined situation for a single-player Event. In this one, Jigglypuff needs to put every fighter to sleep at the same time. There are quite a few scenarios like this that aren't simply brawls.
Are you trying to tell me something Sakurai.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I only heard the announcer calls on the 3DS version. I figuread as much, but I don't think they have formally announced it. Then again, they haven't announced Jiggs and shown her many times.

EDIT: Found it on the website, my b.
Ah. Well, it's not mentioned in some places. At least the "Yellow" color was well known in the past since the first game color-coded the 1P/2P/3P/4P under different colors of Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. I forget which was which, though. Regardless, I doubt we'll have more than 4 teams available now, but I don't think we've seen any testing for that yet.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Alright, very adorable trailer! Now we have nothing we know about to wait for which is kinda sad but also kinda cool, anything else might be a surprise! I don't really expect a trailer for Mewtwo, but uhh... I dunno. Next direct or whatever instead of us all knowing there's a certain trailer upcoming maybe we can be surprised and be like "Oh wow! Young Link, Pichu, and Roy are coming just in time for Majora's Mask 3DS, and if ya didnt get Mewtwo, he's in this Melee pack thing so its neat...I dunno" ...I dunno.
ITS GOOD OKAY
For tonights pic... 8 Duck Hunts on the Duck Hunt stage

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Alright, very adorable trailer! Now we have nothing we know about to wait for which is kinda sad but also kinda cool, anything else might be a surprise! I don't really expect a trailer for Mewtwo, but uhh... I dunno. Next direct or whatever instead of us all knowing there's a certain trailer upcoming maybe we can be surprised and be like "Oh wow! Young Link, Pichu, and Roy are coming just in time for Majora's Mask 3DS, and if ya didnt get Mewtwo, he's in this Melee pack thing so its neat...I dunno" ...I dunno.
ITS GOOD OKAY
For tonights pic... 8 Duck Hunts on the Duck Hunt stage
I think we will not see mewtwo gameplay till feburary or march 2015

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I think we will not see mewtwo gameplay till feburary or march 2015
Yeah, probably. Hopefully an early March or late February release... I like Mewtwo a bunch, his playstyles real fun. Hope they don't change his moveset too much. Guess we probably won't see him in a pic of the day if Sakurai wants to stop posting by the end of this year, though he must be on the site eventually...
I dunno, at this point Im just waiting for the game to be out to discover new stages, trophies, and stuff, aaand...Mewtwo

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah, probably. Hopefully an early March or late February release... I like Mewtwo a bunch, his playstyles real fun. Hope they don't change his moveset too much. Guess we probably won't see him in a pic of the day if Sakurai wants to stop posting by the end of this year, though he must be on the site eventually...
I dunno, at this point Im just waiting for the game to be out to discover new stages, trophies, and stuff, aaand...Mewtwo
Sadly we will not get a mewtwo potd

But maybe a improvise with a character page for dlc characters

And i think some of his moves will be changed clearly

And 100% hes probaly going to get buffed the most out of all veterans coming back

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Sadly we will not get a mewtwo potd

But maybe a improvise with a character page for dlc characters

And i think some of his moves will be changed clearly

And 100% hes probaly going to get buffed the most out of all veterans coming back
I could see him as our final pic though, with a caption like "Guess this is goodbye! ...for now..."
A DLC character page would be nice with costs or special deals. Ehh, sure he'll get some changes, but I hope his core moveset is the same. A lot of people say his side-b and down-b should be totally redone, but I think they're pretty fun. His down-b, confusion, is really hype, and his side-b reflects projectiles and if you hit an opponent with it can be followed up by an up-smash. So I don't really want either move to change too much. I guess they could give him a new foward smash or a new spike animation, but the down smash should stay exactly the same and he should definitely still have a spike! I just hear so many people beg for Mewtwo and then I hear they want him re-done basically...why want Mewtwo if its not ganna be Mewtwo? He was fun, so dont fix what aint broke.
A lil off topic, but basically, yeah, he could be our final pic of the day maybe

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Don't really know what to expect tonight. There aren't many PotD's left, really. Maybe something about DHD, just mentioning his trailer is up online blah blah here's a link to the Direct.

Just like prior to the 3DS release, I'm really not all that hyped for this games release.

I'm more excited about the MK8 DLC.

What does that tell you Sakurai?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Don't really know what to expect tonight. There aren't many PotD's left, really. Maybe something about DHD, just mentioning his trailer is up online blah blah here's a link to the Direct.

Just like prior to the 3DS release, I'm really not all that hyped for this games release.

It tells him he needs to start cranking out more smash bros DLC starting with cut veterans. Mewtwo alone won't top that new dragon course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair there isn't much left he can say. They blew pretty much everything in the Smash U direct, and then they formally revealed DHD and Jiggs today. All that's left now is to wait for the game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I keep getting 404'd trying to get to the Director's Room on Miiverse.

EDIT: now I can't even access Miiverse

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Opening a can of worms that probably means nothing...

Why is there an empty spot on the secret fighters page? It's not for Lucina.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This is weird, Im getting Error 404 from both Miiverses
EDIT :4greninja: d

Looks like the whole Miiverse is down

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
To be fair there isn't much left he can say. They blew pretty much everything in the Smash U direct, and then they formally revealed DHD and Jiggs today. All that's left now is to wait for the game.
Yeah, that's true. I think the whole release Smash 3DS first thing is to blame for all of this. It's not Sakurai's fault he's run out of PotD's. I'd have rathered he stopped posting when the 3DS version released. Anyway, this pic can't be far off.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Guys there's no Miiverse, so there's no POTDs anymore, everybody go home

...seriously I hope they fix this soon

EDIT: Soon Confirmed, it's working again

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Miiverse is working for me again

D

Deleted member

Apparently even Miiverse doesn't care about the PotD anymore. Or itself.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
He could always show us a white board drawing of :wolf: and:lucas: and say pic of the day these two veterans are on the way however it won't be until 2015, since we haven't started on them yet. Well this is the last pic of the day, or is it stay tuned for a behind the scenes look at how a smash bros character is made I will show the development process it takes to make characters like Lucas and Wolf, well bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom