• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.

I think that Sakurai is hiding something, or something big will happen when we've lost all hope. (like DLC)

I doubt that Sakurai would let the hype die off completely before the Wii-U version is sold because he has to do something to keep people interested in it enough to buy it. Everybody is so hyped up on the 3DS demo right now, it will wear off in a few weeks when the game comes out. More hype, but that will also die down again. If he does something else, it will generate the hype again for the Wii-U release. It makes sense.

I don't believe that trophies dis-confirm characters. But, we'll have to see.

All we can do is wait and keep hoping. Mewtwo isn't dis-confirmed yet, we just are still in the dark.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
We can't.

But that's the thing. There's no straight up proof of these trophies' purposes; we're all making assumptions that have a chance, regardless of however small, to be proven wrong. We can only think based on evidence at this point, but we can't make any final statements on the matter, as we don't actually have true answers, yet.

Some think these trophies are deconfirmation, others think they throw us through a loop for possible DLC. We don't have an answer or a way to prove either point, therefore both are possible.
Exactly. It's a 50/50 shot now, and I, like you, will remain optimistic for my boy Mewtwo. The last game me and my father played and took seriously, he played as Mewtwo, and now he's not as much of a gamer and refuses to play Smash, he only plays WoW now (I play too, so I don't think it's a bad game). He also was my main in Melee, which as you could guess, made me like him even more as a kid. Not only that, but I was kind of an outcast during my young schooling days, and I could kinda relate to Mewtwo. As you could guess, this gives me a kind of bond with him, so not seeing him in hurts, more than the average gamer. Maybe that sound silly, but I don't care, he's like a good ol' childhood friend, and as such I will defend him. I'll still enjoy Smash, as the roster seems fine, but the lack of Mewtwo still is a painful hole in the roster. I still do, and will continue to hold out hope for him...ironically as I'm listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT4VBLrqE

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Exactly. It's a 50/50 shot now, and I, like you, will remain optimistic for my boy Mewtwo. The last game me and my father played and took seriously, he played as Mewtwo, and now he's not as much of a gamer and refuses to play Smash, he only plays WoW now (I play too, so I don't think it's a bad game). He also was my main in Melee, which as you could guess, made me like him even more as a kid. Not only that, but I was kind of an outcast during my young schooling days, and I could kinda relate to Mewtwo. As you could guess, this gives me a kind of bond with him, so not seeing him in hurts, more than the average gamer. Maybe that sound silly, but I don't care, he's like a good ol' childhood friend, and as such I will defend him. I'll still enjoy Smash, as the roster seems fine, but the lack of Mewtwo still is a painful hole in the roster. I still hold out hope for him...ironically as I'm listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT4VBLrqE
The feels man... Like really I felt heartbroken reading that.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
The feels man... Like really I felt heartbroken reading that.
He's my absolute favorite video game character of all times after all, even though I showed I liked Shadow more at times, that simply isn't the case as Shadow was #2 for me and probably has lowered (not much though, as he's still on my top 5). Also, thanks for not insulting me due to that...I was afraid of sharing that do to people who do such things.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
Exactly. It's a 50/50 shot now, and I, like you, will remain optimistic for my boy Mewtwo. The last game me and my father played and took seriously, he played as Mewtwo, and now he's not as much of a gamer and refuses to play Smash, he only plays WoW now (I play too, so I don't think it's a bad game). He also was my main in Melee, which as you could guess, made me like him even more as a kid. Not only that, but I was kind of an outcast during my young schooling days, and I could kinda relate to Mewtwo. As you could guess, this gives me a kind of bond with him, so not seeing him in hurts, more than the average gamer. Maybe that sound silly, but I don't care, he's like a good ol' childhood friend, and as such I will defend him. I'll still enjoy Smash, as the roster seems fine, but the lack of Mewtwo still is a painful hole in the roster. I still do, and will continue to hold out hope for him...ironically as I'm listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjfT4VBLrqE
That's so touching man....i relate to Mewtwo in a similar way...still feel like an outcast due to things I can't control. I felt a connection to Mewtwo because of his story and it's why he's one of my favorite characters. I really hope to see him in smash again.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I don't think trophies will have any affect on whether a new practice like DLC will be implemented into the game. This is something nintendo have yet to do before.

Plus Wii U version probably has an entirely different set of trophies to boot.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman

But I do and it's hate.

Sakurai, I hate you. I really hate you.

I hope you never direct a game again.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
That's so touching man....i relate to Mewtwo in a similar way...still feel like an outcast due to things I can't control. I felt a connection to Mewtwo because of his story and it's why he's one of my favorite characters. I really hope to see him in smash again.
Well, since we've gotten to sharing more...I was suicidal as well, but not only did my friends and good memories stop me from harming myself in an unrepairable manner, I remembered what Mewtwo did for fellow clones and realized I wanted to try and make people happy (even though I can become a douche rather easily due to my bad temper I inherited from BOTH my parents), as nobody should have to feel pain and wonder why they even exist. I still remember one of Mewtwo's quotes, and even found an image for it that I still take to heart:
mewtwo_quote_by_firewings26-d56shns.jpg

No matter what the circumstance, I will continue to vote for and defend Mewtwo, even if he truly doesn't return for this iteration, I will continue on and defend him with the next game, and I will continue doing so until he returns.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Samus apparently has another trophy someone bought from the trophy shop thing. Is it the same suit as the one she has in-game?

As others have probably stated by now, it's a trophy of the Varia Suit. At least the katakana says Varia Suit. So the description is probably talking about the suit and its function.

At this point, the only hope for Mewtwo is DLC. Just being a trophy can be a good sign since being an assist or a hazard would make it much more difficult to turn a character into a playable DLC.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Well, since we've gotten to sharing more...I was suicidal as well, but not only did my friends and good memories stop me from harming myself in an unrepairable manner, I remembered what Mewtwo did for fellow clones and realized I wanted to try and make people happy (even though I can become a douche rather easily due to my bad temper I inherited from BOTH my parents), as nobody should have to feel pain and wonder why they even exist. I still remember one of Mewtwo's quotes, and even found an image for it that I still take to heart:
View attachment 24979
No matter what the circumstance, I will continue to vote for and defend Mewtwo, even if he truly doesn't return for this iteration, I will continue on and defend him with the next game, and I will continue doing so until he returns.
THAT QUOTE!!! That quote is what made me fall in love with Mewtwo. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I felt like that (and still at times do), I'd question why I exist, why I am the way I am, and lead myself to feel worthless. It's a toxic cycle. It's gotten better and worse in ways but it is what it is I guess. But yeah, Mewtwo is a special character :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
View attachment 24979
Fun fact: Mewtwo also helped Shoko-tan feel better when she was feeling depression due to having an existential crisis. Link here. I think it was also mentioned in this thread months ago.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
THAT QUOTE!!! That quote is what made me fall in love with Mewtwo. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I felt like that (and still at times do), I'd question why I exist, why I am the way I am, and lead myself to feel worthless. It's a toxic cycle. It's gotten better and worse in ways but it is what it is I guess. But yeah, Mewtwo is a special character :)
Thank you for that, I wasn't sure anyone would understand or "get" what I was saying, and I do generally hope that you find a way of making you feel worthwhile, as none deserve to have to question their existences. Last thing I shall say for the night, and possibly in this thread in general if it closes, is that I am glad, that at the very least Lucina made it as a playable character and Shadow came back as an AT (since him being playable probably would never happen other than via hacks/mods). They may be 2nd and 3rd on my list of favorite characters in gaming, but it does feel slightly incomplete without Mewtwo. I will keep supporting him as a DLC character unless Sakurai or the Smash Team deconfirm DLC...then I'll just support him for the next game, as stated prior.
EDIT: Forgot to mention, it's been a pleasure chatting and discussing Mewtwo, SSB4, and Mewtwo in SSB4, I've stated this before, but hopefully the mods will be able to revive this thread, should Mewtwo return for DLC (which I am sure he will). If this is it, then good night and good tidings, if not, then disregard this. All that I have left to say is good night and thank you Mewtwo fans for the fun discussions.

Last edited:

Spirst

Mewtwo is my favorite legendary Pokemon by far (and definitely in my top 5 overall) so I'm really disappointed he didn't make he cut. I too felt like I could identify with his personality as I've often felt ostracized from society at large and have had a tendency to dwell in my thoughts too much. He was the veteran character I was most eager about making a return and so I cannot deny my disappointment as this not seeming to be so. However, this is a unique situation we're in as before, in a game like Brawl, his lack of appearance meant that he would never see the light of the day for the rest of the games lifespan. With Smash 4, we're finally given the possibility of having DLC be added onto the game as times goes by and so, Mewtwo's exclusion isn't a definite.

He's still the most requested veteran character and even though Sakurai may not have been as attentive to that much thus far, I don't see how he'd ignore that when considering which DLC characters to add. It's important to still have a sense of hope but to also have a firm sense of the bitterness of reality. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

If he doesn't make it, we can do better than mudslinging and saying how much we hate Sakurai. At the end of the day, he's just a guy too. Sure, he made a pretty stupid decision but regardless, maturity is important.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Good News Is that No Lucas Trophy But we do have Ice Climbers Mewtwo and Chorus Kids Trophies So
HERE'S HOPING FOR LUCAS DLC!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
lol this deconfirms nothing
Well it does unless the rumour about linking the Wii U and 3DS Version to get more characters is true we know the full roster ROB is the final unlock in the game So unless there is DLC I doubt Mewtwo plus why would we have a trophy of a character who is DLC anyway? I mean the supposed ''DLC'' Is not out yet so how would they already have a trophy of them?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well it does unless the rumour about linking the Wii U and 3DS Version to get more characters is true we know the full roster ROB is the final unlock in the game So unless there is DLC I doubt Mewtwo plus why would we have a trophy of a character who is DLC anyway? I mean the supposed ''DLC'' Is not out yet so how would they already have a trophy of them?
I thought Jigglypuff was the final unlock

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
stop being a downer there not deconfimred -_-

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
Hope is fading out quickly for me, regarding the dlc and the Wii U-3DS connectivity theories. Nonetheless, I'll still hold out hope until the Wii U version is released.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This mentality has no proof behind the matter. For all we know the characters who were popular that did get trophies are the first up for dlc. We know nothing.

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Why do people want to see trophies? The desperation is real.
We have the full roster, they wouldn't just add a random character that couldn't be unlocked by matches and based upon how the rest unlocked someone would have got them already.
No extra characters for Wii U, they want to keep the games consistent.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We have the full roster, they wouldn't just add a random character that couldn't be unlocked by matches and based upon how the rest unlocked someone would have got them already.
I dont even think we are getting DLC but to think a trophy deconfirms a characters as DLC is really silly.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
FINALY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME IN THIS THREAD :)
I agree with this too. There has to be more to this than what we've seen.

You don't know what's going to happen. None of us do.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
Now if it were something like an assist, pokeball, boss, smash run enemy, or an alt then I would agree but a normal trophy means nothing...
Excatly and if they werent gonna make him playable they would at least make him a pokeball cause he is so relevant right now!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
My theory is that, like Brawl, some characters were not finished in time for the original release. Fortunately, since there are two versions of the game, these characters will likely be included in the WiiU version (if they exist). They will likely then be patched in to the 3DS version when the Wii U one launches (or offered as free DLC). Hopefully, Mewtwo will be one of those characters.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I need to find a Mewtwo avatar to support my boy even if I need to wait until the next game. I'm not giving up on him either.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
lol
My theory is that, like Brawl, some characters were not finished in time for the original release. Fortunately, since there are two versions of the game, these characters will likely be included in the WiiU version (if they exist). They will likely then be patched in to the 3DS version when the Wii U one launches (or offered as free DLC). Hopefully, Mewtwo will be one of those characters.
This is similar to the crosslinking theory and i like it and it does sound like something nintendo would do! :)

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Guys, the regular trophies don't necessarily deconfirm Mewtwo, or even the rest of the "supposed characters", it definitely hurts their chances, but had they been disincluded as trophies, people would have immediately got suspicious. Its entirely possible Sakurai is trying to bring our hopes down, and making it seem its all over, only to blow us away. 10%, or 5% thanks to the trophies, but the Spainkiller guy on Neogaf, who has a long standing reputation on Gaf, 10 years, who hasn't been wrong on leaks so far, and perhaps our last shot. Don't expect anything, but don't rule out the possibility. And if it isn't the case, just rally up for DLC. Sakurai has said he isn't against the idea of DLC, just that he wouldn't be thinking about it when working on the games. These aren't the archaic Melee, or even Brawl days at this point, DLC has become a standard on most big games, and Nintendo has shown not to be against it. So as long we make it clear to them we want Mewtwo, his chances will never fade.

Last edited:

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
I dont even think we are getting DLC but to think a trophy deconfirms a characters as DLC is really silly.
I think we are getting DLC, 3DS version already has a patch and Mario Kart is getting DLC. Plus factor in the Miibos where Ninetendo can nickel and dime by double dip? It's less a "if" and more of a "when".
Trophies mean nothing, the fact no one has unlocked anything after Jiggs after hundreds of matches is what deconfirms everything else.

You don't know what's going to happen. None of us do.
I predicted forever ago that Icy, Wolf and Lucas weren't coming back.
I like Mewtwo also but still:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucQede966E

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I predicted forever ago that Icy, Wolf and Lucas weren't coming back.
I like Mewtwo also but still:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LucQede966E
No. The dream is not dead, and I am not going to let myself become a downer just because of how bad things look currently.

So what if we've seen trophies? It hurts, but it doesn't disconfirm the characters in anyway. Only when Sakurai says himself that the characters are not in the game, and when we actually see game evidence of the final Wii-U roster presented to us and they're not in it, THEN the dream will the be dead.

DLC is a highly likely possibility considering the size of the game. It would be a good marketing move, and would bring back the hype needed to increase sales.

People can speculate all they like. They can rub it in my face over and over that Mewtwo won't be coming back, and the trolls can also taunt all they like, but I refuse to believe that Mewtwo is out until there is proof of it. There's none.

Some people have been saying how they can relate to Mewtwo, it's the same for me. Mewtwo's been a massive part of my life (I even have a tattoo of him) and everything that's happened over the past few days has left me pretty numb, but still. There's no giving up for me just yet. I'll wait a few more months before deciding to give up.

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
No. The dream is not dead, and I am not going to let myself become a downer just because of how bad things look currently.

So what if we've seen trophies? It hurts, but it doesn't disconfirm the characters in anyway. Only when Sakurai says himself that the characters are not in the game, and when we actually see game evidence of the final Wii-U roster presented to us and they're not in it, THEN the dream will the be dead.

DLC is a highly likely possibility considering the size of the game. It would be a good marketing move, and would bring back the hype needed to increase sales.

People can speculate all they like. They can rub it in my face over and over that Mewtwo won't be coming back, and the trolls can also taunt all they like, but I refuse to believe that Mewtwo is out until there is proof of it. There's none.

Some people have been saying how they can relate to Mewtwo, it's the same for me. Mewtwo's been a massive part of my life (I even have a tattoo of him) and everything that's happened over the past few days has left me pretty numb, but still. There's no giving up for me just yet. I'll wait a few more months before deciding to give up.
SAME HERE HOPE WILL LIVE ON MY FRIENDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom