• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
What was zipzos sources leak?
I'll explain it because he is probably sick of doing so.

Basically Zipzo had a source was that a 100% confirmed game tester. This guy claimed to have tested parts of the new Super Smash Bros that included Mewtwo. As we all know there was a lot of hype going around at that time and Zipzo tweeted his information because he thought it was legit.

He is not at fault at all. If someone who had been confirmed to be a game tester told me Mewtwo was in the game I would believe them in an instant.

There are multiple sources right now saying they have seen Mewtwo models moving in the game so there is a tiny chance Zipzo's information was correct and Mewtwo will be DLC.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'll explain it because he is probably sick of doing so.

Basically Zipzo had a source was that a 100% confirmed game tester. This guy claimed to have tested parts of the new Super Smash Bros that included Mewtwo. As we all know there was a lot of hype going around at that time and Zipzo tweeted his information because he thought it was legit.

He is not at fault at all. If someone who had been confirmed to be a game tester told me Mewtwo was in the game I would believe them in an instant.

There are multiple sources right now saying they have seen Mewtwo models moving in the game so there is a tiny chance Zipzo's information was correct and Mewtwo will be DLC.
....there's just one problem...
Why, oh why, is he a trophy?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I just hope that if the Wii U/DLC stuff is real, Sakurai mentions it soon. I honestly don't want my hopes getting shot down again.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It is such a shame that Mewtwo did not return, and there is really no excuse for it. Pokemon as a matter of fact now has less playable characters than it did in Brawl. Mewtwo's was the most highly requested character all over the world, and already had a moveset available for Sakurai to use.

Really, his exclusion is even more bizarre than the exclusion of Ridley and a DK newcomer, and the cutting of Wolf and Lucas.

If DLC happens, Mewtwo is going to be a top priority. Mewtwo fans will just have to wait a bit longer. Until then, let's enjoy his triumphant return in Project M. :)

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It is such a shame that Mewtwo did not return, and there is really no excuse for it. Pokemon as a matter of fact now has less playable characters than it did in Brawl. Mewtwo's was the most highly requested character all over the world, and already had a moveset available for Sakurai to use.

Really, his exclusion is even more bizarre than the exclusion of Ridley and a DK newcomer, and the cutting of Wolf and Lucas.
I won't deny this. I'm stunned still that he was excluded. I seriously want him back....

salt on the wound. duh
...I hate you, Sakurai. -.-

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
The WiiU crosslink theory is making more and more sense to me each day. Think about it, originally, the 3ds version was to come out on summer, with the WiiU version to be out on holiday. At most, that's 6 months to least 3 months between the versions. By then a substantial amount of time will have gone by that if the WiiU version, which honestly is the main version, came out, and had nothing to offer through marketing, with the exception of the odd mode, Nintendo must have something up their sleeves, and nothing brings more hype to Smash than characters. Nintendo also has yet to give a release date for the WiiU version, and have hardly talked about the exclusive content. I don't think its right to archive any character speculation just yet. lets atleast wait for the WiiU version.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Mewtwo not making it in is just mind boggling. Out every all the characters who didn't make it in, his is the most unbearable.

>Two movies
>One OVA
>Recent Movie w/ Genesect
>Featured in Pokemon x/y despite being 1st Gen
>Two Mega evolutions
>INTRODUCED Mega evolutions
>Was already planned to be in both 64 and Brawl
>Most demanded character world wide
>Legendary Pokemon Rep
>A Melee dropout has ALREADY returned
>He was teased by Sakurai in 2013

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo not making it in is just mind boggling. Out every all the characters who didn't make it in, his is the most unbearable.

>Two movies
>One OVA
>Two Mega evolutions
>Legendary Pokemon Rep
God damn it this. If he doesn't make it now then he will never come back.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

>Two movies
>One OVA
>Two Mega evolutions
>Legendary Pokemon Rep
If Sakuari didn't take any of this into account, I can't even begin to imagine what was on his mind that would make him consider Dr Mario instead.

In fact it's so hard to believe that I'm still confident Mewtwo will be in the Wii-U version or DLC.

It's not only the most unbearable, but it's the most unreasonable. He really doesn't deserve this at all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

If DLC happens, Mewtwo is going to be a top priority. Mewtwo fans will just have to wait a bit longer. Until then, let's enjoy his triumphant return in Project M. :)
Seriously how do you know the characters shown as collectable trophys does not deconfirm them for dlc

The only 3 known that have a decent chance right now is isaac and bandana dee and ridley.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Seriously how do you know the characters shown as collectable trophys does not deconfirm them for dlc

The only 3 known that have a decent chance right now is isaac and bandana dee and ridley.
Seriously how do you know that it does de confirm them when we never even had Dlc for smash. Nobody knows who the candidates will be hell just look at the roster.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Not going to bother to respond to the rest of this apologist post, but this is the part I wanted to quote.

I’m 23, and was 17 when Brawl came out. I spent nearly a good third of my life on these various forums discussing these characters, arguing for K. Rool and Mewtwo. All I wanted were the most highly requested characters – I’m not over here asking for nobodies like, say, Birdo, Sylux, Dark Pit, Knuckles, Diglett, or Greninja.

Yes, I’m angry as hell that nearly a third of my life was wasted in anticipation of this game. My younger self thought the final Brawl reveal was disappointing, but that roster is golden compared to this.

Worse, I can’t entirely move on yet. Trust me, I’d love to leave this crappy game behind. I want to get past having to adhere to the whims of one man, but I still have to wait for the possibility of actual characters in the Wii U release. Yes, I’m aware that it will probably be the same and equally disappointing, but the fact there’s a possibility is just letting Sakurai drag out my misery for months, much like the infamous Ridley tease.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I won't deny this. I'm stunned still that he was excluded. I seriously want him back....

...I hate you, Sakurai. -.-
Hey, hey. Don't hate on Sakurai. Be thankful that Mewtwo is in the game at all.

I wanted Mewtwo to be playable just as much as you, but we have to accept it.

Besides, a single trophy doesn't de-confirm him. DLC is always a possibility.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
After getting some sleep and coming back to the tread, I'm feeling pretty great at the level of optimism and touching stories that've come back to the thread.

To those saying that Mewtwo is completely deconfirmed, it's not. Mewtwo still has somewhat of a chance, and it's absolutely your choice whether or not you ride on this glimmer of hope until the end or give up early.

I didn't troll.
Both your and Neo Zero's sources (if they weren't the same) probably weren't trolling us either; I wouldn't see much of a reason for people to utterly mess with others like that, especially if they've been correct in this case. Couple that with the DLC/crosslinking thing, and they've definitely still got some validity.

They were sure that Mewtwo would be in; to everyone else, they didn't necessarily dictate when Mewtwo would be in. We've assumed the entire time that "we'd all know the full roster before the 3DS version released". This means that there's still the chance that the sources are correct and no one has trolled us (besides Sakurai, of course) whatsoever and everyone is simply jumping the gun. It's probably a chaos befitting of Sakurai's confusion.

Again, you guys, it's not over yet; it's your choice whether to concede now or hold out a bit longer.

Don't we still have Wii U POTD's to worry about?

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Thank you for that, I wasn't sure anyone would understand or "get" what I was saying, and I do generally hope that you find a way of making you feel worthwhile, as none deserve to have to question their existences. Last thing I shall say for the night, and possibly in this thread in general if it closes, is that I am glad, that at the very least Lucina made it as a playable character and Shadow came back as an AT (since him being playable probably would never happen other than via hacks/mods). They may be 2nd and 3rd on my list of favorite characters in gaming, but it does feel slightly incomplete without Mewtwo. I will keep supporting him as a DLC character unless Sakurai or the Smash Team deconfirm DLC...then I'll just support him for the next game, as stated prior.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's been a pleasure chatting and discussing Mewtwo, SSB4, and Mewtwo in SSB4, I've stated this before, but hopefully the mods will be able to revive this thread, should Mewtwo return for DLC (which I am sure he will). If this is it, then good night and good tidings, if not, then disregard this. All that I have left to say is good night and thank you Mewtwo fans for the fun discussions.
You sir, have wonderful taste, Lucina is one of my favorites too I was really happy when she got in, everyone and their mother were expecting Chrom :/

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman

Again, you guys, it's not over yet; it's your choice whether to concede now or hold out a bit longer.
As I said before, im in.

We technically already lost, so what is there to loose?

We also know how big of a troll sakurai is and trophies hove bean shown off of characters in the game not being classic or all star trophies, which means there is still great hope for Mewtwo.

Another heartbreak, which will be less crushing this time, is worth the possible inclusion of Mewtwo any day, no matter how small the chances.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
You guys have probably heard this already, but there is a leak going around saying Mewtwo and a couple of others will be in the Wii U version right from the release and you can add them into the 3DS version by connecting to the Wii U.

D

Deleted member

MEWTWO IS STRIKING BACK! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
THANK YOU, SAKURAI!
Oh man, I can't wait to use him! Spring can only be so far away!

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Warning Received
Hell yeah, Mewtwo's back. No more drinking of the tears, Lucario and Greninja.
At least we have the tears of Ridley fans. Sakurai never "teased" or "trolled" anyone. The Ridley fans did it to themselves, and self-trolled tears are the saltiest, meaning they're better for Greninja to use in his attacks. #saltintheRideley

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
ITs great to see the old Mewtwo thread reopen. Life is good.

At least we have the tears of Ridley fans. Sakurai never "teased" or "trolled" anyone. The Ridley fans did it to themselves, and self-trolled tears are the saltiest, meaning they're better for Greninja to use in his attacks. #saltintheRideley
Don't bring that kind of negativity, otherwise you aren't any better than those people who mocked the Mewtwo fans.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Warning Received
-removed for inappropriate content-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.