• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MidSouth Brawl Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Translated for whitefolks:

I concede that what you said is probably true. Even so, I am content with him being number one in the Mid-South,; considering that Reflex is from my home state of Alabama; or at the very least represents Alabama even though he lives closer to Georgia Smashers..
LOL, you a trip son.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im thinking of holding a Two Day tournament with Brawl and Melee. I Main Captain Falcon and Yoshi. Respectively two of the Worst Chars in the game. Reflex I want youuuuuuuuuuu. CF v Wario best of 5 10 bucks homie. If i hold just a brawl tournament you have to come and win all the Monies.

Ps. How did i get 9th on here ive only been to one tournament. Is it cause im not a tier Wh0re? CF is my Hero.
PPs. -Chad- got the full force of Egg Time. In melee and Brawl! woooooooooooooo!

(then he RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPED me in Battle Hunters. i want my revenge sir!)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Im thinking of holding a Two Day tournament with Brawl and Melee. I Main Captain Falcon and Yoshi. Respectively two of the Worst Chars in the game. Reflex I want youuuuuuuuuuu. CF v Wario best of 5 10 bucks homie. If i hold just a brawl tournament you have to come and win all the Monies.

Ps. How did i get 9th on here ive only been to one tournament. Is it cause im not a tier Wh0re? CF is my Hero.
I'd definitely try to make it. The second half of July's looking booked for me, but any time beyond that's probably manageable. Fun stuff. Also, I accept that challenge; I want to see some CF goodness~

Also, we haven't had many tournaments to judge from; this is based on the personal experiences from the few that each have been (which have been sporadic; we need MOAR), so apparently your showing at Brawl For a Cause was rather good. Hopefully we'll have more to judge everyone on in the future, because I know a fair amount of people that haven't started traveling yet.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
im gonna talk to the people that own the place at which i wanna hold said tournament and see what they say about early august. since ill be starting school i might not have a job. and ill be free every weekend.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Someone get a hold of NES N00b. He's the last person to have his list; I want to celebrate when all the minds have been made up.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont have his phone number, Ive only seen him on AIM once since Ive added him and he was afk. =(

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
man,im not goona attemp to say im better than anyone,seeing as i olny got to play as long as gamestop had it runningT.T i havent played in about a month

(if i can get some people to hang wit me this month til i head back to vegas it would be cool,so leik,tourney plox?when?)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Not sure where you live or when you leave, but tournament in Nashville next Saturday (the 12th).

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
if you come Roxas to KIT we will have most of the List on here coming. it should be a grand tournament. May the best Yoshi win!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So who the heck does NES N00b play? How the heck did he get good at Brawl? The last I talked with him about it he seemed like he was going to drop it and/or was complaining that the characters he liked in it sucked.

3GOD

Smash Ace
So who the heck does NES N00b play? How the heck did he get good at Brawl? The last I talked with him about it he seemed like he was going to drop it and/or was complaining that the characters he liked in it sucked.
I'm not sure, but I think he plays Snake.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm not sure, but I think he plays Snake.
Muahahahahahahah. I'ma take him to school with ROB then. Does ANYONE have his contact info? I'd like to play him sometime over the summer after I quit my job right before I start moving into the house in Starkville.

-Chad-

Slackerator
From what I heard, he played online because there wasn't something better to do.

He plays Snake primarily I believe, and loves Melee.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Of course he loves melee, it's a better game and he hasn't been playing all the time it for 6 years.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
Thanks to Zane. I'm stealing his intro. LOL

The System - The Mid-South power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of the region and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or by money matches, rivalry matches, or challenges. A "challenge" match can basically be thought of as a "serious friendly" or "$0 money match". This is played, preferably with a panelist as witness, by standard tournament rules and regulations. Winning a challenge match, or and other afore mentioned matches, does not guarantee that the victor will gain rank. These matches are used as data during the discussion for the build of the new ranks.

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 6 people, but we havn't decided on a second person for AR yet, so send in some suggestions and show me some activity! Also, if you feel your state is more active (looks at AL), and comes to tourneys around here more, and you want more representation, we will probably add a rep.

AL (1/1) - Reflex
MS (1/1) - NESNoob
TN (2/2) - Iori & Handorin
AR (2/2) - Roxas & Vexen

The List- The list is the current standing of the best in the midsouth. We have decided that a "potentials" list is also neccessary. This isn't to say these are the only good people in the region, but that the people in the "potentials" category are very close to making it to the actual top 15 list. Meaning that they may be reconsidered when the next ranking update comes to pass. This means, that in the time between each convention, if this person beats others on the list, or others simply fall out of tournament placement, it is likely they will be moved up. The potentials list is currently in alphabetical order, as to not hold bias from one region or group of friends to another.

How Decisions Are Made - During a meeting with the panelists, each person will draw up a list of people from 1 - 15, with each person getting points based on their rank (15 for 1st, 14for 2nd, 13 for 3rd... 2 for 14th, 1 for 15th). Any ties will be discussed among all the panelists to see where rank is set (and possibly even still tied). As mentioned earlier, if an individual falls out of the tournament scene, or consistantly is not performing up to previous attempts, the individual is likely to fall (and vise versa for rise) in ranks.

As discussion has proved, there is no flawless way to create a perfect ranking system, but I feel this is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Each panelist gets their chance to cast their views in their own ballot system, and also discuss if he (or I guess maybe she) has anything to add that other panelists may or may not know about.

Magenta = stayed same
Cyan = went up
Red = went down
Orange = Not on last rank list

Mid-South Power Brawl Rankings

1.Reflex (AL)
2.NES_N00b (MS)
3.Iori (TN)
4.Roxas (AR)
5.Chad (MS)
6.Vexen (AR)
7.CaptainN (TN)
8.Handorin (TN)

9.KO_Kingpin (TN)
10.Kyle (TN)
11.Rob (TN)
12.Vandy (TN)
13.xigbar

14.GeorgeTHPS (AL)
15.Moogle (AL)

Potentials (in alphabetical order):
Ino
JMOAN (TN)
Kyo (TN)
Nice1 (AL)
TheOneJanitor (AL)

Also, soon to come...
INNSOMNIA 6!
I have talked with Zane, and he has said he is unable to help with biweeklies; however we are planning to have the big one lined up aroudn Christmas. Biweeklies will start soon to start the fundraising.

^^^^actual stolen from me indirectly through zane

just sayin

lulz

see yall *****s in a few weeks

im gonna start playin melee again

prepare to get trashed by year-stale falcon
\

wes

edit

didnt want that post to make it look like i was quiting brawl, im gonna kirby all over your minds so hard your hairlines will recede, retreat, surrender, and write a bill of rights concerning my secret combos leading from down airs.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Hey mangz, it looks like some crazy stuff is happening to my region here once the semester starts. Bi-weeklies going on at Memphis and Starky with monthly tournaments at mid TN. I'ma work my duders up to yall's level and we could fight it out like how we used to in the old days, except not cause back then there were just like 3 of us that were good, and I like run on sentences.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
^^^^actual stolen from me indirectly through zane

just sayin

lulz

see yall *****s in a few weeks

im gonna start playin melee again

prepare to get trashed by year-stale falcon
\

wes

edit

didnt want that post to make it look like i was quiting brawl, im gonna kirby all over your minds so hard your hairlines will recede, retreat, surrender, and write a bill of rights concerning my secret combos leading from down airs.
hmmmm Yoshi ownage you can have this!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Sorry guys I haven't been on lately. But my dad died recently and I have been working.

Man, I should be first cause that Reflex guy's wario is garbage. XD In all honesty, he is much better than me. Seeing my tag on a PR thing is weird. =/

My list is pretty much what you guys have. The only thing I would like is Ragnarock to be in honors mention. I would put him higher but he needs to actually go to a tourney for that. <_< I would also take my name off the list just cause I hate this game so much. Oh so much. lol

PS. Don't be talking smack to me Mookie/Jason/Rah junior cause I will be all up on your ROB. <3

Edit: ****, I forgot. Didn't Munkus win some Alabama tourney? Shouldn't he at least be on the list in someway?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sorry guys I haven't been on lately. But my dad died recently and I have been working.
Man... that sucks. My condolences.
PS. Don't be talking smack to me Mookie/Jason/Rah junior cause I will be all up on your ROB. <3
Then prove it. Drive to Tupeloopa this weekend and show me your skrills son.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
omg dude im so sorry. i know for a fact that there isnt much i can do or say to make it better. I went through the same thing in January. if you ever need anyone to talk to (cause you will) then hit me up. dang it man. T_T

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Thanks guys for caring. I am doing better than I would have thought in this situation. Still miss him, though . My grandmother isn't doing well cause of his passing so hopefully she will be ok soon.

Anyways, I can't Mookie for two reasons. 1. I am in Ocean Springs 2. Working in Ocean Springs.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Well then I guess you should take it easy then, as much as you can considering your job and whatnot. Also, where is Ocean Springs? Is it on the coast? If it's not on the coast you need to dig up the dead guy that named the town and skull **** him for naming an inland town after the ocean.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So...there was a Tennessee tournament, and the people in my car cleaned up.

My older brother, elev8, came in 3rd, just below Iori.

Will there be a revolution to come?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Why hasnt elev8 ever been known about? XD The tournament was pretty fun. Hopefully we can find a few more before another update.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Why hasnt elev8 ever been known about? XD The tournament was pretty fun. Hopefully we can find a few more before another update.
He never went to tournaments. He plans on doing so now, though; you all have another person to worry about.

Top Bottom