• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MidSouth Brawl Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN)

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I saw it as Brawl power rankings and just assumed I wouldn't even be included since I had only gone to one tournament. Apparently someone noticed me. ^_^

Perhaps my 9th place finishes at Kumite and Brawl for a Cause will push me onto the list. (And my destruction of Reflex's Pokétrainer, BWAHAHAHA! <3 Reflex)

The last tournament inspired me to play more. I gotta prove myself!
It's weird to have a new power ranking list that might actually be updated. Yayhuzz!
(What happened to Zane anyway?)

Edit: Kumite = KiT:Revival? I still don't know the name...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yo, what does it take to get into the ranks? I've gotten 4th and 5th respectively at the only tournaments I've been to this summer. Oh, and GeorgeTHPS is too good to be that low.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yo, what does it take to get into the ranks? I've gotten 4th and 5th respectively at the only tournaments I've been to this summer. Oh, and GeorgeTHPS is too good to be that low.
Well, go to tournaments, especially ones attended by panelists and/or big ones.

Also, he;s low because most of the panelists hadnt heard of him at the time, so he only made one list. That's why nice1 isnt on it as well. Ive seen him since then and he's quite a beast.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Well, go to tournaments, especially ones attended by panelists and/or big ones.

Also, he;s low because most of the panelists hadnt heard of him at the time, so he only made one list. That's why nice1 isnt on it as well. Ive seen him since then and he's quite a beast.
Which is why NESnoob is numero 2. I mean...he loves this game so much that he goes to every tourney ever.

I'd like to see Mookierah, 3GOD, and ClintBeastwood on the potentials.

Mooks would probably rip a new arsehole for half of these guys anyways...<.<

btw, seems like TN players are hoarding the list.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Which is why NESnoob is numero 2. I mean...he loves this game so much that he goes to every tourney ever.

I'd like to see Mookierah, 3GOD, and ClintBeastwood on the potentials.

Mooks would probably rip a new arsehole for half of these guys anyways...<.<

btw, seems like TN players are hoarding the list.
Baky, you should be on the potentials too.

Also, DanGR is quite good - he definitely should be on the list, as should elev8, 205, and Munkus Beaver...oh yeah and Proto too.

Maybe MS and AL need their own power rankings or at the very least another panelist from both of our states. I don't even think NES n00b plays Brawl anymore. It seems there have been several AL tournaments that have not been given much (if any) weight simply because the Memphis folk haven't gone to the tournaments.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Baky, you should be on the potentials too.

Also, DanGR is quite good - he definitely should be on the list, as should elev8, 205, and Munkus Beaver...oh yeah and Proto too.

Maybe MS and AL need their own power rankings or at the very least another panelist from both of our states. I don't even think NES n00b plays Brawl anymore. It seems there have been several AL tournaments that have not been given much (if any) weight simply because the Memphis folk haven't gone to the tournaments.
I dont need to be on the potentials. Going to the marines so I'll be apart of a different region soon.

MS isn't getting the recognition it should. Chad apparently plays with the TN players and NESnoob doesn't even really play. The real MS community lies within the Tupelo area.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I asked for other panelist ideas, and I got none. Now that the rankings are, you all decide to come out? Figure something out for me please ;) Also, we go to tournaments. We just dont go to the same tournaments as you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
even though they dislike the game, noob, chad, and iori all seem to attend tournaments if its not too far out of the way, and they definitely deserve their spots in terms of skill level.

you can't just be on a list based on word of mouth, you have to be noticed/go to tournaments

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Do I know you Baky? You seem to have negative perceptions about me or my ranking. Or maybe I am reading too much into the text. >_>
Just a mookie minion.

but I can only really assume that the second place spot is not for someone who doesn't like the game and is apparently unable to travel much distance.

I have nothing against you though, I don't know you ..so that would be wrong of me.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Well when the list was thought up, NES did go to tournaments. Whether or not NES likes the game shouldn't be a factor (unless of course he doesn't wanna be on it =x )

MS has always been lacking in the smash scene because we're all too far apart, and I really don't even play brawl much anyway.

Furthermore, don't let a friggin list get you up in arms. : /

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Well when the list was thought up, NES did go to tournaments. Whether or not NES likes the game shouldn't be a factor (unless of course he doesn't wanna be on it =x )

MS has always been lacking in the smash scene because we're all too far apart.

The list doesn't really pretain to me considering the fact that i'll be leaving for the marines soon. I just think there are so many great players around who deserve placement.

People like 205, Elevate, Proto, and Phantom. Seriously...these guys are beast mode. We can't forget ole Mooks and his crew.

Milln

Smash Champion
Wrong button. We should be able to delete posts if it's the last one in a thread. T-T

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Well, if you don't want me on the list, I could be off it. Seriously, I do hate this game so less people knowing I played this game is a good thing.

I also don't play brawl much anymore since I am down here on the coast. What tournies are on the coast? :confused:

3GOD

Smash Ace
I haven't really sensed any hostility in here...at the very least, I've meant none with my posts.

Well, if you don't want me on the list, I could be off it. Seriously, I do hate this game so less people knowing I played this game is a good thing.

I also don't play brawl much anymore since I am down here on the coast. What tournies are on the coast? :confused:
Sorry if I came off as rude...I mentioned your name since you're the MS panelist. I didn't mean to imply that you should be off the ranking list, but I just thought your dislike for Brawl probably made it annoying for you to be a panelist...Like Shai Hulud would never be a panelist for a Brawl power ranking since he has nothing but disdain for the game.

Also, I'm ready for you to get back to Oxford and then come to Starkville to play my Melee Ganon, Jiggs, and Falco. It's been far too long since we played.

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Wrong button. We should be able to delete posts if it's the last one in a thread. T-T
rofl

its no big deal really... I suppose things will change when they really need to. I'll be interested in your snake's competition as well when college starts back for you college folk. I'll have a week to play brawl before marines basic training. xD

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Noob, believe me. I greatly greatly greatly prefer Melee. As Chad put it, Brawl is like the nicotine patch while Melee is the good ****. I just have a super secret plan to infiltrate the newcomer Brawl community and get them to start playing Melee after Brawl tournaments until they like it more.

It's all a mind game!

Also, whether or not NES likes Brawl should not be a factor on his rank. The point is he's good at the game. Nuff said.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Peepz are making too big of a deal out of this list.
JEZUZ MANGZ. Brawl isn't THAT bad. When was the last time you played a serious match? If it was right after the game came out then that crepe doesn't count. Yeah, it's hella different from Melee, but it's not as horrible as you are making it out to be. As Arnold would say "QUIT WHINING!"

Plus I'd love it if you actually played Brawl against me, your **** was good (and probably still is) good in melee and I'd like to play you in both games.

@Baky: Yeah, it's obvious that there should be some changes to the list, but considering the fact that the list hasn't been updated in a month means that a lot of it is outdated.

But yeah, there wasn't any intended hostility from both Baky or 3GOD, they were just being blunt and criticizing the current list is all.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
?
Fox is a powerful character. He does just as well as anything else that is not god tier.

Alabama needs more than one panelist. isn't it better to have panelists who aren't on the list (or even potentials?)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
moogle could be a panelist. he was a panellist for melee, so he has experience. and also he's well known in the community, and also he's a beast in brawl.

I think George could make a good panelist too, but most of us AL people pretty much have only attended tourneys in AL and GA for the most part.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
the list wont change every day. its hard to make a list when you have such a wide spread on the players. If you noticed the TN thread is extremely Large with active Brawl Players. i could see TN being its own region for a while in Brawl. as long as there are Brawlers. with 4 states selecting 10-15 people is hard as hell. i was a TN panelist for melee. Anyway ill hopefully be at the August GA tournament.

Top Bottom